setup email account in outlook

Hi,
  I want to setup an email account in outlook, but my email account is not
hotmail, and it asks me about the incoming and outgoing mail server, can I
ask how to find the address of the mail server? Thx.

Adrian

Well...you can look at any documentation that your ISP supplied......or you
can visit your ISP's website where most of them put all the details that you
might need

HTH..Simon

"adrian" <adrian8311@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>   I want to setup an email account in outlook, but my email account is not
> hotmail, and it asks me about the incoming and outgoing mail server, can I
> ask how to find the address of the mail server? Thx.
>
> Adrian

0
sig226 (6)
12/15/2003 12:15:50 PM
Typically these details are sent to you when you sign up for the email
account with the ISP, have you contacted the ISP or tried checked out the
ISP web site
"adrian" <adrian8311@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>   I want to setup an email account in outlook, but my email account is not
> hotmail, and it asks me about the incoming and outgoing mail server, can I
> ask how to find the address of the mail server? Thx.
>
> Adrian

Pictures/Logos in Email Templates
Hi We would like to include logos and pictures in our email templates. We have noticed that when we copy and paste a picture directly from a website it is displayed perfectly in the email template. We created web pages and attempted to copy and paste the pictures into the email templates in CRM. The pictures pasted without problems however after I clicked Save, we were left with a red cross in the left hand corner of the page and no pictures. We attempted to right click and click on Show Picture however this option was not available. Is there a way to add pictures to email templates w...

Outlook Issues -- HELP!!
I recently performed an update in Windows and ever since have problems now with Outlook (ver, whatever comes with XP). Often times when I open Outlook the program will display the following message "The data file "Personal Folders" was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems." There should be no reason for this, since I always use File, Exit, or else the X at top to close. In addition, it often freezes up for no reason; and sometimes it doesn't automatically send emails through to me, until I hit the Send/Receive button, although it is set ...

How do I recieve email to different email addresses in Outlook?
In Outlook express, I receive email under three different identities. I can easily switch between identities. How can I accomplish the same in Outlook? Do you need different identities or just multiple email accounts? Outlook doesn't use Identities but uses profiles. From the sounds of your post you might just need multiple accounts in one profile but I might need more details "dharnois" <dharnois@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C8ADE72-91B6-43ED-A7DF-3CD3551A8413@microsoft.com... > In Outlook express, I receive email under three different iden...

Blocking EMails #2
I've begun to recieve emails without a "From" address. Outlook will not let me block these emails because of the missing address. Has anyone else had this problem? Try to contact abuse@msn.com with regards to this. This might be a new form of spam. >-----Original Message----- >I've begun to recieve emails without a "From" address. >Outlook will not let me block these emails because of the >missing address. Has anyone else had this problem? >. > You can alos view this page http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spam.asp There are ...

The best Exchange setup in a small hosting setup
I need to set up at small hosting setup where the users can access their email through RPC-HTTPS and webmail. But what do I need? One ISA server? One front-end server? One back-end server? Some clustering or is it overkill? Best Regards Martin - You can do it with as little as a single Exchange server and a firewall. - In a single server environment, FE/BE topology doesn't really buy you much... - Clustering can be an overkill or not, depending on what your goals are. If high-availability is a valued goal, you could look at clustering (and the investments that go with a clustered ...

Moving multiple profiles from outlook 2000 on win98 to outlook 2002 on XP pro machines
We are in the process of upgrading our computers from win98 with outlook 2000 to XP pro with outlook 2002. We are changing out all of the workstation hardware. I have all of the workstations set up with outlook 2000 with as many as 20 profiles, for different users, on each machine. All of the profiles are pop3 accounts, and the .pst files are located on a central file server (not on the workstations). Is there a way to export the user profiles and import them onto the new machines. When the original accounts were set up the users changed thier passwords, so I would have to hunt down and si...

