Set Category while composing a new message

Hi, What is the fastest way to specify categories while composing a new message? i couldn't find the "Categories" tab\button as part of the new message ribbon.
0
omtechguy (2)

Categories are not available when you compose messages -its a privacy
feature as it would be sent with the message and the recipient will see it.
See http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/send_categories.asp for a solution.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com

On 8/2/2011 10:59 AM, OmTechGuy OmTechGuy wrote:
> Hi, What is the fastest way to specify categories while composing a new message? i couldn't find the "Categories" tab\button as part of the new message ribbon.
0
outlookmvp (5838)

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

How do I import messages in Eudora 7 into Outlook 2007?
I have always used Eudora for my email but now I would like to use Outlook for my business email and keep Eudora for my personal email. I have the addresses set up and am receiving new emails in Outlook, but I would like to move the messages previously downloaded by Eudora into Outlook to keep everything together. How can I accomplish it? See what formats Eudora will export to, that Outlook can import. Maybe csv format Or Export msgs from Eudora to Outlook Express (Assuming not a Vista PC) then in Express Export to Outlook "jmstruwe" <jmstruwe@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Messages in the deferred delivery queue following MS article Q315631
Hi, I need to forward all missaddressed emails to a single mailbox so carried out the instructions at this support article http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315631. Unfortunately email that is to be sent to the second SMTP server with the event sink stays in the deferred messages queue and is never delivered to the other SMTP virtual server. MailBasketMD is not an option currently as valid inbound email dissappears when it is active. I'm not saying that it a fault with the software but it just doesn't seem compatible with our current setup (migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003...

"Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store" option problem
I want to backup the all message sent or received by mailboxes, I find that there is an option "Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store " in Exchanger 2003. I had selected this option and forward to public folder. But I found that not all message will be archived. - All message sent by mailboxes can be archived - Some Messages come from mailboxes will not be archived Eg: yahoo, hotmail, and other company Is this option not archive this message ? Any other setting need to configure ? Dennis ...

After Send/Receive is initiated, "new messages" appears but no new
After send/receive is initiated, "new messages preceded by a number appears in lower right but there are no new messages in any of the folders. Please advise. Also, mail rules have disappeared. Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "PedalrsInn" <PedalrsInn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:2C662A30-FC48-4A2E-B74E-F70552E00217@microsoft.com... > After send/receive is initiated,...

How to set backcolour

Error message
Converting from 2003 to 2007 excel and using pivot tables with data from a database. I attempt to link in the table from access I get this error message: "You cannot choose a connection file that is incompatible with the existing connection". What does this mean and how do I correct? Any help is greatly appreciated as I have several pivotables that need converting. Thank you. ...

New Workbook
When I open a new workbook a "New Workbook" panel opens on the right. How can I get rid of that so it doesn't open every time I open a workbook? Thank you Karen, try tools, options, view, and uncheck startup task pane -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Karen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a58301c4d626$5931e540$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I open a new work...

Add New Group in Tasks List
Outlook 2007 On the Navigation pane in the Task list there is an "Add New Group" option. I have created a new group called Custom Views, but I have not been able to figure out how to add my custom views to the new group. What kinds of items can be placed in a group, and how do I add items to a group? Any help will be greatly appreciated. --Tom You can only place folders in the groups, not views. Show the Advanced toolbar and you can easily select the custom views. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Soluti...

Editing/Renaming a senders Email Address in the received message
Hello - I'm in a bit of a situation. I use a web processing cgi script that doesn't allow the senders address to be that of the email field on my web site's form - so any messages I receive processed through the web form have an email/reply-to address of FORMBUDDY (no- reply@formbuddy.com). Now, with hundreds of forms in my inbox, I'd like to change the sender/reply to address manually, so that everytime I want to send an email to the individual/company who filled out the form, I don't have to cut and paste there email address in to the TO: field. Anotherwords,...

Reading pane does not match message list
I've been using WLM desktop for a over a year with no problems at all. I just had to do a complete recovery on my PC, including an update to WLM 2009, which meant doing an export / import. All seemed to go fine. But, as of this morning many of my storage folders, but not all, show all the correct messages in the message list, but the reading pane always shows the same message. I first thought that it was the result of the import process, but I see that even messages I moved to the folders this morning are behaving the same way. I've even rebooted the PC, but I still ...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

CRM1.2 -> CRM3.0 on new server
Hello We have CRM1.2 running fine on SBS2003 Premium. I want to do a fresh installation of SBS2003 and install CRM3.0 from scratch (going to put new drives in the server). What is my best option for transferring the data from CRM1.2 to the new CRM3.0 installation? Thanks Andrew 1. Redeploy v1.2 to the new server 2. Upgrade the new server to 3.0 Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Andrew Hussey" wrote: > Hello > > We have CRM1.2 running fine on SBS2003 Premium. I want to do a fresh > installation of SBS2003 and install CRM3....

How to point clients to new exchange name?
Is there a way (maybe using GPOs) to update clients' computers to point to a different exchange server? Here's my situation: I added an Exchange 2003 server to my 5.5 environment. I'm going to take out my 5.5 server (mail.company.com) and just have my 2003 server (mail03.company.com). How can I update the users' machines to point to the 2003 server? Is there a script or a GPO I can push down to update everyone's profiles? Or is this something that will update automatically when I remove the 5.5 server? Thanks! -Nick If they're using Outlook, you don't ...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I set OOR

syUserInRole Error Message
Every time one of our users logs in to a company, they see the error: The stored procedure syUserInRole returned the following results: DBMS: 12, Great Plains: 0. Now, do I have to re-create this stored proc, and if so, where can it be found? ...

Set Focus