Shared calendar does not show text in appointments

I've had a request for help because a user on our network, who has access
permission to her bosses calendar, has a problem. When the PA sets new
appointments she can see botht he new item and all the other appointments,
whether she set them up or her boss did.
However, when the Boss looks in the calender for herself, the ones set up by
the PA show as blank spaces, but the subject line does not show the text.

The PA knows how wto do this and IS using the subject line properly to
detail what the appointment is for.

Honestly, I'm baffled - I've never heard of this before. Any ideas please?

--
Gill W

Life is not a rehearsal.
Take time out to smell the flowers & enjoy the sunset.

Are the items marked as private?

Gill W wrote:
> I've had a request for help because a user on our network, who has
> access permission to her bosses calendar, has a problem. When the PA
> sets new appointments she can see botht he new item and all the other
> appointments, whether she set them up or her boss did.
> However, when the Boss looks in the calender for herself, the ones
> set up by the PA show as blank spaces, but the subject line does not
> show the text.
>
> The PA knows how wto do this and IS using the subject line properly to
> detail what the appointment is for.
>
> Honestly, I'm baffled - I've never heard of this before. Any ideas
> please?

0
lanwench (7567)
8/10/2004 1:05:34 PM
No they are not. I checked that. Thanks, anyway.

I went to see the caller to day, and when I got there this had resolved
itself. I get the feeling this may have been a server slow-down or some
other odd glytch. Seems to be fine now, so who knows!!

When I visit a caller and the problem just vanishes, the call it "the
Webster Effect" (that's my susrname!!)

--
Gill W

Life is not a rehearsal.
Take time out to smell the flowers & enjoy the sunset.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> Are the items marked as private?
>
> Gill W wrote:
> > I've had a request for help because a user on our network, who has
> > access permission to her bosses calendar, has a problem. When the PA
> > sets new appointments she can see botht he new item and all the other
> > appointments, whether she set them up or her boss did.
> > However, when the Boss looks in the calender for herself, the ones
> > set up by the PA show as blank spaces, but the subject line does not
> > show the text.
> >
> > The PA knows how wto do this and IS using the subject line properly to
> > detail what the appointment is for.
> >
> > Honestly, I'm baffled - I've never heard of this before. Any ideas
> > please?

Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003
I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the actual company. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. >But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? >The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the >actual company. Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't include the &...

X axis major ticks show [1913, 1923, 1933, ...]
I'm using Office 2000 and have a problem labeling major ticks on the horizontal axis (years). My dataset starts on an "off" year, 1913 (i.e. not a turn-of-the-decade like 1910 or 1960). I want to show labels only for decadal years. However, I can't seem to get the major ticks to work; instead of 1910, 1920, 1930, ... it throws up 1913, 1923, 1933, ... It's not a meaningless result, but it doesn't look good on the eye. Am I missing some setting? :-plum ...

Appointment activity
Hi, why is it that when you remove future appointment from Outlook calendar it also removes activity (like it should), however when you remove past appointments from Outlook it doesn´t remove activity from activity list. It doesn´t matter if both are not closed activities. Past appointments are not in sync with linked activity? I dont know the technical reason, but I can think of a good functional reason why this behaviour would exist. Appointments in the future have not yet been there. If they are cancelled, then they should be cancelled in CRM as well because the event w...

Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?
We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she opens their shared calendars and edits them... Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and want their own individual contact lists).... Any ideas appreciated... Thanks! Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other user's Folder" and choose Contacts. "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontg...

Shared Workbook Query
Hi, I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an that you cannot for example merge cells. However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share workbook it removes the merged formatting. At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo so that the formatting is maintained. Is there any other way around this problem so that peo...