Page Setup
Hi, I have a problem with Excel XP in that when I preview a page which is in Landscape, it automatically displays as portrait. When I resize it, it goes back to landscape but then back to portarit again ! Any ideas ? Many thanks. Colin. If you change printer drivers, does it happen? If no, then I'd download a newer/fresh printer driver for that troublesome printer. Any chance you have some helpful macro jumping in to fix the page setup for you? If you open the workbook with macros disabled, does it still happen? Colin wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a problem with Excel X...

Outlook Startup error message
I'm getting an error message when I startup Outlook 2003 - I had the same problem with Outlook 2002, and upgrading hasn't fixed it. I get an alert box saying; The add-in "c:\program files\mcafee\mcafee viruscan\scanmail.dll could not be installed or loaded. The problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu." I haven't had Viruscan installed for a couple of years now, and I just used a registry cleaning program to remove all traces of entries related to this program from the registry, but no luck. I've run Detect and Repair multiple ti...

excel page setup
Hello, I have a spreadsheet and I am using cells a:k50, but when I go to see the end of my spreadsheet it tells me I have used cells a:ak 295. I have 35 sheets like this and is is making the file bigger than it has to be. I have tried deleting, clear, page preview setup but nothing seems to clear and make my page a1: k53. Any suggestions. Thank You Select the row following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Down Arrow to select all rows beyond your data and Edit>Delete. Select the column following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow (US) to select all columns beyond your data...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: "Updated Exchange setup script supports Entourage 2008"
I've posted version 2.0 of my EntourageExchangeSetup AppleScript on The Entourage Help Page that includes support for Microsoft Entourage 2008's Kerberos feature as well as some minor additions and bug fixes. This AppleScript is intended to be modified by an administrator to assist his Entourage users with the setups of their Exchange server accounts. It has been tested specifically with Entourage 2004 11.2.6, 11.3.3, 11.3.7 and Entourage 12.00, 12.0.1 and 12.1.0 but should work with any version of Entourage 2004 SP2 (11.2.0) and higher. Every company's network is different...

The Outlook Categories Do Not Match With My I-mate PDA2K Categories ...
Hi every one, I need help please as my Outlook Categories Do Not Match With My I-mate PDA2K Categories . it is very important for me to have this issue resolved as many other activities depend on resolving this issue. I'm not familiar with that PDA or exactly what the problem is - if outlook doesn't have the same categories, you can easily create them. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: htt...

Is it possible to use logon name as a variable in exchange 2007 email address creation?
We have an organisatgion that has upgraded from 2003 to 2007 in 2003 the email address policy was based on logon name (or pre windows 2000 logon name to be precisie), e,g for user "John Doe" the logon might be "JohnD" Email addresses were generated using the logon name. Is that possible in exchange 2007? regards Frank Frank formulated the question : > We have an organisatgion that has upgraded from 2003 to 2007 > in 2003 the email address policy was based on logon name (or pre windows 2000 > logon name to be precisie), e,g for user &...

Default email address when using both exchange & pop3 email
I've tried searching for my answer but I apologise if this question is a duplicate of one I haven't found. Originally Outlook was set up to use Exchange and then several pop3 email accounts were created. I've just added another pop3 account which I would like to be the default account. At home I just go to Tools, Accounts, etc to select the default but at work there is no Accounts option on the Tools menu (only Services, Customise, Options). Please could someone tell me how to set the default email account in this situation. Thanks in advance Helen "Helen Rybus"...

Outlook 2000 .PST Import to Exchange 2003 Mailbox
We are currently rolling out Exchange Server 2003, but having imported a user's .PST from Outlook 2000 to his new Mailbox, some of the mail shows the message: "This item contains active content that cannot be displayed in the preview pane. Open the item to read its contents". When we try to open it the following message appears: "Cannot open this item. Could not complete the operation because the service provider does not support it". Any help in resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Do you import on Exchange or do you import from within Ou...

Duplicate incoming emails
Hello, I just installed Microsoft CRM as a testing setup. It works fine but for one thing: Incoming emails are duplicated while outgoing mail works good. So if one replies to an email sent to an external account, the email reply appears twice in the incoming mailbox of the crm user. We're using MS CRM on a dedicated machine and MS Exchange with the CRM router on a second one. In Outlook the mail appears just once - like it should be. Internal mails work like they should, this problem only occurs on email received from external sources via SMTP. When I look into Exchange message t...

