setup Microsoft Outlook 2003

I am trying to set up a new account to send/receive email. I thought I had it
right but when I did a test and tried to send an email this is the error I
received:

Task 'Pat - Sending' reported error (0x800CCCF4) : 'Unknown Error 0x800CCCF4'

Please help.
0
pat6918 (191)

It looks like this error is related to an HTTP type account.  Are you trying
to add a Hotmail or MSN account, and if so, do you have a paid account or are
you trying to add a free one?  You can't add the free ones to Outlook
anymore...

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

"Pat" wrote:

> I am trying to set up a new account to send/receive email. I thought I had it
> right but when I did a test and tried to send an email this is the error I
> received:
>
> Task 'Pat - Sending' reported error (0x800CCCF4) : 'Unknown Error 0x800CCCF4'
>
> Please help.

Outlook Issues -- HELP!!
I recently performed an update in Windows and ever since have problems now with Outlook (ver, whatever comes with XP). Often times when I open Outlook the program will display the following message "The data file "Personal Folders" was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems." There should be no reason for this, since I always use File, Exit, or else the X at top to close. In addition, it often freezes up for no reason; and sometimes it doesn't automatically send emails through to me, until I hit the Send/Receive button, although it is set ...

Office read only in outlook only
I am having a problem with Outlook 2002 and a user profile. The user loggs into locations and everwhere she loggs into the Outlook gives her office read only files. She can send the file and it becomes read only. She can send to any user possible but the file comes up as normal. Any user can read the file as normal, but she cannot. she opens the file seperatley it will read regular, but when opened through Outlook it is read only. Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Cant get any mail in my inbox using Microsoft outlook web access
I can log on to Micorosoft Outlook Webacess but the problem is that I dont see any mail in my inbox using the inbox, some times I can get the new unread messages but after I have opened and read them, they disapper too. Does any one have a solution to this problem? are you using a "hide read messages" view? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Search for answers: h...

How can I read emails from other employees mailboxes on Exchange 2003
I have exchange 2003, how can I check my employee's emails without resetting their passwords... I would like to be able to check multiple employee's emails periodically. I installed outlook on my exchange server and I granted myself full rights to a specific mailbox is there a better way? I would like to open outlook and be able to pick any of the mailboxes profiles from a drop down box from the AD. Is that possible? THANK YOU! On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:08:07 -0500, "mardskee" <amigo@elitemg.com> wrote: >I have exchange 2003, how can I check my employee's...

ShareO and Outlook 2007
I am using ShareO and seem to be having a consistent problem. It seems that whenever the "shared" computers are "talking" to each other, Outlook freezes. This is really annoying when it happens in the middle of composing an email or a reply to an email because anything that has been typed is lost and must be recreated. If anyone has any clue as to how/why this happening, I would be most appreciative. This great news group turned me on to ShareO in the first place so I'm hoping someone will have an answer for me. I would contact the makers of ShareO for assista...

Microsoft Money with Palm
Does Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe allow you to use a Palm Pilot? Or do I need to buy the Ultrasoft Money Link software? You have to buy Ultrasoft Money. Microsoft likes the windows handheld devices not Palm-based, so out of the box they only supply software for windows. By the way Ultrasoft Money works very well. Tim wrote: > Does Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe allow you to use a Palm > Pilot? Or do I need to buy the Ultrasoft Money Link > software? You need to buy Ultrasoft. >-----Original Message----- >Does Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe allow you to use a Palm >Pi...

List of free time in Outlook
I want to be able to print a list of free times (ie those that I am available for appointments) from my Outlook calendar. Anyone know how to do this? I don't want to have to use the meetings scheduler. Mike Cameron ...

