Setting spelling default

I have W2kSP4 with Office XP SP3.
When I write an email and prior to sending, it checks the
spelling. It comes up with English (US). I have checked
the default in Tools/Options/Spelling and it advises
correctly that the language is English (UK). What do I do
to permanently set the default to English (UK)?? Thanks R
0
anonymous (74722)

How to reset and reinstall default websites (RWW,OWA,OMA,etc..)
I have some problems on a SBS2003 R2 Standard Edition that I need to manage. I want to enable to users OWA and RWW but trying to connect at websites I receive an error from IE : "Unable to connect to page" (url:res://ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff.htm#) Only "companyweb" work. Thinking at some dns issue, I tried to connect using the numerical ip (http://192.168.1.250/exchange) without results. Considered that the internal websites (companyweb included) was never used, is there a way to reset all and to restore the original configuration ? Thank you for sup...

Default picture frame size
I want to set a default picture frame size, but the "Apply settings to new objects" checkbox in the format picture option is greyed out On 27 Apr 2004 11:11, Rachel <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to set a default picture frame size, but the "Apply settings to >new objects" checkbox in the format picture option is greyed out You can't do that with picture frames. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. So if I wan...

Set Association
New to the forums~ Hope this is good enough explanation.. I've had my external harddrive for about a year now and had never had problems with it and vista.. A few days ago I turned both on but when I tried accessing my external harddive (J:\) I get this message.. J:\ This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Association control panel. I went to the control panel, but was at a complete loss as to what to do.. -- KemikalQueen 'This file does not have a program associated with it - what d...

Setting up out of office reply on exchange server 5.5
Hello, Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with internet mail connector, using SMTP/POP. Thank you Leo wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather > than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is > off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with > internet mail connector, using SMTP/POP. I'm confused - where does POP...

Count a value excluding duplicates depending on a set criteria
Hi, hope someone can help, I have data that has multiple entrys for a date, but I only want to count each day as one using a formula in excel 2007. A B C D 1 Dept Crew Type Date 2 301 A 1 1/02/2009 3 302 C 2 1/02/2009 4 301 A 1 1/02/2009 5 301 A 1 2/02/2009 6 302 C 2 1/02/2009 7 303 D 2 1/02/2009 8 301 B 1 9/02/2009 9 301 A 2 1/02/2009 10 303 D 2 9/02/2009 E.g. I want to know how many days a crew worked in the above, 'Dept' = "301", 'Crew' = "A", 'Type' = "1", how many days. Would equal 2 days. One way... ...

how to enforce a character set
Hello all... We have an Exchange 2003 and along with it we have the GFI Mail Essential program.Since I'm in Greece in the disclaimer we have a greek text. When someone sends a mail using only english characters at the receiving end the encoding used it's us-ascii ror something like that with a result the Greek part of the disclaimer to be filled with question marks. This happens allthough I have enforced through Internet Message Format to use Greek encoding. My question is why is that happening ? I mean shouldn't Exchange apply the character set that I have selected for my domain ...

Detect Default namespace (Unkown)
I am trying to parse out an XMl file and have it all working except there are occasions whe the default namesapce will change and i need to account for it. The namespace can be xmlns="http://data.usgs.gov/mag/1.0" or xmlns="http://data.usgs.gov/mag/2.0" or xmlns="http://data.usgs.gov/dec/2.8" These are examples and there could be many more.The data is more or less in the same format as far as nodes and node names but how do I account for the various namespaces. I will not know these ahead of time so was hoping there was a way to parse these out of the h...

DEFAULT EMAIL ACCOUNT QUESTION
Is it possible not to select a default email account so that each time, the computer asks which account to send an email with? In other words, can you not have any account set as default? Thank you. No, a default account is required for Outlook to process mail. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, its_my_dime asked: | Is it possible not to select a default email account so that each | time, the computer asks which...

can a password be set in outlook 2003 to stop other people lookin
can a password be set in outlook 2003 to stop other people looking at your e-mail "Johntelo" <Johntelo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B224B5E8-4F09-442B-B2A9-052FD39F6793@microsoft.com... > can a password be set in outlook 2003 to stop other people looking at your > e-mail You can password-protet your pst file to stop people opening it, but once you have opened it, then people are obviously free to browse. In that case you need to lock your computer before you leave it....(Windows Key + L).... ...