Outlook XP
I have a general Contacts list with friends/family in Outlook xp. Is it possible to create a seperate contacts list, say for people I have sent resumes to or business related, so they do not integrate with my main list of contacts? Reason I want this, is so I can have a list of people/companys I've sent resumes too, and follow up with them (and so I don't have to add them to my normal address book that I have in Outlook XP). What is the best way to accomplish this? How do I create/assign a category to current people in my address book? On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 17:34:28 -0700, "Milly ...

Email Name #2
I drawing a complete blank on how to accomplish this simple task. I've setup a generic user (named "Reception"), on my Windows 2003 Server. How do I configure it to display an actual person's name (like John Doe) when sending an email from Outlook 2003? Display name? -- Jonathan No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup today?????? "jhunter@huntercomputerinc.com" wrote: > I drawing a complete blank on how to accomplish this simple task. > > I've setup a generic user (named "Reception"), on my Windows 2003 > Server. How do I ...

Outlook Archive Old to New
Recently upgraded from stand alone Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server, but am not able to archive some of my folders... Get Microsoft Office Outlook window "Error while archiving folder "name" in store "Mailbox-Me". You are attempting to archive your data to a Microsoft Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File (.pst) which is a non-Unicode data file. To preserve multilingual data, you must choose a Unicode data file, such as the Microsoft Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst). See Help for more information." Is there anyway to convert the old...

How do I print the list of autocomplete email addresses/names?
I have many email addresses that have resulted from responding to incoming emails and/or keying the email address and in both case, not entering it into my contacts list. Is there a way to print these addresses/names? I have not found any reference to printing in the MS help facilities on this matter. Not natively. As we post here almost daily, you'd need to use a third party utility such as: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_autocomplete.html http://www.nk2.info/ http://www.ingressor.com/helpdesk_exchange.htm -- Russ Valentine "Gary Grant" <Gary Gran...

Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using money '02. I have been getting this message for TWO WEEKS now. I set up three accounts with no problem, then this message over and over every day. I have tried starting a new account and I still get the same message. Surely MS's server has not been down this whole time, so I guess the problem is on my end. Please Help! In microsoft.public.money, lostmymirth wrote: >I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using >money '02. I have been getting this message for T...

email
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01CAE3F5.FB5DC680 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0031_01CAE3F5.FB5DC680" ------=_NextPart_001_0031_01CAE3F5.FB5DC680 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable kellinha estou testando se consigo enviar email,bjs ------=_NextPart_001_0031_01CAE3F5.FB5DC680 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//D...

Insufficient Permissions Promoting Email In CRM 3.0
I have one CRM user who no longer has the ability to promote an email. The user receives the following message: "An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. Do you want to send the email? If you click yes the email will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft CRM". We are current in our rollups, but that does not seem to have made any difference. This user had been able to promote items up until recently and the...

SETUP
HOW DO I SET IT UP. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. Start here and look for mail settings. ht...

Outlook 2007, Advanced find
I have Outlook 2007 SP1 and find myself using the Advanced find dialogue more and more. Is there any way to save my customizations as defaults? I cannot see any way to do it and it is a right royal pain to have to customise the box each time I use it. TIA Cheers, Guy ** Stress - the condition brought about by having to ** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights ** out of someone who richly deserves it. Unfortunately this is not possible in 2007. The only thing you can do is save as a search folder, if mail items. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Ou...

Additional Exchange Email Domain
Running SBS 2003 w/Exchange. I have added another email address domain to my recipient policy and have told our hosting service to update the MX record to our server. Is this all I have to do to host email for another domain? I am getting bounce back messages saying our server can't relay messages? Why would it relay? Thanks! Is "This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail delivery to this address." checked under the new domain in the recipient policy? You will also need to have the domain checked under Generation rules in the recipient policy properties. Wi...