Sharing Folders (net folders) in Outlook 2002/XP

I'm trying to share a contacts & calendar folders from a
laptop (running Windows 2000 Pro & Outlook 2000) to a
desktop (running Windows XP Pro & Outlook 2002). Problem
is when I receive the "new subscription to
contacts/calendar" email the "ACCEPT" button doesn't
show. I have already tested it successfully on another
Windows 2000/Outlook 2000 machine, but can't get it to
work in XP/Outlook 2002. Please advise. Thanks!

Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003
I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the actual company. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. >But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? >The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the >actual company. Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't include the &...

Windows XP Pro
Need help trying to restore settings to allow images (.jpg, etc) to render in Outlook. ...

Assign a task from a Public Folder to another user
Hello, I am trying to organize a large scale tasks tickler system where everyone can view the master task list and where senior managers can can assign tasks to subordinates. My first approach was to create the task folder in a public folder. Much to my dismay there doesn't seem to be any way to assign the task to another user and still monitor the task in the master public folder task list. First there was no "assign task" command on the toolbar. After adding the "assign task" icon I discovered that the task was added to my personal task list vice the master task li...

Exchange 5.5
We are in the process of planning a migration from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. As part of the pre migration tasks, I want to tidy up the number of public folders we have. I have a problem though. There are a number of public folders that show up, that were hosted on a now decomissioned (as we sold that part of the business) servers. So when you try to view the properties of the foler you can't, as the folder was on the old server. I then cannot delete the public folder! How can i get rid of the reference to the old public folder(s) on our current Exchange servers? Thanks On Thu, 1...

Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?
We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she opens their shared calendars and edits them... Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and want their own individual contact lists).... Any ideas appreciated... Thanks! Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other user's Folder" and choose Contacts. "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontg...

Appointment activity
Hi, why is it that when you remove future appointment from Outlook calendar it also removes activity (like it should), however when you remove past appointments from Outlook it doesn´t remove activity from activity list. It doesn´t matter if both are not closed activities. Past appointments are not in sync with linked activity? I dont know the technical reason, but I can think of a good functional reason why this behaviour would exist. Appointments in the future have not yet been there. If they are cancelled, then they should be cancelled in CRM as well because the event w...

Shared Workbook Query
Hi, I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an that you cannot for example merge cells. However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share workbook it removes the merged formatting. At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo so that the formatting is maintained. Is there any other way around this problem so that peo...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

Office 2010 Beta Outlook can not follow hyper links
When I click on links in email I get the following message: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. I am using Office 2010 Beta (Outlook), Windows 7, IE 8. I had Office 2003 and it is not compatible with Windows 7. So I had to download Office 2010 Beta. Since links wouldn't work I tried Widows Live email. Links work in it. I like Outlook better and would like to get it back. tgrfn2 wrote: > When I click on links in email I get the following message: > This operation has been cancell...

Outlook locks after XPP SP2
Since installing XPP SP2, I find that OLK2K3 locks up VERY FREQUENTLY. I can't seem to pin it on one specific thing - except for moving from the Inbox (my default on opening OL2K3) to another folder. Any help appreciated - specially if you could e-mail it to lanmeister@ihug.co.nz TIA Russell Ran scanpst.exe already? What is logged to the Event Viewer? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Lanmeister" <Lanmeister@discussions.microsof...

locking excel documents in a folder
Is it possible to have a folder with numerous excel documents in it; that can be accessed by anyone and modified by anyone, but No-one can remove them from the folder? Regards Hoyt Not an Excel issue......a Windows issue. Start>Help and Support "file and folder permissions" I think you will find that if users have full access to the folder, they have deleting permissions. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 07:37:02 -0700, hoyt <hoyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to have a folder with numerous excel documents in it; that can >...

All public folders are not viewable
I have a user who has the pulic folder directory in Outlook with the expanded All public folders listed. Once he clicks on All public folders the screen pops up a message saying this view is unavailable. We just migrated to an Exchange 2003 server and everyone else had access to the public folders except this user. Thanks, Steve Try creating a new mail profile here: Control Panel->Mail Icon->Profiles->New. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be delet...

sey up in outlook 200
hello my name is jo jo and i am looking for some help on setting up outlook 2000. question 1 can outlook be used for home use w/o a network? question 2 i cannot seem to get outlook set up properly. i do not know what a pop3 is? i thouht i had it set up ,but i cannot get it to work. any information you can give will be greatly appreciated. i like the features in outlook bettr than what internet providers supply you with thank you for your time jo jo lost Contact your ISP for the correct account settings. They usually publish them in the FAQs on their website. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Out...

Entourage compatibility w/Outlook and BlackBerry
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I currently use a Windows PC and Office 2007 for business. I spend a lot of time in Outlook, with many different folders to store emails and an archive for old ones, and I organise my life using tasks, the calendar, contacts and memos, which I then synchronise with a BlackBerry. <br><br>I'm now thinking of moving across to a MacBook Pro which will have Office for Mac, including Entourage 2008, having the data from the PC transferred at the Apple Store under their One to One pro...

