Send/Receive Operation Failed

Hey Folks,

Symptom:
I was receiving an "Operation Failed" message when
pressing the Send/Receive button.

Background:
I tried the trial of Office 2003, reverted back to Office
XP. After re-install of Office XP, Outlook resumed all
previous settings, however the Send/Receive function was
inoperative.

Fix:
After some searching and experimenting, the solution was
found in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 284312.

After shutting Outlook down, finding the Outlook file
with the extension *.srs, renaming it to *.old, and
restarting Outlook, the Send/Receive function resumed
normal operation.

I hope this helps someone else.

AJ
0
AJ (77)

No message in outbox

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

Sending mail from remote location

Send and Recieve Fix

Unable to send?

Sending messages in Outlook

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Send Do Not Send

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003

What was Outlook sending?

Rules Wizard and Send/Receive error
A couple of days ago, I received an alert from Norton Antivirus software that the file "belt.cab" was corrupted but could not be deleted. Fearing the worst, I manually deleted the file. Since then, Outlook appears to be completely disabled, with the symptoms being that several commands have disappeared from the Tools menu including Send/Receive (both), Rules Wizard, Out of Office Assistant. I can compose an email, but it will not send. I have checked my email accounts and all appears to be in order. Even after a complete reinstall, I cannot send/receive email. The on...

MSN Messenger causes outlook to fail
Running 3 terminal servers (win2000), office 2002, roaming profiles. MSN messenger is disabled VIA Active Directory Policy. When a user changes from one terminal server to another (logs off of one and onto another), outlook fails to load. This is caused by the (from what I am able to tell) MSN messenger trying to load (by default in Outlook) and it being disabled VIA policy. The problem is that the Checkbox enabeling MSN messenger is unchecked for each user, but something (when switching from one server to another) is causing it to become re- checked or some service is trying to...

Outlook Can't Send Messages

'SEND' just sends it to the OUTBOX

add or remove programe function not operated
I found this problem after I click on this function, the programe is no any respound ( I wand to remove some programe ) State your internet drivers license number if you need assistance. idole wrote: > I found this problem after I click on this function, the programe is no > any > respound ( I wand to remove some programe ) ...

sending Access files
Is there a quick and easy way to send access files without Outlook blocking them. I exchange files with a limited selection of people so am happy that what I am sending and receiving is OK. I know that I can use WizZip but the knowledge database also suggests changing the .mdb extension. I don't know how to do this. Do I just right click over the file and choose open with Word? Or maybe there is a simpler way. Thanks When you send a file type that on Microsoft's potentially dangerous list, you get a message informing you that the recipient may not be able to access the file on...

Trying to send emails from an external program
I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a reliable source for sending emails?? tammy0005 wrote: > I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the > email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a > reliable source for sending emails?? MapiLab's security add-on (free) ...

Multiple Send to
Dear Experts, In any Document Library you have a Send To drop down option. This can only be configured once that is only one entry. I have to have 7 Custom Send To options. Does anyone know how to create more than 1 Sent To? Best Regards, -- Girish J Bhatia MOSS Certified, SharePoint Certified, MCSE2003, MCDBA, CCNA, CCNP, CCSA ...

Automatically sending with outlook 2002
I am running Outlook 2002. When I click send, to send an email, it goes into Outbox. I then need to click send/receive from Inbox. Is there anyway the email can just send automatically from the outbox to avoid having to click send in 2 steps? Thanks. Check Tools | Options | Mail Setup Is the option to send messages immediately selected? Also, check the Send/Receive Settings | Define Send/Receive Groups. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Ronk"...

still problems with Exchange 2010 and sending to certain domains
We have done the following: made sure the PTR records matches the IP address of the send connector created an SPF record we are still having issues sending to certain domains and we are at a loss. I've done plenty of 2007 systems and never had this issue. What are we doing wrong? It simply doesn't make sense. Do you get an error message back from the receiving server? JE. On 1/26/2010 10:14 AM, Gene Whitley wrote: > We have done the following: > > made sure the PTR records matches the IP address of the send connector > > created an...

Failed to get language information for Project Server
I received this error at a certain time frame. Anyone have any ideas. ...

Problem Sending Email using Outlook 2000
I am attempting to send an email to a 130 person distribution list. The email is very short but has a 451 kb attachment. I am repeatedly getting the following message from System Administrator Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: My Subject Sent: 5/28/2005 11:03 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: RecipientOne (E-mail) on 5/28/2005 11:03 AM No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient. RecipientTwo (E-mail) on 5/28/2005 11:03 AM No transport provider was available ...

PLEASE HELP: Send email from Access with data in email body
Hi All, How can I send email from access with data displayed in the email body? I have a button "Email users" in access custom form that sends email to all the users, But I dont know how to send them their particular schedule only. For eg: Here is what My Table looks like: Users Day Time User1 M 13:00 User2 M 14:00 User3 T 15:00 User1 T 16:00 User3 W 17:00 User4 W 18:00 User4 Th 13:00 So basically, When I click "Email Users" Button, I want all the users to receive their respective schedules onl...