Separate Outlook Mail boxes

I know this can be done but I just can't find where it is.
I have dial up. I do not have to log into any Computer account when the
computer starts up. (Windows 2000)
I would like to be able to set up outlook so that I have to tyor in a user
name and password for each member of my family.

So everyone can get their emails but not see/get into anyone elses.

How do I do that?? (I will keep looking)

Thanks

Bob

0
Davet102 (15)

Davet102 <Davet102@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I would like to be able to set up outlook so that I have to tyor in a
> user name and password for each member of my family.
>
> So everyone can get their emails but not see/get into anyone elses.

Each person in your family should have his or her own Windows login and
their own mail profile pointing at their own PST.  This should accomplish
what you want.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
1/1/2005 9:49:21 PM
I know it can be done by doing that.

Can it be done doing it the way that I want to do it?
No Windows login and individual Outlook logins?

Thanks

Bob

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Davet102 <Davet102@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I would like to be able to set up outlook so that I have to tyor in a
> > user name and password for each member of my family.
> >
> > So everyone can get their emails but not see/get into anyone elses.
>
> Each person in your family should have his or her own Windows login and
> their own mail profile pointing at their own PST.  This should accomplish
> what you want.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
Davet102 (15)
1/2/2005 4:55:01 AM
Yes. You would create multiple Mail/Outlook profiles [control panel/mail],
each with a password. Set Outlook *not* to use one as default and to prompt
you for which profile to use. That way, when Outlook boots up it'll ask you
what profile and require the password for each.

That said, the multiple user login to Windows method is more 'rounded' as it
would also provide separate document storage for each user...

David

"Davet102" <Davet102@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I know it can be done by doing that.
>
> Can it be done doing it the way that I want to do it?
> No Windows login and individual Outlook logins?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob
>

> "Brian Tillman" wrote:
>
>> Davet102 <Davet102@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I would like to be able to set up outlook so that I have to tyor in a
>> > user name and password for each member of my family.
>> >
>> > So everyone can get their emails but not see/get into anyone elses.
>>
>> Each person in your family should have his or her own Windows login and
>> their own mail profile pointing at their own PST.  This should accomplish
>> what you want.
>> --
>> Brian Tillman

Dave:

Thanks for the reply. Now how do I set Outlook "not" to use one as the
default and to prompt me for the one I want and the password for it??

I'm still looking but not finding it.

Thanks

Bob

"David Elders" wrote:

> Yes. You would create multiple Mail/Outlook profiles [control panel/mail],
> each with a password. Set Outlook *not* to use one as default and to prompt
> you for which profile to use. That way, when Outlook boots up it'll ask you
> what profile and require the password for each.
>
> That said, the multiple user login to Windows method is more 'rounded' as it
> would also provide separate document storage for each user...
>
> David
>

> "Davet102" <Davet102@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I know it can be done by doing that.
> >
> > Can it be done doing it the way that I want to do it?
> > No Windows login and individual Outlook logins?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Bob

> >> Each person in your family should have his or her own Windows login and
> >> their own mail profile pointing at their own PST.  This should accomplish
> >> what you want.
> >> --
> >> Brian Tillman

0
Davet102 (15)
1/2/2005 2:31:03 PM
Davet102 wrote:
> Dave:
>
> Thanks for the reply. Now how do I set Outlook "not" to use one as the
> default and to prompt me for the one I want and the password for it??
>
> I'm still looking but not finding it.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob

Control Panel-Mail-Show Profiles and at the bottom check the radio button
"Prompt for Profile"

HTH

0
GordonBP1 (262)
1/2/2005 3:00:43 PM
Gordon:

I'm not getting that option.

