sending an email for boss as "on behalf of"

I have managed to add myself to delegates in my boss's account.  I just can t
figure out how to send an email on his behalf.  please help

Display the From field and type in his name.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"deanssecretary" <deanssecretary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message news:57E5B1DE-9FCD-4B2B-8D18-E83822B789A0@microsoft.com...
>I have managed to add myself to delegates in my boss's account.  I just =
can t=20
> figure out how to send an email on his behalf.  please help
0
suemvp (4038)

Permission for "Sending on behalf of"
On Exchange on a Small Business Server, I have a distribution group called "Sales". It is used to direct mail that is addressed to sales@xxx.com, to a number of staff in the Sales office. I now wish to give sales staff the option of sending mail on behalf of this distribution group from within Outlook 2003 rather than under their own name. I can easily do this by clicking the "From" field in Outlook when logged on as an administrator. However, when logged on as a non-admin, I am refused permission. How can I grant the nominated users the right to use this address? FYI,...

Trapping emails sent on behalf of
I have a rule that moves emails from 'bob@random.rnd' * to another folder. But my rule does not cope when the email comes in like "H.R.Department@random.rnd on behalf of bob@random.rnd" then the rule does not work anymore. How can I write a rule to cope with this sort of annoying email? * Email address has been changed to protect privacy ...

Problem with "Send as", when using "send on behalf of" in Exchange 2000.
I'm not able to set the "Send as" permission on a mailbox. The problem is that the access right is not present in "Mailbox Rights" ?. I have 2 users, A and B. All mail to B is forwarded to A, and B has added A to "Send on behalf of" in Active directory users and computers / Exchange general / Delivery options. When not being able to set the "Send as" creates the following problem: If A reply to a mail originally send to B (which is automaticaly forwarded to A) , the receiver sees A as the sender. Any idears. Thanks in advance Bo Jacob...

send as, vs send on behalf of
Hi IT family, We have an Exchange 2003 server public folder and we were using the send as feature, but when someone deleted the public folder, we now have send on behalf of rights. This is a problem, because the name of the account appears in the From column. What do we have to do to send mail from a public folder, without the receiver observing the individual's account that sent the message? I put the public folder in the from section, and I am able to sent, but the receiver viewes the mail as "on behalf of". Thanks! -- MCSE: Security, CCNA, A+, Network +, Security+ ...

Send on behalf of message
Hi, In my organisation we are running Windows 2000 PCs with Office 2000. Our mail server is Exchange 5.5. Many of our users use the Send On Behalf of permission which works fine. However, with some of our users in the FROM field of the emails they send on behalf of someone it does actually give a message stating this. For example: "From: Curtis Fray on behalf of Jimmy White". What I can't figure out is how to force the From field to always display like this. There are some users who when they send a message on behalf of some one, the From field simply shows the name of the user...

Help with "send on behalf of"
Hi: Hoping that someone can help with this.... I can get the 'send on behalf of ' to work no problem, the only limitation is that when someone sends on my behalf, I'd like to have a copy of the sent item show up in my Sent Items folder, just like they do when I sent them myself. I don't believe that Outlook 2003/Exchange 2000 combo accomplishes this (or perhaps I don't have things set up right?). Does anyone know if my desired functionality is handled better in Exchange 2003 and or Outlook 2007? Thanks for any advice. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond If y...

"Send on Behalf of/Send as" Woe's
Hi Guys, I have a really weird problem going on with Send as permissions. A while ago I set up some users and allowed them to send on Behalf of an email address assigned to a public folder. (Went to the folder properties in system manager and added the to the delivery options pane, and also added the in the directory rights pane and the administration rights pane, on the permissions tab within folder properties) The Send as works fine for these users, they can use the "From:" button in outlook and send as if the mail is coming from the email address assigned to the Public fol...

