Sending appointments

I understand it is possible to make an appointment in one's Outlook 2003
calendar and invite other people (not necessarily using Outlook) by email,
by typing their email address in the relevant lines on the scheduling
screen.

I tested this feature by inviting myself using my hotmail email account but
the email didn't arrive.

Is this a reliable feature of Outlook and should it work with any email
address?

0
colin6205 (28)

It's quite reliable, but the other recipients need to be using Outlook or
another program that supports the iCalendar specification.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"C Tate" <colin@nobodyhere.mrcrtate.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>I understand it is possible to make an appointment in one's Outlook 2003
>calendar and invite other people (not necessarily using Outlook) by email,
>by typing their email address in the relevant lines on the scheduling
>screen.
>
> I tested this feature by inviting myself using my hotmail email account
> but the email didn't arrive.
>
> Is this a reliable feature of Outlook and should it work with any email
> address?

0
suemvp (4038)

Strange sending/receiving problem
I have been using Outlook 2003, and recently meet some problem on sending/receiving emails. the button and the command under the menu for "sending/receiving" disappear suddenly! I run a Windox XP system restore, and finally the button and the command under menu show "sending/receiving", however, when I click on them, there is no reaction at all. When I tried to click on "Define sending/receiving group", no reaction either. And I am sure there are valid emails accounts set in the outlook 2003. Anybody has idea about what is going wrong? ...

how to minimise photo attachments for email sending ?
when i attach a photo to an outgoing email, it takes hours for it to go through. I'm told bye the receiver, that it the picture is absolutely huge & takes hours to come in on the server. if i could minimise the photo, it would go through quicker & could be re-enlarged bye the receiver ?? 1) Yes. 2) In general "No". Specifics would depend on the original file-format of the picture if you are sending. If in bmp-format; then it can be compressed and decompressed without affecting the original image. Converting it to a different file-format such as jpg or...

Shared calendar does not show text in appointments
I've had a request for help because a user on our network, who has access permission to her bosses calendar, has a problem. When the PA sets new appointments she can see botht he new item and all the other appointments, whether she set them up or her boss did. However, when the Boss looks in the calender for herself, the ones set up by the PA show as blank spaces, but the subject line does not show the text. The PA knows how wto do this and IS using the subject line properly to detail what the appointment is for. Honestly, I'm baffled - I've never heard of this before. Any ideas ...

Can't send more than one email
I have Outlook 2000. Have been using it with no problems for year until recently. Out of nowhere I am unable to send an email to mor than one recipient at a time. The strange thing is Outlook gives me n indication that the email with multiple recipients has not bee recieved. Nobody receives the email and yet the email is in my sen items box. I've called my server thinking it was their problem but it not. Sending an email by logging on through their website gives me n problems. Could it be something to do with all the protection we'v put on our computer? The only thing that'...

How do I delete an enormus file in outbox that will not send
I have Outlook 2003 and I've created an enormus picture file (29MB) that seems to be stuck in the outbox and will not send. I have tried numerous attempt to delete it to no avail. How may I delete it? http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm should be helpful. "2ndbase1" <2ndbase1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C444091F-F117-4068-82E9-FF016546601C@microsoft.com... >I have Outlook 2003 and I've created an enormus picture file (29MB) that > seems to be stuck in the outbox and will not send. I have tried numerous > ...

Creating appointment problem
Hi.. I have installed Exchange server 2007 on my machine.I have installed Exchange server 2007 sdk on my machine.I am studing the sample examples from SDK. There is one example called as Createappointment.Its not working properly. When I try to run this particular program it gives following errror : CreateAppointment threw the following error: IDispatch error #3105 Make sure you are running this on an Exchange server. Can anybody help me? Thanks Ashwin Sancheti. ...

can not send/receive emails error 0x800CCC0F
When I sign in to Windows Live Mail, this error box pops up. It won't receive or send any emails. Any help on this one is much appreciated as this is my business email and I am unable to my job if I can't be in contact with my clients... thanks!!! Unable to send or receive messages for the ********* (jenn) account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Server: 'pop.bizmail.yahoo.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F Protocol: POP3 Port...