Can't set Word as email editor in Outlook 2003
I'm recovering from a system crash and am having trouble getting Outlook 2003 working correctly again. I want to use Word 2003 as my email editor, but when I go to: Tools, Options, Mail Format the boxes for "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages" and "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to resd Rich Text e-mail messages" are grayed out. I did a complete Windows Professional reinstallation and added all SPs and patches.Windows Update says I am 100% up to date. I did the same thing with Microsoft Office Professional 2003, everything is current. I used to...

reviewing toolbar: setting track changes
Hello, In Excel my reviewing toolbar won't show the track changes button it should. Could anyone tell me how to set this correctly? Thanks, Hanspeter Amend that could just be a MS Word function. Edward "liglin" <liglinlillibli@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:db9bdb31.0311130916.4467a272@posting.google.com... > Hello, > In Excel my reviewing toolbar won't show the track changes button it > should. Could anyone tell me how to set this correctly? > > Thanks, > Hanspeter Amend ...

Set the number of line characters in Outlook (Plain Text)?
I need to set the line characters in Outlook so they don't look awkward when emails I send are received. I assume 68 characters may be a good length, but I have been unable to locate where to make adjustments. "LKV" <LKV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD89E737-801C-4BE4-BE7C-9FBD66999BCE@microsoft.com... >I need to set the line characters in Outlook so they don't look awkward when > emails I send are received. I assume 68 characters may be a good length, but > I have been unable to locate where to make adjustments. You didn'...

Custom number format always defaults last number to 0.
I am trying to format cells to input credit card numbers in Excell 2000. When I set up a custom number format for four sets of four numbers (####-####-####-####) the result always changes the last number to a 0. How do I overcome that? Excel only lets 15 digits be used in numbers To have the 16th number most people use text. "scubadave" wrote: > I am trying to format cells to input credit card numbers in Excell 2000. > When I set up a custom number format for four sets of four numbers > (####-####-####-####) the result always changes the last number to a 0. How...

What file keeps Excel's Default settings is it normal.dot
Is Excel similar to Word that many of a person's preferences are stored in the file normal.dot? If not where would I find the prefernces stored. Can I delete the file as I do in Word as a test? Thanks Alex The preferences are stored in a template named book.xlt in the XLStart directory. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Alex S" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3f0801c3aab6$04c84770$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is Excel similar to Word that many of a person's > preferences are stored in the file normal...

Message size limit settings/Ex2010
Hi All. I have a Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2010 in the same site communicating just fine. I created a new mailbox database on the Ex2010 server called Journal Mailbox Database, and in this database I have a user which I use for Journaling. The Ex2003 and 2010 server both use this user for Journaling. I am getting some messages stuck in the Submission Queue, Message source name Default:Ex2010 server, .SendSizeLimit.Sender; message too large for this sender. These messages are above the 10meg default limit that Exchange defaults to, and they are all going to the Journaling us...

XmlNamespaceManager, default namespaces, nested qualified namespace, xpath problem.
Hi, I can't for the life of me get this to work properly. I've searched for examples, but none of the examples quite match my environment. Here is my XML (please treat this as immutable -- no solutions involving altering the XML are good for me): ---- config.xml ---- <Configuration xmlns="urn:server:schemas:configuration" xmlns:f="urn:server:schemas:faq"> <version version="0.0.0001"> <f:faq> <f:section>Default</f:section> <f:item> <f:q>What is the mean...

setting visual state of a button when button does not have focus
Hi all, I put some CButtons on a CDialog. I created a boolean variable for each of the buttons. If I click a button, I set its variable to TRUE, on the next click I set it to FALSE. So by clicking a button I toggle the state of its boolean variable. The problem: I need the visual state of the button to look pressed when the variable is TRUE and unpressed when it is set to FALSE. I tried it by this code m_ctrl_u.SetState(m_u); It even works (button looks pressed / unpressed), but as soon as I change focus to the next button, the previous button looks unpressed, no matter the state of...

