signatures question

Hello all,

If you have 1 user who is bob@company.com and sales@company.com and he can
reply from both addresses from the same outlook account (as both go to the
same email inbox) how do you setup different signatures so one signature
displays "bob" the other "sales" depending on who your sending the mail
from.

Thanks in advance for any help

0
ross

ross malyon <ross.malyon@selectec...co.uk> wrote:

> If you have 1 user who is bob@company.com and sales@company.com and
> he can reply from both addresses from the same outlook account (as
> both go to the same email inbox) how do you setup different
> signatures so one signature displays "bob" the other "sales"
> depending on who your sending the mail from.

First off, you need Outlook 2003 to connect signatures with accounts. Do
this on the Tools>Options>Mail Format dialogue.

If you don't have OL 2003, just create multiple signatures and manually
select the one you want when you send mail.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Insert Signature Missing (Outlook 2003)
I have two signatures configured in Outlook 2003 and have neither of them configured to be automatically inserted. Instead, I want to insert one of them on a case by case basis through the "Insert\Signature" menu. However, the Signature menu option is MISSING! Outlook 2003 Help indicates that it should be there, but it's not! Please help. ...

Sumproduct Question 04-13-10
Hi All, I've been experiementing with the Sumproduct function in Excel 2007 and ran across a problem with the function that I cannot figure out. The following is an example: I have the following table in cells E21 to G23: 1 5 1 6 10 2 11 15 3 In cell D21 I input a value (e.g. 8) In cell E25 I have the followng formula: =SUMPRODUCT((E21:E23>=D21)*(F21:F23<=D21)*(G21:G23)) In cell D21, if I enter 8 I should see 2 - instead I get 0. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Or would it be better to use another function? Thanks in advance!! John 0 is correct...

Email Signatures: "The signature "blah blah" could not be located.
I have just reinstalled Office 2003, following a hard drive failure. I have had the problem I am about to explain before and Microsoft provided me with a Hotfix patch. This worked previously but now says "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch.” THE PROBLEM: I have several different email addresses and a different ema...

COUNTIF or SUMIF question
I'm not certain if this a possibilty, but I am not able to figure it out on my own. I am trying to count cells (with text only) in one worksheet to have the total appear in another sheet, same book. I want the total of how many times ReqDept (A2:A6) appears for each Mod (B2:B6). For instance how many times MR & GYN match =2; MR & ENT =1. What would be the correct formula to write? Example ............A.........B 1 ReqDept Mod 2 MR GYN 3 CT ENT 4 MR ENT 5 MR GYN 6 US PMR -- Thanks, Bindy Bindy, Try ...

eseutil /p question E2k3
Hello all, First off thank you in advance for anyone who responds. I had my Comapaq DL 380 G2 W2k3 Exchange2k3 server go down last night which left the db's in a "dirty shutdown" state. I'm using KB 301438 to resolve this issue. I cannot perform a eseutil /r E00 as i get an error message referring to the jet db having a blank log. I then proceeded to do a eseutil /p on the db which is at 19% of the second pass for the pass 40 minutes. I cannot move any of the windows open, i cannot open any windows but i happened to have the task manager open and the graph for the CP...

threading Question??
I have MFC Dialog based application that will check the system time while running I used threading to continously check the system time (but this is the first time i used threading application) the problem the thread never called , moreover what should I do to customize the application to check the time every 2 hours for example i did this in OnInitDialog _beginthreadex(NULL,0,myThread,NULL,0,0) and myThread is: UINT myThread(LPVOID) { CCriticalSection cs; cs.Lock(); SYSTEMTIME SystemTime; GetSystemTime(&SystemTime); DWORD dwHour = SystemTime.wHour + 2 ; if(dwHour >= 13 ) {...

No signature lines in replies
Hello, I have an ongoing problem: If I create new mail my signature line is embedded all right. But on the other hand, if I reply a message, the same signature line is not embedded to the mail! I have to do it manually. I set a signature text up in Tools>Options>Mail Format>Signatures for new messages as well as Signatures for replies and forwards i.e. both cases have a signature text. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. Cem what version of outlook and are you using word or the outlook editor? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in...

question marks hyperlinks
Often when i am copy a whole or part of a webpage and paste it into an email it looks fine and so i send it. At the other end, however, all they see is hyperlinks and question marks. Then I check my sent folder and I see the same. What is causing this and more importantly how do I get to keep the email in the format with all the images etc. ...

My jpeg logo stopped appearing in my signature & how to coordinate signature?

Signature #18
Is there a way to add a disclaimer to all users signature for outgoing email? See if the info here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/content_control.htm "Brian Wagerer" <bwagerer@garrettcollege.edu> wrote in message news:eQy8IVv5FHA.3432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to add a disclaimer to all users signature for outgoing > email? Brian Wagerer <bwagerer@garrettcollege.edu> wrote: > Is there a way to add a disclaimer to all users signature for outgoing > email? A disclaimer of that kind is best added by the outgoing server and not ...

Rules Wizard question #2
In outlook 2000 or 2002, I want to add a rule that will forward a message containing a certain subject, but only if it is received within a certain time range on any given day. For example, I want to forward any message with subject "supplier data", if it is received between 5:30 p.m. and 9 a.m. on any day. Rules wizard allows me to apply a condition for a message "received in a specific date span", but not one for a message "received in a specific time span". Does anyone know if it is possible to do this? Thanks in advance. Joe <jmiller@nsbgroup.com&...