How can you see in real time who is sending email
- Hello everyone, Exchange 5.5 How can I see in real time who is sending outbound email? Several times per week I have users sending out large amounts of email. I need to know if there is a way to see who is sending in real time. Something that will point me to the user(s) doing the sending right now (real time) Thanks for any help, Terry On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:41:45 -0500, "theitman" <nospam@olsbuff.com> wrote: >- >Hello everyone, > >Exchange 5.5 >How can I see in real time who is sending outbound email? >Several times per week I have users sending out...

People sending me mail get mailbox full message
I know my mailbox is not full, it's a brand new computer and i maybe have 10 messages. People sending me email get the message yet I don't get any such message on my end. Where can I go to see if I'm actually out of space and/or increase the space? Help anyone. On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 07:31:06 -0800, "Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know my mailbox is not full, it's a brand new computer and i maybe >have 10 messages. People sending me email get the message yet I >don't get any such message on my end. Where can I go to see if...

How do I start to use Outlook to send and receive mail?
How do I start to use Outlook to send and receive mail the help file has been no help on how to just begin from scratc Thanks Scott What version of Outlook? Have you asked your ISP for help? You'll need to know your account settings from them. Scott wrote: > How do I start to use Outlook to send and receive mail? > > the help file has been no help on how to just begin from scratch > > Thanks! > Scott ...

Marking all calendar appointments as private???
The following question was asked of me. "Is there a setting that can be changed on the exchange server so that people are not able to see the subject of other peoples' calendar appointments? I know that individuals can mark their own appointments as private, but I'm looking for a global setting that would make all appointments private for everyone." I don't know why they would want this done. First, can it be done? Second, what are the implications that I should make them aware of if it could be done? Thanks. On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:25:44 -0500, "Todd Fuhr...

scheduling appointments with user weirdness- wrong user gets notification
I have a very strange problem happening. A user will create an event and try to schedule other outlook/exchange users. this also may be an update to an existing event with multiple attending users a given user, whether invited or not , will receive the above meeting event in their inbox that is for another user. if they try to accept or decline they'll get permissioned denied because the mail belongs to another user... or something to that affect. it is way weird. any one seen this before? alan On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 16:32:44 -0700, "Alan Drown" <adrown@sigmalan.c...

Send/Receive #8
I started receiving the following error a couple days ago. I reloaded my computer last weekend to fix this and an IE problem, but both have started reoccuring. The error is as follows: Task 'account name - Sending and Receiving' reported (0x800CC0F): 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded; ?&#9633;' I do not receive this error from using other computers. ...

Public Folder Calendar Appointment Updates
We use MS-Exchange with Outlook in our organization. We have set up a group calendar using public folders in Exchange to track group appointments. We enter appointments into this group folder and then invite the applicable people to the appointment. When we update or delete an appointment, the public folder keeps the old appointment in the calendar. This makes it difficult to determine which appointments are correct. Does anybody know how to get the public folder to automatically accept the changes and only show the most up to date information? Thanks, ...

AC2007-Change where to send Report.
Another Question from Andrew. I have a table [Contracts] with a field [Contract_Number], text field, no duplicates. This table is maintained by in house (Back end). Users of the database (Front end) fill out routine data on forms which fill up several tables. Queries are used to compile data for reports, most of which is the same however depending on [Client] the format of the form must change. I have designed several forms to meet their “Particular needs”. Is there a way to fire off the info to the right form (using a print form button) based on [Contract_Number] ? Any h...

Sending to Recipiants a Word Document not as attachment
When I send a Word Document that is not an attachment to some people in my address book, some of them cannot read the document and some can. Some say that a pop-up window tells them to download a chinese font or something like that. So they hit cancel. How can I send the word document (not as an attachment, but more like a web page) to a recipiant without them getting scrambled words, images, and fonts mixed up? All help is really appreciated. Robert in Orlando ...

