Set specific template in Outlook

Hi,

Is there any way via C# or vbs i can set witch template outlook uses
when the user starts his Outlook, and just general settings, its a pain
in the *** to do it manually on 100+ machines....

Or how do you do this, I would love to hear other ways to manage this...

kind regards
0
news04 (4)

Maybe, if you define wht you mean by "template Outlook uses when the user
starts his Outlook."

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"news.microsoft.dk" <news04@syska.dk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way via C# or vbs i can set witch template outlook uses when
> the user starts his Outlook, and just general settings, its a pain in the
> *** to do it manually on 100+ machines....
>
> Or how do you do this, I would love to hear other ways to manage this...
>
> kind regards

0
suemvp (4038)
2/4/2005 12:15:53 PM
Hi Sue,

I mean the mail signature, I have a logon script that copies the mail
signature to the computer when the users logon, but they have to set it
as the active signature them selves, can that be done with a script of
some kind?

kind regards

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> Maybe, if you define wht you mean by "template Outlook uses when the user
> starts his Outlook."

0
news04 (4)
2/4/2005 12:52:14 PM
And the Outlook version is?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Mikael Syska" <news04@syska.dk> wrote in message
> Hi Sue,
>
> I mean the mail signature, I have a logon script that copies the mail
> signature to the computer when the users logon, but they have to set it as
> the active signature them selves, can that be done with a script of some
> kind?
>
> kind regards
>
> Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
>> Maybe, if you define wht you mean by "template Outlook uses when the user
>> starts his Outlook."

0
suemvp (4038)
2/4/2005 1:24:32 PM
Hi again Sue,

Sorry for the delay.

Its MS Outlook 2003 with SP1, on a windows XP with SP2.

Dont think there are more to know, if so, just tell me.

kind regards

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> And the Outlook version is?

0
news04 (4)
2/7/2005 7:05:44 AM
And the original question was? The newsgroup interface you are using
apparently does not quote earlier messages in the thread, making your latest
message so short on detail that you risk not getting the answer you're
looking for. Please take the time to quote the original message.
--

> Hi again Sue,
>
> Sorry for the delay.
>
> Its MS Outlook 2003 with SP1, on a windows XP with SP2.
>
> Dont think there are more to know, if so, just tell me.
>
> kind regards
>
> Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
>> And the Outlook version is?

0
suemvp (4038)

setting up new outlook mail account

mail merge in outlook
Is it possible to add attachments to an email sent using mail merge in Outlook? Not natively. You'd need third party software: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.asp#massmail -- Russ Valentine "Jane" <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08C4BA38-F190-4D7D-93A6-2F3825523465@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to add attachments to an email sent using mail merge in > Outlook? No, that's not possible without a 3rd party add-in or some VBA scripting. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/65 -- Robert Sparnaaij ...

Outlook HTML signatures, with graphics
Hi I have created a HTML signature, which uses a company logo, as a graphic. I created the HTML file, and copied the actual Signature, directly into Outlook, using the 'Advanced Edit' feature, which allows Word to be used as the editor. All works fine. I can send mails to other users, and my signature is fine. It also appears fine when received at the other side. However, if a user sends me a mail, which I reply to, or forward, my signature is attached. The formatting takes place (ie. the HTML works), and the signature is displayed, however the graphics are not shown. They are inste...

How do I import messages in Eudora 7 into Outlook 2007?
I have always used Eudora for my email but now I would like to use Outlook for my business email and keep Eudora for my personal email. I have the addresses set up and am receiving new emails in Outlook, but I would like to move the messages previously downloaded by Eudora into Outlook to keep everything together. How can I accomplish it? See what formats Eudora will export to, that Outlook can import. Maybe csv format Or Export msgs from Eudora to Outlook Express (Assuming not a Vista PC) then in Express Export to Outlook "jmstruwe" <jmstruwe@discussions.microsoft.com&...

OWA Set Rule problem

Outlook 2003 hangs on exit
When closing Outlook 2003, the icon remains in the systray and the process continues to run. Forced to terminate OUTLOOK.EXE process in order to restart Outlook. Any ideas? Look for 3rd party applications that are holding it open for data use. (Activesync, WinFax, Antivirus) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "kmeszaros@landam.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081601c3b3ab$ef4e6e20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When closing Outlook 2003, the icon remains in the > systr...

Outlook Express like address book window
Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of addresses in one's default address book, much like that in Outlook Express? Thanks for any input Outlook is not Express so probably not. Why do you not use your contacts folder in Outlook? List it in phone list view. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Curtis Vaughan asked: | Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of | add...

