Sent messages are not going to the SENT ITEMS folder

When I send messages in Outlook 2000, sent messages are
not going into the Sent Items folder.

I've got the check box set at Tools, Options, E-Mail
Options, Save Copies of Sent Messages in Sent Items
Folder.

It seems it was working, but not for the past three days.

Any ideas?  I'm using Windows XP Home, Office 2000.
0
anonymous (74717)

hgfd
0
brent212 (3)

Sent to as attachment command
I was wondering if there is a way to set up a hyperlink that when clicked sends the workbook as an attachment to the person specified by the hyperlink?? Hi Tom A hyperlink can't do this as far as I know But you can use a macro that will send it to the address in the activecell Sub Mail_workbook() If ActiveCell.Value Like "*@*" Then ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ActiveCell.Value, _ "This is the Subject line" End If End Sub See for more mail examples http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro...

how do i openexcel spreadsheet sent via e mail
how do iopen aspreadsheet sent via email windows need to know what programme created it .i dont understand Hi Always copy the file on your harddisk first before you open it Never open it in the mail. Maybe they send a link to the file to you instead of the file ? You can try this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver&qu...

importing email messages and contacts from another computer
I am trying to import all my information from Outlook 2007 from my old computer to my new one and cant figure out how. Anyone know how? "Pappa Pump" <Pappa Pump@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD342711-1997-4453-8AC5-DADADD2E665D@microsoft.com... >I am trying to import all my information from Outlook 2007 from my old > computer to my new one and cant figure out how. Anyone know how? Import is never the correct way to move data from one Outlook instance to another. See this: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm http://w...

Sent Mail, have mail in sent box not sent by me??
This has now happened two weeks in a row. How can I correct this? My computer is turned off when this is done. Email is being sent to people not in my contact list. Do I have to close this account in order to correct? Is it a Hotmail account? Recent reports of Hotmail Account hijacks http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=1fe6ed3e-eef6-4c57-933f-f3c408f1c5c1 If from another mail service, You can use the above as a guide for the sorts of things to check/change. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "eve" <eve@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Keep getting message that excel has encountered a problem
I am using excel 97 on windows xp and when i click tools, then options, i keep getting a message that microsoft excel has encountered a problem and must close. help!!! ...

Message-ID
Can someone help me out with this one, where or how can you find out the Header or Message-ID of my mail server. When you send out an email it tagged a Message-ID or Header with something like this: Message-ID: <20040402170701.13156.qmail@web20212.mail.yahoo.com> I know that is email came from Yahoo mail. I have Exchange 5.5 sp4. Thanks in advance. ...

No "M" drive in explorer and cannot open mailbox folders
Just installed Exch 2003 on Win 2000 Server and cannot see the "M" drive in explorer, and, cannot from a client open up mailbox folders. Any ideas why? Thx in advance! I just installed 2003 over 2000 and have the same problem. I can't see M so I can't get to the public folders. I hope someone here knows the answer. >-----Original Message----- >Just installed Exch 2003 on Win 2000 Server and cannot see >the "M" drive in explorer, and, cannot from a client open >up mailbox folders. > >Any ideas why? Thx in advance! >. > There is ...

Finding "missing" Sent Mail
Hello... My Boss just came to me in a panic as he had a message on his screen about consolidating his mail (how he describes it) and he told it Yes.. He now can not find his saved Sent Mail.... Can you help? Where did it go? Thank you... Hi Stan, Perhaps he archived his email? Open Outlook, click on Tools > Options > Other > Autoarchive and see if autoarchive appears to be turned on. If it is, this will show you the exact file the items have been moved to. Next you will need for Outlook to display this file within the user interface. To do that, click on File >...

No labels for sent or forwared mail
Sometimes when I am forwarding or replying mails label of message is not changing as forwarded or replayed. Where is problem and how I can solve it? Thank You. Girts You mean the icon doesn't reflect the change? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/291 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "girts" <girts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Problem with windows messages routing, DoModal and MessageBox
Consider a working thread, periodically posting WM messages to GUI thread so the event handler CMyDialog:OmMyMsg is called. When I show another dialogs form CMyDialog:OmMyMsg() , and pass them "this" as a parent, MFC calls CMyDialog:OmMyMsg() again and again because there are more messages waiting (and the working thread posting them again and again). Now we throw away these messages with static guard but what we really want is the messages to wait in a queue _as if_ those another dialogs were shown from another thread. What are the possible solutions for the problem? Use...

Cannot send email messages
This is my first time using this so I hope I do this right. I am trying to help my sister with her email problem. She is not having a problem receiving emails but cant send. Is getting the following error message and outgoing emails are sitting in her outbox. We are using a wireless connection at a hospital where she is staying while being treated for cancer. Ok....too much infomation. Sorry. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'shower', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, ...

