Sent Messages Missing

Yesterday, suddenly, all my previously sent messages disappeared from the
"Sent Items" folder.  To make things ever worse, the messages which I have
sent since yesterday are not showing up in the "Sent Items" folder?  The
messages were received by the recipients!

Under the Tools - Option ... Email Options, the "Save copies of message in
Sent Items folder" option is checked.

What could have been inadvertently changed to cause this?

--
Basharat Javaid.

0
bjavaid (34)

Are you sure your view is set correctly? (not set to display only unread
items for instance)

--
Roady [MVP]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures

-----
"Basharat A. Javaid" <bjavaid@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Yesterday, suddenly, all my previously sent messages disappeared from the
> "Sent Items" folder.  To make things ever worse, the messages which I have
> sent since yesterday are not showing up in the "Sent Items" folder?  The
> messages were received by the recipients!
>
> Under the Tools - Option ... Email Options, the "Save copies of message in
> Sent Items folder" option is checked.
>
> What could have been inadvertently changed to cause this?
>

> --
> Basharat Javaid.

0
Roady
5/18/2004 9:33:32 PM
My current View is set at Messages. I see all my messages in the "In Box" -
read or unread.

message news:uOrG8ASPEHA.1620@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Are you sure your view is set correctly? (not set to display only unread
> items for instance)
>
> --
> Roady [MVP]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -Creating Signatures
> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>
> -----
> "Basharat A. Javaid" <bjavaid@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > Yesterday, suddenly, all my previously sent messages disappeared from
the
> > "Sent Items" folder.  To make things ever worse, the messages which I
have
> > sent since yesterday are not showing up in the "Sent Items" folder?  The
> > messages were received by the recipients!
> >
> > Under the Tools - Option ... Email Options, the "Save copies of message
in
> > Sent Items folder" option is checked.
> >
> > What could have been inadvertently changed to cause this?
> >

> > --
> > Basharat Javaid.

0
bjavaid (34)
5/18/2004 10:39:20 PM
Yes, but we are talking about the Sent Items folder now wasn't it?

--
Roady [MVP]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Setting Permissions on a Mailbox

-----
> My current View is set at Messages. I see all my messages in the "In
> Box" -
> read or unread.
>

> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in
> message news:uOrG8ASPEHA.1620@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Are you sure your view is set correctly? (not set to display only unread
>> items for instance)
>>
>> --
>> Roady [MVP]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -Creating Signatures
>> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>>
>> -----
>> "Basharat A. Javaid" <bjavaid@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> > Yesterday, suddenly, all my previously sent messages disappeared from
> the
>> > "Sent Items" folder.  To make things ever worse, the messages which I
> have
>> > sent since yesterday are not showing up in the "Sent Items" folder?
>> > The
>> > messages were received by the recipients!
>> >
>> > Under the Tools - Option ... Email Options, the "Save copies of message
> in
>> > Sent Items folder" option is checked.
>> >
>> > What could have been inadvertently changed to cause this?
>> >

>> > --
>> > Basharat Javaid.

0
Roady
5/19/2004 11:06:59 AM
I found the problem - the Current View for the Sent Items was set to
Messages (which is for the In Box). It should be set to Sent To.

"Basharat A. Javaid" <bjavaid@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> My current View is set at Messages. I see all my messages in the "In
Box" -
> read or unread.
>

> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
in
> message news:uOrG8ASPEHA.1620@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Are you sure your view is set correctly? (not set to display only unread
> > items for instance)
> >
> > --
> > Roady [MVP]
> > www.howto-outlook.com
> >
> > Tips of the month:
> > -Creating Signatures
> > -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
> >
> > -----
> > "Basharat A. Javaid" <bjavaid@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > > Yesterday, suddenly, all my previously sent messages disappeared from
> the
> > > "Sent Items" folder.  To make things ever worse, the messages which I
> have
> > > sent since yesterday are not showing up in the "Sent Items" folder?
The
> > > messages were received by the recipients!
> > >
> > > Under the Tools - Option ... Email Options, the "Save copies of
message
> in
> > > Sent Items folder" option is checked.
> > >
> > > What could have been inadvertently changed to cause this?
> > >

> > > --
> > > Basharat Javaid.

