Settings Change

I've set up my e-mail account and been using it for about a year without any
problems.

Recently, I have had some sent and receive errors.

When checking the settings I've noticed the following

Correct settings

User me@myhost.com
Password: *****

POP: mail.myhost.com
SMTP: mail.myhost.com

Settings changed by...?

User me@myhost.com / mail.myhost.com
Password: *****

POP: localhost
SMTP: mail.myhost.com

Any ideas why this happens?

I've got a firewall and scanned for viruses - looks like I'm clean.

0
abc1949 (45)

This most likely caused by your virusscanner and/or spamfilter acting like a
proxy so it can delete messages before delivering it to Outlook. See the
documentation of your virusscanner and/or spamfilter for more info.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Backup and Restore

-----
"JEM" <abc@def.com> wrote in message
> I've set up my e-mail account and been using it for about a year without
> any
> problems.
>
> Recently, I have had some sent and receive errors.
>
> When checking the settings I've noticed the following
>
> Correct settings
>
> User me@myhost.com
> Password: *****
>
> POP: mail.myhost.com
> SMTP: mail.myhost.com
>
> Settings changed by...?
>
> User me@myhost.com / mail.myhost.com
> Password: *****
>
> POP: localhost
> SMTP: mail.myhost.com
>

> Any ideas why this happens?
>
> I've got a firewall and scanned for viruses - looks like I'm clean.

0
Roady

Outlook program on toolbar color change?
Hello, Using Outlook 7 under Windows 7 Enterprise. When I launch Outlook, the program icon is displayed on the toolbar in yellow. Is there a way to change that colour because it's sometimes hard to find it rapidly when you have opened folders on your toolbar and they are also yellow. Thanks, Luke No. The icon is hard-coded in the program. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

Styles change by themselves in publisher
When I delete unwanted Styles from Publisher 2003, they reappear next time I open the document. Styles I create change themselves - different fonts, sizes and paragraph spacings. This is driving me nuts and wasting hours of time. I can't find anything in Help! Why does this happen and how do I lock in styles to a particular document? When you change a text style in one publication, Publisher doesn't update the style in other publications. But you can open another publication and import the updated style into the first publication. You can import styles you've used in anoth...

changing cbobox row source through vba code
Hi All, I have a frame which has 2 option.Option 1 and 2. I also have a combo box. I want when option 1 in my frame is clicked, my combo box row source is "SELECT [List Model DC Query].[Model DC Fan] FROM [List Model DC Query], [Model AC Query] ORDER BY [List Model DC Query].[Model DC Fan];" and when the 2nd option of frame is clicked,it row source becomes "SELECT [Model AC Query].[Model DC Fan] FROM [List Model DC Query], [Model AC Query] ORDER BY [Model AC Query].[Model DC Fan];" please help to write the code and on what control even have to be placed. regards, cho ...

Object reference is not set to an instance of an object #2
After creating a custom entity, everything worked well. I think things went wrong after I added a N:1 relationship with Account and added the lookup field to my form view. The form seems to work but when pushing the save-button I get the following error message: "Object reference was not set to an instance of an object". If someone had any idea how I can fix this, please let me know! thx -- Erik De Cordt Assusoft nv Hi Erik, I remember having received this error in the past when I had tried to create a relationship without publishing the custom entity first. Publish the cus...

Numbers are changed in Excel?
I created a spread sheet of some stuff. I entered some serial and account numbers. For some reason that everyone but me probably knows the numbers are changed by Excel by inserting a ., a + sign, etc. hat are not as I typed. What's going on here? Thanks. I would say it's some formatting (either default or pre-existing) in those cells. Try giving all those cells the "Text" format. Then Excel won't add decimal places or signs. I -think- Excel won't let you do math with those values (unless you convert them first), but you probably don't need to add or subtra...

"Do you want to save changes" not working...
I copied an excel chart into powerpoint as "Excel Chart (entire workbook)" so that it would not have any links to the orginal worksheet. When I then go in to edit the data the changes are made to the chart however if I close the powerpoint presentation it does not ask me if I want to save my changes, and when I reopen the presentation the chart goes back to the orginal data. If I consciously save the presentation before closing it, the changes made, however I'm afraid I might close it without remembering to save it since I'm not prompted. Is this a problem wi...

