Sending Information with Outlook 2003 Custom Forms

I have created a custom message form that is used to transfer information
between two parties. I have used a combination of controls (text boxes, check
boxes, option buttons, combo boxes) for page 2 of the message that will be
used to enter all the information to be transfered.

Ideally what would happen is that Party A would partially complete the form
and send it to Party B. Party B would then complete the necessary information
and return the form to Party A.

When information is entered, the form is sent, and the receiver opens the
message, all of the controls are blank. There is no text in text boxes, all
check boxes and option buttons appear unchecked, and all combo boxes are
blank.

Are there any suggestions as to what I would have to do that would allow the
receiver to see all of the entered information when the message is opened?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!
0
b_c (1)

You would need to do the following:

1) Make sure that both Party A and Party B have access to the published =
form definition.=20

2) Make sure that the "send form definition with item" box on the =
(Properties) page in design mode is *not* checked.=20

3) Bind each control to an Outlook property, creating new ones as =
needed. Do this on both the compose layout and the read layout. See =
http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=3D38

FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down =
the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web =
interface, at =
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=3Dmicroso=
ft.public.outlook.program_forms

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
    http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54=20

"b_c" <b_c@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I have created a custom message form that is used to transfer =
information=20
> between two parties. I have used a combination of controls (text =
boxes, check=20
> boxes, option buttons, combo boxes) for page 2 of the message that =
will be=20
> used to enter all the information to be transfered.=20
>=20
> Ideally what would happen is that Party A would partially complete the =
form=20
> and send it to Party B. Party B would then complete the necessary =
information=20
> and return the form to Party A.=20
>=20
> When information is entered, the form is sent, and the receiver opens =
the=20
> message, all of the controls are blank. There is no text in text =
boxes, all=20
> check boxes and option buttons appear unchecked, and all combo boxes =
are=20
> blank.
>=20
> Are there any suggestions as to what I would have to do that would =
allow the=20
> receiver to see all of the entered information when the message is =
opened?=20
>=20
> Thanks in advance for any guidance!
0
suemvp (4038)
7/11/2007 2:42:13 PM
Thank you, that helped tremendously!

The only problem I have now is printing the custom form. I would like it to
print the form as it appers on the screen. Is there a way of doing this
without using print screen?

Thanks in advance.

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> You would need to do the following:
>
> 1) Make sure that both Party A and Party B have access to the published form definition.
>
> 2) Make sure that the "send form definition with item" box on the (Properties) page in design mode is *not* checked.
>
> 3) Bind each control to an Outlook property, creating new ones as needed. Do this on both the compose layout and the read layout. See http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=38
>
> FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>    Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
>      Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
>     http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54
>

> "b_c" <b_c@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B18E8A6-B4E5-426E-935D-2511D0B6BF7B@microsoft.com...
> >I have created a custom message form that is used to transfer information
> > between two parties. I have used a combination of controls (text boxes, check
> > boxes, option buttons, combo boxes) for page 2 of the message that will be
> > used to enter all the information to be transfered.
> >
> > Ideally what would happen is that Party A would partially complete the form
> > and send it to Party B. Party B would then complete the necessary information
> > and return the form to Party A.
> >
> > When information is entered, the form is sent, and the receiver opens the
> > message, all of the controls are blank. There is no text in text boxes, all
> > check boxes and option buttons appear unchecked, and all combo boxes are
> > blank.
> >
> > Are there any suggestions as to what I would have to do that would allow the
> > receiver to see all of the entered information when the message is opened?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any guidance!

0
BC (33)
7/11/2007 9:20:03 PM
See http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D24 for various =
solutions to the limitation that Outlook forms don't support WYSIWYG =
printing. The Word template technique is the most flexible and highly =
recommended.=20

> [...]
>> >=20
>> > Ideally what would happen is that Party A would partially complete =
the form=20
>> > and send it to Party B. Party B would then complete the necessary =
information=20
>> > and return the form to Party A.=20
>> >=20
>> > When information is entered, the form is sent, and the receiver =
opens the=20
>> > message, all of the controls are blank. There is no text in text =
boxes, all=20
>> > check boxes and option buttons appear unchecked, and all combo =
boxes are=20
>> > blank.
>> >=20
>> > Are there any suggestions as to what I would have to do that would =
allow the=20
>> > receiver to see all of the entered information when the message is =

outlook express password #3
I want to password protect my outlook express so that you need the password to access new mail. why is it that even though the "enter password box" appears, you can still see the "in box" messages in the screen behind? if you "click" cancel on the enter password, you can still access any inbox mail that appears on the screen. is there a setting so that when you click outlook icon and enter a password to access, no other box appears on the screen? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outl...