0
bjavaid (34)

Sent to as attachment command
I was wondering if there is a way to set up a hyperlink that when clicked sends the workbook as an attachment to the person specified by the hyperlink?? Hi Tom A hyperlink can't do this as far as I know But you can use a macro that will send it to the address in the activecell Sub Mail_workbook() If ActiveCell.Value Like "*@*" Then ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ActiveCell.Value, _ "This is the Subject line" End If End Sub See for more mail examples http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro...

how do i openexcel spreadsheet sent via e mail
how do iopen aspreadsheet sent via email windows need to know what programme created it .i dont understand Hi Always copy the file on your harddisk first before you open it Never open it in the mail. Maybe they send a link to the file to you instead of the file ? You can try this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver&qu...

importing email messages and contacts from another computer
I am trying to import all my information from Outlook 2007 from my old computer to my new one and cant figure out how. Anyone know how? "Pappa Pump" <Pappa Pump@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD342711-1997-4453-8AC5-DADADD2E665D@microsoft.com... >I am trying to import all my information from Outlook 2007 from my old > computer to my new one and cant figure out how. Anyone know how? Import is never the correct way to move data from one Outlook instance to another. See this: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm http://w...

Sent Mail, have mail in sent box not sent by me??
This has now happened two weeks in a row. How can I correct this? My computer is turned off when this is done. Email is being sent to people not in my contact list. Do I have to close this account in order to correct? Is it a Hotmail account? Recent reports of Hotmail Account hijacks http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=1fe6ed3e-eef6-4c57-933f-f3c408f1c5c1 If from another mail service, You can use the above as a guide for the sorts of things to check/change. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "eve" <eve@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Message-ID
Can someone help me out with this one, where or how can you find out the Header or Message-ID of my mail server. When you send out an email it tagged a Message-ID or Header with something like this: Message-ID: <20040402170701.13156.qmail@web20212.mail.yahoo.com> I know that is email came from Yahoo mail. I have Exchange 5.5 sp4. Thanks in advance. ...

Keep getting message that excel has encountered a problem
I am using excel 97 on windows xp and when i click tools, then options, i keep getting a message that microsoft excel has encountered a problem and must close. help!!! ...

Finding "missing" Sent Mail
Hello... My Boss just came to me in a panic as he had a message on his screen about consolidating his mail (how he describes it) and he told it Yes.. He now can not find his saved Sent Mail.... Can you help? Where did it go? Thank you... Hi Stan, Perhaps he archived his email? Open Outlook, click on Tools > Options > Other > Autoarchive and see if autoarchive appears to be turned on. If it is, this will show you the exact file the items have been moved to. Next you will need for Outlook to display this file within the user interface. To do that, click on File >...

No labels for sent or forwared mail
Sometimes when I am forwarding or replying mails label of message is not changing as forwarded or replayed. Where is problem and how I can solve it? Thank You. Girts You mean the icon doesn't reflect the change? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/291 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "girts" <girts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Problem with windows messages routing, DoModal and MessageBox
Consider a working thread, periodically posting WM messages to GUI thread so the event handler CMyDialog:OmMyMsg is called. When I show another dialogs form CMyDialog:OmMyMsg() , and pass them "this" as a parent, MFC calls CMyDialog:OmMyMsg() again and again because there are more messages waiting (and the working thread posting them again and again). Now we throw away these messages with static guard but what we really want is the messages to wait in a queue _as if_ those another dialogs were shown from another thread. What are the possible solutions for the problem? Use...

Cannot send email messages
This is my first time using this so I hope I do this right. I am trying to help my sister with her email problem. She is not having a problem receiving emails but cant send. Is getting the following error message and outgoing emails are sitting in her outbox. We are using a wireless connection at a hospital where she is staying while being treated for cancer. Ok....too much infomation. Sorry. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'shower', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, ...

old email sent back randomly
Hi, I'm running exchange 2000 on a server 2000 professional, both exchange and windows with the latest patches installed. One user sent an email in september to a bunch of people with an attachment of around 800 KB. Randomly this email is sent back to some of the people recipients of the first email. The user who sent the email and who is in destination of this email, does not receive it. Some of the recipients do not receive it and a NDR is generated however their email address is correct. I've checked the outbox on both outlook and outlook web access on the user'...

Forwarded messages in body of email not attachments
Getting back to Outlook after 5 years of not having it...when I receive a forwarded message, the forward comes in as an attachment - is there a way to set it up so that the forward is part of the body of the original email? (I'm using Outlook Connector, in case that matters - two email addresses.) Thanks! "AnneCir" <AnneCir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7EBCE93-4C4B-48AE-8767-88F317AAB9B6@microsoft.com... > Getting back to Outlook after 5 years of not having it...when I > receive a > forwarded message, the forward comes in as an attac...

