Shutdown Problems with Outlook 2002

I have Outlook 2002 and Windows XP.  When I attempt to
shut down the computer with all programs already closed,
I get the message box that Outlook.exe is shutting down
and do I want to cancel or end now.  This happens a few
times before I can finally shut down.  The same thing
happens at work which also has Outlook 2002 and Windows
XP.  Any ideas?
0
libragal (1)

Pam:

Did you find any answer to this problem?  I am
experiencing the same issue?

Michael

Conditional Sum Problem
I have three columns of data something like this: A B C 1 Balance Report Product Type 2 3,000 Y Oranges 3 1,000 N Oranges 4 4,000 N Apples 5 500 Y Pears 6 2,500 N Pears 7 8,000 Y Oranges Range A2:A7 is named "Balance", B2:B7 is named "Report" and C2:C7 is named "Product_Type". I am trying the following: =SUMPRODUCT((Balance)*(Product_Type="Oranges")*(Report="...

Outlook 2003 #215
I was wondering how to get rid of the apostrophe around a name(email address) in my sent items folder. The apostrophe puts my emails out of order and makes it difficult for searching for a past email. ...

Xml Attribute..id problem??

Ports for Outlook on Exchange
We are about to move our Exchange server onto a different VLAN from the workstaions. The server VLAN will have ACL. Not sure what ports we need to allow on the ACL for the Outlook clients. Any ideas. Thanks in advance. YOu would do better to post this to an Exchange group - microsoft.public.exchange.admin would be a good place for this. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, dc asked: | We are about to move our Exc...

select * from #temp problem in HQ
Hello I have a client who Every time he tries to enter he has the following error: "name of the the object #temp not valid select # from #temp where [status] in (0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7)" According to him he didn't do anything unusual just locate the server outside the office.. any suggestions? Thks in advance for your time This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0192_01C94979.AAC35BD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Rod, Search for any QS*.tmp files on the hard driv...

Outlook Express #245
My time stamp on incoming messages is way outta wack. Has anyone encountered this issue or know how to fix this problem? Any feedback would be appreciated. Mark <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My time stamp on incoming messages is way outta wack. Has > anyone encountered this issue or know how to fix this > problem? Any feedback would be appreciated. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

IM problem
Hi, We are using IM with GP10. While the integration was running against the SOP window, my system got hang were i need to restart my machine. After restart, while i run my IM against the SOP window it states an error message to close the GP window which was open. But there were no window kept to be open. As far as i had concern, since IM was closed abruptly it had kept the same window open and not yet closed it. Can any one help me put to overcome this problem and to run the integration against the same window. Thanks! Make sure you have installed the latest service packs for GP a...

On Shutdown
How does windows or how can I signal my View when the user has clicked the X or selected Exit on the Mainframe menu? Thanks as always! Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- What do you mean? If you want to close the window then send it a WM_CLOSE message. If you want to exit the application all together, then use PostQuitMessage(); AliR. "Ron H." <rnh@mmm.com> wrote in message news:47a090e1$0$24853$8d2e0cab@news.newsgroup-binaries.com... > H...

problem with verdana font???
Hi, I have an excel file which I've used for a while. When I opened it up today I couldn't see any of the text on the worksheets. I tried to change the font colour and size etc, but it seems excel doesn't find the verdana font. I can see the text if i change the font to tahoma for example. Does anyone know why this might happen? If i type anything in verdana the whole row just blanks. Thanks, James ...

Extra Carriage Return Problem
Hi, I am using XML XSL to create a CSV file using Transformation. But during the transformation all the Newline characters (CHR 10) is getting translated to Carriage Return and New Line (CHR 13 and CHR 10) causing problems in the display. Is there are any way to resolve this issue? ...

dll registration problem
Hello, I have dll build on XP with unicode, and it doesn't want to register on Win98, but when I built that code on 98 it registered. Do somebody now simple solution to make it work when built on XP? any switch or something? thanks "zorman" <kc2ine@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eIcaxHblFHA.320@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I have dll build on XP with unicode, and it doesn't want > to register on Win98, but when I built that code on 98 > it registered. Do somebody now simple solution to > make it work when built on XP? any switch or something?...

Worksheet protection problem
I am using Excel 2000, wanting to protect certain cells, but allow user to filter using autofilter, etc. and how would I do this? Thanks, Jayne Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets("Sheet1").EnableAutoFilter = True Worksheets("Sheet1").Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True End Sub Right click on the Excel icon next to File in the menubar choose view code paste the code Alt-Q to go back to Excel This runs every time the workbook opens. It protects the worksheet and allows users to use the AutoFilter dropdown lists. -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002...

Favorites problem returned
I thought it was fixed, but I guess it wasn't. So I took Bob's advice and ran regedit and took out the word downloads and voila... it seems to be working right, for sure now. The new problem is Everything in my favorites list appears to be on the Favorites Bar as well. How do I get them all off there, leaving them just on the list and a select few on the bar? On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:37:34 -0400, "sandy" <scann1@sympatico.ca> wrote: >I thought it was fixed, but I guess it wasn't. So I took Bob's advice and >ran regedit and took out the wo...

