Sharing PST files

My partner and I each have different profiles (Windows XP) on our home computer, but have a shared email account.  When I first set up the email account in Outlook 2002, I was logged into the computer as myself and just clicked on all of the default settings to establish the email account.  However, I've discovered that she can't access the email account when logged into the computer as herself

Is there some way to save all of the Outlook files associated with the email account to a shared folder and to instruct Outlook to look for that account information in the new location?

0
hathwill (1)

"taikod" <hathwill@mts.net> wrote in message
> My partner and I each have different profiles (Windows XP) on our home
computer, but have a shared email account.  When I first set up the email
account in Outlook 2002, I was logged into the computer as myself and just
clicked on all of the default settings to establish the email account.
However, I've discovered that she can't access the email account when logged
into the computer as herself.

> Is there some way to save all of the Outlook files associated with the
email account to a shared folder and to instruct Outlook to look for that
account information in the new location?

Yep! Just move your pst file to (say) the Shared Documents Folder and remove
her pst. Then when either instance of Outlook is first opened, it will
complain it can't find the pst. Jut point it to the file in Shared
Documents.

You just need to be aware that you can only have one instance of Outlook
accessing the file at any one time.

HTH

0
me9 (928)

Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003
I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the actual company. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. >But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? >The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the >actual company. Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't include the &...

Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?
We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she opens their shared calendars and edits them... Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and want their own individual contact lists).... Any ideas appreciated... Thanks! Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other user's Folder" and choose Contacts. "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontg...

Shared Workbook Query
Hi, I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an that you cannot for example merge cells. However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share workbook it removes the merged formatting. At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo so that the formatting is maintained. Is there any other way around this problem so that peo...

Linked files XP vs. Win98
We're running Excel 2000 across a Novell network and are seeing some strange behavior occuring with linked files. We can open a linked file held on the network in Win98 and the links (to another file on the network) update in <1 sec. But, if we open the exact same file in XP, it will take almost a full minute to update. With some of our files that have much more extensive links the difference just gets worse. If both the source file and the linked file are loaded locally the update times are very comparable (<1 sec.). Does anyone have an idea why this would be happening? Our s...

Copy without reference to original file
Hi all, I have a set of about 250spreadsheet files each contaning 4 individual sheets. I now need to add an additional sheet to each file which will contain cell references to cells on other sheets of that file. I intended to add the sheet and create the cell references in one of the files and simply copy that to the the added sheet in each of the other files, but when doing so I found that the reference to the file copied from was included in the cell reference in file I pasted to. Example - Copying from a file named first file and pasting to a file named second file results in a cell ...

Outlook 2003
I'm setting up a machine for a friend he has Outlook.PST and Archive.PST on the disk. (total of 1.5 GB. I know about size. I'll teach him after we move in.) Do I export the files or do I copy the PST files directly and point to them? FWIW, it's all XP/Home and Outlook 2003. I've done a bunch of googling and reading of Usenet archives and I'm amazed how un-cookie-cutter moving email data to a new machine is. Circa Outlook 2000, I managed a thousand laptops and we copied PST files with ease and never a problem. I get different dignals, now. -- a d y k e s @ p a n i ...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

load range of cells from one file into a different file
I want to load a range of cells from a spreadsheet in one file into a spreadsheet in a completely different file. I know how to do this with a cell by cell reference to the cells in the different file but I'm wondering if I can simplify this by using a named range.I'm not experienced with using named ranges and so far all my attempts have failed. Also, I would be interested to know if cell formats can be transferred in addition to the cell contents? Thanks for some tips. John Keith kd0gd@juno.com Select the range, copy it, go to the new workbook, select the first cell, do edit>...

Cannot share calendar
Hi I'm trying to setup a user so that she can view someone else's calendar. I have been able to give her access to other peoples calendars, however i can't give her access to one particular user. even though other people can access that particular users calendar. I have given her all the relevent permissions needed to do so in exchange 2000 and at the target machine, but still an error msg of "you do not have sufficiant permisions to view this item" is given. Don't know what else to do....HELP Thank you Don't grant permissions in the Exchange server its...

backing up emails-files locked down
our company auto wipes all emails after 90 days and I want to save emails that I've filed to my personal folders, however, I can't find any .pst files anywhere to copy/backup. Does anyone know of an "easy" way to save emails in a locked down environment? I tried to copy the outlook data folder without success. "NataliePH" <NataliePH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A11CE90-0BAD-4118-BC7E-F4A83A611B05@microsoft.com... > our company auto wipes all emails after 90 days and I want to save emails > that I've filed to my pe...

Resource sharing error
MS Project 2007 question / assistance needed - I created a separate project file for shared resources, filled in names of resources (techs), hourly rates, etc., etc, then saved the file as (named) "resources". When I try to share those resources in my current project, (tools>resource sharing>Share resources) and select the "resources from" the resources file, each resource then shows up in BOTH project’s resource files. Now all resources are showing up in both projects? Delete unwanted rows from one project, and they're deleted in BOTH projects. What...

calender sharing
I recently upgraded to XP op sys and alongwith it to MS Office 2003. In MS Office 2000, I used to share my private Outlook folders (Calendar, Contacts etc.) with my assistant . With this upgrade to MS Office, I lost the sharing ability. If I right click on any of these components (Calendar, Contacts etc.) the "Sharing" feature is shaded (disabled). How do I share these private folders? If you are talking about NetFolders then this feature was dropped after Outlook 2000 check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm for some options "KAH" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Connecting to a shared SSRS data source from BIDS
I'm just starting out using BIDS and creating reports in general. I've been using Report Builder and have no trouble accessing a shared SSRS data source by specifying the Report Server (http://<Server>/ReportServer) in the Options...Settings, from there I can view and use any predefined data source in a report. How do I specify in BIDS that I wish to use a preconfigured shared data source from SSRS, I can't see any obvious option. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks David David, Hopefully when you connect your report to a shared datasource in design t...

