Separate inboxes for separate accounts

How can I separate incoming e-mail from separate e-mail
accounts into folders so I can tell where incoming mail
came from? Using Outlook 2000.
0
anonymous (74721)

I'm a novice but I just ask that question and
dl@spoofmail.com gave me the following advice:

It is done with rules.

1st create your folders (sounds like you've done that.)

Then select Tools / rules & alerts / New Rule...

This brings up a wizard.

Select "move messages from someone to a folder"
next>
[*] Thorugh the specified account
    Then under Step2 select the words "specified" &
follow the wizard.

0
anonymous (74721)
4/6/2004 11:37:29 PM
The short and simple version...

1 - Create a new folder for each account.
2 - Create a new rule for each account to automatically move new email into
the correct folder depending on which account it originated from.

Dan

"Jim Z" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I separate incoming e-mail from separate e-mail
> accounts into folders so I can tell where incoming mail
> came from? Using Outlook 2000.

0
Dan

How to create a single line separated by commas from a matrix?
Hello, I've the following problem. I've a table made of several columns. Each colum represents a characteristic regarding to a subject (e.g. Name, Surname, Home Street, etc...). In the rows I put the different people. I need to export these info to a format compatible with other program - an email program-, which requires the information to be arranged in a different way. The program needs all these data to be ordered in a single row, with each characteristic between quotation marks, and separated by commas, following this pattern: "characteristic 1","characteristic ...

Bank Account AND Investment Account
I have had several investment accounts at etrade for some time and been able to get online updates with no problem. I just added a bank account and am unable to set up the online services to pick up both the investment accounts AND the bank account. I can configure to update the bank account ONLY or the investment accounts ONLY, but NOT BOTH. When you sign up for online services it asks whether you are setting up a bank, credit, or investment account. When you select one, you must be setting a flag because that is it. It will only retrieve the data for that type of account. Then, o...

Sorting by display name in inbox
I need to figure out a way to get all the names in the inbox to not b what is displayed in the "from" field but rather as they appear in m contacts folder. I understand completely that the From column cannot b changed to anything else so I was wondering how to go about makin maybe a new column and having whenever an email comes in, add to tha new column their contact display name. The reason i wish to do this i because currently when I recieve mail some of the names come in firs name then last name while others come in last name then first order a well as their email address. I have...

Help, I moved mailboxes and now can open boxes using "Service account admin" rights
Hey everyone, We are running a Windows 2003 domain and Exchange 2003 sp1 on Win2k3 in a cluster. We had ONE storage group and 4 DBs. I have a AD group that has Exchange "Service account admin" rights and people in that group could open ANY mailbox. I am in that group too. Over the weekend we created a NEW storage group in Exchange and MOVED tow DBs from SG1 to SG2 (the new SG). Now I can't open anyone's mailbox that is in the new SG. The users are working fine. They can connect to their mailboxes using Outlook 2003 just fine. However, I am troubleshooting a Bl...

Not sending mail thru Dfault account . Help pls.!!!
Hi all, I have Exchange server installed on SBS 2000 server. My users use outlook 2002 as there e-mail client. I have configured exchange server but this server is only for internal use (it can't send or recive any external mail). I have set it up cos I wanted to make use of "Public Folders" functionality. This alowes you to share Calender, Task, Contacts.... with other users. The real E-mail account (the one that can send recive external mail) is account provided by ouwer internet provider. So I am useing SMTP account as a default account in outlook and I have configured ou...

how do I create an email account
in Outlook 2000 cORPORATE OR workgroup version how do I create an email account and indicate the address of the relevant mail server, name and password? thank you very much aa <aa@microsoft.com> wrote: > in Outlook 2000 cORPORATE OR workgroup version how do I create an > email account and indicate the address of the relevant mail server, > name and password? Tools>Services. Add an Internet Mail Account service. Ask your ISP for the proper values to fill in for server(s) and ports(s). They will also have supplied you with your mail address. -- Brian Tillman ...

Separate inboxes for separate accounts
How can I separate incoming e-mail from separate e-mail accounts into folders so I can tell where incoming mail came from? Using Outlook 2000. >-----Original Message----- >How can I separate incoming e-mail from separate e-mail >accounts into folders so I can tell where incoming mail >came from? Using Outlook 2000. >. > I'm a novice but I just ask that question and dl@spoofmail.com gave me the following advice: It is done with rules. 1st create your folders (sounds like you've done that.) Then select Tools / rules & alerts / New Rule... This brings up...