Getting "default" value from table
I have four tables, Vehicle Entries, Jobs and Parts Used and Parts. These tables are connected with one to many relationship in the order they are written (i.e. one entry has many jobs, for one job many parts are used etc). In the parts table I store the Part ID, Description and Price. In the parts used table I store an ID, PartID and Price. I've created a form with all the elements of the parts used table. What I want to do, is when I select a Part ID, I want the price corresponding to the specific part (from parts table) to be written automatically in the price field of the parts u...

Out of Office set-up with an exchage server help wanted
Hi I am trying to configure the Out of Office Assistant in Outlook 2000 & 2002. i don't use an exchnage server. Does anyone have any links to sites with step-by-step details on setting this up and creating an oft template? Sean Did you start this quest by reading http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;248830? -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Sean" <fake@fake.com.au> wrote in message news:hmcb10h0ia7adv4f5v2u07aaaqa3o0gjbq@4ax.com... > > Hi > > I am trying to...

setting up an IIS server to relay email to Exchange in DMZ, through two ISA firewalls.
Hello Sorry about the big mail list, but my question involves 3 different expertise, so I am not sure where to post. In a nutshell what I am trying to do is the following. a) Get IIS, in an anonymous access DMZ, to pick email from my ISP through an ISA server 2004 firewall I haven't figured out yet how to get the mail server to pick up email, I could publish the SMTP server on the external firewall, but all email is currently being sent to my ISP and I quite like this because they can take care of a lot of spam filtering, virus etc. problems for me. b) I then want IIS to forward the...

Southern University Jaguars Stainless Steel Can Cooler with Foam Insert (Set of Two)
List Price:$23.80 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B0002BTWHY Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0002BTWHY You can't go wrong with our stainless steel drinkware, featuring the Southern University Jaguars logo imprinted! The Can Cooler features high quality foam lining and a padded scratch proof bottom. ...

Page breaks shift after preview/setting print pref
I have a small database (16 pages; 659 rows/13 columns) where the page break consistantly shifts from its forced position (i.e. I have manually placed the breaks where needed). It is saved with new position intact, etc., but still shifts when either reopened or after previewing and/or setting printing preferences. Others opening the workbook from other PC have different page break settings than mine... What is the user interface error here? :-) Thanks for any feedback, no matter how embarressing... -- Always hoping to learn, Lara :-) If you have the bag filled to the brim, then j...

Page setup setting not being saved
There appears to be a problem (at least with Access 2000) not saving the margins for a specific report - Any ideas ? Rob Any chance that the Tools | Options | (general tab) -- Track Name Autocorrect info is checked? That caused a know problem with report definitions in some versions of Access. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Rob" <robc1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3-qdneidKdx8ZjnbnZ2dnUVZ_jKdnZ2d@comcast.com... > There appears to be a problem (at least with Access 2000) not saving the > margins for a specific report - Any ideas ? > ...

Referenced cells from other Excel files and need to permanently set cells
Sorry if the subject is confusing, but let me try to explain it better. I am currently using Excel 2007 to create a master file which pulls information from the second worksheet as well as from several other files. The problem is that I want to save a single master file with a single worksheet that doesn't need the other information. I know that if the other files are moved, the master file will still work, only with the "would you like to update?" popup at startup. However, if I try to delete the second worksheet, some of the information in the master file goes missing. I g...

outlook email account settings
In Internet E-mail Settings under Advanced tab Delivery I select Leave a copy of messages on the server, and Remove form server when deleted from "Deleted items." Within a few hours, when I check the settings, both check marks have vanished! This happens repeatedly. Any ideas appreciated. "echaney" <echaney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDCFB0C9-C7DA-4FFC-A4CE-0B11065570A9@microsoft.com... > In Internet E-mail Settings under Advanced tab Delivery I select Leave a > copy > of messages on the server, and Remove form serv...