sharing offline folders among different profiles

I would like to share (ie use the same folders) my offline
Outlook contacts and calendar folders in two different
profiles.  How?  Many thanks.
0
rbuce (1)

OST files can be opened only in the profile/mailbox for which they were
created.

What is it you need to accomplish? There may be another way.

rbuce@btoauto.com wrote:
> I would like to share (ie use the same folders) my offline
> Outlook contacts and calendar folders in two different
> profiles.  How?  Many thanks.

0
lanwench (7567)
1/13/2004 2:55:58 PM
rbuce@btoauto.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I would like to share (ie use the same folders) my offline
> Outlook contacts and calendar folders in two different
> profiles.  How?  Many thanks.

Place the PST file in a directory where both profiles can read and write and
simplyu add it to each profile.  Only one profile at a time will be able to
access the file.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)
1/13/2004 7:48:34 PM
Offline folders are profile specific and cannot be "shared."  You will need
to export the parts of the .ost to a .pst and then open the .pst file in the
other profile to have access to the information you want.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, rbuce@btoauto.com
asked:

| I would like to share (ie use the same folders) my offline
| Outlook contacts and calendar folders in two different
| profiles.  How?  Many thanks.

0
MillyS5166 (1132)

Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003
I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the actual company. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. >But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? >The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the >actual company. Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't include the &...

Assign a task from a Public Folder to another user
Hello, I am trying to organize a large scale tasks tickler system where everyone can view the master task list and where senior managers can can assign tasks to subordinates. My first approach was to create the task folder in a public folder. Much to my dismay there doesn't seem to be any way to assign the task to another user and still monitor the task in the master public folder task list. First there was no "assign task" command on the toolbar. After adding the "assign task" icon I discovered that the task was added to my personal task list vice the master task li...

Exchange 5.5
We are in the process of planning a migration from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. As part of the pre migration tasks, I want to tidy up the number of public folders we have. I have a problem though. There are a number of public folders that show up, that were hosted on a now decomissioned (as we sold that part of the business) servers. So when you try to view the properties of the foler you can't, as the folder was on the old server. I then cannot delete the public folder! How can i get rid of the reference to the old public folder(s) on our current Exchange servers? Thanks On Thu, 1...

Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?
We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she opens their shared calendars and edits them... Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and want their own individual contact lists).... Any ideas appreciated... Thanks! Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other user's Folder" and choose Contacts. "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontg...

Differences from Money 2000
I've recently upgraded from Money 2000 to 2006 Deluxe. There has been a change that I'm kind of dissappointed with. In the BILLS section Money 2000 would show account totals at the bottom of the page. You could select future upcoming bills and/or deposits and view the totals for the account. This was very handy. Is there anyway to get this feature with Money 2006? Also, I don't do online banking. Money 2006 will immediately attempt to go online when I start it. Is there anyway to disable this action? Thanks. Unfortunately that feature isn't there in 2006. A lot of folks...

Shared Workbook Query
Hi, I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an that you cannot for example merge cells. However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share workbook it removes the merged formatting. At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo so that the formatting is maintained. Is there any other way around this problem so that peo...

All public folders are not viewable
I have a user who has the pulic folder directory in Outlook with the expanded All public folders listed. Once he clicks on All public folders the screen pops up a message saying this view is unavailable. We just migrated to an Exchange 2003 server and everyone else had access to the public folders except this user. Thanks, Steve Try creating a new mail profile here: Control Panel->Mail Icon->Profiles->New. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be delet...

locking excel documents in a folder
Is it possible to have a folder with numerous excel documents in it; that can be accessed by anyone and modified by anyone, but No-one can remove them from the folder? Regards Hoyt Not an Excel issue......a Windows issue. Start>Help and Support "file and folder permissions" I think you will find that if users have full access to the folder, they have deleting permissions. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 07:37:02 -0700, hoyt <hoyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to have a folder with numerous excel documents in it; that can >...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

Cannot share calendar
Hi I'm trying to setup a user so that she can view someone else's calendar. I have been able to give her access to other peoples calendars, however i can't give her access to one particular user. even though other people can access that particular users calendar. I have given her all the relevent permissions needed to do so in exchange 2000 and at the target machine, but still an error msg of "you do not have sufficiant permisions to view this item" is given. Don't know what else to do....HELP Thank you Don't grant permissions in the Exchange server its...

load range of cells from one file into a different file
I want to load a range of cells from a spreadsheet in one file into a spreadsheet in a completely different file. I know how to do this with a cell by cell reference to the cells in the different file but I'm wondering if I can simplify this by using a named range.I'm not experienced with using named ranges and so far all my attempts have failed. Also, I would be interested to know if cell formats can be transferred in addition to the cell contents? Thanks for some tips. John Keith kd0gd@juno.com Select the range, copy it, go to the new workbook, select the first cell, do edit>...

Exchange 2003 public folder permissions
In the exchange system manager (even on the server) we cannot make any changes to the public folders When you right click on them you get an access denied. I have made changes to the permission up one level with no success Any ideas on how to reset the permissions. ...

Outlook 2003 in E2K3 environment going offline
What causes an Outlook 2003 Client in an Exchange 2003 environment on a networked workstation to trip into OFFLINE mode? Where can I begin to look to troubleshoot this issue? Carl ...

