Sent messages display in Outbox

I use Outlook 2000 and Windows XP. When I compose a message and click on
Send, the message appears in my Outbox. The messages are transmitted, but
they still reside in Outbox. No sent message appears in the Sent folder,
though I have selected the option for transmitted messages to be saved in
the Sent folder. So the sent messages pile up in the Outbox. If a message
cannot be transmitted for some reason, it would also appear in the Outbox,
and I would not know that it had not transmitted since even the transmitted
messages also appear there. I have tried to move messages to the Sent
folder, but I cannot. This message appears: "The messaging interface has
returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I have
tried restarting, but no success. I have also tried to copy and paste the
messages to the Sent folder, with the same result. I have tried to repair
Outlook in Help. The repair went smoothly, but no change. I reinstalled
Outlook, but no change. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

0
hhhague (11)

U�ytkownik "HH" <hhhague@comcast.net> napisa� w wiadomo�ci
> I use Outlook 2000 and Windows XP. When I compose a message and click on
> Send, the message appears in my Outbox. The messages are transmitted, but
> they still reside in Outbox. No sent message appears in the Sent folder,
> though I have selected the option for transmitted messages to be saved in
> the Sent folder. So the sent messages pile up in the Outbox. If a message
> cannot be transmitted for some reason, it would also appear in the Outbox,
> and I would not know that it had not transmitted since even the
transmitted
> messages also appear there. I have tried to move messages to the Sent
> folder, but I cannot. This message appears: "The messaging interface has
> returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I
have
> tried restarting, but no success. I have also tried to copy and paste the
> messages to the Sent folder, with the same result. I have tried to repair
> Outlook in Help. The repair went smoothly, but no change. I reinstalled
> Outlook, but no change. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

probably you have some problems with your local PST file.
if yes, just rename it via filesystem, allow outlook to create new one,
attach old one and move your data from old one to new one...
You can also try to use some PST repair tools - easily can be found on
google...

Regards
Michal

0
Michal

Sent to as attachment command
I was wondering if there is a way to set up a hyperlink that when clicked sends the workbook as an attachment to the person specified by the hyperlink?? Hi Tom A hyperlink can't do this as far as I know But you can use a macro that will send it to the address in the activecell Sub Mail_workbook() If ActiveCell.Value Like "*@*" Then ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ActiveCell.Value, _ "This is the Subject line" End If End Sub See for more mail examples http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro...

how do i openexcel spreadsheet sent via e mail
how do iopen aspreadsheet sent via email windows need to know what programme created it .i dont understand Hi Always copy the file on your harddisk first before you open it Never open it in the mail. Maybe they send a link to the file to you instead of the file ? You can try this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver&qu...

importing email messages and contacts from another computer
I am trying to import all my information from Outlook 2007 from my old computer to my new one and cant figure out how. Anyone know how? "Pappa Pump" <Pappa Pump@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD342711-1997-4453-8AC5-DADADD2E665D@microsoft.com... >I am trying to import all my information from Outlook 2007 from my old > computer to my new one and cant figure out how. Anyone know how? Import is never the correct way to move data from one Outlook instance to another. See this: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm http://w...

CRM Customization help (grid display page menubar)
Hi all, What i need is to store a date value taken from user and pass it to all crm built pages and use it there. This needs to be done for a custom added entity. In detail i added an entity to handle payments for different clients. What i need is to add a button in the crm menu bar on the default grid display page for payments that would prompt the user for date and then set that date in the session or any place from where i can access it later in the input pages for pyaments. If there is an option available to add simple text field in the mebu bar that would be far better. any idea h...

