server-requested client action message

This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3 every time
it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including Outlook profile
removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and deleting it hoping it
would reset.

Thanks.

0
kbenator (5)

In news:%23boIuP6GGHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
MCSA-M <kbenator@gmail.com> typed:
> This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3
> every time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including
> Outlook profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and
> deleting it hoping it would reset.
>
> Thanks.

What kind of server are you connecting to?
What's the *exact* text of the error message?

0
lanwench (7567)
1/17/2006 8:46:15 PM
And that message would be???

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, MCSA-M asked:

| This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3
| every time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including
| Outlook profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and
| deleting it hoping it would reset.
|
| Thanks.

0
MillyS (3228)
1/17/2006 8:49:31 PM
The Form is titled "Rules in Error"
The body says: server-requested client action_
MoveCopy, Unable to create destination msg.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> And that message would be???
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, MCSA-M asked:
>
> | This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3
> | every time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including
> | Outlook profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and
> | deleting it hoping it would reset.
> |
> | Thanks.

0
kbenator (5)
1/17/2006 9:00:41 PM
Exchange 2003.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

> In news:%23boIuP6GGHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
> MCSA-M <kbenator@gmail.com> typed:
>> This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3
>> every time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including
>> Outlook profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and
>> deleting it hoping it would reset.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> What kind of server are you connecting to?
> What's the *exact* text of the error message?

0
kbenator (5)
1/18/2006 3:01:56 PM

In news:%232s4gAEHGHA.344@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
MCSA-M <kbenator@gmail.com> typed:
> Exchange 2003.

<patiently waits for the rest of the reply, in which the OP provides the
exact text of the error message>

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:elubYh6GGHA.3624@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>

>> In news:%23boIuP6GGHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
>> MCSA-M <kbenator@gmail.com> typed:
>>> This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3
>>> every time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including
>>> Outlook profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and
>>> deleting it hoping it would reset.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> What kind of server are you connecting to?
>> What's the *exact* text of the error message?

0
lanwench (7567)
1/18/2006 3:48:49 PM
The exact text is:

Rules in Error         Server-requested client action, MovCopy, Unable to
create destination msg.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

> In news:%232s4gAEHGHA.344@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
> MCSA-M <kbenator@gmail.com> typed:
>> Exchange 2003.
>
> <patiently waits for the rest of the reply, in which the OP provides the
> exact text of the error message>
>

>> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
>> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in
>> message news:elubYh6GGHA.3624@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>>

>>> In news:%23boIuP6GGHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
>>> MCSA-M <kbenator@gmail.com> typed:

>>> What kind of server are you connecting to?
>>> What's the *exact* text of the error message?

0
kbenator (5)
1/18/2006 6:53:49 PM
Moved the mailbox to a different store and it fixed it. I hope this helps
somebody. Thanks anyway for trying.

"MCSA-M" <kbenator@gmail.com> wrote in message
> This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3 every
> time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including Outlook
> profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and deleting it
> hoping it would reset.
>
> Thanks.

0
kbenator (5)

NO DEFAULT SMTP SERVER..
Hello, I had a problem with exadmin.dll, unregistered it, copied new one and registered it and now the default smtp server is gone under SMTP in my systems manager but everything still works.... HELP where is it ? and how can i get it back ? tnnx. Philippe ...

Upgrading from server 2000 to server 2008R2?
We would like to upgrade our servers to Windows server 2008 R2. Currently we have two Windows 2000 (SP 4) domain controllers, we want to replace the Forest Root Domain box with new hardware & upgrade the other DC to server 2008 R2. I understand it's not possible to upgrade from 2000 straight to 2008 but is server 2003 still available to ugrade to in between? I'm also not sure of what the implications of retiring the Forest Root Domain box would be? Would the best plan be to add the new 2008 server (domain function & forest function level: 2000); upgrade the se...

MS Project Server Admin // Denver, CO
MS Project Server Admin Location: Denver, CO Duration: 6 months Pay Rate: DOE =95 MSProject Server ver 2010, SQL database and Sharepoint 2010 =95 Ongoing support and maintenance involving activities such as =96 Monitoring logs, Patches, resolving support tickets, Dev/Test/Prod support =95 Routine troubleshooting =95 Technical APS maintenance (Project Server & SharePoint 2010) =95 User administration / Password resets etc. =95 Work with Microsoft for any critical issues that might need intervention from Microsoft =95 Application of Patches & migration to Production =95 SQL services mo...

Can Recovery Storage Groups be used if original server gone?
We had an Exchange server die on us a few months back due to hardware issues. All accounts were moved to another box and that one was flattened and taken out of the Exchange org. It was replaced by new hardware that does NOT have the storage groups or databases that the old one did. We have a request to recover data from an info store back up prior to the events above and are running into problems with our backup vendor. Would it be possible to use a Recovery Storage Group to retrieve this data? The mailbox still exists (but may have been moved via Exmerge) so I believe I will pas...

