Send/Receive doe not work... I can send but not receive in Outlook

I have my Yahoo (pop3) account set up in Outlook and have done for some
time.  It has just decided to stop retrieving my incoming mail, however
I can still send mail through outlook.  It is set up to leave a copy of
all messages on the yahoo server so I can access this through Outlook
on my office compuer also - this works fine.

The problem is with Outlook on my home PC.  When I hit Send/Recieve
nothing happens, not even an error message.  Can anyone help?  I can't
find anything online.

Thanks a mil!

What kind of service do you have? I'vehad problems like that with
Verizon DSL, but I got error messages.    Maybe you need to reset your
account settings, or have them remove and set up an account again?
Just an idea, I'm not a techie.  Have you done a fix and repair in
outlook?  If you close out of outlook and then go back in, do you still
have the same problem?
 Sometimes that helps me when I can't send, it's just sitting in my
outbox but i get an error message a time out or it can't connect to
server or can't read my password.

Aims wrote:
> I have my Yahoo (pop3) account set up in Outlook and have done for some
> time.  It has just decided to stop retrieving my incoming mail, however
> I can still send mail through outlook.  It is set up to leave a copy of
> all messages on the yahoo server so I can access this through Outlook
> on my office compuer also - this works fine.
>
> The problem is with Outlook on my home PC.  When I hit Send/Recieve
> nothing happens, not even an error message.  Can anyone help?  I can't
> find anything online.
>
> Thanks a mil!

0
ptobinPR (26)
11/1/2006 3:25:32 AM
Is this outlook 2003? I have found it troublesome overall.  ANother
issue might be your virus settings, if you have Norton sometimes you
may have it on too  high a setting and need to drop it down.  That can
cause problems. You'd have to call them to fix this.
Aims wrote:
> I have my Yahoo (pop3) account set up in Outlook and have done for some
> time.  It has just decided to stop retrieving my incoming mail, however
> I can still send mail through outlook.  It is set up to leave a copy of
> all messages on the yahoo server so I can access this through Outlook
> on my office compuer also - this works fine.
>
> The problem is with Outlook on my home PC.  When I hit Send/Recieve
> nothing happens, not even an error message.  Can anyone help?  I can't
> find anything online.
>
> Thanks a mil!

0
ptobinPR (26)

Can you convert info from money 2000 to Money 2002?????
Can you convert info from money 2000 on a lap top to a desk top pc having Money 2002????? Generally, speaking, yes. "John" <Jsmillenaar@aol.com> wrote in message news:1cfd01c38ecc$7a19f560$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Can you convert info from money 2000 on a lap top to a > desk top pc having Money 2002????? ...

How can I share my calendar on a website?
I need to share a outlook calendar on the web. I'm doing this to manage others tasks and have them imput status on what they are working on. I know I need to enter a file protocol, followed by the path to the location where I want to save the file. I'm not that savvy with computers and have no idea how to do this! Please Help!!!! Thank you so much whoever can help. Brettina In Tools | Email Accounts, do you see a Microsoft Exchange account?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and...

outlook express password #3
I want to password protect my outlook express so that you need the password to access new mail. why is it that even though the "enter password box" appears, you can still see the "in box" messages in the screen behind? if you "click" cancel on the enter password, you can still access any inbox mail that appears on the screen. is there a setting so that when you click outlook icon and enter a password to access, no other box appears on the screen? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outl...

can't upload to images gallery
I can't upload from my hard drive to the image gallery, nothing happens. ...

No message in outbox

Can I get a picture to flow with the text?
I want a picture box to flow with my text instead of the text flowing around my picture. Please help! Position the image in the text box, right-click the image, click format picture, layout tab, select inline on the drop down. The image has to be fully or partially in the text box for the inline to be active. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "lnewhall" <lnewhall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9389F6E0-BB5D-4ADA-8334-39B108192240@microsoft.com... >I want a picture box to flow with my text instead of the text flowing around > my picture. Ple...

Master Category List keeps reverting to default list
I have had the Master Category List revert to the default list several times now. This has happend at least 6 times since I upgraded to Office 2003 a year ago. This is annoying, as I have my own, different, list of categories that I use. I have used the good info that Sue Mosher provides at: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olcat.htm to make a backup of my catagories. Using the registry restore routine certainly makes the fix a bit easier than retyping all of the categories. Still, having to dink with the registry to keep outlook from destrying my data is more than a bit unnerving. Does...

