Send/Receive #12

Get error message:  "Operation failed.  An object could not
be found."

Help!
0
anonymous (74722)

That usually means address book problems...

Go to Tools | Email Accounts, choose View or change existing directories or
address book. Is the Outlook Address Book present? If it isn't listed, add
it and close and restart Outlook.  If it is listed, then remove it and close
then restart Outlook and repeat these steps to add it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"John D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Get error message:  "Operation failed.  An object could not
> be found."
>
> Help!

0
dianenws (1904)

Relaying Denied error when sending message
I have been receiving the following error when sending email to one specific company: <ourmailserver.ourorg.gov #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <person@company.nett>... Relaying denied> Our server is an Exchange 2K3 Std. I've tried it from several versions of Outlook. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXRoYW4=?= <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:0F863D69-3819-4C15-99EF-9ABA3B9976AF@microsoft.com: > I have been receiving the following error when sending email to one > specific company: <ourmailserver.ourorg.gov #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7...

Outlook 2000 -- Send, but can't receive
As a Comcast customer, i regularly send group e-mails to a list we maintain for anothe rorganization. Abide by the rules of Comcast and am listed as a bulk mailer to avoid their blocking my sends. However, in the past 2-3 months as the largest group is send will hit a point where I receive the following message: The message could not be sent because it rejected you as the sender. Server Response: ‘550 69.139.38.136 blocked by ldap:ou=rbl,dc=comcast,dc=net - > 550 Message sending error. Please go to http://faq/comcast.net/faq/answer.jsp?name=1786cat=Securitysubcategory=Spam )Account...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

Cannot Send Attachments over 1mb
I cannot send attachements over 1mb. I constantly receive a message that the server has timed out. I have increased the server timeout to 10 minutes, but that hasn't made any difference. Any ideas? "Rick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6bd601c42ee5$6aed46a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I cannot send attachements over 1mb. I constantly > receive a message that the server has timed out. I have > increased the server timeout to 10 minutes, but that > hasn't made any difference. Any ideas? > Does your ISP have a limit on size...

Choose which email address to send from (2003 in Exchange Mode)
I am running Exchange 2003 which is handling multiple domains. So my clients are running Outlook 2003 and a few users have an email address from more than one domain that they recieve from. Besides changing the primary smtp address in AD U&C is there a way to select in outlook which email address or domain to send from? In the mail message window, have the user select the account from the Accounts dropdown. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. ...

Send Brochure Electronically like It appear as if in print
I am re-posting this because someone replied to send as an attachment, but that doesn't have it appear as a 3 page panel brochure- does someone know how to do this (see below) I want to save my brochure so that it is not just 2 pages but looks like a 3 panel brochure that I would print -but I want to include it in an email and have it look like a 3 panel brochure is that possible. I was having trouble publishing to web-put I don't want to publish to a web page, just have someone who I want look at this brochure in electronic form but look at it as it would be if they received it if I...

Delayed Sending In Exchange
Does anyone know how to delay the sending of messages in Outlook 2002/XP using Exchange? The main thing is that the user wants to be able to send a message at a later time and not be logged into the PC when that time arises. Is it possible to delay sending without being logged into the PC? In the open email message go to options and choose "do not deliver before..." and pick the desired send time. -- *************** No Email Replies "b.ups.help" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d4501c3a487$b7c90290$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does any...

Contacts not receiving attachments
Since migrating to a new SBS 2003 server and domain a few days ago we've found that when users try to send emails to contacts in our global address book the recipients receive the email but not the attachments. If we create an email and send to someone not in the address book they do receive the attachment. Is this a problem related to format of the emails? If so, how come it doesn't affect emails to people not in the address book and how can I go about solving it? Thanks in advance On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:42:14 -0700, MBurns <MBurns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >S...

Receiving UDP streaming through Windows Media Player
Hi All, I am using Windows Media Player Version 11.0.5721.5268 and VLC version 1.0.3 I am trying to stream video over UDP between two media players, the transmitter is VLC and the receiver is Windows Media Player. To roll out networking problem I have installed VLC and Windows Media Player on the same IP host and I use 127.0.0.1 or the IP address assigned to the computer from my DHCP server. Please send free to send your reply as well to ramig-at-comsysmobile-dot-com I manage to do so when the receiver is VLC as well -- so there is no networking or firewall issue. My...

how do you do you prevent outlook from sending copies
In Outlook '03, how do you do you prevent outlook from sending copies of the same email to individuals that appear on multiple distribution lists? Rules seem to hold a promising key, but the books i've consulted - Cardoza's "Using Microsoft office 2003" and Outlook for Dummies don't seem to indicate any solutions to this problem. Any feedback would be helpful, thanks! Crisra13 <cris.ramon@gmail.com> wrote: > In Outlook '03, how do you do you prevent outlook from sending copies > of the same email to individuals that appear on multiple distribution...

Can delegate receive only OOO notices pertaining to meeting reques
We use OL2007, Exchange 2007. I have an employee, Jane, who is a delegate to her boss, John. They are asking if there is a way for Jane to receive only those out-of-office notices generated when Jane sends out a meeting request for her boss. The boss DOES wants to receive all the other OOO notices, those generated when he sends out regular email. Is there a way to make this happen? I know we can setup a rule to forward all OOO notices to another person, but I do not see a way to make know if it was a regular message or a meeting request that was sent to make the OOO notice g...