Master image to use in separate sheets?
Hello All, Does anyone know if there is a way to tell Excel to use the same image/background for each sheet, instead of needing to import for each one? Or is there a way to set up a (similiar to Power Point/Master slide). Thanks in advance, drew If it's just for one workbook, I'd have a master worksheet in that workbook that I could just copy. If it's for lots of workbooks, I'd set up a workbook with one sheet that had that background the way I wanted it. Then save this workbook as a Template (let the folder default to excel's favorite). Tnen when you rightclick on...

Separating a comma separated list
Not having a great deal of experience with macros, I thought I might see if I could pick the brains of the group. I have to essentially break out a comma separated text string in a single cell into a vertical list, with a reference number thrown in for good measure. Example. Data I have: A B 1 NUMBER RESOURCE 2 101 Smith John,Jones Adam,Brown Philip,Greene Thomas 3 102 Smith John,Jackson Arthur Needs to look like: A B 1 NUMBER RESOURCE 2 101 Smith John 3 101 Jones Adam 4 101 Brown Philip 5 101 Gr...

Separating strings in a field to separate fields
Hi, I have a field that consists of a string value that looks like Item1, Item2, Item3, each item is separated by commas. I want to separate that string value so that each item has its own field. Is there code that will easily do this? Thanks, Jaime On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 12:08:57 -0800 (PST), jseger22@yahoo.com wrote: >Hi, > >I have a field that consists of a string value that looks like Item1, >Item2, Item3, each item is separated by commas. I want to separate >that string value so that each item has its own field. Is there code >that will easily do this? > >Thank...

Merge accounts
I had my account number stolen, and the bank assigned a new account number and transferred all activity, so the account, online, looks identical, with all activity from both accounts shown in the new account. In Money, I changed the account number to the new account number hoping that it would check the new account number and see the activity from both accounts and handle it cleanly, like online. No such luck. Money has set up a new account with the activity post new account and has the balance forward as the amount at time of account number change. Online and Money now don't ma...

Launch Oulook Express Newsreader separately
Hi I use Outlook Express as my newsreader. My problem is that in order to access it, I need to first launch Outlook. Is there some way I can launch the newsreader portion of OE without launching Outlook? A command line switch or something I imagine. I'm using Outlook XP with OE 6 on Windows XP pro. Thanks I believe the command-line switch is /newsonly. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "aJax&...

How to impersonate to Local System Account (SYSTEM)
My service is configurated as the Administrators acount. I need to impersonate the service to Local System Account (SYSTEM) in some circumtances. How? Thanks very very much indeed lauch ...

Changing account numbers
Am I regulated to not using billpay through my bank anymore when an account number changes? This is not MSN Billpay BTW... My bank will not allow account numbers to be changed through MS Money 2005. I can understand that, but if I change it at my bank and in Money then the Payee IDs do not match according to Money. So I deleted my payee accounts on my banks website, but Money will not create new payees it just complains about the payee ID not existing. So now I decided to create a new loan account with a different payee name but then Money encountered an error on the last step of cr...

Mail vanishes from outlook inbox
Hello, can anyone shed any light on what I have done wrong with my installation? The scenario is as follows: I installed CRM 3.0 onto my small business server using custom setup in order to ensure I could connect to a working SQL 2005 report server. Everything went well and I can view the reports etc. in CRM. However, one of the questions during the custom setup was about a mailbox (not sure what the question was exactly now) and I tried to enter the server administrator mailbox name. Setup warned that this was not allowed, so I used my own mailbox name instead. I now have a prob...

combine multiple inboxes
I just downloaded the beta version of Office 2010 and have always liked Outlook, but after I created my accounts, noticed that I had a seperate inbox for each account. I don't remember it being like that in2003. But I would like to ba able to combine the inboxes. Thanks in advance for any help MKC mkc;110795 Wrote: > I just downloaded the beta version of Office 2010 and have always liked > Outlook, but after I created my accounts, noticed that I had a seperate > inbox > for each account. I don't remember it being like that in2003. But I > would...