How to change the file associated with Windows Media Player Add-on
Hello, My home computer is not playing streaming video correctly, while my office computer can. I compare their settings and find one difference between them. At home, the file associated with Windows Media Player under the Manage Add-on dialog box is msdxm.ocx. At work, the file is wmpdxm.dll. I want to change the home computer setting to be the same as that for office computer. How can I change the file to point to wmpdxm.dll? Thanks in advance. Herbert Try microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player newsgroup. Herbert Chan wrote: > Hello, > > My home c...

Setting a limit to the number of characters on an Edit box..
How do you set a character limit on an edit box? Use CEdit::SetLimitText: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/c4db48kc.aspx -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <kefkastudio@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1157049125.043635.81750@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > How do you set a character limit on an edit box? > You can do this using SetLimitText() in CEdit. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/75bh1f1t.aspx Tom <kefkastudio@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1157049125.043635.81750@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > How do you set a characte...

How do change the pixels per inch/
On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 05:09:02 +0000, computerdummy wrote (in article <EA2B31CE-EF75-4488-8A5F-9EA60E1C2E56@microsoft.com>): > You see that nice white space, below where you just typed? That's where you type the message - MS has even given you instructions on what to do - any they're written in plain English that any idiot could understand. The subject should be kept for a brief pr�cis of your problem. Could you please enlighten us as to what, exactly, you're trying to accomplish? Are you designing a website or print media? Why do you think you need to change the ...

Changing daylight causes movement outlook appointments
Hello, everywhere on my clients and servers are the automattically adjust daylight saving changes disabled. But they need to turned on. so i starting too test en what is found was horrable for my users. al the appointments jump one hour forward. can i workaround this problem (don't know of it is a microsoft problem, but it is mine :) ) so the appointments won't jump one hour? im using Windows XP sp1 and Office XP sp2 Thnx in regard, Marcel Henderik See if the information in the following MSKB article helps...it talks about time zones rather than daylight saving time, but the wo...

Wildcard in change event ??
Is it possible to use a wildcard in change event code Case Is = "HP" colour = 41 Can the Case Is be used to look for instances of "HP" amongst other text like a concatenate formula? -- Tracey @ BrisVegas examples and your code? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Tracey" <Tracey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3824F8DD-53A0-420C-A63E-89905EFFF33F@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to use a wildcard in change event code > > Case Is = "H...

Change the servicecalendar form
I need to change the service calendar form. This form should be customizeable under Serviceactivity and under Ressource. But when this form is opened the result is the Ressource-form and the Serviceactivity form. I also need to make changes to the sevicescheduling form - is this possible ? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-base...

How to change OL 2007 storage location?
I would like to move my mail archive off drive C into another partition. Is there a way to do this and can folders be placed in separate files such that OL 2007 can use them as working files? Thanks, John. Yes, just move the .PST file and then change the account settings for the mailbox that points to it. But its all or nothing, all of the folders under the same email account have to point to the same .PST file, you can't have the INBOX and SENT in one .PST and the CALENDAR, CONTACTS and TASKS in another. You can have the .PST's for each email account in different ...

Change meeting don't send update
I want to change a meeting (in this case change the time by half an hour). I don't want to send an update to the attendee/s. The only options I get are "Save changes and send update" or "Don't save". I want to save the changes but not update. How can I make a change but not update people? If I remove the attendeed from the To box, it still wants to send an update, so presumably it is still registering them as people to say "you are no longer involved but I'll tell you anyway". If I click the "Cancel Meeting" button, it seems to wa...

Problems reading Spanish character set
I use outlook mail with word as the editor running on Windows XP. I have a Spanish keyboard. If I go to Control Panel-> Date, Time,Language,Regional Options-> Add Other Languages ->Languages-> Text Services and Input Languages->Details I get the following settings: Default Input Language: Spanish (traditional sort) Installed Services-: ES Spanish (International Sort) Advanced Text Services lnk Correction Keyboard Spanish Now, when I type, all is wel...

Outlook Subject Changing
Hi All, We have a user in a fully operation CRM network. He occasionally notices that the odd recieved e-mail has a changed subject line to that with which it was originally recieved. I.e, an e-mail initially recieved with the subject 'Test 123456' may alter to another subject line of a previously promoted (but un-related) e-mail within CRM e.g 'Graham Smith CRM: 0005545'. Has anyone also had this issue? ...