Remove footer lines from Signature portion of Receipt?
We're using a rather long footer (for our Return Policy), but it's also printing out on the Signature portion (that we keep) for Credit receipts, etc. thus wasting alot of paper...is there a way to keep the same footer lines from printer on both portions of the receipt? Thanx! -- Best regards, Rich Muller Rich, One possible way would be to create two different receipt formats on two different "printers" that actually point to the same printer. Good luck, Matt "hitman" <rmuller@bellabeadboutique.(nospam).com> wrote in message news:9D1CCA70-4579-4ED5-...

another question on Function pointer term does not evaluate to a function
Many thanks for the responce last time but I have another question the line below (DbTable[0].pFunc)(); produces error C2064: term does not evaluate to a function How do I fix this ? Thanks //Header file class X { typedef struct { void (X::*pFunc)(); }Z; void SerialNum(void); }; static X::Z DbTable[]= { { X::SerialNum }, {0} }; //cpp file void X::SerialNum(void) { } //Call by BOOL CMVPDlg::OnInitDialog() { (DbTable[0].pFunc)(); return TRUE; } Once, long ago, when I was first learning C++, I used a function pointer. I haven't needed one s...

signature
I would like to have a signature block and logo at the end of all outgoing e-mails. I can enter an signature and address, but I don't know how to include a logo from a jpg file. Can you help me? Mark I'm not an expert on graphic signatures, but here are four tutorials = that may help you: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/94853-windows-mail-signatures.html http://www.timeatlas.com/mos/Email/General/Create_Image_Signatures_in_Win= dows_Mail_or_Live_Mail/ http://email.about.com/cs/oetipstricks/qt/et112703.htm=20 http://email.about.com/cs/oetipstricks/qt/et121503.htm=20 ...

WAV in signature
I've been having fun adding animated gifs to my signature in outlook, but I haven't been able to figure out how to add a WAV file that will play automatically when an email is opened. Can this be added to the signature - does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance, Joe in Florida What version of Outlook? Do your friends *really* appreciate the overhead for animated gifs and wave files? Does anyone? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal...

Question Regarding Outlook Express
Sorry, but I could not find the Outlook Express community. If anyone cares to link it - I will crosspost there. This seemed to be the reasonable place for this question. Here we go, I have multiple users on OE - moving them into my domain. If it were Outlook, I could just copy their old PST file to retain their emails. However, with OE, there is no PST file. How does OE hold all the emails? Is there a file or files I can copy into the domain profile that will keep all their emails, rather than manually dragging all the emails into folders and then manually importing them back? I ha...

Page Break View
I work in page break view quite a bit. I do know that if I go back to normal view I can remove the "Page 1, 2, etc" watermark. My question is this, is there any way to edit the properties of that watermark so it isn't so dark? It's pretty annoying that it is so dark by default. ...

Signature Button and Insert Signature Missing
Outlook 2002 SP3 in Exchange 2003/SBS 2003/XP Pro SP2 environment. On one PC only there is no insert signature button or Insert Signature Menu Item. Google search found squat, Any ideas, please? That's perfectly normal if Word is the email editor. If you are using = Word as your email editor (aka WordMail), you will not have an Insert | = Signature command like the regular Outlook editor. If you want to be = able to insert a signature into a WordMail message manually, you can = create an AutoText entry for each signature. You can then insert them = with the Insert | AutoText comman...

SELECT Statement Question
Table: [Publish Table] Description: One row per email sent in by a student. Emails are feedback on the course they are taking. Columns: [Course Name] = class they are taking [People ID] = student identifier [Comment] = comment about the class that day [Date] = date/time of the email Goal: I'd like to count the number of students that have submitted an email by the course name. Everything I've tried returns to me the number of records (=emails) by course. Query: SELECT [Publish Table].[Course Name], Count([Publish Table].[People ID]) AS CountPeople FROM [Publi...

Transaction logs contain invalid signature
Continuing my woes involving an Exchange 5.5 Server, I have reinstalled from scratch and now have a solid foundation to work from. I have moved back the information store including transaction logs that existed before the crash. However, on trying to perform a soft recovery I receive the error, "Timestamp in next log does not match expected". On inspecting the log headers I find that the signature of every file reads "Create time:223/0/1905 0:0:6 Rand: 26632". This indicates to me that the server's time may have been invalid on boot and was later updated by n...

exmerge: 2 questions
Hi All 1. Can exmerge backup /extract public folders? 2. Has anyone thought about the utility of using exmerge on a full exchange backup to extract a single mailbox. It seems like this would be a GREAT feature. Maybe I just don't understand the difficulty in this. Thanks daben #1 - no #2 - I don't think I understand your question...if you're asking if you can use exmerge on a restored backup to extract mailbox data, that's what (nearly) everyone does to recover mailbox data... "daben" <dabenPB@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e%82d.2007$OB2.1961@twist...

Email Signature for CRM Web Client
If CRM is to be our way to communcate with our customers, then email functionality should have more basic email functions. The ability to insert a email signature would be great. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutio...

Inserting a signature "manually"
Outlook/Office 2003. How does one command the insertion of one's "signature" with a menu selection or a keyboard shortcut when the default is not to insert it? I have insertion of my "signature" (personal data) set to automatic for initiated messages and not for replies. That's fine for 99% of the time. But if I am replying to a "broadcast" message (sent to "everyone," and the sender may not know me personally), then I would like to optionally include my "signature." I don't find it on the "Insert" menu, nor anywhere ...

Popup window question
When I first open my Outlook 2003, a window pops up that says "Microsoft LDAP Directory" Then it says "Server Name: NULL" "Port: 3268" "Username: NULL" "Password: " How can I keep this from popping up and what does it mean? Thanks! ...

creating signatures
A while back I created a personal signature with the 'Change is in the air' theme. I wanted to change that now, but I can't find those themes??? When I open the signature to edit, it doesn't appear that I have all the tools on my toolbar? I just wondered if Live changed something, or if I'm just missing something... ...