Service Pack for Office 2003

Just in case you don't know, SP1 for Office 2003 is available.About 18MB
download - bit of a bummer on dial up but I managed it, and it seems stable
enough of course! Don't know specific fixes.

Dave

http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2004/up040804.htm#sp1

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"tfeeman" <nothere@anyprice.com> wrote in message
> Just in case you don't know, SP1 for Office 2003 is available.About 18MB
> download - bit of a bummer on dial up but I managed it, and it seems
> stable
> enough of course! Don't know specific fixes.
>
> Dave

0
dianenws (1904)

getting reporting services web service to work
The error I am getting is 'The selected report is not ready for viewing. The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)'. There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them including obtaining extract space. The error I am getting is: " The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)". I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on the web-service.? Thus to correc...

sites and services servers
Hi I recently went into our AD site and services and noticed under servers there are about 4 servers that havent been online for months. Is it safe to just remove/delete them here? Also our licensing server is listing a dead server? Wondering why it never showed anything in event log. This is a 2003 sp2 server in a small domain with 2 other DCs Thanks Shem You need to perform a metadata cleanup. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736378(WS.10).aspx You can follow this article to change the licensing sever http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc...

Services don't start when server restarts.
The information store and MTA stacks services do not start when server is restarted. How do I fix this problem? Check your Event Veiwer, any errors? What are the associated event id #'s. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Micah Pokorney" <micah@primeadvantage.com> wrote in message news:137f01c3df7d$df537300$a501280a@phx.gbl... > The information store and MTA stacks services do not > start when server is restarted. How do I fix this > problem? ...

Problems with Office 2004
All of a sudden I am having problems loading Office 2004 applications. When I try to load them it says "The Application (Word, Entourage, Excel, Power Point) quit unexpectedly." I am given the option of "close", "report" or "reopen". I have found I have to choose "reopen" at which time the I get the message "the application Excel quit unexpectedly after it was reopened". I can then "close" "Try Again" or "Report". If I say Try Again it finally opens. I have reported it and even deleted the programs ...

Listing Order of Open Windows in Excel 2003
Good afternoon. Is there any ryhme or reason as to the way excel workbook files are listed when you click on the Windows file menu? I just upgraded from Excel 2000 and they ordered them in a more logical way. Is there a way to change the order of how the files are listed? Thank you. Do you mean the recently-used file list at the bottom of the File menu? If so, the order there is in order of use, with the most recently opened on top. -- Ted ...

Outlook 2003 redownloads messages
I have Outlook 2003 and when I do a send/recieve it downloads messages I have already marked as read or have deleted. This happens in b oth my http and pop e-mail accounts. Yes, I have it set to leave a copy on server and to delete from server when deleted on PC. This worked fine in all versions of OE for years. Since I view my messages from several different PC's I need to have this enabled. Is there some other setting or option I haven't found that will stop this? My inbox is filling up with deleted and read messages though the spam filtering works excelent. Go figure. Thanks...

Unknown Notice In Word 2003
Windows XP Home. Dell Inspiron Laptop. MS Office 2003. When I open any document in Word 2003 I get the message...: "This document could not be registered. It will not be possible to create links from other documents to this document." I have checked in Options etc but I cannot find any reference to registering. I do not know what this is. Can anyone help? I would like at least to get rid of the notice as it is very annoying every time I open a document. TIA for any help. ...

How may I remove Office 2003 DRM protection from DOC & XLS files?
I created several complex Excel spreadsheets (and maybe one or two Word docs.) using Office 2003, which I then foolishly protected with Document Rights Management to shield from prying eyes of coworkers. I subsequently moved to another company, not realizing that I was about to expereince a serious problem. As it turns out, I have a HUGE problem. I now have no access to information that took me many months to compile! I suspect that DRM or Passport established a link through my previous email address which is required to allow legitimate access. As a result I am locked out of my ow...

changing the reply address for Outlook 2003
I have two accounts defined in Outlook 2003: one that connects to my Exchange server and another that connects to a web-based IMAP account. I've set the IMAP account as the default and changed the reply to address. My outgoing server is also set to the IMAP server. However, every message I send goes out with the default reply address of my Exchange account. Is this a bug or is there something else I need to do to fix this? Outlook Express handles it correctly. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet message...