(Windows 2000 Pro, Office 2000 Pro)

Bob

"Gordon" wrote:

> Davet102 wrote:
> > Dave:
> >
> > Thanks for the reply. Now how do I set Outlook "not" to use one as the
> > default and to prompt me for the one I want and the password for it??
> >
> > I'm still looking but not finding it.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Bob
>
> Control Panel-Mail-Show Profiles and at the bottom check the radio button
> "Prompt for Profile"
>
> HTH

0
Davet102 (15)
1/2/2005 4:25:06 PM
Davet102 <Davet102@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I'm not getting that option.
>
> (Windows 2000 Pro, Office 2000 Pro)

Sounds like you have Outlook 2000 installed in Internet Mail Only mode.  In
that mode, Outlook has no profiles.  If you do not use IMAP accounts, you
can convert Outlook to Corporate and Workgroup mode and then you'll have the
profile options.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
1/3/2005 3:02:04 PM
Brian Tillman wrote:
> Davet102 <Davet102@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm not getting that option.
>>
>> (Windows 2000 Pro, Office 2000 Pro)
>
> Sounds like you have Outlook 2000 installed in Internet Mail Only
> mode.  In that mode, Outlook has no profiles.  If you do not use IMAP
> accounts, you can convert Outlook to Corporate and Workgroup mode and
> then you'll have the profile options.

Thanks for that Brian - I'm on Outlook 2002 so didn't remember that!

0
GordonBP1 (262)
1/3/2005 4:12:24 PM
How do you do that and is it easily done?

Bob

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Davet102 <Davet102@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm not getting that option.
> >
> > (Windows 2000 Pro, Office 2000 Pro)
>
> Sounds like you have Outlook 2000 installed in Internet Mail Only mode.  In
> that mode, Outlook has no profiles.  If you do not use IMAP accounts, you
> can convert Outlook to Corporate and Workgroup mode and then you'll have the
> profile options.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
Davet102 (15)
1/4/2005 3:33:07 PM
Davet102 <Davet102@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> How do you do that and is it easily done?

Click Tools>Options>Mail Setup.  At the lower right will be a button you can
click to make the change.  You'll need your installation CD.  Also, I'd make
a backup copy of the PST (with Outlook closed) prior to changing, just to be
safe.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

How to create a single line separated by commas from a matrix?
Hello, I've the following problem. I've a table made of several columns. Each colum represents a characteristic regarding to a subject (e.g. Name, Surname, Home Street, etc...). In the rows I put the different people. I need to export these info to a format compatible with other program - an email program-, which requires the information to be arranged in a different way. The program needs all these data to be ordered in a single row, with each characteristic between quotation marks, and separated by commas, following this pattern: "characteristic 1","characteristic ...

Outlook formatting problem
suddenly reading my messages in outlook they do not appear anymore, changing the encoding format I can see again some of them, not all. Somebody can help me in understanding why and what should I do to reset the situation as it was a day before when all the inbox messages were ok ? On the contrary attachement are ok. -- paolo ...

Outlook Client Issues.
Is there a manual procedure on how to remove outlook client 3.0 and 4.0 from a workstation? I have about half my workstations with outlook cleint that have many issues after trying to upgrade. see client diagnostic tool will help you to identity, see this on http://blogs.msdn.com/crm -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Andy Izsak" wrote: > Is there a manual procedure on how to remove outlook client 3.0 and 4.0 from > a workstation? I have about half my ...

Separate inboxes for separate accounts
How can I separate incoming e-mail from separate e-mail accounts into folders so I can tell where incoming mail came from? Using Outlook 2000. >-----Original Message----- >How can I separate incoming e-mail from separate e-mail >accounts into folders so I can tell where incoming mail >came from? Using Outlook 2000. >. > I'm a novice but I just ask that question and dl@spoofmail.com gave me the following advice: It is done with rules. 1st create your folders (sounds like you've done that.) Then select Tools / rules & alerts / New Rule... This brings up...

Outlook 98 #4
On closing an open email message, I receive an error message which when clicked, closes Outlook. Suggestions please?? TJ What is the exact error message? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer dynamus@san.rr.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | On closing an open email message, I receive an error | message which when clicked, closes Outlook. | Suggestions please?? | ...

