Signatures Question #2

I have created a signature, but would like for it to stay at the top of the
email body rather than at the bottom. It seems to insert 2 'carriage
returns' above my signature, so when I create a new email, I have to delete
them and put a couple beneath it. Does anyone know how I fix this?

--Jim

Spike9458 <bmcsretired@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have created a signature, but would like for it to stay at the top
> of the email body rather than at the bottom. It seems to insert 2
> 'carriage returns' above my signature, so when I create a new email,
> I have to delete them and put a couple beneath it. Does anyone know
> how I fix this?

Use stationery instead, perhaps?
--
Brian Tillman
0

> Spike9458 <bmcsretired@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have created a signature, but would like for it to stay at the top
>> of the email body rather than at the bottom. It seems to insert 2
>> 'carriage returns' above my signature, so when I create a new email,
>> I have to delete them and put a couple beneath it. Does anyone know
>> how I fix this?
>
> Use stationery instead, perhaps?
> --
> Brian Tillman

Spike9458 <bmcsretired@hotmail.com> wrote:

> How do I get the stationary to just be the top inch and a half?

You don't.  Just have blank stationery that contains only your signature at
the top.  I'm just speculating.  I haven't tried it myself.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
5/9/2006 1:48:16 AM
I did what you said and it works great.

Thanks,

--Jim
> Spike9458 <bmcsretired@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> How do I get the stationary to just be the top inch and a half?
>
> You don't.  Just have blank stationery that contains only your signature
> at the top.  I'm just speculating.  I haven't tried it myself.
> --
> Brian Tillman

Outlook 2003 2 computers
I am new to outlook and would like to maybe give it a try but a little stumped on this detail. I have 2 computers that I use regularly desktop and laptop. How can I have this running on both machines with the same info with out entering the info twice? Can you sync the 2 some how? The 2 computers are on a network and I am also able to VPN to the desktop while away. Any info greatly appreciated Thank Jaso Hello Jason, Have a look at www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm or at my signature for a powerful synchronization tool. -- Thomas Wetzel Synchronize or backup your Outlook quick a...

Conditional Number Formatting #2
Hi, I need to number format a group of cells based on the number contained in another cell. In other words, if the value in A1 is 1 I need to format A2 to D2 as percent, if the value in A1 is 0 I need to format A2 to D2 as a number. From, trying to figure out how t odo it I gathered that conditional formatting will not be able to do it, and I don't know how to write a macro to do it so any help will be appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Neda one way: Put this in your worksheet code module (right-click the worksheet tab an choose View Code): Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVa...

undeliverable mail #2
Why can't one person in the domain send mail to an address that everyone else in the same domain can? It keeps coming back "undeliveable:Returned mail: User unknown" for that one person. Check their Contacts or Address book... They are probably "authenticating" that email address to an old address that they have in their address book. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "kentc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:001201c3dc64$48ce0f10$a001280a@phx.gbl... Why can't one person in the domain send mail to an address that e...

Xml and dataset #2
Hi, I have an xml file with the structure: <Customer Name="John"> <Order Number="0098"></Order> </Customer> How do I tranform the xml file to ensure that the Order Number is an integer. The reason for this being that the xml file needs to be read into a dataset and for the Order Table in the dataset I want to make the Number column, the primary key as well as autoincremental. A code sample would be great. Thanks a lot. Anita C wrote: > I have an xml file with the structure: > <Customer Name="John"> > <Order Nu...

Insert Signature Missing (Outlook 2003)
I have two signatures configured in Outlook 2003 and have neither of them configured to be automatically inserted. Instead, I want to insert one of them on a case by case basis through the "Insert\Signature" menu. However, the Signature menu option is MISSING! Outlook 2003 Help indicates that it should be there, but it's not! Please help. ...

Investment accounts #2
I was setting up some investment accounts and I realized that I wasn't doing it per money's suggestions specifically setting up one account for each paper statement that you receive. Because I had entered investments from two different statements, I decided to delete the account and start from scratch. So, I deleted the account that I had named Roth IRA. It is no longer in my account list. I then tried to set up an account for my Janus Roth IRA, but money will not allow me to enter one of the funds because it had been part of the deleted account, Roth IRA. It will not al...