CRM services (help!!!!)
I have CRM installed on a W2K3 SP1 box, member server The CRM was installed to have the accompanying services run under the Domain Admin acct. I know that in someway the authentication is tied into to AD, from doing some reading up on CRM. Can I switch the services to run under the 'Local System' acct. without any problems. Reason being is that I have some KDC event ID 11 errors showing on my DC, which state that there are duplicate SPN name associated with the server running the CRM, and with further research found that the SPN names for the server were also attached to the A...

Out of office / autodiscover problem
hi all, I have recently installed a new exchange 2007 server (win2008) into our domain and migrated all users mailboxes onto it. The main issue is out of office isn't working - it gives the error message "you out of office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently unavailable". I have read a lot of articles about this but can't seem to find the solution. If I run "test email autoConfiguration" in Outlook it finds the server (exchange2.domain.local) through SCP but fails giving error 0x80072F0C - does anyone know what this ...

Resolution for the compatibility issue in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Products after Windows XP Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is installed
------=_NextPart_0001_EC57D3FB Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good afternoon, Microsoft has released a fix for the compatibility issue in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Products after Windows XP Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is installed The Microsoft Dynamics Retail Development team has identified problems when Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Windows XP SP3 is installed. Running these service packs, without the below fix installed, may cause data loss in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System or Microsoft Dynamics - Point of Sale datab...

MTA Service
Hello, we are having exchange 5.5 server, its hard drive fails. i have installed new server and restoed the backup but MTA service is not starting. other Exchange Dirtocory, IS sA is working anybody can suggest. regards "azam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >we are having exchange 5.5 server, its hard drive fails. i >have installed new server and restoed the backup but MTA >service is not starting. other Exchange Dirtocory, IS sA >is working anybody can suggest. >regards Check the application event log. There will be some ev...

Outlook 2003...
Two questions I have: 1 - What is the maximum size a PST can be in Outlook 2003 2 - What is the maximum size of a FOLDER in Outlook 2003 As always, thanks in advance Ivan T. Williams <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Two questions I have: > 1 - What is the maximum size a PST can be in Outlook 2003 The theoretical limit is in the terabytes. The practical limit is 20 gigabytes. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;832925&Product=out2003 > 2 - What is the maximum size of a FOLDER in Outlook 2003 I think I've read that a folder can...

Service Scheduling MS CRM
Guys There are some extremely knowledgeable people in here I am hoping some one can help me. Any help you can give me is appreciate. We will not mind paying for your help if you are a freelancer and would spend time getting this to work for us. We have an implementation of Microsoft CRM 3.0 and would like to use the Service Scheduling to help us run our fleet of buses. We have a fleet of 8 buses, 6 drivers and need to schedule them for a variety of jobs. Each bus has a capacity of 20, 30 or 50. The buses can be out of order and drivers can be on holiday or off sick. We want to able ...

Outlook 2003 post office
Does anyone know if outlook 2003 can connect to a microsoft postoffice service? See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/msmail.htm -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "elias solomonidis" <esolomonidis@ath.forthnet.gr> wrote in message news:906c01c4335b$57413bf0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if outlook 2003 can connect to a > microsoft postoffice service? Thanks it worked!!...

Posting I just submitted for Office behavior
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3227083691_4202020 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I have all my Mac users authenticate to a Windows 2003 Server and also store their Home folder on that server. Office 2004 is installed on the local computer. Each time an Office application is launched, it goes through what appears to be the First Run process � Configuring Office Components and Optimizing Font menu performance, etc. The use...