Resource sharing error
MS Project 2007 question / assistance needed - I created a separate project file for shared resources, filled in names of resources (techs), hourly rates, etc., etc, then saved the file as (named) "resources". When I try to share those resources in my current project, (tools>resource sharing>Share resources) and select the "resources from" the resources file, each resource then shows up in BOTH project’s resource files. Now all resources are showing up in both projects? Delete unwanted rows from one project, and they're deleted in BOTH projects. What...

calender sharing
I recently upgraded to XP op sys and alongwith it to MS Office 2003. In MS Office 2000, I used to share my private Outlook folders (Calendar, Contacts etc.) with my assistant . With this upgrade to MS Office, I lost the sharing ability. If I right click on any of these components (Calendar, Contacts etc.) the "Sharing" feature is shaded (disabled). How do I share these private folders? If you are talking about NetFolders then this feature was dropped after Outlook 2000 check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm for some options "KAH" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

different makers in one chart
I am using XY (Scatter) type chart to show the blood pressure verse age of 130 people. Untill here there is no problem and I chart shows neatly. Some of these people are male and others are female. I want to separate the gender by color or marker in the chart, so in one glance I can understand which data points belong to male and which to female? Is there any solution? Make two separate data series on your spreadsheet, and plot your chart from the two separate series. -- David Biddulph "Khoshravan" <khoshravan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OJUCQKfRIHA.1164@TK2MSFT...

Calendar as a Public Folder
Can someone tell me how to setup a public folder as a Calendar? I have seen it in the past, but do not know how to set it up. John: Please see the microsoft.public.exchange.setup thread titled "setting up shared/public calendar" dated Wednesday, August 18, 2004. Regards, Martin "John Barr" <jbarr@toobrands.com> wrote in message news:219701c48612$84d08d50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can someone tell me how to setup a public folder as a > Calendar? I have seen it in the past, but do not know how > to set it up. Hi John, Assuming you have everything setup a...

SFO can't go offline.
Hi, I have sync problem or offline problem with Sales with Outlook. My CRM production environments are built by the following: CRM Server: Windows 2003 English + CRM Server 1.2 English SQL Server: Windows 2000 English + SQL 2000 Server English Client: Windows XP Pro English + Outlook 2003 English + CRM Sales for Outlook English When I click the "go offline" button from the CRM toolbar in outlook I got this error message "Unknown error. Please try again later. If the problem persists contact the system administrator". My SFO are working fine with all the function, Lea...

Unable to delete "sent" mail from folder
I am running Outlook 2000. Currently my Sent mail folder is approx. 58 meg. I am unable to delete or archive "sent" messages from as far back as October 2001. I get the message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error". This only happens in this folder. I suspect it may relate to relocating my .pst files from the server to my local folder "c:/docs&settings/myusername/local settings/application data/microsoft/outlook". Or it could relate to migrating from Outlook 98 to Outlook 2000 (which occured before I moved the .pst file). Any thoughts?...

Connecting to a shared SSRS data source from BIDS
I'm just starting out using BIDS and creating reports in general. I've been using Report Builder and have no trouble accessing a shared SSRS data source by specifying the Report Server (http://<Server>/ReportServer) in the Options...Settings, from there I can view and use any predefined data source in a report. How do I specify in BIDS that I wish to use a preconfigured shared data source from SSRS, I can't see any obvious option. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks David David, Hopefully when you connect your report to a shared datasource in design t...

Sharing the Entourage calendar
Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there a way to automate it so that it saves and uploads to my website? On 7/6/04 11:03 pm, in article fc11fd4e.0406071403.192a07bf@posting.google.com, "Michel" <michel@neray.com> wrote: > Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my > assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web > function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there...

Moving mails to a different user
One of our employee had quit and we want to move all his current and new emails to other employee (who already has a mail box). How could this be achieved? Thanks in advance. I am using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 you can either just rename the account of the person who's left to the new person's name; or you could (if you have mailbox retention configured) delete the mailbox, then after cleanup is run, attach the mailbox to the new user's account - re-add the departed user's original smtp address as a secondary address; or you use exmerge to make a copy of the old user...

RemoteApp is the solution to share .pst files
RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst files over in local network or the internet! At last, no need for Exchange. ss. Alas, still not supported for .psts on a network share. Use at your own = risk. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message = news:%23sexHtIuIHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst fi...

shared workbook
I have a shared workbook. Once in a while, I cannot uncheck the allow changes by more than one user at the same time. This option in the shared workbook under the tools menu is grayed out. Other times this option is available. Can someone please tell me why this option becomes unavailable. ...

can bin range for histograms be on a different worksheet?
I'm doing the histograms for a bunch of test data like I've done the past few years. However, I have a new machine and new version of office (Office 2004 X)... So, I have all the data on one work sheet- it's 1800+ rows, and I use auto-filter to pare down to the sub-sets I want to histogram. Here is the problem, however. I used to have a worksheet to put the bin ranges on. It used to work just fine that way. Now, however, it appears to not like the bin range reference if it refers to other than the worksheet with the data? That sucks if it's true, and will make Exc...