M2006: Account Balance History Report
When I select Account Balance History under the Assets and Liabilities section of Reports, the report which comes up is called Cash Accounts History. When I select Customize Report and the Account tab, only cash accounts or cash portions of brokerage accounts appear. I want to create an Account Balance History report for my brokerage retirement account (which includes mutual funds). How do I do this? Thanks John In microsoft.public.money, falsedawn2@hotmail.com wrote: >When I select Account Balance History under the Assets and >Liabilities section of Reports, the report which comes ...

separate pages rather than spreads?
Hi Using 2007 I created a .pdf of an A5 booklet with 80 double sided pages and sent it to an outside printer. They replied asking "Would it be possible to send in the inside pages as separate pages rather than spreads? That is a pdf with the pages A5 size in number order 1- whatever." Anyone know how to do that please ?? -- Martin ���� Martin ���� @nohere.net wrote: > Hi > Using 2007 > I created a .pdf of an A5 booklet with 80 double sided pages and sent > it to an outside printer. They replied asking > > "Would it be possible to se...

Cash flow in account details
I had the cash flow forecast at the bottom of the transaction details page of my checking account. I right clicked and deselected it and now I cannot figure out how to get it bak. I know I can go to a "cash flow" screen, but I liked it when it dispalyed with my transactions. Hope you can tell me how to get it back. Money 2003 Thanks I found what I was looking for under tools/options/feedback "Bill Fisette" wrote: > I had the cash flow forecast at the bottom of the transaction details page of > my checking account. I right clicked and deselected it and now I ca...

Problem configuring Outlook 2007 w/ job email account
I recently installed Outlook 2007 to my laptop (which uses Vista). Upon trying to "setup" Outlook a small box appeared in the upper left corner of the screen which stated "configuring outlook accounts." A box appeared asking for "Microsoft Exchange Server" and "mailbox." I was not sure as to what to enter so I entered "dss.sc.gov" (which is everything listed after the "@" in my job email address) for the server and my name for mailbox. I then received the following error message: "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is ...

Loan account
Hi, Something else that's giving me trouble. I've set up a loan account - all seems to be fine. It's a three year loan, and the first two payments had already been made when I set the thing up in Money. Money coped with this fine, and within the register of the loan account it now accurately shows the first two payments and the principal-element of each payment, together with the diminishing value of the outstanding loan. However, it doesn't seem to be linked in any way to the account from which the payments are actually being made. Conceptually it seems to me that the loan ...

Need to Separate
Hello All, I was wondering if there is a way to separate the following: I have the following: TX;CA;NM;VT;NY;MI;OK;FL I need it to be: TX CA NM VT NY MI OK FL Thanks, Charles Data>Text to Columns>Delimited by ; will get it into columns. Then copy>paste special>transpose will get it into one column. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 21:02:46 -0500, "Charles Reid" <creid@satx.rr.com> wrote: >Hello All, > >I was wondering if there is a way to separate the following: > >I have the following: > >TX;CA;NM;VT;NY;MI;OK;FL &g...

Synching 2 iPhones to Outlook on one PC for separate calendaring
I want to use Outlook on our new PC to synch calendars for two iPhones belonging to my wife and myself. How do I go about this to keep the calendaring info separate; how does the iPhone know which calendar to synch with? Do I have to open Outlook to the right calendar somehow before I synch with the appropriate iPhone? Or is there some automated way of doing this so that I can just synch my iPhone without opening Outlook, and the system will know which iPhone gets synched with which calendar? Thanks -- Bob You'll need to configure the sync to use the correct profile and outlook w...

different signatures depending on the e-mail account
Hello, Is it possible to have different signature for different e-mail account in outlook 2002 ? Thanks in advance ! I think that was added in OL2003 "Nader" <nader@infomaniak.ch> wrote in message news:43ce689f$0$1162$5402220f@news.sunrise.ch... > Hello, > > Is it possible to have different signature for different e-mail account in > outlook 2002 ? ...

How to separate 2 words into separate kolumns
Hi I have just exported my address book in to Excel file, what I need to do is make from one field where I have: John Brown separate John in to column Name and remove Brown in to column surrname. I cant find any idea how to do such a thing. you can use following formulas consider a1 here as cell with complete name for first name formula =left(A1,find(" ",a1)) for surname =right(A1,len(a1)-find(" ",a1)) Regards NC you can also use menu data\text to columns feature of excel choose delimited in first window & space as separator regards NC ...