Cannot share calendar
Hi I'm trying to setup a user so that she can view someone else's calendar. I have been able to give her access to other peoples calendars, however i can't give her access to one particular user. even though other people can access that particular users calendar. I have given her all the relevent permissions needed to do so in exchange 2000 and at the target machine, but still an error msg of "you do not have sufficiant permisions to view this item" is given. Don't know what else to do....HELP Thank you Don't grant permissions in the Exchange server its...

Resource sharing error
MS Project 2007 question / assistance needed - I created a separate project file for shared resources, filled in names of resources (techs), hourly rates, etc., etc, then saved the file as (named) "resources". When I try to share those resources in my current project, (tools>resource sharing>Share resources) and select the "resources from" the resources file, each resource then shows up in BOTH project’s resource files. Now all resources are showing up in both projects? Delete unwanted rows from one project, and they're deleted in BOTH projects. What...

Save Message rules in Outlook Express
Hi Can anyone let me know how to save messages created in Outlook Express. Take backup and then restore them in another pc. This can be done in MS-Outlook through the rule wizard. Lakshmi <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone let me know how to save messages created in > Outlook Express. Take backup and then restore them in > another pc. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup and see http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ -- Brian Tillman ...

calender sharing
I recently upgraded to XP op sys and alongwith it to MS Office 2003. In MS Office 2000, I used to share my private Outlook folders (Calendar, Contacts etc.) with my assistant . With this upgrade to MS Office, I lost the sharing ability. If I right click on any of these components (Calendar, Contacts etc.) the "Sharing" feature is shaded (disabled). How do I share these private folders? If you are talking about NetFolders then this feature was dropped after Outlook 2000 check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm for some options "KAH" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Outlook Contacts Setup Help Needed
I recently reinstalled Windows XP Pro on my computer and then reinstalled Outlook 2003 and updated everything. I saved my old outlook.pst file and put it back where it belongs. My contacts show up in contacts and my email is in the right place. I setup my account info and everything is working fine except when I send a new message and then click on "To" field I get the following error message "The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted or you do not have permissions. F...

Calendar as a Public Folder
Can someone tell me how to setup a public folder as a Calendar? I have seen it in the past, but do not know how to set it up. John: Please see the microsoft.public.exchange.setup thread titled "setting up shared/public calendar" dated Wednesday, August 18, 2004. Regards, Martin "John Barr" <jbarr@toobrands.com> wrote in message news:219701c48612$84d08d50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can someone tell me how to setup a public folder as a > Calendar? I have seen it in the past, but do not know how > to set it up. Hi John, Assuming you have everything setup a...

Outlook 2002 POP3 #2
I want to send emails only, using SMTP. Is it necessary I decalre a POP3 server? ...

Unable to delete "sent" mail from folder
I am running Outlook 2000. Currently my Sent mail folder is approx. 58 meg. I am unable to delete or archive "sent" messages from as far back as October 2001. I get the message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error". This only happens in this folder. I suspect it may relate to relocating my .pst files from the server to my local folder "c:/docs&settings/myusername/local settings/application data/microsoft/outlook". Or it could relate to migrating from Outlook 98 to Outlook 2000 (which occured before I moved the .pst file). Any thoughts?...

pfbackup.exe/xp what is wrong?
Hi guys, ok I just cannot get this to work. I have installed pfbackup.exe, no worries. I back it up and save it to a cd, I open the cd in explorer and copy the backup file to the desktop. I open it and read only IS NOT CHECKED, so I cannot 'uncheck ' it. No matter how I try to open it, the only thing that happens is it opens an email with this backup file as an attachment. If I open the Attachment, I get the same thing again.And again. And again. What is going on I am losing my mind trying to figure it out. Thanks, Lauren HOw are you trying to open it? Only Outlook c...

Connecting to a shared SSRS data source from BIDS
I'm just starting out using BIDS and creating reports in general. I've been using Report Builder and have no trouble accessing a shared SSRS data source by specifying the Report Server (http://<Server>/ReportServer) in the Options...Settings, from there I can view and use any predefined data source in a report. How do I specify in BIDS that I wish to use a preconfigured shared data source from SSRS, I can't see any obvious option. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks David David, Hopefully when you connect your report to a shared datasource in design t...

[Outlook 2003] Reply to external email
Hi, I have outlook 2003 installed and we are using Microsoft Exchange and Pop3/smtp server account Those 2 server are configured on my outlook. When I receive e-mail from poeple in my office, I can reply to them with no problem. But when I receive e-mail from external user, when I do a reply, I receive this error : 501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail from xxx@hshs.com to jdjdjd@kfkf.com for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. I know that when I reply to external user, I just have to change the account (Microsoft exchange) to send the mail and its working fine. But I would like to know ...