show total number of items in Inbox and Sent Items

My Outlook 2002 used to show (somewhere on the bottom of
the screen) the total number of items in the folder that
was highlighted, if the folder was "Inbox" or "Sent
Items".  This was helpful because I try to keep the number
of items pretty low.  Somehow (updates, patches, our IT
person???) this function has disappeared.  Any ideas on
getting it back?  Thanks
0
anonymous (74717)

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

Need ability to print all tracking numbers on invoices
We need the ability to print *all* tracking numbers on invoices. We can have literally hundreds of tracking numbers associated with one invoice and under the present setup (using rw_CreateSOPTrackingNumberString) we can only show 4 1/2 numbers. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sug...

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Adding a new part number.
If we choose "edit item" and to make a new part number everything is fine. When we choose "New Item" from the Items menu, then choose "standard Item" I get a run time 94 error "invalid use of null" Any thoughts? SJ This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_014A_01C4B158.92936C70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Run-time Error 94 "Invalid Use of NULL" When Editing Items in QuickSell = 2000 (869936) Confidential Article (The information in ...

number formatting #4
Hi. I was woundering how I can add trailing zero's to numbers. I have a colunm with number lemgths between 1 and 7 digets and need them all to be 10 diget's long. I have no trouble with adding the zero's as headers but needt hem as trailers. Thanks. Hi zuraan, You could put the following formula in a column beside the numbers and then Copy, Paste special, Values over the original numbers. =A1*10^(7-LEN(A1)) The formula assumes that the number is in cell A1 -- Regards, OssieMac "zuraan" wrote: > Hi. I was woundering how I can add trailing zero's to number...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

ListView_SubItemHitTest redraws items
I have created my own CListCtrl derived control. In this I need to override OnToolHitTest(). In this a call ListView_SubItemHitTest() to detect over which item the mouse pointer is. But when I do that the item is redrawn, which make my list flickering. This only happens when I have a manifest file and when the application is dialog based and the application run on WinXP. The following code illustrates the problem: CFlickerList is derived from CListCtrl: void CFlickerList::OnCustomDraw(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) { NMLVCUSTOMDRAW* pLVCD = reinterpret_cast<NMLVCUSTOMDRAW*>( pNM...

Excel 2007 counting numbers
In Excel 2007 I have a question... I have a cell in a column B1: MJTB1001 I need to paste to approximately 235 new rows in the column B1 as follows MJTB2002 MJTB3003 MJTB4004... etc. What formula should I use to accomplish this task? Also I have the cell MJTB2044 and I need to make 235 new cells in column to fit like this... MJTB2044 MJTB3044 MJTB4044 MJTB5044 ... etc... 235 times.... Any thoughts? Thank you. In B2 put ="MJTB"&1001+(ROWS($B$1:B1)*1001) copy down 235 rows, select the range and copy and paste special as values in plac...

Is it mandatory to create a recovery farm for Item Level Recovery
We want to test Item Lever Recovery in Share Point.We have successfully did the backup but when we tried to restore test word file we are not able to select the original server as it is not in list. Is it mandatory to setup other server for RECOVERY FARM . After recovering individual item do we need to manyally copy file to original sharepoint server. -Tejas For SharePoint 2010 with DPM 2010, recovery is possible without recovery farm creation as well. But for older versions of SharePoint and/or with DPM 2007 recovery farm creation is required. Thanks, Praveen...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

Substracting numbers in non contigous cells
Hi! I need a formula to substract numbers in non contigous cells THAT ARE IN ONE COLUMN and have the result in other cell, for example: ..=2E.....................A...................B R1..................................BLANKCELL R2..................................BLANKCELL R3..................................15 R4..................................BLANKCELL R5..................................BLANKCELL R6..................60.............75 R8..................................BLANKCELL R9..................................BLANKCELL R10................................BLANKCELL R11...............

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Comments not showing
When a SharePoint workflow is edited and a comment is added. The comment does not display in the workflow status screen under workflow history. It shows as follows: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Instead of: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Please update to the new company logo. This happens for all standard SharePoint workflows (Approval, Collect Feedback). Any custom workflows does show the comment. The comment field is update in the task item. It just does not show. There is no error in t...

OL: Sent messages remain in my outbox #2
Hey, I m using outlook 2003, I m not sure if the send immediate=20 box is checked or not.. but i think i have already clicked=20 every send button, and all emails are still remained in=20 outbox.. I used to be able to send, dont know why i cant now.? pls help >-----Original Message----- >What version of Outlook and do you have send immediately=20 checked? > >--=81 >Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] > >Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20 intact. > > >After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: >ChrisW <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Using Mid Function with Pivot Table Calculated Item
Hi, I'm using excel 2007, I have a pivot table and I'm trying to create a calculated item, the formula for the Calculated item is: IF(MID('Project Title',7,1)="S", .20, .10) The Project Title field contains text and if the 7th character of the project title field is "S" I want the calculated item to return .20 otherwise ..10, but for some reason it is always returning .10. Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks. Simon ...

Show more time in weekly view?
Outlook 2007 On default the weekly view is only showing until 4 PM without scrolling down. I know there is a way to let you see into the evening hours also without scrolling. Help please. Thanks... Bob ...

in Outlook2007 inbox and calander opens simultaneously
Dear Friends, When i open Outlook 2007 Client first it opens inbox and also seperate window for calander simultaneously. One more issue is that subject line comes in message box nits <nits@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When i open Outlook 2007 Client first it opens inbox and also seperate > window for calander simultaneously. Close the Calendar window first and then when you close the Inbox window, use File>Exit. Outlook should remember you had only one window open when you close and reopen only that window. > One more issue is that subject line comes in mes...

TransparentBlt doesn't show the bitmap in ME?
The following doesn't print the bitmap on ME while it works on 2k/xp, can someone help me? Though the status returns TRUE. Thanks. Jiac. CDC *hdc, bghdc; CBitmap bgBitmap; BITMAP bmpInfo; //loads bitmap into memory bgBitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP5); // this bitmap has no needles // get bitmap info bgBitmap.GetBitmap(&bmpInfo); hdc = m_obj->GetDC(); bghdc.CreateCompatibleDC(hdc); bghdc.SelectObject(&bgBitmap); BOOL status = hdc->TransparentBlt(0, 0, 80, 80, &bghdc, 0, 0, 80, 80, TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR); //TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR if (st...

Footnote number formatting changes spontaneously
Word 2003 Using the dialog at Insert menu > Reference > Footnote, I inserted the first footnote in my document with the asterisk/cross/etc. "number" formatting and set the numbering to Restart Each Page. Thereafter, I used Ctrl-Alt-F to insert subsequent footnotes, and the same formatting appeared, no problem. When I close and reopen the document, however, the footnote references become numerals and are Continuous throughout the document. How can I make the formatting I want stick? Thanks. This is very strange. You should treat the document as corrupt; see ...