Sharing outlook express files

If this question is to the wrong ng apologies and please point me in the
right direction!

I have two computers, both running XP home, linked through a recently
acquired Dell wireless router. I want to be able to use either machine for
email, using the same email files.

The older machine has my email .dbx files. I have shared the folder
concerned and made it writable.

On the newer machine (laptop) I use Outlook express
tools->options->maintenance->store folder and point it at the folder on the
other machine. Tells me it will happen next time I restart Express...but
nothing happens, on restart the folder hasn't changed.

1. Any idea why it doesn't work?

2. If I upgrade to Outlook (rather than Express) is it likely to make any
difference?

Thanx

Chris

0
adom (1)

Clara <adom@DELETEtesco.net> wrote:

> If this question is to the wrong ng apologies and please point me in
> the right direction!

You want an Outlook Express newsgroup:
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Quirky recent file list #2
Debra--- I do tend to open from Windows Explore more then File>Open. But I am saving the file. It's more that it is annoying when I close a file by accident and don't quite remember where it got saved on the server. Stacie -- SPenney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267592 Well, I guess you weren't the only one who wanted this behaviour changed. <g> If/when you upgr...

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

outlook 2007 runs slow

Linking a graph to a csv file
**Excel 2002 Hello, I'm sure this is exceedingly easy, but somehow, I'm screwing this up. I ultimately need to have a self- updating PowerPoint file (client mandates a ppt file). According to ppt's help, that means I have to use linked Excel graphs, not embedded ppt graphs. However, my programmer will be supplying me with tons of csv files. When I try to create an excel file with a data link to a csv file, it tells me that it can't update it unless I open the source file. I *can't* take the time to open each csv - there will be hundreds. What am I missing wi...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Import Palm files
Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, calendar, etc Depends what you can export to from Palm Desktop. Personally, I've found this messy. Why not just get sync software that can sync your Palm with Outlook directly? Chapura Pocketmirror or Pumatech Intellisync are two ideas....or your Palm CD may have come with this option. F. Carvalho wrote: > Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files > (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, > calendar, etc ...

Outlook 2003

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

outlook 2000 help file

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

List Shows Private Files
DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS? Whenever I save an attachment, and go to the drop down menu for file name, I am shown a list of dozens of files recently accessed on the computer (not just files accessed by Outlook Express). This occurs even if recent cocuments is turned off in Windows XP and even if the recent documents folder for Windows XP has been cleared. This shows too much! Others using Outlook Express on the same computer can potentially view the file names of every document, image, and device recently accessed. Where is the folder to clear this data out of? duncan <anonym...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

Excel to check for regular expression?
Hi, How do you use Regular expression in excel? For eg: Check a column of data to see whether are all of them valid email addresses? Please advise THanks By valid, do you mean that the email is in proper syntax or that it is an actual email address. Text formulas can be used for proper syntax. Perhaps a Visual Basic proceedure. I doubt you can check that the email address actually exists, as many companies and ISPs will simply disregard and drop mail to invalid email addresses to eliminate spam "user" wrote: > Hi, > > How do you use Regular expression ...

Memory Usage When Playing WMV HD Files
Hi all, When I watch a WMV HD file using WMP11, the file appears to start up and play well until I try to fast forward / jump to another part of the file, then the player just stops and after watching via the task manager, WMP memory usage goes through the roof ie. gigabytes and ultimately the player crashes. Have reinstalled the player, have tried various codecs etc but all appears to be unsuccessful. System is XP based, E6600 cpu with 4gb PC6400 memory and 8800GTS 640mb graphics. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Dumb question: what video card d...

To increase the upload file limit ONLY for one site collection
Hi, I have more than 1900 site collections on a web application. I know I can modify the upload file limit thru the CA or directly on the Web config file. However, I do not want to change the setting for all the site collections. I need to be able to change the setting only for a particular site collection. Is there anyway I can add manualy that entry in the web config file. Has anyone tried? Is this possible? Thanks in advance, Antonio ...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Outlook 2003
Just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Everything seems to be working OK !! BUT ! On the Outlook Today screen no images are shown. If I go into the customise option, there are no images shown for the various styles. Also any changes I make in Outlook today options are not saved.. Any Ideas ??? ...

Opening Files #5
When I first open Excel ( Office 2003) it goes to the wrong file. How can I get it to open intially the file I want ? Thank You -- George E To set up your main file in XL: <Tools> <Options <General> tab, And in the "Default File Location" box, Enter the path to whatever drive, and directory and file that you want. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "George E...