Sent Items #7

Hi All,

I have a user that is having problems with their sent
items folder. All was working fine up to one week ago,
after this point when he sends a email the email is no
longer stored in his sent items.

Had a look into the options tab making sure the check box
is checked for copying a sent email into to his sent
items. Am at a loss with this one, not sure what to try
next.

W2k Outlook express 6. He has not installed anynew
software, and he system is up-to-date virus defintions /
patchs.

Any help would be great.
Thanks
Matt

0
anonymous (74717)

try one of the support options here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;%5Bln%5D;oex&product=msall
This group is for Outlook support and not for Outlook Express support.

"Matty B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have a user that is having problems with their sent
> items folder. All was working fine up to one week ago,
> after this point when he sends a email the email is no
> longer stored in his sent items.
>
> Had a look into the options tab making sure the check box
> is checked for copying a sent email into to his sent
> items. Am at a loss with this one, not sure what to try
> next.
>
> W2k Outlook express 6. He has not installed anynew
> software, and he system is up-to-date virus defintions /
> patchs.
>
> Any help would be great.
> Thanks
> Matt

0
BillR9171 (440)
10/6/2004 12:03:47 PM
Thanks all got that working seemed the sent items folder
was corrupted. thx

0
anonymous (74717)

Sent to as attachment command
I was wondering if there is a way to set up a hyperlink that when clicked sends the workbook as an attachment to the person specified by the hyperlink?? Hi Tom A hyperlink can't do this as far as I know But you can use a macro that will send it to the address in the activecell Sub Mail_workbook() If ActiveCell.Value Like "*@*" Then ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ActiveCell.Value, _ "This is the Subject line" End If End Sub See for more mail examples http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro...

how do i openexcel spreadsheet sent via e mail
how do iopen aspreadsheet sent via email windows need to know what programme created it .i dont understand Hi Always copy the file on your harddisk first before you open it Never open it in the mail. Maybe they send a link to the file to you instead of the file ? You can try this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver&qu...

Tracking inventory of lot matrix items
Hi I have a situation where we sell cigars by pack or individually. I have created lot matrix items so we can do that. Now, how do I track inventory in this situation. My cashiers break open a packs to sell individual cigars all day long. It is not practical to change inventory every time a pack is broken open. Is there a better way to track inventory. Any help is appreciated. Regards JD JD, Go into a Standard item > Special tab. Look at the Parent > Child section From Help; Parent item: Displays the item lookup code of the parent of this item. A parent item is defined as a...

Sent Mail, have mail in sent box not sent by me??
This has now happened two weeks in a row. How can I correct this? My computer is turned off when this is done. Email is being sent to people not in my contact list. Do I have to close this account in order to correct? Is it a Hotmail account? Recent reports of Hotmail Account hijacks http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=1fe6ed3e-eef6-4c57-933f-f3c408f1c5c1 If from another mail service, You can use the above as a guide for the sorts of things to check/change. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "eve" <eve@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Finding "missing" Sent Mail
Hello... My Boss just came to me in a panic as he had a message on his screen about consolidating his mail (how he describes it) and he told it Yes.. He now can not find his saved Sent Mail.... Can you help? Where did it go? Thank you... Hi Stan, Perhaps he archived his email? Open Outlook, click on Tools > Options > Other > Autoarchive and see if autoarchive appears to be turned on. If it is, this will show you the exact file the items have been moved to. Next you will need for Outlook to display this file within the user interface. To do that, click on File >...

missing items in transactions reports
I think there seems to be a bug in money. I created a new account in MS Money 2005. and then I manually added the payee and the proper catagory. However, when I go to reports and click transactions by catagory, I do not see my transaction even though I set it to the catagory. I searched and did everything but nothing. can anyone help? You added: an account a payee a category. Did you ever actually add a **transaction** in the account register for the payee with the category? Have you checked the customizations on the report to make sure that it covers the right account, payee, category,...

No labels for sent or forwared mail
Sometimes when I am forwarding or replying mails label of message is not changing as forwarded or replayed. Where is problem and how I can solve it? Thank You. Girts You mean the icon doesn't reflect the change? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/291 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "girts" <girts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

old email sent back randomly
Hi, I'm running exchange 2000 on a server 2000 professional, both exchange and windows with the latest patches installed. One user sent an email in september to a bunch of people with an attachment of around 800 KB. Randomly this email is sent back to some of the people recipients of the first email. The user who sent the email and who is in destination of this email, does not receive it. Some of the recipients do not receive it and a NDR is generated however their email address is correct. I've checked the outbox on both outlook and outlook web access on the user'...

How to use a shared printer (win xp 32bit) on windows 7 (64 bit) without 64bit driver?
Hi, I've connected my Epson EPL-5900L to my desktop-pc (Windows XP 32bit) and share it in the network. Now I want to use this shared printer on a Windows 7 (64bit) notebook but unfortunately there are no 64bit drivers for this printer (not for windows 7 and not for vista). Is there a way I can use this printer on the notebook? --> Maybe a "proxy-printer" on the XP-machine where exists 64bit driver f�r windows 7. Hopefully someone can help me. Markus To print from 64-bit Win 7 you will need 64-bit Win 7 drivers. If the printer has a emu,lation of...