Send on Behalf of.
Recently I installed Office 2000 SP3 on my workstation to fix an issue. After installing it, I keep getting the message "A program is trying to send email on your behalf" as I have some applications that do send mail on my behalf. Is there any way to turn this message off. Cheers Usually this is because of the security settings in Outlook. You can lower the level of security to allow it, but bear in mind that if you do, malicious code can also do it... >-----Original Message----- >Recently I installed Office 2000 SP3 on my workstation to >fix an issue. After in...

Sending on behalf of mail-enabled folder > "You do not have permission to send to this recipient"
Hi all! A customer of ours is having this problem: * There's a mail-enabled Public Folder, e.g. "Test" test@mycorp.com * User John (john@mycorp.com) has full access (including Send As) permissions on folder Test and has been granted "Send on behalf" privileges for that folder as well. He is also entered as Owner for that folder. * Upon sending a message with "Test" (or "test@mycorp.com") in the From field (e.g. to himself), John gets an NDR from the mycorp Exchange Server with the message "You do not have permission to send to this recipient...

Send on behalf of permissions....
I have a dilemna..... I have set up a mailbox and set Send on Behalf of Permissions for approx ten users. They are set up as delegates by the mailbox owner and open the mailbox as part of their daily job. They can send mail, but the problem is that their sent mail doesn't seem to appear in the Sent Items of the mailbox, which negates the idea of having a record of everyone's access to this mailbox. Is there a way to set it up so that all mail sent by anyone on behalf of one mailbox get's registered to that mailbox's Sent Items? See Unisent from www.ivasoft.biz. Ken ...

Send on Behalf of in a Public Folder
I created a public folder, mail enbled it and then set client permissions so that emails can arrive to it from outside our enterprise. I gave several folks here the right to read and set the send on behalf as well. However, when the folks here respond to an email it arrives as coming from their email and not on behalf of. Is this normal. I was under the impression that it should say from XXXX on behalf of VVVVVV. I believe that they'll have to manually specify the folder in the From field. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"...

send on behalf of
When our user's are granted "Send on behalf of" messages, suddenly the attachment which show "sent on behalf of" no longer appears. We are running Exchange 2000 SP3 and the clients are running Outlook 2000 SP3. It was working fine and disappeared. When the users attempt to send a message on behalf of, they put the user's name in the from field (ie Joe Blow). When the message is received on the other end it show it directly coming (ie Paul Blow) and not sent on behalf of Paul Blow by Joe Blow. Anybody have any ideas about how to restore it? ...

Send on Behalf of and More
Hi, I have a member of staff who has requested the following. Staff member A needs to send emails on behalf of B but B would like to moderate any emails A sends on behalf of B before they are sent. Can this be done? Cheers, Joe Not automatically but what Sender A can do is submit the body of the = message to Sender B for approval and once approved, send out a new mail = on behalf of Sender B with the approved text. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without r...

Send on behalf of
Hi all I have an Exchange 5.5 server running on NT 4.0, on which I have one user (UserA) who has 'send on behalf of' permission for another user (UserB). When UserA sends a message on behalf of UserB, they do not receive a copy of the response to that mail as it goes straight to UserB. Does anyone know if there is anyway of forcing the response to go to UserA as well as UserB ? Many Thanks. Terry. In the Delivery Options page where you gave the Send on Behalf of permissions, you need to select the alternate recipient as well and select to send to both recipients. This unfortunately m...

2003 Send on behalf of
How do you set up permissions to send on behalf of a distribution list? I see where you can set this up for an individual mailbox, but not a distribution list. This is on Exchange 2003. I did do this in Exchange 5.5 by giving the distribution list "Send As" authority, but I do not see anything like this in Exchange 2003. I can not find anything on this except incorrect information. Thanks Matt You can only grant the "Send As" permission for Distribution Groups. To do this go to the Security tab of the DG. "Matt1999" <xxscoffxx@aol.com> wrote in...

Send on Behalf of..
Hello, My HR Director wants to be able to send email as HR@mydomain.com vs. hername@mydomain.com, I can do it for some reason, but I gave her send on behalf permisions ( same as mine) but when she sends emails it says "sent on Behalf of" and has all her information. how can I prevent this. Goto active directory users and computers and select advanced view Then find the account you granted send on behalf of and remove that permission. Then on the security tab grant your boss "Send As permissions" on the above account. That will remove on behalf of from the mail messag...

send on behalf of but reply do different address?
Hi a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone know if this is possible please? Thanks Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send replies to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Out...