Master image to use in separate sheets?
Hello All, Does anyone know if there is a way to tell Excel to use the same image/background for each sheet, instead of needing to import for each one? Or is there a way to set up a (similiar to Power Point/Master slide). Thanks in advance, drew If it's just for one workbook, I'd have a master worksheet in that workbook that I could just copy. If it's for lots of workbooks, I'd set up a workbook with one sheet that had that background the way I wanted it. Then save this workbook as a Template (let the folder default to excel's favorite). Tnen when you rightclick on...

Can I convert an Outlook 2000 PST to Outlook 2003
We have upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Is there a fast way to convert my old PST files to Outlook 2003 so that they are not limited to 2 GB size? I don't want to have to go through all of the folders on 30 computers and drag one folder at a time from the old file to the new file. Thanks, Joe I have had pretty good luck importing. Of course, when you import, you = will no longer have access to any custom forms, views, or Rules Wizard = rules.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.h...

External client complaining e-mail to us doesn't get through
An external vendor sends an e-mail with .pdf file (size < 3MB) and he complains that people in my organization doesn't receive his e-mails. Then he sent an e-mail without any attachment and took 3 hours for his e-mail get delivered to inboxes in my organization. No other external client complains of such situation, so my take is that the delay issue is from his side. Which logging option should I enable on the Exch2000 servers in case I want to confirm time his messages were delivered to my servers ? Should I enable logging on the SMTP connector ? Enabling message tracking on your ...

saving email addresses from incoming Outlook mail
I have recently switched from Outlook Express to Outlook (XP). I am trying to figure out how to set up Outlook so that it automatically saves incoming email addresses for me so that I don't have to manually add new contacts to my contact list. I used to have this capability with Outlook Express and really miss it. Right click on the address and select "add to contacts." -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratc...

Outlook Crashing #2
So far this only seems to happen to one user, and it only seems to happen while running Outlook over Citrix, locally it's fine. When I open a new email, click T0: for the address book, then select Contacts from the drop down, it will bring up the user's contact list. Then if I begin to type the name in to search for it, the hourglass will come up, then Outlook will automatically close. This only happens with the R's. Is it possible that there are too many contacts? Please help... Thanks ...

Passwords in Outlook
Hi, We use Outlook with Exchange server and I was wondering if there is a way to password protect certain folders in outlook while still have outlook open? Thanks, Sandi ...

Separating a comma separated list
Not having a great deal of experience with macros, I thought I might see if I could pick the brains of the group. I have to essentially break out a comma separated text string in a single cell into a vertical list, with a reference number thrown in for good measure. Example. Data I have: A B 1 NUMBER RESOURCE 2 101 Smith John,Jones Adam,Brown Philip,Greene Thomas 3 102 Smith John,Jackson Arthur Needs to look like: A B 1 NUMBER RESOURCE 2 101 Smith John 3 101 Jones Adam 4 101 Brown Philip 5 101 Gr...

Outlook 2007 PST Password Protected folder - Cancel
When Outlook starts it will prompt for the password of a password protected PST file, if you hit cancel there, is there a way to open it back up without having to restart Outlook? In the folder list if you click on it later, it states that it is not available. no "jettman36" <jettman36@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBA486B4-E18B-484F-A4D5-8AF7008B5766@microsoft.com... > When Outlook starts it will prompt for the password of a password > protected > PST file, if you hit cancel there, is there a way to open it back up > without ...

Outlook Outbox #3
Messages that I attempt to send remain in outbox they are not delivered. Is this a problem in the server or at the work station? Are the messages in your outbox showing up italicized? Have you checked your server settings? What kind of mail server do you use? Darryl wrote: > Messages that I attempt to send remain in outbox they are > not delivered. Is this a problem in the server or at the > work station? ...

Outlook 2003 not working in WIN 7 OS
Unable to collect emails in Outlook 2003 on WIN 7 OS. Error message requests microsoft Agent 2.0 from Office Disk. Tried HotFix from Win 7 Website, but it didn't work. Need detailed instructions on how to fix this problem. Thanks. ...