Unable to Install Publisher 2003 with Office 2003
I bought Microsoft Publisher 2003 at the same time but in a separate package with Microsoft Office: Student and Teacher 2003. The installation gets to the point where I enter my key, it works. But shortly afterwards there is an error message saying that it cannot find Office 98, Office 2000, or Office XP on my computer and that this is necessary to install Publisher 2003, and it prompts me to designate a drive where it is found. But then the installation repeats that it cannot find Office 98, Office 2000, or Office XP and stops. I really hope that it's not impossible for Publisher...

Default automatic start Exchange Services
I had to do some work on my Exchange System and disabled some of the sevices. I just want to double check on the default MS Exchange services that get started "Automatic". Thanks. Hi, It would help if you posted which version of Exchange server you are using :-) Leif "AllenM" <ghost@nodomain.com> wrote in message news:e$yvgFfcGHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I had to do some work on my Exchange System and disabled some of the >sevices. I just want to double check on the default MS Exchange services >that get started "Automatic". Thanks...

Maximum Worksheet Size of Excel 2003
Hello, I am doing research for my doctoral degree and my current database exceeds Excel 2002's maximum worksheet size (i.e. 65,569 rows by 256 colums). Does anyone know what is the maximum worksheet size of Excel 2003? Thank you. Thomas See reply in microsoft.public.excel.misc -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Thomas" <tkhw@mailcity.com> wrote in message news:1455601c3fa00$e6c21950$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > I am doing research for my doctoral d...

outlook 2003 ost file size limitation
Hello all, One of my users outlook 2003 ost file will not exceed 2GB. On my exchange 2003 server I have his limit set to 2.5GB but he always get warned before he reaches the 2GB mark to clean up his mailbox. How can I fix this? Thanks, Eddie "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A63B6F3-8BF7-4AD3-ADB3-AC9C63CAED9C@microsoft.com... > One of my users outlook 2003 ost file will not exceed 2GB. On my exchange > 2003 server I have his limit set to 2.5GB but he always get warned before he > reaches the 2GB mark to clean up ...

how do I copy my calendar in office 2010?
I am trying to make a copy to back up on an external hard drive but cant find how to do this. I dont want to delete info. Find the pst and make a copy. By default, outlook 2010 puts them in the documents folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Out...

DataMap
Can anybody tell me if the datamap facility was 'discontinued' after Office 97? I use Office 2000 and XP and cannot find the DataMap feature on either of these versions. Can anybody shed any light?? Thank you. Louise Hi yes this feature is no longer supported. If you have the old installation CDs you can get this working also under the new version. See the following site for instructions: http://www.winplanet.com/winplanet/tips/3997/1/ >-----Original Message----- >Can anybody tell me if the datamap facility >was 'discontinued' after Office 97? I use Offic...

Word v.X With embeded Excel charts from Win Office 2000/XP crashes every time
I have a cross platform office. I am running diffrent versions of MS Office, Including v.X, 2004 mac, Office 2000 and XP for PC. Whenever my users get a file from the PC side with embded Excel charts it just shuts down office. In 2004 it opens with no problem. i have re created this with multiple files over diffrent machines and every time it is the same. I have opened the file in 2004 and deleted the Excel data resaved it but when opened in v.X it stil lcrashes. when i jsut copy all the info minus the excel charts to a new doc it opens. Once i re add any Excel data back comes the crashes. S...

Removing Personal Folders in Services
Hello I have a problem in removing my other Personal Folder (2003 and 2004 folders) in my Folder list, I already change the Delivery to another Folder (2005 forlder) then I want to delete the other personal folders. I used the Close "Personal Folders" to close the old personal forlders but the folder still exist in my Folder List and when I open the Services then the Delivery tab the old folder still exist. How can i remove that? Can you help me with this, is there something i can do to the registry, something like that pls helppp.... Hi You may want to create a new profile ...