Forwarded messages in body of email not attachments
Getting back to Outlook after 5 years of not having it...when I receive a forwarded message, the forward comes in as an attachment - is there a way to set it up so that the forward is part of the body of the original email? (I'm using Outlook Connector, in case that matters - two email addresses.) Thanks! "AnneCir" <AnneCir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7EBCE93-4C4B-48AE-8767-88F317AAB9B6@microsoft.com... > Getting back to Outlook after 5 years of not having it...when I > receive a > forwarded message, the forward comes in as an attac...

old email sent back randomly
Hi, I'm running exchange 2000 on a server 2000 professional, both exchange and windows with the latest patches installed. One user sent an email in september to a bunch of people with an attachment of around 800 KB. Randomly this email is sent back to some of the people recipients of the first email. The user who sent the email and who is in destination of this email, does not receive it. Some of the recipients do not receive it and a NDR is generated however their email address is correct. I've checked the outbox on both outlook and outlook web access on the user'...

Deleted Items in Cached Exchange Mode
I currently have users connecting to Exchange 2003 SP1 using Outlook 2003 SP2 in cached Exchange mode. I am coming across occasional users who are hitting their mailbox limit even though their mailbox seems quite empty. On further investigation it seems that users have been religiously emptying their deleted items in cached mode but when I use webmail to check their server version it has loads of deleted items still sitting in the deleted items folder. Is there any particular reason why the synchronisation between OST and server would fail but only for deleted items? Thanks Richard <...

Preventing End users in Outlook from Deleting sent folders
I want to be able to prevent users from deleting their sent emails. Is there a way to do so on the server side? I've never heard of any way to do this...all you could do, if you need to ensure you have copies of all data, would be to enable journaling... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFE53D7E-E2D3-4AB8-98EF-A1F781791308@microsoft.com... > I want to be able to prevent users from deleting their sent emails. Is there > a way to do so on the server side? Nope. A user has full control over their *own* mail...

Remove Test Drive Error message
I am trying to run the Remove Test Drive applet so I can install the "real" Office vX, but I am receiving an error message that I cannot figure out. PBCatSearchSync() -1304 When I click the OK button (my only choice), I receive a message that "The Office X Test Drive was not found on your computer." However, all applications are still present and still run, as Test Drive applications. How do I remove Test Drive so I can install the "real" version? Thanks. In article <229e9514.0404230724.7f2771ff@posting.google.com>, gbledsoe@msn.com (Gary Bledsoe) wrote...

mail not sent
User had an Excel spreadsheet open and tried e-mailing it from with Excel. It would not send. Message would appear at top saying that the file has not been sent. Has happened with other users. ...

Events & windows messages
Hello, Is there anyway you can use WaitForSingleObjects or WaitForMultipleObjects to detect when a new windows message has arrived in the processes message queue? I want to be able to wait on an event such as this within a thread process rather than it having to call PeekMessage all the time (which is extremely inefficient and needlessly slows down my other threads) I am using Visual C++ 5.0, 6.0 & 7.0 (.Net) Many thanks in advance! newsgroupie newsgroupie wrote: >Hello, > >Is there anyway you can use WaitForSingleObjects or >WaitForMultipleObjects to detect when a...

Resending Messages #2
In Outlook 2000, I sent an email message to a bad email address in my Contacts list. When the message bounced, I went into Contacts and entered the correct email address. Then, I opened the message from the Sent folder to resend it. When I double clicked on the email address, it showed the new, correct email address. However, when I sent the email, it bounced again from the old email address. I can fix the problem by starting from scratch, but I would like to know what I'm doing wrong. You probably didn't clear your AutoNameCheck List, so its still resolving the name to the ol...

Sent Items Disappear
For some reason, after an e-mail has been sent and it is moved to the sent items folder, it doesn't always stay there. Go back a day later and some of the e-mails you sent will be there, and some won't be. It seems to be doing this at random. We're utilizing Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2000 Post SP3 Rollup on the backend. The cache exchange feature is also being used if that makes a difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Justin Swall ...

Posting a Message to another class
Hi I've an application that has a class having a Callback function that recieves event messages. I want to process some of these events in another class. How can i Post these messages to be processed in other class. I tried using the postmessage but that asks for a window handle but the class that I want to process those messages in is a simple generic class without any window associated with it. Is there any way I can do so in this generic class. Regards Atif If you have to Post a message (because of thread) then what most people do is inherit the class from a CWnd, and create the w...

Outlook 2003/Sent to folder
Does anyone know why my sent to folder will not display the id of the person I sent the email to even if I select "to" in the arranged by section???? It's making it difficult to grab previously sent I without having to scan the subjects and do a search. I would much appreciate the assistance! Did you try resetting the view? -- -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a ...

Outlook error message #16
I get the following message when I try to setup user with existing mailbox. Microsoft Outlook: Unable to display the selected foler or item. You do not have permission to log on ...

'there was an error opening this message, an error has occurred'
I get this when I try to open a message, create mail or open the addres book, any ideas anyone? ...

How can I confirm a 'sent' e-mail?
Please tell me how I can tell if my e-mail has been sent. It will be in the Sent folder of your e-mail application. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Giacomo" <Giacomo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1133488-777F-4A5E-9E1D-63323636...