Text Box with conditional formula 11-26-09
Hey all, Is there a way to conditionally format a text box? I have a calendar that has text boxes associated with the cells and I want the text boxes to reformat when conditions are met. Thanks for your help, KR -- Keyrookie is it ok for your requirements? 1. select the cell A1, and press Alt > e > c 2. select any cell, hold down SHIFT key and press Alt > e > N 3. use this shape as a text box. 4. set the conditional format at the cell A1 according to your condition. HTH -- MRT "Keyrookie" <Keyrookie.553e869@excelbanter.com>...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

List Box to show your Order
At the Moment I have a query that lists my Horses on my form I have a Text box next to each horse so depending what number I put in my text Box gives me a Printing Order, This is for Printing Worksheets, What I am trying to Achieve is say to list Boxes and you highlight a Horse a click the arrow to send it to another Listbox on the same form then print the Order in list Box2, Once you select a record and click it to List Box 2 it disappears from list box 1, Any Ideas how to start this? -- Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob MS Access 2007 accdb Windows XP Home...

Cannot share calendar
Hi I'm trying to setup a user so that she can view someone else's calendar. I have been able to give her access to other peoples calendars, however i can't give her access to one particular user. even though other people can access that particular users calendar. I have given her all the relevent permissions needed to do so in exchange 2000 and at the target machine, but still an error msg of "you do not have sufficiant permisions to view this item" is given. Don't know what else to do....HELP Thank you Don't grant permissions in the Exchange server its...

show pages on a pivot in 2007
How do I do a "show pages" on a pivot table in Excel 2007??? I did it in 2003, but can't figure out how to do it in 2007. Thanks! Hi, Click on the report filter cell of the pivot and then go to Pivot Table Tools > Options > Pivot Table > Options > Show Report Filter Pages -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP "terri" <terri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19AAFD1B-7101-47E2-B03E-43C79EA0B015@microsoft.com... > How do I do a "show pages" on a pivot table in Excel 2007??? I did it in >...

Resource sharing error
MS Project 2007 question / assistance needed - I created a separate project file for shared resources, filled in names of resources (techs), hourly rates, etc., etc, then saved the file as (named) "resources". When I try to share those resources in my current project, (tools>resource sharing>Share resources) and select the "resources from" the resources file, each resource then shows up in BOTH project’s resource files. Now all resources are showing up in both projects? Delete unwanted rows from one project, and they're deleted in BOTH projects. What...

calender sharing
I recently upgraded to XP op sys and alongwith it to MS Office 2003. In MS Office 2000, I used to share my private Outlook folders (Calendar, Contacts etc.) with my assistant . With this upgrade to MS Office, I lost the sharing ability. If I right click on any of these components (Calendar, Contacts etc.) the "Sharing" feature is shaded (disabled). How do I share these private folders? If you are talking about NetFolders then this feature was dropped after Outlook 2000 check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm for some options "KAH" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Calendar as a Public Folder
Can someone tell me how to setup a public folder as a Calendar? I have seen it in the past, but do not know how to set it up. John: Please see the microsoft.public.exchange.setup thread titled "setting up shared/public calendar" dated Wednesday, August 18, 2004. Regards, Martin "John Barr" <jbarr@toobrands.com> wrote in message news:219701c48612$84d08d50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can someone tell me how to setup a public folder as a > Calendar? I have seen it in the past, but do not know how > to set it up. Hi John, Assuming you have everything setup a...

Connecting to a shared SSRS data source from BIDS
I'm just starting out using BIDS and creating reports in general. I've been using Report Builder and have no trouble accessing a shared SSRS data source by specifying the Report Server (http://<Server>/ReportServer) in the Options...Settings, from there I can view and use any predefined data source in a report. How do I specify in BIDS that I wish to use a preconfigured shared data source from SSRS, I can't see any obvious option. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks David David, Hopefully when you connect your report to a shared datasource in design t...

Modify The Code For Importing Text File into an Excel File
i am stucked with a another problem hope anyone can help me out. The code Below imports data from the text files into excel file . i need to modify this tool in such a way that after row count in excel sheet exceeds 5000 it has to import it in a new sheet . Dim mobjFSO As FileSystemObject Sub RunSafeway_DB_QC() Dim strFolder As String With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker) .Title = "Select Folder contains the Safeway DB QC Files" strFolder = .Show If strFolder <> "0" Then Call GetSnapSho...