Suddenly Unable To Send Email in Outook 2010
For the last 2 days, I have suddenly been unable to SEND email using Microsoft Outlook 2010 through my Verizon FiOs account. I CAN send email using my godaddy.com email account. Everything else works perfectly. I have tried to diagnose the problem, but I get the following message: Send test e-mail message: Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings. I am using POP3 email. All of my settings are correct. My ISP is Verizon FiOs. I contacted them and they verified that all of my settings are correct. We tried changing my Outg...

Why don't I receive emails from some of my safe senders?
We installed Outlook Connector in December. Since that time we have at least 4 people that we no longer receive the emails that they send. They are on our safe sender and safe recipients list. "stumped" <stumped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB6C27DD-7A77-4736-9FCF-FD5A4C2AF59D@microsoft.com... > We installed Outlook Connector in December. Since that time we have at > least > 4 people that we no longer receive the emails that they send. They are on > our safe sender and safe recipients list. I doubt your safe sender list has ...

how to customize the forms in outlook with send option?
i need to cutomize the outlook form with a send option in the form.for this which outlook form should be taken for customizing?.and give me some codes to develop the form mohan ...

Stop Sending Recipt Requests
I just installed Outlook 2003. It came up with warnings on whether it should send receipt requests or not. I turned off this warning the last time it poped up. By turning off the warning does it automatically answer YES to send receipts or NO. Is there an option to configure this. Obviously I would prefer not to send receipts. I can't find it anywhere in the OPTIONS. Maybe I am blind??? Tools->Options->Email Options->Tracking Options.. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name her...

Bulk Email Not Sending in CRM 4
Hi, I have been having no problems with this up until a couple of weeks ago. Basically, when contacts are selected, send direct email clicked and template selected the emails are not leaving the organisation. I have looked at system jobs and it says that thy have succeeded and I have tried this with both the outlook client and the webclient. Also I have restarted both services several times also applied the hotfix for the router service. Have I missed something or is there a way to monitor bulk emails to see where this is falling over, we are using exchange 2003 SP2 for routing. Any ...

sending email address
Outlook 2003 is not creating a hyperlink to my email address. After composing my message, I insert my email address and Outlook recognizes it. The problem is, once it's sent the recipient can't click on the address and have it open automatically. I had no problem doing this in Outlook Express. Is this just a setting I need to make a change to? Thanks in advance Are you saying that if your recipient clicks on the Reply button, nothing happens? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Sarge" wrote: > Outlook...

Sending mail out via two routes
Hi, I wonder if anyone here can help me here... We have an Exchange 5.5 server (Will be upgrading this to 2003 at some point!) Currently, all mail in and out of the company goes via another (In-House) server with GFI Mail Essentials installed. We have two ADSL providers, and a firewall that routes all mail traffic over one provider (It routes everything else over the other provider, unless that line is down, then it routs everything over the working connection) - we would like to configure it so, if this "mail" ADSL line goes down, the other line will then take over sending ...

Send/Receive settings
Hi I've just reformatted my machine (OS XP Pro and Outlook XP) and am in the process of getiing everything the way I like it but there's one thing I can't manage to sort out. I like to be able to bring up Outlook, click 'Send/Receive' and it starts to dial. At the moment it does nothing. I've tried altering some settings in Tool, Options, Mail Setup, Send/Receive but to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas? TIA Andy ...

error message when receiving email
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Russell mail', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Bummer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Russ asked: ...

Outlook express will not let me send messages
Hi I hope someone can help cure this infuiating problem. About a week ago Outlook express stopped sending - this is the message I get The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'xxxxxxxxxxx'. Subject 'Emailing: pay', Account: 'pop.freeserve.com', Server: 'smtp.freeserve.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Administrative prohibition', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79ing message. I get this come up Can anyone help? Many thanks Ton...

Send as another user doesn't work
Server: Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 Client: Outlook 2003 SP1 I've created a generic mailbox (E.g. info@domain.com) on server and want to have several users to be able to read and send email from this mailbox. I granted full mailbox access and read permissions of info@domain.com to the users, and also send as, receive as permissions as described in KB327000 (How To Grant "Send As" and "Send on Behalf" Permissions in Exchange 2000 Server). However, every time when users attempt to reply messages in info@domain.com, get undeliverable email "You ...

outlook will not automatically recieve email..have to go to send .
outlook will not recieve email automatically...have to go send and recieve all and manually ask it to recieve...auto send and recieve is not disabled Bummer. Care to share some useful information? Like Outlook version, mail account type, , connection type, your send/receive settings configuration, what you have tried and what KB articles you have read? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head ...

Operation Failed error when sending/receiving
My husband has Outlook 2002 and Outlook express on his laptop. From the first day of installation (August 2003), we have received "the operation failed" message when clicking on sending and receive in Outlook 2002 while the Outlook express sends/receives with no problem. He would like to be able to use Outlook 2002. Any suggestions? Thanks. J See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312354 helps. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Jackie" <jackie...

Endlessly sending mail
Hi! I have outlook 2003 set up to use an exchange server and an SMTP account. I messed up the setup and put a bad address in the SMTP account setup, and the SMTP server is rejecting my message. However, Outlook KEEPS sending the message OVER and OVER. The thing is, the message isn't in the Outbox! I looked for it there, thinking that I could delete it and make Outlook stop attempting to send it. But it's not there. How can I get rid of this message that will never send through the SMTP server? Any help is greatly appreciated! Lerch ...