Sumproduct Question 04-13-10
Hi All, I've been experiementing with the Sumproduct function in Excel 2007 and ran across a problem with the function that I cannot figure out. The following is an example: I have the following table in cells E21 to G23: 1 5 1 6 10 2 11 15 3 In cell D21 I input a value (e.g. 8) In cell E25 I have the followng formula: =SUMPRODUCT((E21:E23>=D21)*(F21:F23<=D21)*(G21:G23)) In cell D21, if I enter 8 I should see 2 - instead I get 0. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Or would it be better to use another function? Thanks in advance!! John 0 is correct...

Email Signatures: "The signature "blah blah" could not be located.
I have just reinstalled Office 2003, following a hard drive failure. I have had the problem I am about to explain before and Microsoft provided me with a Hotfix patch. This worked previously but now says "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch.” THE PROBLEM: I have several different email addresses and a different ema...

COUNTIF or SUMIF question
I'm not certain if this a possibilty, but I am not able to figure it out on my own. I am trying to count cells (with text only) in one worksheet to have the total appear in another sheet, same book. I want the total of how many times ReqDept (A2:A6) appears for each Mod (B2:B6). For instance how many times MR & GYN match =2; MR & ENT =1. What would be the correct formula to write? Example ............A.........B 1 ReqDept Mod 2 MR GYN 3 CT ENT 4 MR ENT 5 MR GYN 6 US PMR -- Thanks, Bindy Bindy, Try ...

RMS 2.0 and Credit/Debit and Gift Card Processing Companies
Hello - I am having a heck of a time deciding on the right processing company for all my needs and compatibility with the rms software and my dell ultra small form factor system... I was originally told to go to Citi (first data) and then Chase (of which I have rates from both now) - Chase today told me that the gift card program is on a network that rms does not support -- First Data is trying to find out.. Does anyone know if First Data is completely compatible in ALL processing (including gift cards) for the RMS 2.0 software (before I sign a 3 year agreement)? Help (from a novice) ...

threading Question??
I have MFC Dialog based application that will check the system time while running I used threading to continously check the system time (but this is the first time i used threading application) the problem the thread never called , moreover what should I do to customize the application to check the time every 2 hours for example i did this in OnInitDialog _beginthreadex(NULL,0,myThread,NULL,0,0) and myThread is: UINT myThread(LPVOID) { CCriticalSection cs; cs.Lock(); SYSTEMTIME SystemTime; GetSystemTime(&SystemTime); DWORD dwHour = SystemTime.wHour + 2 ; if(dwHour >= 13 ) {...

eseutil /p question E2k3
Hello all, First off thank you in advance for anyone who responds. I had my Comapaq DL 380 G2 W2k3 Exchange2k3 server go down last night which left the db's in a "dirty shutdown" state. I'm using KB 301438 to resolve this issue. I cannot perform a eseutil /r E00 as i get an error message referring to the jet db having a blank log. I then proceeded to do a eseutil /p on the db which is at 19% of the second pass for the pass 40 minutes. I cannot move any of the windows open, i cannot open any windows but i happened to have the task manager open and the graph for the CP...

No signature lines in replies
Hello, I have an ongoing problem: If I create new mail my signature line is embedded all right. But on the other hand, if I reply a message, the same signature line is not embedded to the mail! I have to do it manually. I set a signature text up in Tools>Options>Mail Format>Signatures for new messages as well as Signatures for replies and forwards i.e. both cases have a signature text. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. Cem what version of outlook and are you using word or the outlook editor? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in...

question marks hyperlinks
Often when i am copy a whole or part of a webpage and paste it into an email it looks fine and so i send it. At the other end, however, all they see is hyperlinks and question marks. Then I check my sent folder and I see the same. What is causing this and more importantly how do I get to keep the email in the format with all the images etc. ...

My jpeg logo stopped appearing in my signature & how to coordinate signature?

Signature #18
Is there a way to add a disclaimer to all users signature for outgoing email? See if the info here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/content_control.htm "Brian Wagerer" <bwagerer@garrettcollege.edu> wrote in message news:eQy8IVv5FHA.3432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to add a disclaimer to all users signature for outgoing > email? Brian Wagerer <bwagerer@garrettcollege.edu> wrote: > Is there a way to add a disclaimer to all users signature for outgoing > email? A disclaimer of that kind is best added by the outgoing server and not ...