Microsoft Excel 2007, Sharing Violation when saving file
Hi all, Excel 2007 in Windows Vista Every now and then, I cannot save the excel file that I am working because of a "Sharing violation". If it matters, the excel file is saved back and forth between three people, all using Windows Vista. Any idea why this happens? Probably because more than one user is trying to access the same data at the same time and EXCEL doesn't like that. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Kevin Hendrawan" wrote: > Hi all, > > Excel 2007 in Windows Vista > > Every now and the...

importing old address book from office 2003 to office 2007?
How do I import my old address book from my old computer with Office 2003 to my new computer with Office 2007? "Bevin" <Bevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:996FA761-46C9-4F7C-AF44-0E54D95A8327@microsoft.com... > How do I import my old address book from my old computer with Office 2003 > to > my new computer with Office 2007? You don't. You migrate your CONTACTS. As posted at least daily: How to backup and restore Outlook http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm htt...

Pub 2003 Clip Organizer Error
Sorry if this has been answered before - search didn't find this error in Pub 2003. Upgraded Pub 2003 Beta to Pub 2003. Clip Organizer gets "Error Code 0x007007f" Tried repair function - no help. Search on MS came up empty. Have since found that I cannot import Excel list for mail merge AND cannot create merge list within Publisher (Access). Do I need to uninstall Pub and do a clean install? -- Donna McBryde =^..^= 99.9% of the world's problems would cease to exist if everyone lived by the Golden Rule. -- There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music an...

outlook attachments #16
Is there a way to recieve attachments in outlook. I can get some but others are blocked. I have noticed that if they are .exe it won't work. What is up with that? kalendesh <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to recieve attachments in outlook. I can > get some but others are blocked. I have noticed that if > they are .exe it won't work. What is up with that? Install Slovak's Attachment Options: http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm Consider subscribing to Woody's Office Watch (free) http://www.woodyswatch.com/office/index...

The best Exchange setup in a small hosting setup
I need to set up at small hosting setup where the users can access their email through RPC-HTTPS and webmail. But what do I need? One ISA server? One front-end server? One back-end server? Some clustering or is it overkill? Best Regards Martin - You can do it with as little as a single Exchange server and a firewall. - In a single server environment, FE/BE topology doesn't really buy you much... - Clustering can be an overkill or not, depending on what your goals are. If high-availability is a valued goal, you could look at clustering (and the investments that go with a clustered ...

Moving multiple profiles from outlook 2000 on win98 to outlook 2002 on XP pro machines
We are in the process of upgrading our computers from win98 with outlook 2000 to XP pro with outlook 2002. We are changing out all of the workstation hardware. I have all of the workstations set up with outlook 2000 with as many as 20 profiles, for different users, on each machine. All of the profiles are pop3 accounts, and the .pst files are located on a central file server (not on the workstations). Is there a way to export the user profiles and import them onto the new machines. When the original accounts were set up the users changed thier passwords, so I would have to hunt down and si...

Page Setup
Hi, I have a problem with Excel XP in that when I preview a page which is in Landscape, it automatically displays as portrait. When I resize it, it goes back to landscape but then back to portarit again ! Any ideas ? Many thanks. Colin. If you change printer drivers, does it happen? If no, then I'd download a newer/fresh printer driver for that troublesome printer. Any chance you have some helpful macro jumping in to fix the page setup for you? If you open the workbook with macros disabled, does it still happen? Colin wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a problem with Excel X...

Outlook 2007: Msg reply in HTML
Simply, is there ANY way to reply to a "plain text" email message in Outlook 2007 in HTML format? I've researched this popular question vastly, and the Microsoft geniuses always reply with the same mantra: "if the person sends in plain text, then you should reply as such." Grrrrr.... But the question still remains: how to reply in HTM, if possible. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

ISV config does not exist / Does not conform to Microsoft
Error 1001. ISV config does not exist / Does not conform to Microsoft Schema - when installing and c360 roduct No matter what I do in changing, adding, correcting the isv.config, I can't get around this error. c360 support and Microsoft support unable to solve. - Both point fingers. Anybody have any ideas? -- Darryl - dh@mtccrm.com -www.mtccrm.com - Only Microsoft CRM Are you able to return to the base isv.config then start to re add the c360 stuff.? If the only thing added has been c360 addins then it is their responsiblity to sort this one out ======================= John O&#...

excel page setup
Hello, I have a spreadsheet and I am using cells a:k50, but when I go to see the end of my spreadsheet it tells me I have used cells a:ak 295. I have 35 sheets like this and is is making the file bigger than it has to be. I have tried deleting, clear, page preview setup but nothing seems to clear and make my page a1: k53. Any suggestions. Thank You Select the row following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Down Arrow to select all rows beyond your data and Edit>Delete. Select the column following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow (US) to select all columns beyond your data...