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

Data validation doesn't work if contents is added by pasting
Hi I've data validation set so that only the number 1 can be entered, but even this cannot be entered if an adjacent cell is a certain value. this works for direct entry, but not if the value is pasted in or added using the "drag handle". Is there any way to stop this happening as I just know somewones going to try and fill all the cells by draging the values down. Regards Jeff Jeff, You could disable "Allow cell drag and drop" in Tools | Options or... copy the following code, right click the sheet tab and choose 'view code'. Paste the code into the modu...

Word as Outlook e-mail editor
I'm using Windows XP and Microsoft Office XP standard, 2002 version. Word has always been my e-mail editor, but today when I tried to respond to an e-mail I got the following message: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." After a delay, the form opens, but when I click "Send," Outlook crashes. Any suggestions? ...

Installing CRM SFO (Sales for Outlook)
Hi all, I know this has been answered before but I can´t find it on the newsgroups or in the knowledge base. What is the fix for installing SFO without the local user having Admin rights. I found the KB arcticle (https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYVTQUUXNNZOUKYPPPQSNNPQVXOKWVPZWKNZPWQPQPROKZKMLMMYLZSMKRLWVZOQWZZYTLUUVMQLVTLOKP) on how to do it buy granting admin rights to each of the users individually, but I remember reading somewhere how to fix this problem. Is there a hotfix or somthing? Ideas? David Try this link http://www.microsoft.com...

Sending mail from remote location

Outlook 2007
Hi, I am having the following problem with Outlook 2007. Whenever I run outlook the CPU utilization goes up over 99%. I've been using OL 2007 for over 4 months and it was working fine. Tried repairing/recreating the OST and PST files. Tried disabling all Add-ins (LinkedIn, Outlook Connector, etc.) tried running Outlook in Safe Mode. Nothing seems to work. Anyone has any ideas as to what might be wrong?? I havent recently installed or uninstalled anything on my machine. I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 2, Norton Antivirus, RealSecure Desktop protector. Do you have iTunes/iPod...

Send and Recieve Fix

can't download pop3 email
This is my error message Task Receiving reported error 0x800CCC0F The connection to the server was interrupted If this problem continues contact your server administrator or your ISP The server responded +OK How do I fix this? What did your ISP say? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After scratching one's head, M Pond <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked this group: | This is my error mes...

How detemine how many toolbars can be fit on a Frame row?
Hello, I have several toolbars that I'd like to display on as few "frame rows" as possible. Since the User may change display resolution I can't hardcode which toolbars should be displayed on a row and I therefore need to calculate how many will fit at runtime. To do this I get the size in screen units of the Frame that holds the toobars and then, for each toolbar, I get the size (again in screen units) of the toolbar and use that to calculate how much "space is remaining" on the row. If there's enough room left I add the toolbar to the row and if not I star...

Unable to send?

Working with names
I'm working in a worksheet plenty of named ranges. When I change a name of a range or cell, the formulas referring that range don't reflect tha change of the name (they keep the old name). May you suggest me a procedure to reflect automatically those changes? No, Excel doesn't change your formulas when you change a name. In fact it doesn't have a "change a name" feature as such. You must accomplish that by selecting the range and defining the new name. At that point you have two named ranges, the original and the new one. Then you would delete the old one from ...

Outlook 2002 XP no response

Sending messages in Outlook

Outlook not opening IE8
I am running Windows 7 64 bit, Outlook 2007 and IE8. Recently Outlook has given me an error message when I click on a hyperlink to IE, stating "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I am the administrator; what do I do? -- Larry "Larry H" <LarryH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE68908B-9B34-442E-B1C1-8022078730C9@microsoft.com... > I am running Windows 7 64 bit, Outlook 2007 and IE8. Recently Outlook has > given me an error message when I c...

Can the "calander", and "calander in mailbox" be sync'd to have the same info in it?
Hello All Can the "calander", and "calander in mailbox" be sync'd to have the same info in it? My problem is that when I recieve an appt. in the "calendar in mailbox", my handheld, sync's the info from the "caledar" instead of the "calander in mailbox". Any help is greatly appreciated! MMJII Any particular reason you're not using your mailbox as your default delivery location? "MMJII" <MMJII@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eW1wQPHjFHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello All > Can the "calander...