Outlook client to Exchange encryption enforcement
I have a client that requires encryption between thier Outlook clients and Exchange server. Can a registry key or application setting be used to enforce Outlook to Exchange encryption? If so what is the encryption used? I am aware of RPC-over-HTTPS and can and will deploy if necessary that as well but what I need is an enforcement of such a policy. I have set the Outlook 2003 option "Encrypt data between Microsoft Office Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server " Any ideas or suggestions are much appreciated! -MJB I think you could certainly configure client access to go o...

Removed server, exchange still looking for it?
Exchange 5.5, I removed a server from the site using exchange admin, and now am getting event 9318, saying MTA can't contact it. Why is it doing that? I had the same problem after a 5.5 to 2000 migration. Rebooting the Exchange server that was trying to connect resolved the problem. MTA must keep the information cached. Tim "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C431500C-F78D-47E5-AAC5-B8C611592E97@microsoft.com... > Exchange 5.5, I removed a server from the site using exchange admin, and > now > am getting event 9318, saying MTA can...

Small Business Server in Windows Server 2000 Environment
I have a requirement to install Microsoft CRM for about 10 CRM Users. The existing Windows 2000 has about 120 users with two Exchange Servers. Is it possible to set up a separate Small Business Server to run CRM within the Windows 2000 domain as this is the most cost effective way of implementing CRM for such a low User count? ...

Easiest way to set message size and\or mailbox size
I am trying to "selectively" set message size and\or mailbox size on mailboxes in our organization (Exchange 2003 SP2). I would like to be able to use Groups to do this with members in each group sharing the same limits. I have just discovered ADModify, but can't seem to figure out a way to apply changes to members of a group. I would like to avoid using Mailbox stores as the means of assigning limits, but also want to avoid having to apply limits at the individual mailbox level (even with ADModify). Is there any way that I can apply Exchange attribute changes to all t...

Outlook won't leave messages on the server
I have tried and tried to keep Outlook 2003 from deleting my email off my server. I have found the check box under advanced send\receive setting in "options" and I have tried variations of the 3 check boxes in this window and they work until I close Outlook and reopen it, then all of my settings return to the default of deleting my email off the server. Wasn't MS suppose to stop doing things like this? Any help in steering me to the answer (which i am sure is here) to this question is appreciated. Regards Paul A. Walters Hi, Goto Tools --> Email Accounts --> V...

Sales for Outlook 1.2 Client Install Errors
We have been experiencing some problems reinstalling the Outlook Sales client on a machine that lost functionality with the CRM Appointment button. The form just stopped loading when the button was clicked, so we followed the following steps: 1. We removed and then re-added the COM object Microsoft CRM Outlook Addin and also cleared the forms cache in Forms Manager. This did not resolve the issue. 2. We then completely uninstalled Sales for Outlook 1.2, rebooted the system, reinstalled and rebooted and when Outlook was launched, it now delivers the error "An error occurred in...

Intelligent Message Filter (IMF) SCL for Junk E-mail being ignored
I have Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise SP1, and I recently downloaded and installed Intelligent Message Filter. In Message Delivery Properties -> Intelligent Message Filtering, I have - Gateway Blocking Configuration SCL 8 - Store Junk E-mail Configuration SCL 8 All users have Outlook 2003 Professional installed. Although I have SCL set to 8 for "Store Junk E-mail Configuration", Messages with SCL 6 and others with SCL as low as 3 are being sent to the Junk E-Mail folder. I am able to see the SCL of the emails because I installed an SCL Column via Forms using th...

faq how to disable link error message
Hi, When I compile my prject this displayed : warning LNK4017: DESCRIPTION statement not supported for the target platform; ignored so I want to use #pragma warning (disable : 4017) to disabled the message display again, but I failed. How to do that? Another , what is different between put the #pragma warning (disable : 4017) at the top of the *.cpp and the bottom of the *.cpp? Thanks a lot. ...

windows 2008 server cord and windows 2008 std
we have 20+ New server to install windows 2008 for trading purpose. still can not decide to install server core or std full, can someone advise what is the benefit to install core rather than std edition or to install std edition ? DD, There is: Server Standard Server Standard Core Server Enterprise Server Enterprise Core Core is (not quite correctly called) 'Server without Graphical User Interface (GUI)'. There are several reasons why Core was introduced: - *Nix purists were saying that there's no real need/use for GUI on a server and *real* sysadmins ar...

Project Server Provisioned
Hello, I have provisioned Project Server and added it to the trusted zone, but it still comes up unresolved. Hello, You mean PWA home page is not loading or issue with connecting from MS Project Professional? Also mention the version of Project Server. Thanks Chak pVector Technologies http://www.pvectortech.com http://www.epmcentral.com On Apr 16, 11:04=A0am, me <mtyso...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello, I have provisioned Project Server and added it to the trusted > zone, but it still comes up unresolved. On Apr 16, 12:20=A0pm, Chak <chak...@hotmail.com>...

OT: SVN server
Hi, Sorry for the OT, I am not 100% sure where to ask. I want to setup a subversion repo on a personal website. Would anyone know the best forum/NG to ask such a question? (Or where I could find a tutorial for installing such a repo). Thanks Simon Simon wrote: > Hi, > > Sorry for the OT, I am not 100% sure where to ask. > > I want to setup a subversion repo on a personal website. > Would anyone know the best forum/NG to ask such a question? > (Or where I could find a tutorial for installing such a repo). > > Thanks > > Simon ...