Sent Mail, have mail in sent box not sent by me??
This has now happened two weeks in a row. How can I correct this? My computer is turned off when this is done. Email is being sent to people not in my contact list. Do I have to close this account in order to correct? Is it a Hotmail account? Recent reports of Hotmail Account hijacks http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=1fe6ed3e-eef6-4c57-933f-f3c408f1c5c1 If from another mail service, You can use the above as a guide for the sorts of things to check/change. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "eve" <eve@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook 2003 email remains open in Outbox
When email is finished and send is hit email goes to outlook folder. If the folder was empty the new email is auto made to appear as a opened email and will not send. Any additional emails send will log as should be in the outbox folder and send save for the first email. Doea anyone have a fix for this. ...

Message-ID
Can someone help me out with this one, where or how can you find out the Header or Message-ID of my mail server. When you send out an email it tagged a Message-ID or Header with something like this: Message-ID: <20040402170701.13156.qmail@web20212.mail.yahoo.com> I know that is email came from Yahoo mail. I have Exchange 5.5 sp4. Thanks in advance. ...

Keep getting message that excel has encountered a problem
I am using excel 97 on windows xp and when i click tools, then options, i keep getting a message that microsoft excel has encountered a problem and must close. help!!! ...

Finding "missing" Sent Mail
Hello... My Boss just came to me in a panic as he had a message on his screen about consolidating his mail (how he describes it) and he told it Yes.. He now can not find his saved Sent Mail.... Can you help? Where did it go? Thank you... Hi Stan, Perhaps he archived his email? Open Outlook, click on Tools > Options > Other > Autoarchive and see if autoarchive appears to be turned on. If it is, this will show you the exact file the items have been moved to. Next you will need for Outlook to display this file within the user interface. To do that, click on File >...

No labels for sent or forwared mail
Sometimes when I am forwarding or replying mails label of message is not changing as forwarded or replayed. Where is problem and how I can solve it? Thank You. Girts You mean the icon doesn't reflect the change? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/291 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "girts" <girts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Problem with windows messages routing, DoModal and MessageBox
Consider a working thread, periodically posting WM messages to GUI thread so the event handler CMyDialog:OmMyMsg is called. When I show another dialogs form CMyDialog:OmMyMsg() , and pass them "this" as a parent, MFC calls CMyDialog:OmMyMsg() again and again because there are more messages waiting (and the working thread posting them again and again). Now we throw away these messages with static guard but what we really want is the messages to wait in a queue _as if_ those another dialogs were shown from another thread. What are the possible solutions for the problem? Use...

How to embed/display Flash(.swf) in Dynamics CRM Online?
How to embedded/display Flash (.swf) in Dynamics CRM Online? (Other than using IFRAME to point to another Web Server or VirtualDirestory.) Thanks in advance! ~Stanley ...

Cannot send email messages
This is my first time using this so I hope I do this right. I am trying to help my sister with her email problem. She is not having a problem receiving emails but cant send. Is getting the following error message and outgoing emails are sitting in her outbox. We are using a wireless connection at a hospital where she is staying while being treated for cancer. Ok....too much infomation. Sorry. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'shower', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, ...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 Display larger memo field
Currently in cases we have a memo field in which contains a lot of information. Right now it the field only displays 4 rows of information and then the rest you have to use the scroll bar. Is there any way to make this memo field larger to eliminate less need for scrolling? Thanks! ...

old email sent back randomly
Hi, I'm running exchange 2000 on a server 2000 professional, both exchange and windows with the latest patches installed. One user sent an email in september to a bunch of people with an attachment of around 800 KB. Randomly this email is sent back to some of the people recipients of the first email. The user who sent the email and who is in destination of this email, does not receive it. Some of the recipients do not receive it and a NDR is generated however their email address is correct. I've checked the outbox on both outlook and outlook web access on the user'...

Forwarded messages in body of email not attachments
Getting back to Outlook after 5 years of not having it...when I receive a forwarded message, the forward comes in as an attachment - is there a way to set it up so that the forward is part of the body of the original email? (I'm using Outlook Connector, in case that matters - two email addresses.) Thanks! "AnneCir" <AnneCir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7EBCE93-4C4B-48AE-8767-88F317AAB9B6@microsoft.com... > Getting back to Outlook after 5 years of not having it...when I > receive a > forwarded message, the forward comes in as an attac...

