Shortcut for composing message?

Is there a quick way for me to open the "new message" window using Outlook
2003? I often want to quickly write an e-mail and it's a bit of a pain to
have to open Outlook (from the system tray - a nice feature of OL2K3) and
the click on "new". Is there some kind of keyboard shortcut? Or some add-on
that makes this possible? Cheers.

Bobby

0
bobby1 (38)

"Bobby" <bobby@europe.com> wrote in message
> Is there a quick way for me to open the "new message" window using Outlook
> 2003? I often want to quickly write an e-mail and it's a bit of a pain to
> have to open Outlook (from the system tray - a nice feature of OL2K3) and
> the click on "new". Is there some kind of keyboard shortcut? Or some
add-on
> that makes this possible? Cheers.
>
> Bobby

In outlook 2002 it's Ctl-N

You might try that.....

0
me9 (928)
12/1/2003 5:01:55 PM
Thanks - but I'm looking for a quick way to open a compose window when OL is
minimised and I'm in another (or no) application.

"rifleman" <me9@privacy.net> wrote in message
> "Bobby" <bobby@europe.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a quick way for me to open the "new message" window using
Outlook
> > 2003? I often want to quickly write an e-mail and it's a bit of a pain
> > have to open Outlook (from the system tray - a nice feature of OL2K3)
and
> > the click on "new". Is there some kind of keyboard shortcut? Or some
> add-on
> > that makes this possible? Cheers.
> >
> > Bobby
> >

> In outlook 2002 it's Ctl-N
>
> You might try that.....

0
bobby1 (38)
12/1/2003 5:32:41 PM
> Thanks - but I'm looking for a quick way to open a compose window when OL
is
> minimised and I'm in another (or no) application.
>
> "rifleman" <me9@privacy.net> wrote in message
> > "Bobby" <bobby@europe.com> wrote in message
> > > Is there a quick way for me to open the "new message" window using
> Outlook
> > > 2003? I often want to quickly write an e-mail and it's a bit of a pain
> > > have to open Outlook (from the system tray - a nice feature of OL2K3)
> and
> > > the click on "new". Is there some kind of keyboard shortcut? Or some
> > add-on
> > > that makes this possible? Cheers.
> > >
> > > Bobby
> > >

> > In outlook 2002 it's Ctl-N
> >
> > You might try that.....

Well Ctl-N opens the compose Window in Outlook 2002 when that is minimised
on the taskbar. (Outlook XP doesn't minimise on the systray)

0
me9 (928)

Problem with my outgoing messages
I use Windows XP. Recently upgraded software and using Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003. When I try to send an e-mail, keep getting message from System Administrator saying "Undeliverable - 553, sorry that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1). PLEASE HELP - any advice would be appreciated. Previously used Outlook 2000 and had no problems. Do you have to authenticate to the smtp server in order to send mail? "Siobhan Gibbons" <Siobhan Gibbons@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2695425F-08FD-4B75-9154-55247C004296@microsoft....

Threaded message view?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00DB_01C3970B.56F977D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable First off, sorry if this is in a FAQ somewhere. I'm using Outlook 2003 and for the life of me can't find a way to get a = threaded message view similar to how Outlook Express shows messages in = newsgroups. I've experimented with group by/sort by filters, and the = best I can come up with is a view that has messages in threads, but = sorted the wrong way. Is there a way I can get message th...

new message notice in sub folders
I have subfolders in my email inbox. When the folders are collapsed and a new message arrives how can I have the main folder highlighted to indicate a new message has arrived in one of the subfolders. Configure the rule that moves the message to display a message in the New Alert window. -- Russ Valentine "mowxman1" <mowxman1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84B10A74-120D-471B-A622-E6E871008DB9@microsoft.com... >I have subfolders in my email inbox. When the folders are collapsed and a > new message arrives how can I have the main folder h...

Loops of NDR + OutOfOffice messages
Hi, Have Exchange 2003 SP1 server, generating NDR's or OutofOffice Replies to Spam/Virus Messages. Thinking of setting the Filter Recipients who are not in the Directory option, together with tarpitting setting. Will this configuration still generate NDR's, or will emails for unknown recipients just "dissapear"? And any other suggestions for bringing back amount of automatic replies to these Spam/Virus messages are very welcome... thnx zeph Is disablling OOOFs an option? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Zeph" <Zeph@discussi...

