sending Access files

Is there a quick and easy way to send access files
without Outlook blocking them. I exchange files with a
limited selection of people so am happy that what I am
sending and receiving is OK.

I know that I can use WizZip but the knowledge database
also suggests changing the .mdb extension. I don't know
how to do this. Do I just right click over the file and
choose open with Word? Or maybe there is a simpler way.

Thanks
0
anonymous (74717)

When you send a file type that on Microsoft's potentially dangerous list,
you get a message informing you that the recipient may not be able to access
the file on their side.  I consider this as a courtesy message since it
really doesn't strip the file at the time of sending.

If you have clients that are using Outlook 2000 (SP3) or newer, refer them
to http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm.

--
Neo [MVP Outlook]
Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted

"judith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a quick and easy way to send access files
> without Outlook blocking them. I exchange files with a
> limited selection of people so am happy that what I am
> sending and receiving is OK.
>
> I know that I can use WizZip but the knowledge database
> also suggests changing the .mdb extension. I don't know
> how to do this. Do I just right click over the file and
> choose open with Word? Or maybe there is a simpler way.
>
> Thanks

0
neo

Errors accessing shared speadsheet.
I have a group of users who access a shared Excel spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is on a Novell server. Starting out they all could access the spreadsheet fine. Starting recently people have begun to receive memory errors when accessing or saving the spreadsheets. If you log into windows as a different user but still use the same ID in Novell it works fine for a period of time then recieves the same error. This seems to be a microsoft issue as after you recieve the error you can copy the file local and it still errors. logon as a different user in windows and it works fine. any help wou...

No message in outbox

Recovering .pst file
I've posted a few queries about this - I'm getting closer but still not quite there. I had to re-build my computer from a "format c:" on up (after doing a backup). Everything rebuilt OK, applications re-installed, docs restored. All works great now except that I cannot seem to get Outlook 2002 (on Windows XP Pro) to recognize the 100+MB of saved e- mails, contacts, etc. from the backed-up pst file. I've tried most everything suggest here in similar problem reports - opening the backup version from the file menu, scanpst, and importing it. All seemed to work -...

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

PowerPoint 2003 to accessible Word 2003 via VBA?
I'd like to extract all content from a Windows PowerPoint 2003 document and place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to PDF conversion seems to provide better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to PDF conversion. I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline does not include any of the following: - text added on a blank slide layout - text in a text box - tables. - images. Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as tables? Charles Belo...

Sending mail from remote location

notebook file locations
i would like to set up a notebook for each of my clients (estimated 500 notebooks) and put them on a server so other staffers can access and share. Is it possible to still use search functions or do all of the notebooks have to be open to search the files. edwhicks wrote: > i would like to set up a notebook for each of my clients (estimated > 500 notebooks) and put them on a server so other staffers can access > and share. Is it possible to still use search functions or do all of > the notebooks have to be open to search the files. The search only works for files whi...

e-mail attached files: asks for administrator approval? my lapto
In using e-mail with attachments: clicking on the attachment, asks for administrator approval????? my single laptop at home, no connection with anyone else???? -- retired jwb "jwb" <jwb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:843441C1-CC67-4F0C-90D3-6D8D1BA20347@microsoft.com... > In using e-mail with attachments: clicking on the attachment, asks for > administrator approval????? my single laptop at home, no connection with > anyone else???? Since you don't state the exact error message. I can only guess, but I guess this: http://www...

Cannot access mailboxes
All of the sudden following a reboot of our domain controller and the front end server (exch 2003 sp2 on win2k3), we cannot access any mailboxes via RPC over HTTPS or OWA. These are our primary means of accessing mailboxes as we get ready to deploy. This has been running fine up until now. All services in exchange on Front and Back end are running. If i try to login via OWA from the front end server using the local ip address i get prompted for the login and can login but I only see the folder tree on the left, it just says loading on the right. If I try to login via OWA from the in...

Send and Recieve Fix

Unable to send?

MS Access Filter question
I have a column that gives me the results; /dir/dir/customer name I want to filter out the /dir/dir/ so the column results just show the customer name, I think a substr() might work but I am not sure how the syntax would look. Any suggestions? -- Neall Use InstrRev() to find the last / in the string. Then use Mid() to get the remainder from there. (You can also use Dir() around the file name to lose the path.) -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. &q...

Sending messages in Outlook

How do I merge two files in Excel?
How do I merge two Excel files, each with a different name and different data? Thanks...Mike Hi you may provide some more details: - data layout - HOW you want to merge them - etc -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Chem303" <Chem303@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BACC8208-C906-4B80-A3B7-6DFD260C00A4@microsoft.com... > How do I merge two Excel files, each with a different name and different > data? Thanks...Mike ...

Open/Import mny file from Money 2004
I purchased Money Essentials without first testing it against my Mny file created with Money 2004. I get the following message on Vista when attempting to open it --------------------------- Microsoft Money --------------------------- Money Essentials is unable to open files from other versions of Money. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- Is there a way I can import those transactions? I'm assuming there's no way for me to return the software either. THanks -- Dev In microsoft.public.money, Dev Ashish wrote: >I purchased Money Essentials without fi...

Web Access #2
Hey guys, I cannot user Outlook Web Access anymore, where can I troubleshoot this? You haven't said what version, and given very little information to go on, so this reply may be way off. You could start with the OWA troubleshooting guide: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/support/troubowa.mspx -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Melvin" <mrodriguez@nyas.org> wrote in message news:eh61ZzrWEHA.808@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hey guys, I cannot user Outlook Web Access anymore,...

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Can't find my pab file in outlook 2002
I can't find my pab file so I can copy my contacts to another computer. I don't know that Outlook uses a PAB file unless you specified it when you set that version of Outlook up. If you did, do a file search for *.pab. If not, then it should be located in a .pst. Are you using Outlook via POP3 for mail, IMAP, Exchange (usually a business environment? -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny "Kathy" wrote: > I can't find my pab file so I can copy my cont...

Send Do Not Send

Deleting Files in Content.IE5
I have over 300 MB's I the content.IE5 folder (normally invisible). Can I just manually delete the files in this folder? What purpose do they serve? Thanks, Oreally "OREALLY" <oreally@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u7SSO97cKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > > I have over 300 MB's I the content.IE5 folder (normally invisible). Can I > just manually delete the files in this folder? What purpose do they serve? > > Thanks, > > Oreally One, why are you still using IE5? Have you started using fire yet? You own a couple fo...

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003

opening Windows Excel 2003 files with my Mac Excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I cannot open the Windows Excel 2003 files sent to me by my accountant. I have Mac Excel 2008. It defaults to the Numbers program, part of Iworks. I need the full functions of Excel to work on the files...not Numbers. thanks I suspect that this is the same problem I have found with Keynote/ PowerPoint. Hold the control key down while you press the mouse on the file you are trying to open. Then pick "Open with" and choose Excel. If you have a two (or more button mouse you can also use "right click" ...

appending data from text file with different column orderings
I'm interested in appending data to an Access table without having tobe constrained by the order of the columns in an external file. Forinstance, if I have a table with 4 fields - A, B, C, D - I would liketo be able to have my external file in any column order, say D, C, B,A. Is this possible without programming?>From what I've seen, it seems that I would have to have my externalfile ordered the same as the table - A, B, C, D - and I'd like to haveindependence of the table ordering.Denis On Mar 14, 4:37 pm, John Nurick <j.mapSoN.nur...@dial.pipex.com>wrote:> Hi Denis,...