Outlook 2003/2007 won't save password
I was using Outlook 2003, but started having a problem with my email password being saved. I went to the Microsoft website for help and tried all the resolutions of KB290684. Tried to create new profiles, run in safe mode, and delete registry key. No luck on any. I upgraded to Office 2007, in hopes that this would solve my problem, but I have the same issue. So now, I have Outlook 2007 and it will not save my password. I believe this may be a OS issue as having the same issue with an RDP connection. Looking for any help. Are you running an AntiVirus application setup to scan yo...

Read Only Problems
WinXP Home on PC and Laptop Excel 2002 on PC and Excel 2003 on Laptop Home PC used to store documents. When using laptop to retrieve Excel files over home network, all files, when opened, are marked READ ONLY. When those same files are pulled up on PC, they ARE NOT read only. Suggestions? "tginapp@houston.rr.com" wrote: > WinXP Home on PC and Laptop > Excel 2002 on PC and Excel 2003 on Laptop > Home PC used to store documents. > When using laptop to retrieve Excel files over home network, > all files, when opened, are marked READ ONLY. > When those same files...

Reset an Outlook 2003 Profile
Hi ! My platform is as follows: Windows 2003 Server SP1 Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Outlook 2003 clients I have a few issues dealings with Contacts in the Outlook client of one user. He had a Contacts folder with sub-folders. We deleted this contacts, and sub-folders as well, to move them to somewhere else (in a Public folder, in order to share them with other users). The issue is that when this user creates a new message, by doing New Message, and then clicking on the TO: field, the Contacts sub-folders are still visible - but empty of course, and popping a warning whenever you try to selec...

Problem with Sumproduct when some cells are null
I am having a problem using Sumproduct when some of the cells have null values. I will try to describe the problem. Please let me know if you need additional information. Do any of you have any ideas of how I can fix that sumproduct to get it to work? A B C Trend Claims Emergency $0 Emergency $0 Emergency $0 Emergency 81.68% $24,444 Emergency 35.00% $164,758 Emergency 35.00% $215,237 Emergency 22.73% $105,059 Emergency 8.46% $53,760 Goal is to calculate an aggregate trend for the Emergency Category excluding those rows that a...

outlook express #230
I'm also receiving within the error message that the message cannot be sent because of too many recipiants. How can I delete the message so my system will no longer try to send the message? I would simply go into my outgoing mail box but it's empty. ...

Shutdown-difference between Shutdown and Reboot
Hello, does anybody knows what is the difference between the real shutdown and the shutdown which is part of a reboot? I have a problem with an XP SP3 Computer, when i try to shutdown, it doesn't, but when i reboot, it makes the complete shutdown and reboots. The problem is caused by an external HDD, without it, the shutdown of the machine is ok. Now i would like to take the shutdown-command of the reboot, if that is possible. Thank you, Regards, franc francwalter wrote: > Hello, > > does anybody knows what is the difference between the real shutdown > and...

OWA 2003 problem #2
We have been using Exchange 2003 with OWA for about a year now without any errors. Friday when users tried to connect they are able to log in fine, but instead of seeing the typical OWA interface all they get is some frames, with a bunch of Red x box graphics, and test for inbox, calendar, etc. When clicking on the text nothing happens. The only change that was made to the system were to recent updates from microsoft for January.... Any ideas? Thanks Eric ...

Problems after applying windows update KB 960715
Hi, My company is using MGP ver 7.00. Recently we applied windows update KB 960715. After which we have some problems with some of our VBA applications which are called within MGP. One of the problems was that the date field has been disappeared from the entry screen. When I try to edit the form in TOOLS-CUSTOMIZE-VISUAL BASIC EDITOR, I realized that I was unable to format the text box as 'dd-mm-yyyy' format. It seems that the activeX is not working. What should I do now? Thanks for your help. Regards, The solution you require is described in the following article: http://blo...

Timer Problem on Close
Hi, I am currently working on a MDI application and have this problem: I have start a timer with SetTimer( 1, 100, 0 ) in CMainFrame. Then when I close the window, a runtime error occurs, forcing the whole application to exit. I tried to add KillTimer in ChildFrm OnClose, WM_DESTROY and destructor, but the problem still persist. Can someone please help? Thanks! lynnzyeo@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi, > > I am currently working on a MDI application and have this problem: I > have start a timer with SetTimer( 1, 100, 0 ) in CMainFrame. Then when > I close the window, a runtime error o...

Outlook 2002 hangs on shutdown
Outlook 2000 hangs at the "Please wait while Microsoft Outlook exits". I read Microsofts Knowlege Base Article - 834005 that list a Hot fix for the problem but their is no link to the file to down load. Can anyone help me find the file. Thanks You need to contact Microsoft Product Support Staff for Hot Fixes - they are not downloadable. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.g...

Outlook 2003 emails sent in future. How do I resend them with corr
My outlook 2003 sent many emails with a future date - 1 month in future. I reset the server clock. Now, I need to know if I have to resend the emails with corrected date (and annoy the receivers) or can I somehow change the send date? This is for record keeping on my end. Cover My arse. It shows that although the send date is 1 month in future, they received the email with the incorrect date. ...

Problem copying data to a test environement
Hi, I'm trying to create a new test environment from our Production environment. I've used the User export wizard and the redeployment tools But every user in the database still references the old domain user (in the DOMAINName of the systemUserBase table) Is this normal? I tought that by creating a child domain of my domain, the wizard would use my sub-domain wizard. Now some part look to be working but as soon as I try to open a record (account, contact, use, etc) or create a new one, I get the "An error has occured, consult your domain admin..." message... In the ev...