send on behalf of but reply do different address?

Hi
a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get 
the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 
2003.

Does anyone know if this is possible please?

Thanks 

0
6/3/2008 3:05:03 PM
outlook 87535 articles. 10 followers. Follow

4 Replies
555 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 9

Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send 
replies to field.

-- 
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM



"ColinC" <nojunk.ccranstone@sky.com> wrote in message 
news:ADD20140-B300-411D-AED1-0C645180F880@microsoft.com...
> Hi
> a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but 
> get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and 
> Outlook 2003.
>
> Does anyone know if this is possible please?
>
> Thanks 

0
outlookmvp (5838)
6/3/2008 3:33:19 PM
Thanks Diane

It's so simple when you know how!!


"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message 
news:14AA84D9-DD92-4905-A01A-2F6BE703F571@microsoft.com...
> Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the 
> send replies to field.
>
> -- 
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
>
>
> "ColinC" <nojunk.ccranstone@sky.com> wrote in message 
> news:ADD20140-B300-411D-AED1-0C645180F880@microsoft.com...
>> Hi
>> a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but 
>> get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and 
>> Outlook 2003.
>>
>> Does anyone know if this is possible please?
>>
>> Thanks
> 

0
6/3/2008 4:19:47 PM
Hello,

I have done this and I get replies sent to me. However, my boss that I sent 
"on behalf of" still gets copies of all the "out of office" and all the 
"invalid address" (or bounce-backs into her email inbox, and it is 
frustrating her. 

How do I get ALL replies, even out of office and bouncebacks to come to me 
only?

Thanks,
Christian

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send 
> replies to field.
> 
> -- 
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
> 
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> 
> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> 
> 
> 
> "ColinC" <nojunk.ccranstone@sky.com> wrote in message 
> news:ADD20140-B300-411D-AED1-0C645180F880@microsoft.com...
> > Hi
> > a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but 
> > get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and 
> > Outlook 2003.
> >
> > Does anyone know if this is possible please?
> >
> > Thanks 
> 
0
Cdurch1 (1)
6/10/2008 1:03:01 PM
You can't do on behalf and get the automated replies as many of the OOF 
methods reply to the From address, not the Replies to address.

-- 
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM



"Cdurch1" <Cdurch1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:783FCEF2-9831-4296-9AF1-28A58ADD2B0D@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> I have done this and I get replies sent to me. However, my boss that I 
> sent
> "on behalf of" still gets copies of all the "out of office" and all the
> "invalid address" (or bounce-backs into her email inbox, and it is
> frustrating her.
>
> How do I get ALL replies, even out of office and bouncebacks to come to me
> only?
>
> Thanks,
> Christian
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the 
>> send
>> replies to field.
>>
>> -- 
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
>> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>
>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>>
>>
>> "ColinC" <nojunk.ccranstone@sky.com> wrote in message
>> news:ADD20140-B300-411D-AED1-0C645180F880@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi
>> > a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager 
>> > but
>> > get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and
>> > Outlook 2003.
>> >
>> > Does anyone know if this is possible please?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> 
0
outlookmvp (5838)
6/10/2008 1:07:46 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How do I send copies emails without sending attachments?
I send emails with attachments to our bank. My boss wants a copy of the email but not a copy of the attachment. How do I do that? Steve Bramblett wrote: > I send emails with attachments to our bank. My boss wants a copy of the > email but not a copy of the attachment. How do I do that? Each recipient gets the SAME copy of the e-mail. If you want different recipients to get different versions of your e-mail, you have to send different e-mails. ...

No message in outbox
I tried to send a message with 1Mb attachment to 40 recipients in the bcc field. It gave me an error message from the isp's server, the message was NOT sent (I've checked), it did NOT arrive in Sent Items, but neither is it in the Outbox any more. I can send and receive email successfully. Problem is, every few minutes Outlook tells me it's sending message 1 of 1, it fails and gives me the same error message. Yet there is no message in the Outbox. But what happened to the original message when it first failed to send? I guess it's 'stuck' somewhere but I can...

Sending mail from selected email address
Hi All, As I have 4 email accounts set up in Outlook, I understand that I can send mail from each or any account. The accounts are listed under tools / Send and Receive / then each of the accounts. How can I choose which account to send from so that the recipient see's who I want it to be from?? Hope that explains it. Regards Alan On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 21:10:48 -1000, The Fatman <albaxter@optushome.com.au> wrote: > Hi All, > > As I have 4 email accounts set up in Outlook, I understand that I can > send > mail from each or any account. > > The acco...

Sending a macro to another PC-how?
How do you send a macro you've written to another PC so that they can save it in their Personal.xls file (at Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart)? You can export a macro and save it, to do this from your workbook, right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is to the left of the "File" menu this will open the VBA editor, click on the module you want to save and go to file and export file, then save it to a floppy or what ever you backup to, then import it to the new workbook. -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using ...

