Setting default program for viewing pictures

How do I set the default program for viewing picture
attachments? I use Outlook Express 6 and when I click to
open an attached picture it opens to JASC Paint Shop Pro
8 but no picture appears. In the past Explorer opened up
my pictures. Can any one give me the steps to change the
default from paint Shop to Explorer??

0
anonymous (74719)

Hi Digitdan,

	Change the program that starts when you open a file
http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HP051925951033&C
TT=1&Origin=EC790000701033&QueryID=bSa5KrD4N0&Query=Change+the+program+that+
starts+when+you+open+a+file&Scope=TC%2cHP%2cHA%2cRC%2cFX%2cES%2cEP%2cDC%2cXT

Many file types in Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 2000 are registered to
be opened by a particular program. For example, Notepad starts when you
want to open a text (.txt) file. You can change the program that starts
when you open a file of a certain type.

In My Computer or Windows Explorer, click the Tools menu, click Folder
Options, and then click the File Types tab.
In the Registered file types list, click the file type you want to open
with a different program, and then click Change.
In the Open With dialog box, select the program you want to use, and then
click OK.
Click OK in the Folder Options dialog box.

Please let me know has this helped You...
Thank you...
Raghu...

raghupg (61)
6/15/2004 11:10:59 PM
Digitdan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> How do I set the default program for viewing picture
> attachments? I use Outlook Express 6 and when I click to
> open an attached picture it opens to JASC Paint Shop Pro
> 8 but no picture appears. In the past Explorer opened up
> my pictures. Can any one give me the steps to change the
> default from paint Shop to Explorer??

Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup.
--
Brian Tillman
0
Raghu Prakash <raghupg@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Change the program that starts when you open a file

http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HP051925951033&C

TT=1&Origin=EC790000701033&QueryID=bSa5KrD4N0&Query=Change+the+program+that+

starts+when+you+open+a+file&Scope=TC%2cHP%2cHA%2cRC%2cFX%2cES%2cEP%2cDC%2cXT

Don't encourage off-topic posting by answering Outlook Express quesitons in
an Outlook group.  Direct them to the Outlook Express newsgroup.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

Viewing recurring Items
I've just set up about 14 annually recurring items in my calendar. When I go to View-Current View-Recurring Items it only shows those items that occur weekly. Similarly when I go to View-Current View-by category it displays NONE of these items even though they have all been categorised with the same category. What's going on? (They display in the day-week-month view perfectly normally....) "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:%23YnlScKkHHA.2272@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I've just set up about 14 annually recurring items in my cale...

owa doesnt display a login dialog and wont send picture attachments in exchange 2000
one user out of several doenst get a login dialog when he goes to owa for exchange 2000. it's as if his computer is eternally loged in anyone can walk up to his computer and goto the url server/exchange and go right into his inbox without it prompting for a user name and password. thats' real secure, just what we need here in the "enterprise" the other problem, is that he , unlike all the other users, cannot attach a picture to his email from owa. when he clicks on attach it doesnt do anything. his machine is running xp pro with sp2 just like other users. On 25 May 2006 1...

How to set backcolour

Changing Default Recipient Policy
Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved in changing the Default Recipient Policy? What exactly are trying to accomplish? -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CF17444-BCBE-414F-9950-FB5B3EF78FF0@microsoft.com... > Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved in > changing the Default Recipient Policy? > Our default policy is @companyname.local and will not send NDR's externally. http://suppo...

Installation Program Problem XP home
I have a problem with my computer. My computer doesn't install programs downloaded from the internet and i have just reformatted it. What should i do? And the setup appears and when installation begins it disappears but the ..exe of the program on the task manager appears functional. When you hit the download button are you saving or opening? Could be your temp cache is full and it can't handle the download. In Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, delete files. (In IE7, delete, delete files). -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ new...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

Unable to use filter in datasheet view or add criteria to query in design view
Hello all, I have a question regarding a custom function. The query results can't be filtered nor can a criteria be used in the design window to filter/ restrict the records. The function returns the correct answer for all the cases but I need the functionality to filter the results. Here is purpose, input and output and example uses: Purpose: If given 2 dates, a month and a year, the function returns the number of days that fall between the start and enddates, in the given month and year. Example 1, My_Function(#1/1/2010#, #1/15/2010#, 1,2010) Returns 14 BTW - 14 is c...

How do I set OOR

Opening to a default tab?
Hello, Is there a way to get a workbook to default to a certain tab when opening the file? I noticed that it opens to whatever page was open when last saved but I want it to always open to the first sheet regardless. Any ideas? Thank you in advance, Joe Use the Workbook_open event in ThisWorkbook module or an auto_open macro in a regular module sub auto_open() sheets("mysheet").select end sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Joe" <Joe@home.com> wrote in message news:eZpp9EUKEHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is there a wa...

Office programs going into "not responding" state
I have Office XP Professional installed on a relatively new laptop (8 Months old) which is running Win Vista Home Premium. All (office programs) hav run successfully until recently. A few weeks ago - working in Outlook - with no provocation I suddenly had an 'hourglass' running - and an "Outlook not responding" message in the title bar. Within a fw seconds, the application slightly greys -out with the 'hourglass' still spinning - and the entire thing is non-responsive - only way out is to close the app.. This only effected Outlook until yesterday - but ha...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

Set Focus

outlook 2003 resetting default folders
After following a tutorial on customizing personal folders in Outlook 2003, I changed the settings. After living with it for a few hours, I decided to move all my email back into the inbox and delete the personal folders and rules I set earlier. Now I can't view any of my emails. I can see that there's unread emails ny the number in the parentheses, but I can't view them. Please tell me how to get my outlook back to the default settings. TIA, Sophia Solved the problem. There's a tool w/in the program called "scanpst.exe". It must be run with outlook closed....

Form not opening in Datasheet view via the switchboard
I have a form that is to display a table in datasheet view. It works fine when I click it directly i.e. it opens in datasheet view. Unfortunately when I try to open it via the switchboard thru a button it opens the form in form view. Could someone assist I think I might need to write "datasheet" in the event procedure. Thanks! MSA "MSA" <MSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47FDC06F-A8D5-47E5-8E3E-7787C56838A8@microsoft.com... >I have a form that is to display a table in datasheet view. It works fine > when I click it directly i.e. it open...

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...

MS Windows Explorer programming using VC++ ???
Hi I am writing a simple application to set up custom button control in MS windows explorer... Its like I shall be clicking on the button control and it shall be activating my custom program on the files/directories currently under selection... Having searched through a lot of MSDN stuff,, i could not find a way good enought to support me in my programming... Kindly suggest what needs to be done.... I am building this application in Microsoft Visual C++ using MFC... Also my platform is X86 with Windows 2000 Thanks in advance.. Regards, a.a.cpp I suggest reading the The Comple...