Importing QIF files
I download and save the QIF file from my bank. I then import the file into Money 2004. When I review the enteries in my credit card relative to the QIF file I find the following: QIF: P7-ELEVEN 123456 Anytown VA M04: Eleven Anytown VA (Lost the "7-" and the store number) QIF: PJoe's 145345 Anytown VA M04: Joe S Anytown (lost the apostrophe, capitalized the "S", lost the state) QIF: PMR. CLEAN CAR WASH ANYTOWN VA M04: Mr Clean Car Wash Anytown (Lost the period, lost the state, lost the capitalization) I checked and in both cases there are no payee name va...

Deleted File Drop down Menu from Menu Bar

recover Lost Money File: Big Trouble!!
Hi, for some stupid reason i my money file. i tried to use file recovery tools to find it but ... i update money data to MSN Money so that i can view them from my msn (hotmail) account. is it possible to recover all my data from there? how? Please Help!! regards, rnv In microsoft.public.money, rnv wrote: >for some stupid reason i my money file. i tried to use file recovery tools >to find it but ... > >i update money data to MSN Money so that i can view them from my msn >(hotmail) account. is it possible to recover all my data from there? how? > I don't know how w...

Cannot read file
We have some excel files with macros, pivot tables and more store on our 2000 server. Now Every now and then one file becomes unreadable. I try to open it and it goes through the steps of asking about macros and entering the password but after that is says that it cannot read the file. Now all of these files are based off the same template. I cannot find a common thread as to why this has only happened to a few of the files. Any help would be appreciated. [I have admin rights to the file] Sometimes bad things happen to excel files. And sometimes good people do bad things to excel fil...

How to create a help file
Could someone please tell me the best way to create a help file that can be used in a VBA procedure within a msgbox or inputBox? I don't know how to begin this process at all so full instructions would be great. Thank you, Rob If you're not interested in becoming an HTML/CHM author, you may want to look at John Walkenbach's technique. http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip51.htm (Remember that the only person who actually reads the help is the author <vbg>.) rob nobel wrote: > > Could someone please tell me the best way to create a help file that can be > used in...

Outlook PST file #3
I had an issue with a .sys file and had to rework the file table, but now when I try to access the PST file to copy it or back it up it is giving me an error (cyclical error) all I am trying to do is figure out the best way to recover the PST file. I need the contacts and e-mails from the last week that had not yet been backed up. Does anyone know how to restore or recover a PST file. Thanks. HT Ran the repair tool, scanpst.exe, on it? "HT" <heatht@perlmanarchitects-az.com> wrote in message news:uX5t2FQdFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I had an issue with a ...

Converting dBase III Plus *.prg file to Access query
Where can I find tips for converting an old dBase III Plus *.prg file into a query. I'm looking for info on translating dBase statements into Access query statements. I'll then paste translated staements into SQL view and be done. Thanks in advance for any help. Wayne Hi Wayne, You'd be better off rewriting prg programs in Access (i.e. escpecially those developed in dBaseIIIPlus). The whole programming philosophy is very different in dBaseIIIPlus: - dBaseIIIPlus is more record-by-record processing as opposed to a set oriented processing in Access. - the user interface is...

Sharing the Entourage calendar
Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there a way to automate it so that it saves and uploads to my website? On 7/6/04 11:03 pm, in article fc11fd4e.0406071403.192a07bf@posting.google.com, "Michel" <michel@neray.com> wrote: > Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my > assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web > function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there...

creating WMF files in Excel
I have a picture in my worksheet and want to save it as WMF file. Is it possible to do it ? Any chance you could copy and paste into your favorite graphics editor and then save from there? GeorgeM wrote: > > I have a picture in my worksheet and want to save it as WMF file. > Is it possible to do it ? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Modify The Code For Importing Text File into an Excel File
i am stucked with a another problem hope anyone can help me out. The code Below imports data from the text files into excel file . i need to modify this tool in such a way that after row count in excel sheet exceeds 5000 it has to import it in a new sheet . Dim mobjFSO As FileSystemObject Sub RunSafeway_DB_QC() Dim strFolder As String With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker) .Title = "Select Folder contains the Safeway DB QC Files" strFolder = .Show If strFolder <> "0" Then Call GetSnapSho...

RemoteApp is the solution to share .pst files
RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst files over in local network or the internet! At last, no need for Exchange. ss. Alas, still not supported for .psts on a network share. Use at your own = risk. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message = news:%23sexHtIuIHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst fi...

shared workbook
I have a shared workbook. Once in a while, I cannot uncheck the allow changes by more than one user at the same time. This option in the shared workbook under the tools menu is grayed out. Other times this option is available. Can someone please tell me why this option becomes unavailable. ...