No message in outbox

Sending mail from remote location

Outlook 2007
Hi, I am having the following problem with Outlook 2007. Whenever I run outlook the CPU utilization goes up over 99%. I've been using OL 2007 for over 4 months and it was working fine. Tried repairing/recreating the OST and PST files. Tried disabling all Add-ins (LinkedIn, Outlook Connector, etc.) tried running Outlook in Safe Mode. Nothing seems to work. Anyone has any ideas as to what might be wrong?? I havent recently installed or uninstalled anything on my machine. I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 2, Norton Antivirus, RealSecure Desktop protector. Do you have iTunes/iPod...

Installing CRM SFO (Sales for Outlook)
Hi all, I know this has been answered before but I can´t find it on the newsgroups or in the knowledge base. What is the fix for installing SFO without the local user having Admin rights. I found the KB arcticle (https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYVTQUUXNNZOUKYPPPQSNNPQVXOKWVPZWKNZPWQPQPROKZKMLMMYLZSMKRLWVZOQWZZYTLUUVMQLVTLOKP) on how to do it buy granting admin rights to each of the users individually, but I remember reading somewhere how to fix this problem. Is there a hotfix or somthing? Ideas? David Try this link http://www.microsoft.com...

Word as Outlook e-mail editor
I'm using Windows XP and Microsoft Office XP standard, 2002 version. Word has always been my e-mail editor, but today when I tried to respond to an e-mail I got the following message: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." After a delay, the form opens, but when I click "Send," Outlook crashes. Any suggestions? ...

Error : The Information Store Could Not Be Opened
Hi, I having this error message when I try to open Rules Wizard with Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2000... So I can't access or create any rules... How can I fix this ? Thanks ...

PowerPoint 2003 to accessible Word 2003 via VBA?
I'd like to extract all content from a Windows PowerPoint 2003 document and place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to PDF conversion seems to provide better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to PDF conversion. I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline does not include any of the following: - text added on a blank slide layout - text in a text box - tables. - images. Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as tables? Charles Belo...

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

Master Category List keeps reverting to default list
I have had the Master Category List revert to the default list several times now. This has happend at least 6 times since I upgraded to Office 2003 a year ago. This is annoying, as I have my own, different, list of categories that I use. I have used the good info that Sue Mosher provides at: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olcat.htm to make a backup of my catagories. Using the registry restore routine certainly makes the fix a bit easier than retyping all of the categories. Still, having to dink with the registry to keep outlook from destrying my data is more than a bit unnerving. Does...

Outlook Exprerss v6
All Using Outlook, any e-mails received with attachments the following message is received 'OE removed access to the following attachments in your mail:' I know the attachment is 'safe' as it oringinated from myself. Is there a setting that needs changing? Regards Allan Tools->options->security. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlo...

how do i make subcolumbs with in a columb with 2003 excell
? I don't know what you mean by "subcolumns", but it doesn't sound like anything supported by Excel. Perhaps you could provide an explanation and example of exactly what you are looking for. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2008 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com (email on web site) "jsm" <jsm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BA7A1F4-8A0A-4544-9F5F-450FFA28114E@microsoft.com... >? ...

How Best to Disable <ESC> Key on Form
My problem surrounds the <ESC> key function by design within Access. In my office we have a major departmental database being accessed by 20-30 users at any given time. 1. This is NOT an issue of the number of simultaneous users. 2. It IS a problem of users ACCIDENTALLY hitting <ESC> ocassionally while they are entering data into this database. + The users are using this database and another commercial database (non-Access, which has different functional use for the <ESC> key than in Access) toggling back and fort...

Overly large public folder information store
I have an exchange 2000 server (SP3, all patches applied, only one server in the organization) that seems to have a serious problem in regards to the size of the public folder store. The total size of all public folders on the server (according to both the System Manager and Outlook's "folder size" command) is about 3.3GB. However, the actual size of pub1.edb is 5.1GB, and pub1.stm is 8.4GB. Deleted item retention is set to 1 day. Message journaling is enabled (and is what compromises the bulk of that 3.3GB) Quarterly, I copy the data from the public folder containin...

Send and Recieve Fix

Outlook 2002 XP no response

Unable to send?

Outlook not opening IE8
I am running Windows 7 64 bit, Outlook 2007 and IE8. Recently Outlook has given me an error message when I click on a hyperlink to IE, stating "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I am the administrator; what do I do? -- Larry "Larry H" <LarryH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE68908B-9B34-442E-B1C1-8022078730C9@microsoft.com... > I am running Windows 7 64 bit, Outlook 2007 and IE8. Recently Outlook has > given me an error message when I c...

Sending messages in Outlook

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Can't find my pab file in outlook 2002
I can't find my pab file so I can copy my contacts to another computer. I don't know that Outlook uses a PAB file unless you specified it when you set that version of Outlook up. If you did, do a file search for *.pab. If not, then it should be located in a .pst. Are you using Outlook via POP3 for mail, IMAP, Exchange (usually a business environment? -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny "Kathy" wrote: > I can't find my pab file so I can copy my cont...

Send Do Not Send