Preventing End users in Outlook from Deleting sent folders
I want to be able to prevent users from deleting their sent emails. Is there a way to do so on the server side? I've never heard of any way to do this...all you could do, if you need to ensure you have copies of all data, would be to enable journaling... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFE53D7E-E2D3-4AB8-98EF-A1F781791308@microsoft.com... > I want to be able to prevent users from deleting their sent emails. Is there > a way to do so on the server side? Nope. A user has full control over their *own* mail...

Remove Test Drive Error message
I am trying to run the Remove Test Drive applet so I can install the "real" Office vX, but I am receiving an error message that I cannot figure out. PBCatSearchSync() -1304 When I click the OK button (my only choice), I receive a message that "The Office X Test Drive was not found on your computer." However, all applications are still present and still run, as Test Drive applications. How do I remove Test Drive so I can install the "real" version? Thanks. In article <229e9514.0404230724.7f2771ff@posting.google.com>, gbledsoe@msn.com (Gary Bledsoe) wrote...

mail not sent
User had an Excel spreadsheet open and tried e-mailing it from with Excel. It would not send. Message would appear at top saying that the file has not been sent. Has happened with other users. ...

Events & windows messages
Hello, Is there anyway you can use WaitForSingleObjects or WaitForMultipleObjects to detect when a new windows message has arrived in the processes message queue? I want to be able to wait on an event such as this within a thread process rather than it having to call PeekMessage all the time (which is extremely inefficient and needlessly slows down my other threads) I am using Visual C++ 5.0, 6.0 & 7.0 (.Net) Many thanks in advance! newsgroupie newsgroupie wrote: >Hello, > >Is there anyway you can use WaitForSingleObjects or >WaitForMultipleObjects to detect when a...

ActiveX Controls Display Issue?
All, I am starting out learning vba/vbe, but I am having problems controlling the ActiveX control objects. When I insert buttons and boxes from the forms toolbar, they work fine (except they don't have the same capabilities as ActiveX controls), when I insert ActiveX controls, I am getting wierd font behavior. When the object is selected, the text in the object looks fine. But when I select a worksheet cell or another object, the font goes wierd. Each letter in the text appears to get wider, so they run into eachother and look weird. As the users selects different buttons, the...

Resending Messages #2
In Outlook 2000, I sent an email message to a bad email address in my Contacts list. When the message bounced, I went into Contacts and entered the correct email address. Then, I opened the message from the Sent folder to resend it. When I double clicked on the email address, it showed the new, correct email address. However, when I sent the email, it bounced again from the old email address. I can fix the problem by starting from scratch, but I would like to know what I'm doing wrong. You probably didn't clear your AutoNameCheck List, so its still resolving the name to the ol...

Sent Items Disappear
For some reason, after an e-mail has been sent and it is moved to the sent items folder, it doesn't always stay there. Go back a day later and some of the e-mails you sent will be there, and some won't be. It seems to be doing this at random. We're utilizing Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2000 Post SP3 Rollup on the backend. The cache exchange feature is also being used if that makes a difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Justin Swall ...

Posting a Message to another class
Hi I've an application that has a class having a Callback function that recieves event messages. I want to process some of these events in another class. How can i Post these messages to be processed in other class. I tried using the postmessage but that asks for a window handle but the class that I want to process those messages in is a simple generic class without any window associated with it. Is there any way I can do so in this generic class. Regards Atif If you have to Post a message (because of thread) then what most people do is inherit the class from a CWnd, and create the w...

Credit Limit Display
Does anyone know if the the ability to display your credit limit in the account registers of credit cards has vanished from Microsoft Money 2007 or am I just not seeing it? -N I can see it. Account List > pick your CC account > Change Account Settings under Other tasks. Credit limit is way down the page. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. <foilthespam-google@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1169697467.5778...