Sending from 2 different computers

I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop at home and 2002 on my laptop while
traveling. My server is Comcast. I would strongly prefer to use
Outlook (rather than Comcast's webmail) on both computers.

I have configured Outlook on both computers to receive email. I can
also leave a copy on the server so it can be downloaded again later on
the other computer, assuring that I always have copies of all emails
no matter which computer I'm using.

Problem is I can't send from my laptop. I've tried Comcast's
instructions for configuring Outlook 2002 for use while traveling, but
it doesn't work (so far). Any suggestions?

Analogue Primitivist, you  wrote on Sun, 10 Jun 2007 09:47:07 -0700:

> Any suggestions?

Any error messages?

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller
Analogue Primitivist <conservationsoutheast@comcast.net> wrote:

> Problem is I can't send from my laptop. I've tried Comcast's
> instructions for configuring Outlook 2002 for use while traveling, but
> it doesn't work (so far). Any suggestions?

Comcast's instructions for Outlook are incorrect.  Use their instructions
for Outlook Express instead.  They've changed port numbers and while they
updated the OE instructions, it doesn't look like they updated the Outlook
instructions.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Export #2
I have a 2k line excel doc witht he following A1 Item 339393 no longer in stock - Tuesday, September 11, 2007 I need to separate the data into 2 cells a1 b2 Text Data how can i remove the date infomation from the field and put it in a new cell by itself? Hi Select column A>Data>Text to Columns>Delimited>Next>Other> put - in box next to other>Finish -- Regards Roger Govier "Mrbanner" <mrbanner@swiftdsl.com.au> wrote in message news:1193204495.782752.174740@v23g2000prn.googlegroups.com... >I have a 2k line excel ...

No message in outbox

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

Sending mail from remote location

Send and Recieve Fix

2.0 Threads, Join() and Invoke
Hi, I just want to run several threads at the same time. The code below just hang because - I guess - it can't access the TextBox.Text method. What is wrong with tis code ?! Thanks. Melina. public class Report { public TextBox _log; private List<RptTemplate> _listeTemplate; private List<CIF> _listeCIF; public Report(TextBox logTextBox, List<RptTemplate> listeTemplate, List<CIF> listeCIF) { _log = logTextBox; _listeTemplate = listeTemplate; _listeCIF = lis...

Urgent #2
Dear My Outlook 2003, is configured with two e-mail accounts, how can I configure Outlook to send messege using alternative e-mail account automatically if it failed to send using the default e-mail account? This feature was available in Outllok 2002 On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:42:30 +0200, "Mahmoud" <m.metwally@iqaratmisr.com> wrote: >Dear >My Outlook 2003, is configured with two e-mail accounts, how can I configure >Outlook to send messege using alternative e-mail account automatically if it >failed to send using the default e-mail account? >This feature wa...

.EMAIL ATTACHMENTS #2
I have received emails lately that have an attachment with the extension of .email. I can't get these attachments to open. When I double click, it appears to start to open, but really nothing happens. Any advice? Please respond to email address above. Thanks! The closest "legal" file extension would be .eml , which is the Outlook Express default file extension. Regardless of the file name, extension type, you should be very careful with any file attachments if they are unexpected from people you do not know. If the message is from someone you are expecting a file att...

POP Problem with Outlook 2003 & Vista #2
I continually get this message on this new Vista Computer. Any input would be greatly appreciated. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= =AD------------------------------------------------------ Task 'mail.xxxxxxx.org - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= =AD----------...

Charts based on Different Dates
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to (if possible) create a series of charts that involve certain dates throughout the year. The data will be the same for all charts but I want it to be between dates. I might want to see charts for 01/01/10 to 31/03/10 or I might want to see the same Charts but for different dates like 01/04/10 to 30/06/10 or from 01/01/10 to 30/06/10 Is it possible to be able to enter the "from" date into say A1 and the "to" date into B1 and then the charts will automatically show the corresponding data. I have something fixed already using sumproduc...

Unable to send?

Web Access #2
Hey guys, I cannot user Outlook Web Access anymore, where can I troubleshoot this? You haven't said what version, and given very little information to go on, so this reply may be way off. You could start with the OWA troubleshooting guide: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/support/troubowa.mspx -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Melvin" <mrodriguez@nyas.org> wrote in message news:eh61ZzrWEHA.808@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hey guys, I cannot user Outlook Web Access anymore,...

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Can I print 2 A5 side by side on A4 landscape
Using Publisher , how can i produce two identical A5 text layouts , side-by-side on a sheet of A4 landscape paper Setup your printer first, select A4. In page setup select custom, landscape, input 14.8cm width and 20.997cm height. The dialogue on the page setup will say "Prints 2 copies per sheet, 2 columns of 1." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Molly" <Molly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12E49428-863F-4657-92FE-0263BBA164C2@microsoft.com... > Using Publisher , how c...

Sending messages in Outlook

urgent (high importance) messages #2
Is there a way to remove the high importance flag from messages sent through Exchange 2003? We have a number of users that always set this flag even though the subject matter of the message is not important at all. Thanks Might be, in one of the policies that are Outlook/Office based? Sorry can't be more specific than that... JeffG On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 04:53:03 -0800, "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to remove the high importance flag from messages sent through >Exchange 2003? > >We have a number of users that always set ...

CListView Problem #2
Hi, I have a strange problem that 'just appeared' a couple of days ago. http://reserveanalyst.com/images/ListView.jpg Both views are derived from my CLView:CListView. I also have a CLView object in another view not derived and driven from the doc that's fine. I can only hope this rings a bell as I've shut _everything_ off in the report view, (toolbars, initializing columns, writing rows, styles, tooltips, anything my derived class does.) The only thing I'm doing that is different than MFC is my doc manager deletes and creates views in the main frame, but I doubt th...

Send Do Not Send

appending data from text file with different column orderings
I'm interested in appending data to an Access table without having tobe constrained by the order of the columns in an external file. Forinstance, if I have a table with 4 fields - A, B, C, D - I would liketo be able to have my external file in any column order, say D, C, B,A. Is this possible without programming?>From what I've seen, it seems that I would have to have my externalfile ordered the same as the table - A, B, C, D - and I'd like to haveindependence of the table ordering.Denis On Mar 14, 4:37 pm, John Nurick <j.mapSoN.nur...@dial.pipex.com>wrote:> Hi Denis,...

What was Outlook sending?

missing public folder #2
For some reason completely unknown to me, many of the public folders dissappeared from the M drive and are no longer accessible from the Outlook clients. On the other hand, when I look at the Exchange administration program the folders are all there and the permissions seem correct. Is there any way of getting these back without doing a complete system/Exchange restore? Sounds like Joe has exactly the same problem I am describing. I did look at the EMS and all of the folders are indicated and the permissions are correct. No one touched these things. Still they do not appear on the M drive a...

master pages #2
I have a two-sided Master Page in a booklet publication that I am using for the cover page. In Master Page view, both sides of the page appear just fine. But when I exit Master Page view, the publisher page only shows up as one page. I am not using a Web publication, and I have selected two-page master when I created the page, and I have applied the master page to the publication. Why does the two-sided master page only show up as one page in the published pages? Hi - Try adding two pages. You must have four pages for 2 facing pages to "work." The front "cover" sh...

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003