Can't send email all of a sudden
Hello, I can no longer send email with Outlook 2003. I can receive just fine, just can't send. This is the error message I get: Task 'xxxxxxxxx's Mail - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 550 69.181.249.87 blocked by ldap:ou=rbl,dc=comcast,dc=net -> 550 Message sending error. Please go to http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?faq=SecuritySpam17867' Can anyone help me out with this? Any help would be appreciated, thanks! Sounds like you...

Can't send link or page using Outlook
I am using windows 7 64 bit. I used to be able to send a link by clicking on the 'page' drop down box and selecting 'send link by email'. Now it does not work. I have not changed any settings. Outlook is still selected as my default mail and everything else in Outlook seems to be working. Anyone have an idea on how I can fix this issue? -- Legro ...

Outlook 2003 Can Not Send E-Mail
Hello: I am running Outlook 2003, Vista Home Premium, and Windows One Care over a dsl connection to AT&T/SBC. Everything worked fine until about 10 days ago when I began receiving intermittent errors when sending or receiving e-mail. I finally had to switch to manual send/receive just to control number of failed attempts. I made no other changes on any of my settings. Eventually, after several passes on each occasion, I could retrieve and/or send e-mail. Today, I can no longer send e-mail at all, no matter how often I try. I get error message that smtp server not responding. I...

Test for attachment when sending email
Am I missing a setting somewhere so that Outlook checks to see if I have an attachment in any email with the word "attach", "attached", "attachment" when I hit SEND? (Outlook 2007) Not a setting, no, but there is an add-in that can do it. http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/oltools.html -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Bryn" <Bryn@discussions...

Sending E-mail with express 6.x
I get this error message when I try and send e-mail from my outlook express (i have an account with Juno).... The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e- mail address was 'sparlin@uii.com'. Subject 'another test', Account: 'Juno', Server: 'smtp.juno.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79 I don't understant the "isn't in my list ...

automatically configure 'send/receive settings' in outlook 2002
Hi! Is there any possibility to automatically configure 'send/receive settings' in outlook 2002 (or outlook xp) without exchange server. i would like to do this with vbs script or other thing to configure send/receive every 30 minutes or every 120 minutes according to the user. Any ideas? thanx, fab Settings for the Send/Receive in Outlook 2002 are under send/receive settings. It can be setup to send automatically by however frequently you choose both offline and online (connected). Hopefully this addresses you question. I am not sure what you mean - without an Exchange serve...

Copy/Send files by network
I've been creating C/S application but I've been wondering how to install client module direct by network from server module (I don't want to install it manually). Main problem is, how to send/copy installation files by network from server module. It is possible to take advantage with administrative shares i.e.: Connect to the host (WNetAddConnection2), Check, if ADMIN$ is available (i.e.: NetShareGetInfo ), Copy files, Execute install file or something else to do, Disconnect (WNetCancelConnection2). Problem is, when administrative shares are disabled. What can I do then ? Pe...

Mail enabled public folder, can't send mail to
Hi, I've created a public folder, and mail-enabled it via System Manager in Exchange 2003. I cannot send email to this address. Say the folder was called "test"; I can't send to "Test@Mydomain.com". Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks, Tom Hi Chad, Anonymous has "Create Items" permission. I am also sending mail from my address, which has "owner" permission. Mail still bounces back as undeliverable. Any ideas? Is there a delay in creating a mail enabling in Exchange? Thanks, ...

Membership in Admin groups resets Send As permissions
Ok, this is an odd one. Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES 4.0, SP4, HF 3, i.e. version 4.0.4.5) Exchange 2003, SP2, 2003 native mode domain. Using the script in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912918/en-us (KB Article 912918) per the latest security patch, I attempted to set the 'send as' permission. Everyone works but 4 people. I removed 2 of the people from administrative groups, and the script works. What happens is that about 5-10 minutes after I grant the Blackberry service accounts permission to 'send as' ... they revert to not having 'send as' permissi...