Preventing End users in Outlook from Deleting sent folders
I want to be able to prevent users from deleting their sent emails. Is there a way to do so on the server side? I've never heard of any way to do this...all you could do, if you need to ensure you have copies of all data, would be to enable journaling... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFE53D7E-E2D3-4AB8-98EF-A1F781791308@microsoft.com... > I want to be able to prevent users from deleting their sent emails. Is there > a way to do so on the server side? Nope. A user has full control over their *own* mail...

Remove Test Drive Error message
I am trying to run the Remove Test Drive applet so I can install the "real" Office vX, but I am receiving an error message that I cannot figure out. PBCatSearchSync() -1304 When I click the OK button (my only choice), I receive a message that "The Office X Test Drive was not found on your computer." However, all applications are still present and still run, as Test Drive applications. How do I remove Test Drive so I can install the "real" version? Thanks. In article <229e9514.0404230724.7f2771ff@posting.google.com>, gbledsoe@msn.com (Gary Bledsoe) wrote...

mail not sent
User had an Excel spreadsheet open and tried e-mailing it from with Excel. It would not send. Message would appear at top saying that the file has not been sent. Has happened with other users. ...

Autofilter's drop down list goes missing
I am using autofilter on a two excel work sheets. Randomly the drop down arrows locks up and will not display the drop down lists. If I uncheck autofilter and reselect the data then reselect autofilter it enables the drop down arrows again, although this does not always work, some times I have to close excel and open it again. The document was originally created in excel 2000 but the problem is occurring in excel 2003. I have been able recreate the problem on separate machines different hardware (Compaq and Dell), so I know the hardware is not the issue. Again the method of reproducing the err...

Events & windows messages
Hello, Is there anyway you can use WaitForSingleObjects or WaitForMultipleObjects to detect when a new windows message has arrived in the processes message queue? I want to be able to wait on an event such as this within a thread process rather than it having to call PeekMessage all the time (which is extremely inefficient and needlessly slows down my other threads) I am using Visual C++ 5.0, 6.0 & 7.0 (.Net) Many thanks in advance! newsgroupie newsgroupie wrote: >Hello, > >Is there anyway you can use WaitForSingleObjects or >WaitForMultipleObjects to detect when a...

Resending Messages #2
In Outlook 2000, I sent an email message to a bad email address in my Contacts list. When the message bounced, I went into Contacts and entered the correct email address. Then, I opened the message from the Sent folder to resend it. When I double clicked on the email address, it showed the new, correct email address. However, when I sent the email, it bounced again from the old email address. I can fix the problem by starting from scratch, but I would like to know what I'm doing wrong. You probably didn't clear your AutoNameCheck List, so its still resolving the name to the ol...

Sent Items Disappear
For some reason, after an e-mail has been sent and it is moved to the sent items folder, it doesn't always stay there. Go back a day later and some of the e-mails you sent will be there, and some won't be. It seems to be doing this at random. We're utilizing Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2000 Post SP3 Rollup on the backend. The cache exchange feature is also being used if that makes a difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Justin Swall ...

Posting a Message to another class
Hi I've an application that has a class having a Callback function that recieves event messages. I want to process some of these events in another class. How can i Post these messages to be processed in other class. I tried using the postmessage but that asks for a window handle but the class that I want to process those messages in is a simple generic class without any window associated with it. Is there any way I can do so in this generic class. Regards Atif If you have to Post a message (because of thread) then what most people do is inherit the class from a CWnd, and create the w...

Outlook 2003/Sent to folder
Does anyone know why my sent to folder will not display the id of the person I sent the email to even if I select "to" in the arranged by section???? It's making it difficult to grab previously sent I without having to scan the subjects and do a search. I would much appreciate the assistance! Did you try resetting the view? -- -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a ...

Outlook error message #16
I get the following message when I try to setup user with existing mailbox. Microsoft Outlook: Unable to display the selected foler or item. You do not have permission to log on ...

How can I confirm a 'sent' e-mail?
Please tell me how I can tell if my e-mail has been sent. It will be in the Sent folder of your e-mail application. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Giacomo" <Giacomo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1133488-777F-4A5E-9E1D-63323636...

'there was an error opening this message, an error has occurred'
I get this when I try to open a message, create mail or open the addres book, any ideas anyone? ...

inbox won't update or alert new messages
In office outlook 2003, it won't notify me of any new emails with my msn email acct. The only way to see new emails is to switch from inbox to junk folder and back and forth, otherwise it is frozen. The sound alerts don't work and the email icon on the toolbar doesn't change when there is new mail. (p.s. under tools and accts. all the correct things are checked) .. Applies to Outlook 2002 and earlier and may not have been updated to include Outlook 2003: OL2002: You Cannot Receive New E-mail Notifications in Environments That Use the Network Address Translation http://s...