Send on behalf of ?
Hi Isn't it possible to send a quick campagin on behalf of another person in CRM 4.0 ?? We tried giving the rights send on behalf of in CRM and we assigned the campaign to another user. It seemed ok, there stood the other persons name in "from" but the users use Outlook to send mail and the recieved mail was from the user creating the campaign and not the one it should be ?? /Jack ...

Error Sending Message on Behalf of Specified User
Hello, Small Business Server 2000 (Exchange 2000). A while back, I set up incoming faxes to be routed to a mailbox called Fax when using MS Shared Fax following the steps in KBase article 311529 (How to Configure the Shared Fax Service to Route Incoming Fax Jobs to a Common Inbox). I gave a Security Group called FaxAdmins "full mailbox access" to the Fax mailbox. Everything worked fine and the receptionists were able to log into the mailbox and forward the fax to the intended recipient. When I came in today, it no longer worked. Now, when the receptionist tries to forward the messa...

sending messages on behalf of
I am working on a corporate network, attached to a 5.5 exchange server, the outlook client is 2000, when I try to send mail "on behalf of" someone else, nothing in the message indicates that (normally when you open up the message in the from field it will say xxxxx on behalf of xxxxxxxxxxx) all I get is the name of personal that delegated access. Is there a way to remedy this? What mailbox are you trying to mail from? Is this one on which you have been given permissions or one that you open in addition to your mailbox? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to ...

Sending mail on behalf of....
One of our exec wants his assistant to send out emails for him, but he wants his name to appear in the from field. Anyway to do this without the Admin Assistant having to log in as the exec? Grant the Send As pemission of the User Object in Active Directory Users & Computers -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Linda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01bb01c46dd9$1200f540$a601280a@phx.gbl... > One of...

outlook 2003
Hi, I usually send mails from our shared mailbox using the "on behalf of..." option. How is it possible to move these mails to a different folder with a rule? I couldn't find any option or way to do this? Is there a solution? Thanks, Marton Take a look at UniSent application here: http://www.ivasoft.biz/unisent.shtml -- Regards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer "VilMarci" <dontsend@here.com> wrote in message news:ej$oteyHFHA.1476@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I usually send mails from our shared mailbox using the "on behalf of...&qu...

Hey MVP's! On Behalf of email problem.
I have a rule that moves emails from 'bob@random.rnd' * to another folder. But my rule does not cope when the email comes in like "H.R.Department@random.rnd on behalf of bob@random.rnd" then the rule does not work anymore. How can I write a rule to cope with this sort of annoying email? * Email address has been changed to protect privacy Not an MVP but try *@random.md "amb" <@> wrote in message news:OrUc1nmhEHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have a rule that moves emails from 'bob@random.rnd' * to another folder. > But my rule does no...

Send As instead of On Behalf Of
Where is the send as permission? I can find the On Behalf Of, but that is not what is needed. Exchange 2003 sp1/Outlook 2003 Thanks in advance, Rob it's on the Security tab of the AD user's properties...make sure your ADUC has "View Advanced Features" selected in the view... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Rob" <nothanks@nospam.com> wrote in message news:elXIdfD2GHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Where is the send as permission? I can find the On Behalf Of, but that is > not what is needed. > Exchange 2003 sp1/Outlook 2003 > Thanks in advance, ...

Send on behalf of problem
I have a strange problem where: User A sends a meeting invite to User B. User B has a secretary (User C) who has permissions to send on behalf of User B When User B's secretary accepts User A's meeting invite, another user (User D) gets User B's response to the meeting invite, and the email says "On behalf of User C". Any ideas? "On behalf of User C" sounds normal and expected, given that C is a = delegate for B.=20 It also sounds like D is A's delegate and getting A's meeting responses. = --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring M...