Converting to PDF #2
I lose my hyperlinks to email addresses when I convert from Publisher 2002 to a .PDF in Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional. Do I need to upgrade to Publisher 2003 or can this be fixed? While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Banks <Banks@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I lose my hyperlinks to email addresses when I convert from Publisher > 2002 to a .PDF in Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional. Publisher sends printable information to the printer driver. As you cannot click a hyperlink on a printed piece of paper, Publisher doesn&#...

Rules Wizard question #2
In outlook 2000 or 2002, I want to add a rule that will forward a message containing a certain subject, but only if it is received within a certain time range on any given day. For example, I want to forward any message with subject "supplier data", if it is received between 5:30 p.m. and 9 a.m. on any day. Rules wizard allows me to apply a condition for a message "received in a specific date span", but not one for a message "received in a specific time span". Does anyone know if it is possible to do this? Thanks in advance. Joe <jmiller@nsbgroup.com&...

spreadsheets #2
i have windows xp and i got a spreadsheet attached to and email i saved it to 3 1/2 disc how do i open this file now Hi Sweetpea! Do NOT attempt to open the file with Excel directly from the floppy disc. Put the floppy disc in the disc drive Right Click the Start Button > Select Explore Look down the "tree" to the A:\ drive Select the xls file by clicking once Right click the file > Copy Now select My Documents folder or another folder of your choice Right click > Paste Remember where you copied it to Take the floppy disc out of the disc drive Open Excel File > Open N...

Remove footer lines from Signature portion of Receipt?
We're using a rather long footer (for our Return Policy), but it's also printing out on the Signature portion (that we keep) for Credit receipts, etc. thus wasting alot of paper...is there a way to keep the same footer lines from printer on both portions of the receipt? Thanx! -- Best regards, Rich Muller Rich, One possible way would be to create two different receipt formats on two different "printers" that actually point to the same printer. Good luck, Matt "hitman" <rmuller@bellabeadboutique.(nospam).com> wrote in message news:9D1CCA70-4579-4ED5-...

another question on Function pointer term does not evaluate to a function
Many thanks for the responce last time but I have another question the line below (DbTable[0].pFunc)(); produces error C2064: term does not evaluate to a function How do I fix this ? Thanks //Header file class X { typedef struct { void (X::*pFunc)(); }Z; void SerialNum(void); }; static X::Z DbTable[]= { { X::SerialNum }, {0} }; //cpp file void X::SerialNum(void) { } //Call by BOOL CMVPDlg::OnInitDialog() { (DbTable[0].pFunc)(); return TRUE; } Once, long ago, when I was first learning C++, I used a function pointer. I haven't needed one s...

signature
I would like to have a signature block and logo at the end of all outgoing e-mails. I can enter an signature and address, but I don't know how to include a logo from a jpg file. Can you help me? Mark I'm not an expert on graphic signatures, but here are four tutorials = that may help you: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/94853-windows-mail-signatures.html http://www.timeatlas.com/mos/Email/General/Create_Image_Signatures_in_Win= dows_Mail_or_Live_Mail/ http://email.about.com/cs/oetipstricks/qt/et112703.htm=20 http://email.about.com/cs/oetipstricks/qt/et121503.htm=20 ...

WAV in signature
I've been having fun adding animated gifs to my signature in outlook, but I haven't been able to figure out how to add a WAV file that will play automatically when an email is opened. Can this be added to the signature - does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance, Joe in Florida What version of Outlook? Do your friends *really* appreciate the overhead for animated gifs and wave files? Does anyone? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal...

A scatter plot with a 2 column data source
Hi, I am using the Series tab (i have done a scatter plot) - i have put in 1 series of X and Y data. then i extended the "x values" data to include two columns of data. the scale is now different and my graph is in 2D still, i am wondering what relationship is now being described by my scatter plot. Thanks Excel doesn't know how to interpret your two-column X values, so it uses the values it always does when this happens: 1, 2, 3, etc. Excel uses these counting numbers if the X values consist of text (even a single text value in the range), or if no X values are even s...

Question Regarding Outlook Express
Sorry, but I could not find the Outlook Express community. If anyone cares to link it - I will crosspost there. This seemed to be the reasonable place for this question. Here we go, I have multiple users on OE - moving them into my domain. If it were Outlook, I could just copy their old PST file to retain their emails. However, with OE, there is no PST file. How does OE hold all the emails? Is there a file or files I can copy into the domain profile that will keep all their emails, rather than manually dragging all the emails into folders and then manually importing them back? I ha...