How to change the default datetime format for Windows Server 2003
As per the topic, I need to know how to change the default or the master datetime format for Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition. My problem is as such. One of my applications is working under the IIS, and thus getting the date and time from it. The IIS is running under local system and does not change the date time when I change if for the logged in user. Not even when I'm logged in as local administrator. My program take in dd/MM/yyyy but however it seems like the server is always default to M/d/yyyy or MM/dd/yyyy. So, how can i change the default setting so that it...

Who is changing my #$@# mouse cursor??
I wrote a custom control. On portions of this custom control, I change the mouse cursor to the hand cursor. I do this by handling the WM_SETCURSOR message and calling SetCursor(). All appeared to be working fine til QA happened to notice that if they hold down ALT-Z (an invalid menu accelerator that just causes the OS to beep) while mousing over my control, it sometimes flashes the normal arrow cursor when it should be showing the hand cursor. I can't for the life of me figure out who is changing this... these are the steps I've taken so far: 1) check, double checked and triple...

outlook xp account settings
in outlook 2000 there was a way to back up account information via the tools>accounts, i often have to switch computers and am looking for a way to do the same thing in outlook xp ...

Setting Up a Recurring Meeting for 3rd Tuesday of Each Month
I know this is a basic question, but we just migrated from Lotus Notes to Outlook and I am having trouble finding features.... How do I set up a meeting to occur the 3rd Tueday of each month? I found the repeating option, but if I say repeat every 4th week, it doesn't necessarily fall on the 3rd Tuesday. Is there a way to do this without the add-in (Corporate Apps does now allow us to purchase / add add-ins for software due to "security" reasons). You don't state a) what version of Outlook you're using b) whether or not you're connecting to an Exchange server...

xsd.exe Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
I am trying to generate a class from an xsd and i get this error. Microsoft (R) Xml Schemas/DataTypes support utility [Microsoft (R) .NET Framework, Version 1.1.4322.573] Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1998-2002. All rights reserved. Error: Error generating classes for schema 'adf_message'. - Object reference not set to an instance of an object. If you would like more help, please type "xsd /?". The XSD files all validate in VS.Net and in XMLspy. I can't find any documentation to help track down what this means or how to correct this. Could someone point me i...

Convert from Excel and change field to Autonumber
Hi, I have an Excel file which I have opened in Access to create an access table which is fine. I am now quickly going through the fields to tweak them to what they should be but the Excel file was created from a Lotus Approach database that had a field which was autonumber. Obviously when I try to change the field in the Access database it tells me that it can not do this as there is data in the table. What is the proper procedure to do this and either make the field an autonumber field during conversion or after? -- Dan Pickard ----------------------------- Powerful Windows 2003 ...

New account
I created an account and at the initial set up assigned it "business" purpose. I would like to change the "business" purpose to "personal" but can not find how to do it. any help would be greatly appreciated. "Dmitriy" <Dmitriy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005BD6B9-81C1-4944-9A6F-8FEC374E110C@microsoft.com... >I created an account and at the initial set up assigned it "business" >purpose. > I would like to change the "business" purpose to "personal" but can not > find > how to do...

Trying to change txt color from message map function
HI, My menu has a option that changes the text color. so I have my OnPaint() function but I am trying to call the DC from another function in same class.. what am I doing wrong? void CChildView::OnTextBlack() { // TODO: Add your command handler code here CDC* pDC = GetDC(); pDC->SetTextColor(RGB(0,0,0)); pDC->TextOut(mPt.x, mPt.y, mStr); ReleaseDC(pDC); mCount = 1; Invalidate(); } I changed my approach to ON_COMMAND_RANGE... and came up with this... it worked... but why not the first code? void CChildView::OnTextColor(UINT nID) { CClientDC dc(this); switch(nID) { ca...

How do I set up a botton on Excel 2003 to go to the next sheet?
I want to create a "Next Page Button" on an Excel 2003 spreadsheet to go to the next sheet. When entries are complete a person can just click the "button" and go to the next steps (next sheet) in the spreadsheet. Thanks, Bruce You CAN press Ctrl/Page down, but if you insist on a button: Sub NextSheet() On Error Resume Next 'may be on last sheet Sheets(Activesheet.Index+1).Activate End Sub "Bruce" wrote: > I want to create a "Next Page Button" on an Excel 2003 spreadsheet to go to > the next sheet. When entries are ...