Margins in plain text messages Outlook 2000
Is it possible to include small margins when composing or reading e-mails in plain text? This happens by default in OE and improves readability. Many thanks. ...

keyboard shortcut for deleting
We have multiple inboxes in our outlook and I want to delete items in other inboxes and not have those items show up in my delete folder. I tried ctrl w/delete doesn't work and also w/shft and alt. Is there a quick way to delete items in folders and they don't go to the delete folder? -- Gene Steinolfson Member Services Manager Inland Power & Light Co Holding down the Shift key while deleting will bypass the Deleted items folder, items will be gone. Gene wrote: > We have multiple inboxes in our outlook and I want to delete items in other > inboxes and...

Desktop shortcut arrow
Something is causing the arrow on some of the shortcuts to change to ">>", with a blue background. XP Pro & OF2K2 with all updates. This is a recent install with only software for scanner, Adobe reader 9, and anti virus. I've had far more software prior to the clean install, which this time is NTFS. The AR9 and antivirus are newer than previous install. I've tried setting the icon cache, deleted iconcache.db for user, without success. I'd appreciate some help. Thanks. Norman Try TweakUI: Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP http://www.micro...

Email Errors> no download of messages>error messages.
Email Errors> no download of messages>error messages. My email has been working just fine until today. I can't think of anything I've done to create a problem. I'm using WindowsXP-pro-sp2; Outlook 2003, and Norton AntiVirus 2005. The same problem just started in Outlook Express as well. Was on the phone with Charter for over two hours removing email accounts and then adding them from scratch. I've been trying for hours and hours fix this to no avail--the error message keeps coming up and I'm expecting some very important email. The error messages will ...

Error message after Opportunity customization
Hi there, After customizing the Opportunity Record, (form view and attributes) and publishing the changes, I am unable to open the opportunity record (either new or existing). I get the following error: An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. No idea what has caused this error or how to fix it :-( I have rebooted the server and still no change. Can anyone help? Happy New Year :-) Sinead. -- Sinead O''''Shaughnessy Did you backup your entity XML beforehand by exporting out the customizations.xml file? If so, you can simply rei...

#deleted message on record
I have a form that is used for prospective clients that contains minimal client information and a button that will "activate" the client if desired. When the user clicks on the activate client button, it takes the information on the current record and inserts it in to the client table, and then deletes the current record in the prospective client table. When the record is deleted, I want to refresh the form so that the #deleted message is removed and the record counter is recalculated, however me.refresh gives me an error that the record has been deleted. How can I just mov...

Keep getting this error message

Outlook 2007 message icon will not change from closed (unread) to
I have an Outlook user where the icon in the inbox message section gets an incoming new email, the text is bold, and the icon envelope is closed. She is using the reading pane, and clicks in the message in the reading pane, then clicks away to the next message, the envelope icon does not change from closed (unread) to open (read).. the text does not go from bold to unbold. It is really weird .. and started after last month's updates... any suggestions on what could be causing this? thanks. go to tools, options, other tab, read pane. Is she using the option to mark rea...

outlook 2003
.....this is probably an easy one, but i need to be able to copy someone on EVERY email I send. Therefore, I would like to be able to alter my default mail message such that there is an address automatically in the cc: field on EVERY message. Is this as easy as I hope it is? Thanks in advance! jlally@ctmbd.com Jim Lally <jlally@ctmbd.com> wrote: > ....this is probably an easy one, but i need to be able to copy > someone on EVERY email I send. > > Therefore, I would like to be able to alter my default mail message > such that there is an address automatically in ...

What is the keyboard shortcut to close a comment box in Excel 200
I found out to insert a comment I press Alt-I-M (the "m" is underlined in the menu word comment). The "o" is underlined in "show/hide comments" but this keystroke combo doesn't close the comment. Any ideas? Press the Esc key twice, to exit the comment. DAVE wrote: > I found out to insert a comment I press Alt-I-M (the "m" is underlined in the > menu word comment). > > The "o" is underlined in "show/hide comments" but this keystroke combo > doesn't close the comment. > > Any ideas? -- Debra Dal...

Catching messages of dynamically created CStatic members
Hi fellows. I have a CWnd-derived class that has two CStatic members, that are created dynamically. My question is simple: What must I do in order to receive messages of such members? This CWnd-derived class is for creating a custom control. This control needs vertical scrollbar, so I'm using two bitmaps, one as de up arrow and the other as the down arrow. I already placed them, now I need to receive the notification (the click notification). // in the header CStatic m_lblArrowUp; CStatic m_lblArrowDown; // in the Create method m_lblArrowUp.Create(_T(""), WS_CHILD | WS_VIS...