Outlook Startup error message
I'm getting an error message when I startup Outlook 2003 - I had the same problem with Outlook 2002, and upgrading hasn't fixed it. I get an alert box saying; The add-in "c:\program files\mcafee\mcafee viruscan\scanmail.dll could not be installed or loaded. The problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu." I haven't had Viruscan installed for a couple of years now, and I just used a registry cleaning program to remove all traces of entries related to this program from the registry, but no luck. I've run Detect and Repair multiple ti...

Microsoft Query
I am new to the above. I think I understand it. The problem is when I go to edit a microsoft query most of the drop downs are grayed out. Has anyone any ideas why this should be? Is there a setting I have missed somewhere. Excel is running on XP Professional and I am accessing data from an AS400 box Many thanks ...

Outlook 2003 Installation Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C7DF80.64769750 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello to all - My OS is XP Pro. My Outlook 2003 wasn't working properly. When I = attempted to run the OUTLOOK 2003 Detect and Repair, I was given the = option to restore default configurations, Unfortunately, after I chose = that option, I can no longer run my Outlook 2003 program. I receive the = following error message when it attempts to install: "ERROR 25090. Office setup encountered a...

Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager #2
I am running Exch Server 2003 SP2. I have a policy set up to delete old sent and deleted items. It runs fine on all three Exch servers, but on two of the servers it runs four times starting about 15 mins apart. How do I make it run only once a day? On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 06:53:02 -0700, Wyatt <Wyatt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am running Exch Server 2003 SP2. I have a policy set up to delete old sent >and deleted items. It runs fine on all three Exch servers, but on two of the >servers it runs four times starting about 15 mins apart. How do I make it run >only o...

Microsoft Money Background Banking: mnybb.exe
I have installed Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business few days ago, now every 30 minutes a window appears with the following error message: "The instruction at "0x7c910e03" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program" I noticed also that when I close Money the service mnybb.exe remains running and exahusting my CPU. Here is my system details: Windows XP SP2 1 GB RAM Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business Version 17.0.150.1415 Any clue how can i get over this problem? Cheers Moh...

Microsoft Security Essentials 11-18-09
I had a problem of excessive resources consuming by Avast! and IObit Security softwares. Following the advise of a member of this group, I uninstalled all my AV and antispy programs and installed instead Microsoft Security Essentials, which also runs in the background. This did not solve the problem: their monitoring file MsMpEng.exe is even more memory and CPU usage consuming than the previous programs that I uninstalled. Or, maybe, if you add them together it is about the same. In MS web forums I could learn that this problem affects other people, too. For instance: http://so...

Outlook Interrupting AOL and other e-mail accounts
Hi - my outlook opens when I am sending e-mails in AOL and my othe e-mail account. How can I disable this or stop? Thanks! Kon ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com kona cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly: > Hi - my outlook opens when I am sending e-mails in AOL and my other > e-mail account. How can I disable this or stop? > > Thanks! > > Kona > Firstly, why are you posting a question about Outlook from an Excel forum? Are you u...

Outlook Archive Old to New
Recently upgraded from stand alone Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server, but am not able to archive some of my folders... Get Microsoft Office Outlook window "Error while archiving folder "name" in store "Mailbox-Me". You are attempting to archive your data to a Microsoft Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File (.pst) which is a non-Unicode data file. To preserve multilingual data, you must choose a Unicode data file, such as the Microsoft Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst). See Help for more information." Is there anyway to convert the old...