How to set backcolour

Outlook 2003 Disconnected from Exchange Server 2003, will not reconnect.
Two days ago after setting up a mobile phone to act as a modem for my laptop, testing it, and disabling the dial-up connection associated with it, and reconnecting to my domain and usual network (non-GPRS) I find that I can no longer connect to my Exchange Server. The "Working Offline" icon shows up in the lower-right hand corner of the Outlook Client window, and when I uncheck "Work Offline", I get prompted for a username and password. Normally, I should just be able to cancel out of this window and Outlook works fine again. However, since two days ago, it does not. Th...

i can not see any mails inside archieve folders in outlook?
I transferred my mails and folders from outlook express to outlook 2007 successfully. It was 9.6 gb in total. I have archieved individual folders. However, i can see only structure (tree of folders) and there is nothing inside any folders. What could be the proble. Is there any other way to do archieve. I have downloaded back tool and done back up of outlook.pst. But i want to use archieve feature alsp. Sunil Dhanuka wrote: > I transferred my mails and folders from outlook express to outlook 2007 > successfully. It was 9.6 gb in total. I have archieved individual folders...

Outlook Client Auto Update Permissions #2
Can the Outlook Client Auto Update be run by users without administrative permissions? ...

outlook folder sychronization
I am having trouble shutting down, outlook starts to sychronize the folders everytime I close. It seems to be looking for a server or something. At comptuer shut down it says outlook.exc is still running, even thou outlook is visably not there but the icon still shows outlook sychronizing. Is there a setting I need to turn off? Help "Steve Outlook" <SteveOutlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F50E01E-C0C0-4CB4-A37C-D891707D9C14@microsoft.com... >I am having trouble shutting down, outlook starts to sychronize the folders > everytime I close. It s...

How do I configure my hand-held to get email from Outlook?
I am trying to configure my Versamail program that exists on my Palm Zire72, to pick up my email when I Hotsynch. I need to configure the software and I have tried several different methods but I remain unsuccessful. I subscribe to Hotmail, which is my main account, and it goes to my Outlook Express 6. Can anyone tell me how to configure this in a clear, step-by-step way? Not sure about this, BUT, what I am sure of is you should ask in this news group: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress Am not saying that they can answer it, but... "Second Isaiah" &l...

File format specification
Can anybody please recommend a document giving the detail of the ASCII file specification relating to the importation of data into EXCEL from an external application Thank you very much I'm not sure I understand your question. Wouldn't the specification be dependent upon the layout of the text file. And text files could have lots of different formats. Nick wrote: > > Can anybody please recommend a document giving the detail of the ASCII file > specification relating to the importation of data into EXCEL from an > external application > > Thank you very much ...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Cannot delete mail in Outlook Express
I could not an Outlook Express user group so I will post my problem here. All of a sudden I received multiple copies of the same emails. I could delete most of them but some will not delete. Would appreciate your help. Mo "M Weiss" <m2weiss@verizon.net> wrote in message news:EwcPi.15456$Cd7.10143@trnddc03... >I could not an Outlook Express user group This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003/2007 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an O...

why does the Microsoft Outlook to ask me to start in Safe Mode?
I bought Office 2003 recently. It seem to mess up my email account. In news:1DFE1F2E-8603-4E66-BCF3-1B4664A3ED2F@microsoft.com, Annerose <Annerose@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I bought Office 2003 recently. It seem to mess up my email account. Sorry, not enough info to go on. I'm presuming you upgraded - from what? Please repost with a lot more detail, including the kind of email account you use. Use the subject line for a concise summary of your question, but put all the details (including the question) in the body of your post, in order to get the most help. RE: ...

build chart template; then add series one by one
Hello -- This chart will plot data imported from one or more text files. We want 2 buttons on a UserForm which will allow the user to 1 - erase the old chart and build a new chart "structure" 2 - import one series (in text file) at a time and plot it on the chart (this code works) "Structure" means: 1 - rectangle representing the chart area 1 - chart title 3 - Y axis major gridlines 4 - Y axis scale = range 0 to 5 5 - Y axis title blank 6 - X axis scale = blank 7 - X axis title ' "Time in seconds" 9 - no legend I have been able to achieve this result only ...

error in outlook express.
Error message says connection to server has failed but I get internet access through same server as far as I know. It says socket error 10061 error number 0x800CCC0E. It was working fine yesterday. Bummer - have you tried posting this to an Outlook Express group? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, geoff asked: | Error message says connection to server...

Reading Pane Settings

Appointment duration different between Outlook and MS-CRM
Does anyone know why an All Day Event on Outlook and an All Day Event in MS-CRM have different durations. It seems that an All Day Event in MS-CRM is calculated based on the individuals start and end times in their CRM user record but an Outlook All Day Event is the full 24 hours regardless of the start and end time you set up in Calendar options. This makes it difficult to use CRM for reporting the total amount of time spent working on a lead or opportunity if individuals are creating all day appointments in Outlook and synchronizing the data back to MS-CRM Any ideas? -- Simon Morri...