IMF Intelligent Message Filter
I have installed a new load of Excahgne 2003 with SP2 set all the registry settings to use the IMF and enabled it. I have the default updates from windows updates but it will not update thru Microsfot Updates it brings exchange updates O Help To create the ContentFilterState registry entry 1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK. 2. Expand the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange 3. In the left pane, click Exchange. Then, right-click in the right pane, point to New, and then click DWORD Value. 4. Type ContentFilterState, and then...

Copy of all sent messages
I have a rule that reads " apply this rule after I send the message, move a copy tothe MyCopies folder". What I've noticed is that it doesn't included emails that are replies, only emails that I originate. I don't see any option to get around that in the Rules Wizard. Does anyone know if this can be done and if so, how. Thanks, Tanya Tanya <tanyar@greenhosp.org> wrote: > I have a rule that reads " apply this rule after I send the message, > move a copy tothe MyCopies folder". What I've noticed is that it > doesn't included emails that ...

Windows Server 2008 RC2 in Windows Server 2003 Domain
I'm having trouble with one domain controller that has all of the FSMO roles (I have 6 Domain controllers in total running server 2003) I updated my schema to version 47 (Windows server 2008 RC2) and would like to add a new physical server with W2K8 R2 on it and transfer all of the FSMO roles on it. I don't want to upgrade all DC's yet to 2008 R2 yet, so the domain functional level will stay the same for a while (Windows Server 2003). Is there anything I should watch out for with this scenario? Or by just adding a W2k8 R2 box with all the FSMO roles and then decomm...

Undeletable messages?
Outlook 2000 SR-1, on a Windows 2000 Server domain w/ Exchange. I have 30+ messages in my deleted items folder that I can't delete. When I try to Empty Deleted Items, I get the error message: "Some items could not be deleted. They were either moved or already deleted, or access was denied." I don't know how I arrived here, but I'd sure like to know how to get past it. They've been there since (apparently) 11/21/03. Thanks! Are you able to delete them by SHIFT+DELETE. If not; contact your admin and ask him/her when he/she last performed an isinteg to check t...

Exchange Router setup/Setting More than one Exchange Server up in one organisation with two active directories?
Forgive the version difference, but on Exchange 2003 is there a way to install a secondary Exchange Server on a different domain and somehow have it routed to from the other domain or act as a connector to be able to see those emails without removing them? I don't know enough about routing on Exchange to figure if its capable. Or perhaps I need to utilise a different registered email domain and I should use this for testing instead of trying to somehow route emails from one to the other? eg instead of companyname.com I could use companynamecrm.com or something. Would I still want to setu...

pop3 server response
When opening outlook recently it has been saying my pop3 server hasn't respoded in 60 seconds and asks if I would like to wait longer for the server to respond. but sometimes it goes right through. is there any reason why this might be happening. i can only get e-mail about 60% of the time. any help would be greatly appreciated. J.H. Try removing and reinstalling your mail account settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After...

Requisition Management request for quote
In manufacturing environments, an item being requisitioned may first have to go out for vendor quotes. The person creating the requisition should document the specifications and requirements and then may identify several possible vendors. The "approver" should then have the ability to turn this into a RFQ (request for quote) and e-mail it to several vendors. System should track who it was sent to, when, and if a response was received (typically allowing entry of a price and comment). Once the RFQ's are back, the approver should be able to transfer the requisition into ...

E-Mail Messages Reappear When Server is rebooted
Hello All, I had reason to reboot a windows2003 SBS a few months ago. When it rebooted clients reported old emails had reappeared in their inbox. I was then on a windows2000 SBS site yesterday and when I rebooted the server old emails reappeared. The Windows2003 server rebooted today and again old email reappear. I cannot find any info on web re: this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Sam wrote: > Hello All, > > I had reason to reboot a windows2003 SBS a few months ago. When it > rebooted clients reported old emails had reappeared in their inbox. I > was then on...

Manually run message rules on the server
Hi, Is there a way to run message rules (created by the end-user on Outlook) on the server, say on a daily basis ? The reason is that that person has ~50 rules, moving all incoming messages from his inbox to specific folders. Since he now owns a BES-enabled BlackBerry, these rules prevent him from getting his emails onto his handheld. The idea would be to run all the rules once a day, on his behalf, on the server. Exchange 2007 SP1 Thanks Christian Some rules, like moving messages to another folder in the same mailbox, will run server-side by default, depending on how they're create...

web server and exchange server on 2 different servers.
Is there a way to redirect traffic through my web server to my mail server to use OWA with out setting up a front end/back end? If I do have to set up a front end do I have to purchase a separate license? What version of Exchange? If E2k/2003, you have to use FE/BE....and for E2k, the FE server has to be Enterprise. Gonzosez wrote: > Is there a way to redirect traffic through my web server to my mail > server to use OWA with out setting up a front end/back end? > > If I do have to set up a front end do I have to purchase a separate > license? You can install OWA on the w...