CheckBox click on CtreeCtrl item
Hi all! How it's possible to intercept when a user click on the check box of a CtreeCtrl item? Thanx, Davids I only know of one way to do this. subclass a CTreeCtrl class, takeover the WM_LBUTTONDOWN. Use the HitTest method of the tree ctrl to see where it hits. void CMyTree::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags,CPoint Point) { UINT Flags; HTREEITEM Item = HitTest(Point,&Flags); if (Item != NULL) { if (Flags & TVHT_ONITEMSTATEICON) { //it was on the checkbox } } } AliR. "Davids" <davids@dav.com> wrote in messag...

Preventing End users in Outlook from Deleting sent folders
I want to be able to prevent users from deleting their sent emails. Is there a way to do so on the server side? I've never heard of any way to do this...all you could do, if you need to ensure you have copies of all data, would be to enable journaling... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFE53D7E-E2D3-4AB8-98EF-A1F781791308@microsoft.com... > I want to be able to prevent users from deleting their sent emails. Is there > a way to do so on the server side? Nope. A user has full control over their *own* mail...

Deleted Items in Cached Exchange Mode
I currently have users connecting to Exchange 2003 SP1 using Outlook 2003 SP2 in cached Exchange mode. I am coming across occasional users who are hitting their mailbox limit even though their mailbox seems quite empty. On further investigation it seems that users have been religiously emptying their deleted items in cached mode but when I use webmail to check their server version it has loads of deleted items still sitting in the deleted items folder. Is there any particular reason why the synchronisation between OST and server would fail but only for deleted items? Thanks Richard <...

mail not sent
User had an Excel spreadsheet open and tried e-mailing it from with Excel. It would not send. Message would appear at top saying that the file has not been sent. Has happened with other users. ...

Flash Player 11.5.7.609
I had Shockewave Player 11.5.1r601 installed and I noticed that 11.5.7.609 is the latest so I attempted to install it but an error message came up staing 'The saystem must be restarted to complete the installation. Please try installation after restarting the computer.' I went into Add/Remove programs and deleted my version and then went back to the Adobe website to install 11.5.7.709 again but the same message came up so now I do not have a Shockwave Player. Help! I figured it out. Since I was in my 'User' account, I had to sign in to my 'Adminis...

Sent Items Disappear
For some reason, after an e-mail has been sent and it is moved to the sent items folder, it doesn't always stay there. Go back a day later and some of the e-mails you sent will be there, and some won't be. It seems to be doing this at random. We're utilizing Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2000 Post SP3 Rollup on the backend. The cache exchange feature is also being used if that makes a difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Justin Swall ...

Add an item in outlook
How can i add a folder under inbox remotely for all my users.I want to create this folder for all my users with his inbox charcterstics(is special for each user). Then i want to send a message with special content to go inside this folder. Thanks ...

Outlook 2003/Sent to folder
Does anyone know why my sent to folder will not display the id of the person I sent the email to even if I select "to" in the arranged by section???? It's making it difficult to grab previously sent I without having to scan the subjects and do a search. I would much appreciate the assistance! Did you try resetting the view? -- -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a ...

How can I confirm a 'sent' e-mail?
Please tell me how I can tell if my e-mail has been sent. It will be in the Sent folder of your e-mail application. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Giacomo" <Giacomo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1133488-777F-4A5E-9E1D-63323636...

Testing #7
Just testing to see if posting works Craig Craig Sink <cwsink@msn.com> wrote: > Just testing to see if posting works Then post in a group meant for test messages. microsoft.public.test.here is one. -- Brian Tillman ...

display sent msg sent from outlook in sent item on server
i am using outlook express, but when i send any msg from outlook, it never appear in sent items on server, is there any feature that if i sent msg from outlook it appear in sent message section on server. You'll need an IMAP account for that. You probably have a POP3 account. Contact your ISP and ask if they support IMAP as well for your account. Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us...

budget per INV item
Budgeting is based on GL-accounts. Is theire any way to budget per inventory items or inventory class ID (add on software etc) -- Toni ...

Exchange 2003 Not Storing Email in Sent Items
We just migrated over to 2003 and Exchange 2003 and have been noticing sporadic occasions of some email not being saved in sent items. No, there are no filter, rules or anything on the outlook clients and this does NOT happen on ever mail so "save sent items" is turned on. At first it seemed that it was only emails that were old but I have users reporting that after creating a brand new email they are not stored. I have another user that when he forwards a certain email it will not show up no matter how many times you try. I've logged in using OWE and other workstations with ...

payroll posting Account setup in GP 7.5
WHich table contains the information displayed on 'payroll posting Account setup'? ...

How do I center an email being sent from Publisher?
I am trying to get the message to appear in the middle of the email message. It would be great if I could learn how to do a color border too. Why not compose your email as a publication? Center your message, draw a rectangle around the creation, give the line a color and send it to the back. Save the whole message as a .jpg and send. It will be an attachment. You also can convert the publication to a web page and send. If your recipient has HTML enabled in their mail program, the message will remain centered. A PDF will work too, like the .jpg option, it will arrive as an attachment. ...

CListCtrl Item Data Question
When I try to 'attach' item data to my list, I am causing my program to crash when the dialog closes. If I comment out the .SetItemData, all is OK (but I don't have my data :( Code snipets are below... any ideas? -- in my CDlg derived class .h-- CLayoutList layoutList; // a member of the CDlg derived class -- dlg implementation .cpp for(int i=0;i<layoutList.arrLayouts.length();i++) { m_lstSheets.InsertItem(0,layoutList.arrLayouts.at(i)->strLayoutName); m_lstSheets.SetItemText(0,1,layoutList.arrLayouts.at(i)->strPath); m_lstSheets.SetItemData(0,(LPARAM)layout...