Outlook not able to remember my Passwors
Hi, I have Outlook 2002 installed on Windows XP pro platform. I don't know why Outlook does not retain my password even if I select to remember my password. After I type the password and select to remember it, I am able to send and receive email. But next time when I open the Outlook, it still pop up for user name and password. Thanks in advance! Grace There are 2 articles regarding this issue on Microsoft's product 'Knowldege Base' for Outlook 2002. http://support.microsoft.com/ >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have Outlook 2002 installed on Win...

Separating strings in a field to separate fields
Hi, I have a field that consists of a string value that looks like Item1, Item2, Item3, each item is separated by commas. I want to separate that string value so that each item has its own field. Is there code that will easily do this? Thanks, Jaime On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 12:08:57 -0800 (PST), jseger22@yahoo.com wrote: >Hi, > >I have a field that consists of a string value that looks like Item1, >Item2, Item3, each item is separated by commas. I want to separate >that string value so that each item has its own field. Is there code >that will easily do this? > >Thank...

How do you rid yourself of unwanted dialog boxes?
I use Microsoft Excel. I had a oilfield management program installed when I purchased the computer. When I open this menu up file not found dialog boxes are in front of the menu. I have to click off these boxes to use menu. This started happening only recently. It is now up to 7 boxes. Help, I am a novice. MIkeT Hi is this an Excel application?. If yes what error messages appear eaxctly -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "mtwin@telus.net" <mtwin@telus.net@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9C75E7A3-C24E-41B3-BB84-3B284FF94B03@microsoft.com... &...

Signature in e-mail
Can anyone help? I have attached my signature, address and a small picture to my e-mail in the mail format section. When I sent an e-mail it also is sent as an attachment. How can I embed this so it is sent just as a footer to the e-mail and not as an attachment Thanks, Caligaz ...

Launch Oulook Express Newsreader separately
Hi I use Outlook Express as my newsreader. My problem is that in order to access it, I need to first launch Outlook. Is there some way I can launch the newsreader portion of OE without launching Outlook? A command line switch or something I imagine. I'm using Outlook XP with OE 6 on Windows XP pro. Thanks I believe the command-line switch is /newsonly. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "aJax&...

Cannot email Outlook groups
A fellow employee is unable to email to any pre-set groups in Outlook 2002. Everyone else is able to email to the groups. He is running win2K with all critical updates and Office service packs installed. Anyone heard of this or have a solution? Thanks ...

Outlook Forensics
I have a situation in which my boss wants to know if I can prove if someone was actually viewing another person's mailbox. The user had rights to the other person's mailbox but denies actually reading anything. Upon inspection the mailbox in question was not in the folder list but I have been given the task of proving or disproving that the user actually accessed the mailbox. I have checked on local log files or dat files but couldn't find anything to help. Isn't there a log in Exchange to find this information, not just last login but a history of logins? Is there any o...

Outlook Client, go online cause uploading to not finish...
Hi, a new laptop for a new employee has an issue when the user try to go online. the uploading step never ends. on my server, I see a lot of transactions (40 to 60tx/sec) during this process. so the user can't go back online correctly. what's appends? we have uninstall and reinstall the CRM client but there is no change. thanks. Jerome. Sounds like something isn't installed in the default Windows XP install. Have you cross referenced the Installation guide. -- Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC President The Norwich Group http://www.thenorwichgroup.com http://thenorwich...

separate pages rather than spreads?
Hi Using 2007 I created a .pdf of an A5 booklet with 80 double sided pages and sent it to an outside printer. They replied asking "Would it be possible to send in the inside pages as separate pages rather than spreads? That is a pdf with the pages A5 size in number order 1- whatever." Anyone know how to do that please ?? -- Martin ���� Martin ���� @nohere.net wrote: > Hi > Using 2007 > I created a .pdf of an A5 booklet with 80 double sided pages and sent > it to an outside printer. They replied asking > > "Would it be possible to se...

i get a script error every time i open outlook
every time i start outlook i get a script error message for internet explorer. it then asks me if i wish to continue using scripts on this page and i have to select yes or no. i dont use internet explorer - i use firefox as my browser ...