Searching for text within cells
I want to create an IF statement that does something like this: (Formula in cell B1) - IF A1 contains "red" then return "red", else if A1 contains "blue", return "blue", else if A1 contains "black" return "black" else .... and so on. I realise I have a 7 nested if limit. Can anyone help? TIA, Alan Well. The way you stated it =a1 would do it. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Alan" <me@here.now> wrote in message news:Xns951061569AB0Dmeherenow@207.35.177.135... > I want to create an IF statem...

word showing 2nd blank page when trying to exit
Word 2003 very slow loading, when trying to exit shows a second blank page also slowly For general troubleshooting, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "bturner" <bturner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A875937A-1630-4BF3-A2C1-37A8E24F84D5@microsoft.com... > Word 2003 very slow loading, when trying to exit shows a second blank page > also slowly ...

Sharing the Entourage calendar
Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there a way to automate it so that it saves and uploads to my website? On 7/6/04 11:03 pm, in article fc11fd4e.0406071403.192a07bf@posting.google.com, "Michel" <michel@neray.com> wrote: > Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my > assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web > function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there...

Cannot accept Calendar meeting
I cannot accept calendar meetings with 2007. I receive the email with the celendar request, there is just no icons to accept/decline. Any ideas? I rin Office 2007 in Windowws XP ...

Default Disappearing Text
Is there a way, in Excel 2003, to have a template with default text in the cell that disappears once the cell is entered? For example, in the form I am creating, one of the cells to be filled is Event Name. Is there a way to have "Event" appear in a cell such that it disappears when I click on the cell? It would be helpful if the default text is non-printable so that it does not show if the document created from the template is printed and not all of the cells are filled with new text. When I make forms, I like to use conditional formatting so that if the cell is blank, the F...

RemoteApp is the solution to share .pst files
RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst files over in local network or the internet! At last, no need for Exchange. ss. Alas, still not supported for .psts on a network share. Use at your own = risk. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message = news:%23sexHtIuIHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst fi...

shared workbook
I have a shared workbook. Once in a while, I cannot uncheck the allow changes by more than one user at the same time. This option in the shared workbook under the tools menu is grayed out. Other times this option is available. Can someone please tell me why this option becomes unavailable. ...

Share your Sharing Wisdom
I hope someone can help me out here. In my Outlook I have tons of subordinate folders within Outlook Today and my Inbox. I literally have 104 to be exact. My question is how can I share all of these to another user so they can access EVERYTHING? I know how to give them permission and add my account to their Outlook view but how can I apply permissions to all of the folders instead of doing them one by one? Please help me if you can. I'm scared of the possibility of a daunting task the looms in my forecast. I sincerely appreciate any and all effort one provides in resolving...

adjusting calendar without changing the duration
hi, i got several msp files by my collegues without resource planning. Now i want to add resource planning and have to adjust the canlendars. Therefore, i set the dailywork from 8hrs to 6,4hrs and the weeklywork from 40hrs to 32hrs. However, as i do that, i dont want, that the existing dates and durations change. Everything shall stay the same, except that i define the working hrs new, to calculate the needed manpower later. How can i do that? Furthermore, another question. Why can i define a workday from 8am to 5pm with an hour break, but still define the dailywork with 6,4h...

hide/close/delete shared account
(bear with me. i'm new and although this is my second time trying to set up money, i've run into the same problem and have yet to find the answer in the forum.) i have four bank accounts and one is shared with a family member. i don't want this account to show up at all in money essentials. i tried "closing" it. i tried "hiding" it. i tried "deleting" it. but each time i go back to "categorize my transactions," transactions from that account are still there. The problem here is that Money is designed (and Money Essentials (MEss) even ...