Sending a link chops URL's with Outlook 2007!?#

Whenever I "send link" from a browser, using Outlook 2007, it not only
uses plain text formatting, but also chops long URL's with a newline.

I want my emails sent with HTML formatting.

And if I reply to a plain text email containing a long URL, this gets
chopped too!

I find this most annoying, as do the message recipients.  Is there a way
to fix this, or should I just use a better email client like Outlook
Express or Thunderbird?

Thanks for your help.
0
no1 (201)

Outlook does it because the line length for plain text is 76 char (tools,
options, mail format tab, international button - wrap at xx option).

You can also change the format before sending - Options tab - switch to
plain text. The link won't be 'hot' unless you enter or space after the url.

AFAIK, there is no way to make IE call up an HTML message form for the link.
It uses plain text so the link will be clickable - when it used the default
client format, links were not clickable in HTML unless the sender hit enter
or added a space at the end of the url.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

"Bruce W.1" <no@email.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I "send link" from a browser, using Outlook 2007, it not only
> uses plain text formatting, but also chops long URL's with a newline.
>
> I want my emails sent with HTML formatting.
>
> And if I reply to a plain text email containing a long URL, this gets
> chopped too!
>
> I find this most annoying, as do the message recipients.  Is there a way
> to fix this, or should I just use a better email client like Outlook
> Express or Thunderbird?
>
> Thanks for your help.

0
outlookmvp1 (464)

outlook express password #3
I want to password protect my outlook express so that you need the password to access new mail. why is it that even though the "enter password box" appears, you can still see the "in box" messages in the screen behind? if you "click" cancel on the enter password, you can still access any inbox mail that appears on the screen. is there a setting so that when you click outlook icon and enter a password to access, no other box appears on the screen? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outl...

No message in outbox

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

Master Category List keeps reverting to default list
I have had the Master Category List revert to the default list several times now. This has happend at least 6 times since I upgraded to Office 2003 a year ago. This is annoying, as I have my own, different, list of categories that I use. I have used the good info that Sue Mosher provides at: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olcat.htm to make a backup of my catagories. Using the registry restore routine certainly makes the fix a bit easier than retyping all of the categories. Still, having to dink with the registry to keep outlook from destrying my data is more than a bit unnerving. Does...

Sending mail from remote location

Outlook 2007
Hi, I am having the following problem with Outlook 2007. Whenever I run outlook the CPU utilization goes up over 99%. I've been using OL 2007 for over 4 months and it was working fine. Tried repairing/recreating the OST and PST files. Tried disabling all Add-ins (LinkedIn, Outlook Connector, etc.) tried running Outlook in Safe Mode. Nothing seems to work. Anyone has any ideas as to what might be wrong?? I havent recently installed or uninstalled anything on my machine. I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 2, Norton Antivirus, RealSecure Desktop protector. Do you have iTunes/iPod...

Installing CRM SFO (Sales for Outlook)
Hi all, I know this has been answered before but I can´t find it on the newsgroups or in the knowledge base. What is the fix for installing SFO without the local user having Admin rights. I found the KB arcticle (https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYVTQUUXNNZOUKYPPPQSNNPQVXOKWVPZWKNZPWQPQPROKZKMLMMYLZSMKRLWVZOQWZZYTLUUVMQLVTLOKP) on how to do it buy granting admin rights to each of the users individually, but I remember reading somewhere how to fix this problem. Is there a hotfix or somthing? Ideas? David Try this link http://www.microsoft.com...

Cannot open url's after IE8 Update noe Rollback to IE7
Using a Toshiba laptop with Windows XP SP3 which has McAfee Security Center on it. Important to note, the subscription is current EXCEPT that the McAfee firewall portion is saying it is out of date..... I will address this further below. IE8 diagnose the problem tells me my network is perfectly fine and that ftp, http, and https all work. Firefox works. Someone logging in remotely to my machine works. Ping yahoo.com works. I have reset my all in one DSL modem/router but that did not matter ** SO ** I uninstalled IE8 which took the machine back down to IE7. Why did I do t...

Send and Recieve Fix

Unable to send?

Outlook not opening IE8
I am running Windows 7 64 bit, Outlook 2007 and IE8. Recently Outlook has given me an error message when I click on a hyperlink to IE, stating "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I am the administrator; what do I do? -- Larry "Larry H" <LarryH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE68908B-9B34-442E-B1C1-8022078730C9@microsoft.com... > I am running Windows 7 64 bit, Outlook 2007 and IE8. Recently Outlook has > given me an error message when I c...

Sending messages in Outlook

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Can't find my pab file in outlook 2002
I can't find my pab file so I can copy my contacts to another computer. I don't know that Outlook uses a PAB file unless you specified it when you set that version of Outlook up. If you did, do a file search for *.pab. If not, then it should be located in a .pst. Are you using Outlook via POP3 for mail, IMAP, Exchange (usually a business environment? -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny "Kathy" wrote: > I can't find my pab file so I can copy my cont...

Send Do Not Send

Outlook 2003 on Vista Business
One of my colleague's machine having problem when open an attached .doc or ..pdf file. The Outlook 2003 will restart automatically by itself for sometime. There was no Google's software installed. I also uninstalled the Norton Internet Security 2008. The problem still the same. Please help. Just found some information about this. Someone said register the following 2 dll files can fix this problem: actxprxy.dll shdocvw.dll Is that true? "Bryan Tang" <bryantang01@netvigator.com> ���g��l��s�D:eIGzjM4mIHA.4504@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > One of my colleague'...

Linking spreadsheets and creating new lines of data
I just finished creating a very large workbook with over twelve years of daily market data. The first spreadsheet in the workbook contains historical data of 16 market indicators. The next 15 spreasheets use data from the 16 market indicators found on the first spreadsheet. I'm trying to automate the process I go through daily updating the spreadsheets with the most current data. For example, say tomorrow morning I manually entered todays S&P 500 Closing Price in cell A4051 on the first spreadsheet. The second spreadsheet has several formulas that use the number entered in cell A...

Emails from Outlook to Hotmail accounts
I have just change my email client from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002. Messages sent to Hotmail addresses are not getting through and produce a message: 550 Recipient Not Authorised [recipient rejected due to no authorised destination groups] If anyone can tell me how to overcome this I should be most grateful. You may need to set up authentication to your outgoing server, which can be done on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account (press the "More Settings..." button on the account page). -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided &quo...

What was Outlook sending?

Lost Contacts in Outlook
I installed XP Pro over Home...how do I retrieve my Contacts? Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked: | I installed XP Pro over Home...how do I retrieve my | Contacts? ...

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003

'SEND' just sends it to the OUTBOX