send/receive not working properly

Whenever I click the send/receive all button in Outlook XP (2002).  I
get an error saying "The Operation Failed".  This also happens when I
try to access the Send/Receive section of the Mail Options under tools.
 I have tried everything a google search has offered as a solution
(Office SP3, unistall/reinstall, deleting the outcmd.dat file, etc,
etc.

Is there anyone out there that knows what could be causing this.  It
did not happen until I installed a trial version of Office 2003 and
decided that I could just stick with Office XP (2002) for the time
being and reverted back to it.

Help please!

"Snapper" <snapcridge@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I click the send/receive all button in Outlook XP (2002).  I
> get an error saying "The Operation Failed".  This also happens when I
> try to access the Send/Receive section of the Mail Options under tools.
> I have tried everything a google search has offered as a solution
> (Office SP3, unistall/reinstall, deleting the outcmd.dat file, etc,

http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/standardtrial.mspx where
it says:

"If you are using an older version of Microsoft Office (for example,
Microsoft Office 97, Microsoft Office 2000, or Microsoft Office XP) and want
to return to the previous version after using the Office Standard 2003
trial, you will be required to uninstall the Office 2003 trial and
re-install your previous version with your back-up media."

See http://snipurl.com/lm5d.  You did not provide the *full* error message
so all I had to search on was "operation failed" after picking Outlook 2002
as the product in an advanced search.

--
_________________________________
** Post replies to the newsgroup.

I did provide the "full" error message.  I click the Send/Receive
button in my menu bar and/or the Send/Receive options and a small
window pops up that says "The Operation Failed."  It says nothing else,
but that.  I have already unistalled Office 2003 and reinstalled Office
XP (2002).  Anyone else want try and take a crack at this?

>I did provide the "full" error message.  I click the Send/Receive
> button in my menu bar and/or the Send/Receive options and a small
> window pops up that says "The Operation Failed."  It says nothing else,
> but that.  I have already unistalled Office 2003 and reinstalled Office
> XP (2002).  Anyone else want try and take a crack at this?

Did you happen to convert your .pst files from the old ANSI format to the
news ISO format available in Outlook 2003?  If so, the only way to convert
the ISO .pst files back to ANSI .pst files is to installed Outlook 2003
again.

Often a problem is already covered in articles in Microsoft's huge support
knowledgebase (http://support.microsoft.com) and is where many respondents
go to find a solution to then relay to a poster.  Pick your product and
search on the error or topic.  Sometimes it helps to pick a product without
a version, if available, because some older topics still apply to newer
versions.  Take a look at:

http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D1033&ast=1%2C2%2C3&spid=2559&mode=a&cat=false&kt=ALL&title=false&mdt=&pwt=False&comm=1&query=operation+failed+send+receive&srch=sup

--
_________________________________
** Post replies to the newsgroup.
For e-mail, add "#VN" to Subject.
_________________________________

No message in outbox

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

Data validation doesn't work if contents is added by pasting
Hi I've data validation set so that only the number 1 can be entered, but even this cannot be entered if an adjacent cell is a certain value. this works for direct entry, but not if the value is pasted in or added using the "drag handle". Is there any way to stop this happening as I just know somewones going to try and fill all the cells by draging the values down. Regards Jeff Jeff, You could disable "Allow cell drag and drop" in Tools | Options or... copy the following code, right click the sheet tab and choose 'view code'. Paste the code into the modu...

Sending mail from remote location

Send and Recieve Fix

Unable to send?

Working with names
I'm working in a worksheet plenty of named ranges. When I change a name of a range or cell, the formulas referring that range don't reflect tha change of the name (they keep the old name). May you suggest me a procedure to reflect automatically those changes? No, Excel doesn't change your formulas when you change a name. In fact it doesn't have a "change a name" feature as such. You must accomplish that by selecting the range and defining the new name. At that point you have two named ranges, the original and the new one. Then you would delete the old one from ...

Sending messages in Outlook

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Send Do Not Send

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003

How to set up your mobile device to work with CRM 3.0 Mobile
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C66980.821C2210 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The most common heard problem on how to setup your PDA to work with CRM = 3.0 Mobile is how to connect to the different network environments. In most scenarios you don't want to expose your CRM server to a direct = internet connection, but you want your employees to connect via a more = secure VPN connection. We have published a walkthrough on how to setup the different network = connection on your...

What was Outlook sending?

combo box control issue - working fine in '03,
when I add a new record on the form via VBA - and then go to the combo box control, the control tip shows properly, but the cursor is not blinking. can not type anything into the box. when I click on the box, all is ok. any ideas as to what is wrong? works fine in access 2003. thx Make sure that you have at least the first 2 service packs in Access 2007. There was a combo box dropdown problem that I think was fixed in SP2. If you still have the problem, try SP3. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access &...

Outlook Can't Send Messages

'SEND' just sends it to the OUTBOX

Rules Wizard and Send/Receive error
A couple of days ago, I received an alert from Norton Antivirus software that the file "belt.cab" was corrupted but could not be deleted. Fearing the worst, I manually deleted the file. Since then, Outlook appears to be completely disabled, with the symptoms being that several commands have disappeared from the Tools menu including Send/Receive (both), Rules Wizard, Out of Office Assistant. I can compose an email, but it will not send. I have checked my email accounts and all appears to be in order. Even after a complete reinstall, I cannot send/receive email. The on...

sending Access files
Is there a quick and easy way to send access files without Outlook blocking them. I exchange files with a limited selection of people so am happy that what I am sending and receiving is OK. I know that I can use WizZip but the knowledge database also suggests changing the .mdb extension. I don't know how to do this. Do I just right click over the file and choose open with Word? Or maybe there is a simpler way. Thanks When you send a file type that on Microsoft's potentially dangerous list, you get a message informing you that the recipient may not be able to access the file on...

Trying to send emails from an external program
I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a reliable source for sending emails?? tammy0005 wrote: > I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the > email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a > reliable source for sending emails?? MapiLab's security add-on (free) ...

Multiple Send to
Dear Experts, In any Document Library you have a Send To drop down option. This can only be configured once that is only one entry. I have to have 7 Custom Send To options. Does anyone know how to create more than 1 Sent To? Best Regards, -- Girish J Bhatia MOSS Certified, SharePoint Certified, MCSE2003, MCDBA, CCNA, CCNP, CCSA ...

Reports not working #2
We installed CRM small business on a win 2003 small biz server with exchange and sql 2005.. we received an error while installing and ignored it (publishing crm reports failed unkown error) So we can get crm up and running and can get to our report server page? \\servername\reportserver\ but can't access \\servername\reportserver\reports\ Any thoughts? ...

Automatically sending with outlook 2002
I am running Outlook 2002. When I click send, to send an email, it goes into Outbox. I then need to click send/receive from Inbox. Is there anyway the email can just send automatically from the outbox to avoid having to click send in 2 steps? Thanks. Check Tools | Options | Mail Setup Is the option to send messages immediately selected? Also, check the Send/Receive Settings | Define Send/Receive Groups. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Ronk"...

still problems with Exchange 2010 and sending to certain domains
We have done the following: made sure the PTR records matches the IP address of the send connector created an SPF record we are still having issues sending to certain domains and we are at a loss. I've done plenty of 2007 systems and never had this issue. What are we doing wrong? It simply doesn't make sense. Do you get an error message back from the receiving server? JE. On 1/26/2010 10:14 AM, Gene Whitley wrote: > We have done the following: > > made sure the PTR records matches the IP address of the send connector > > created an...