How does Outlook determine if a POP3 message is downloaded or not?
Hi, I use Outlook2007 with POP3 and I use the option "Leave a copy of message on the server." Why outlook? Calendaring support. No other tool comes close (or I am not aware) Why POP3? mail server is not exchange Why "Leave a copy of message on Server"? 1. Server's backed up, 2. Can read mails while on the move However, there's one problem. When I move machines and open the PST on the new machine, outlook fetches the entire inbox creating a duplicate of the message within the PST. My problem is not this behaviour because I understand that Outlook does not have the ...

Receiving 2 of every message
I recently paid for a hotmail account so I could have larger storage and not get cancelled for any reasons such as not checking it often enough. I followed the instructions and put my service on Outlook Express. Now I'm receiving 2 of every message. What's up? Can I fix this? Thanks Darla ...

AOl instant message
Hello - I need to send multiple messages to many AOL instant message clients. Basically, let a user select list of recipients and then send a message to all. Anyone know of a program or API to do this? Thanks, bruce SendMessage(AOHELL_MESSAGE, char* message, char* parrTo) ? No, seriously... As I do not see any other newsgroups in this thread, you will probably be best checking the AOHell IM documentation if they do it. Im guessing there may be some I interfaces available for it in the actual folder, try playing about with them. - MR "rr" <bruceradtke@REMOVEspamREMOVE....

Create Shortcuts
Hi: Is it possible to pull the Task or email option from the Actions menu and create a shortcut? Thanks ...

Excel error message #2
When I open specific file an error message is displayed, "FIle.xls is always open. reopening will cause...." I sure you seen this message. How do I correct it? thanks Brent Maybe the answer at Debra Dalgleish's site will help: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen salbrent wrote: > > When I open specific file an error message is displayed, "FIle.xls is > always open. reopening will cause...." I sure you seen this message. > How do I correct it? > > thanks > Brent -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Public Information Store messages in MTA queue
The first server is in the process of being removed. After moving all mailboxes, public folders, the OAB, etc. and shutting down the Exchange Services on the first server the other servers are still sending Public Information Store messages to the first server. Does any one have any information on how to stop the server from sending the messages before I remove the first server in the site. TIA Vee did you delete all replicas of PFs on the first server? "V" <vmorgan@fhnsj.org> wrote in message news:uoIxKckyDHA.3116@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > The first server is in the p...

Tracking on messages
How can you tell if a message sent to you by another Outlook user has a tracking on the message? And if there is, can you disable the tracking on your end? i.e. A message sent to person A from person B has a tracking option to send a "read receipt" back to person B. Can person A identify this before reading the message and can person A disable this so person B doesn't receive a message. Thanks! Cede ...

Transmitting large encrypted messages
I use digital signatures and encryption to transfer sensitive data to and from customers, and have found that Outlook 2002 SP2 (on a P IV computer running WIN XP Pro SP1, standalone, but with broadband internet access) times out when trying to send an email with an attachment as small as 1 meg. The error message is that the ISP SMTP server has timed out. The ISP technicians tell me, not so, it's Outlook's problem. In troubleshooting, I've changed Outlook's automatic send/receive timing to look every 5 minutes from every 1 minute. No change. Outlook still tries to send the m...

Outlook auto checking for messages, HELP!!!!!!
I just reinstalled Office 2000 SR-1 with Outlook (9.0.0.4527) I keep Outlook minimized, and untill the reinstall, if I got an email, it would chime and I would get the small icon on my taskbar. Now, I only get notification if I maximize Outlook nad switch from one folder to another. This prompts the Send/Receive and I get messages comming in from up to an hour ago depending on when I last checked. I am running a LAN and I have tried to check for an features in options but cannot find anything that pertains to this setting. I know this used to work!!! Any help would be greatly appreci...

Away Messages #2
How do you set up your email to send an automatic away or "out of office" message when email is received? I will be away for a week and want to communicate that to potential customers. Hi Sarah, please read this one http://www.cyberwalker.net/columns/feb01/080201b.html Nice link http://smartautoresponder.com/man/Create_an_Autoresponder/createpaid.htm -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "sarah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...