Sending mail from remote location
my mail works great while at home. when I go on the road I can receive ail but not send. I get the following error message: Subject 'SKIDOO MACH Z 800LT (long track / long tunnel) (Jackson)', Account: 'Jeff', Server: 'smtp.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '571 imp11 smtp.charter.net OTcuMTQ3LjE2LjIzMA== You must connect from Charter IP space. E1110', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 571, Error Number: 0x800CCC61 It worked on my last laptop and I have not been able to figure it out on this one. I can't remember what I...

Send and Recieve Fix
For a long time I had a problem with my Send/Recieve function in Outlook. This happended in both Outlook 2000 and my current version - 2007. I found I had to re-boot my computer to perform a Send/Recieve in Outlook. Otherwise the sequence would start then stop and say it could not perform due to an error. After extensive Internet and News Group research I decided it was time to run a check on disk errors. This Windows XP facility seemed to have fixed my Outlook problem. I did this about a few months ago now and I have since had no problems with my send and recieve. Unfortunately I do have ...

Unable to send?
Hi, I've got MOOL, and i"m usign ti with outlook. The emails that I'm sending are just "stuck" in the outbox? Can anyone give me an idea of what's going on? Rex Did it ever work? Are you able to receive? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Rekks" <rex_flynn@hotmail.com> wrote ...

Charts based on Different Dates
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to (if possible) create a series of charts that involve certain dates throughout the year. The data will be the same for all charts but I want it to be between dates. I might want to see charts for 01/01/10 to 31/03/10 or I might want to see the same Charts but for different dates like 01/04/10 to 30/06/10 or from 01/01/10 to 30/06/10 Is it possible to be able to enter the "from" date into say A1 and the "to" date into B1 and then the charts will automatically show the corresponding data. I have something fixed already using sumproduc...

Replies as administrator
I have an issue with users replying to emails. I am running Echange 2000, SP3 with Outlook 2000 for the client in a terminal server environment. The issue i am having is when a user replies to an email the address that appears is the adminsitrator address and not the user's address. This just started happening out of the blue and this server has been running for about 1 yr. without any problems. A few weeks ago I ran an offline defrag of the store to regain some space. Not sure if this may have caused the problem but regardless I need to get this resolved. Any help would be greatly app...

Sending messages in Outlook
We have a user that everytime that she sends an email she will get booted out of Outlook. The email does go through, but she will have to get out of Outlook. When she goes back into Outlook, everything is fine until she sends another message. Any help would be appreciated. ...

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???
I just replaced our server hardware, upgraded to WS 2k3 Enterprise and created a new domain. I transferred the client files and desktop on our desk/laptop computers over to the new domain. We do NOT have Exchange installed yet, but use Outlook 2002 with the email etc. saved on the client. One one client machine (mine), the email, calendar, etc are there, but when I hit the Send/Receive button, I get a message saying that I don't have permission to perform this operation. Also when I try and change the automatic check for email option it tells me I don't have permission. ...

Forwarding Mail to an external Address
I receive email as I am a member of a distribution group. I want to set a rule up in Outlook to automatically forward items addressed to that distribution group, to an external email address. Is this possible? I tried to set up the rule, but could not get it to work. Thanks On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:17:01 -0700, RayRedSoxFan <RayRedSoxFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I receive email as I am a member of a distribution group. I want to set a >rule up in Outlook to automatically forward items addressed to that >distribution group, to an external email address. Is this p...

Send Do Not Send
When I attempt to email via a print server - OutLook Express displays the message "A program is attempting to email on your behalf" Send or Do Not Send - How do you prevent this from happening? And just automatically send? ...

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003
Hi everyone, Is there a better way to give a few users the ability to send mails also from the info@domain.com mailbox without having them logout and login to a different Outlook 2003 profile... Or without the text sending on behalf of... So my question is, Is there an easy way that a user can select another e-mail address and send mails out...? Thanks a lot in advance!! Regards, BY On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 12:57:12 GMT, "BY" <nospam@mail.com> wrote: >Hi everyone, > >Is there a better way to give a few users the ability to send mails also >from the info@dom...

appending data from text file with different column orderings
I'm interested in appending data to an Access table without having tobe constrained by the order of the columns in an external file. Forinstance, if I have a table with 4 fields - A, B, C, D - I would liketo be able to have my external file in any column order, say D, C, B,A. Is this possible without programming?>From what I've seen, it seems that I would have to have my externalfile ordered the same as the table - A, B, C, D - and I'd like to haveindependence of the table ordering.Denis On Mar 14, 4:37 pm, John Nurick <j.mapSoN.nur...@dial.pipex.com>wrote:> Hi Denis,...

What was Outlook sending?
Hi, I downloaded my messages using the option "send and receive all". However, the "Show Progress" box indicates that I was also 'sending something'. But I had nothing to send! I look in the "Sent items' folder and nothing was sent at this time. What was Outlook 2003 doing? Santista The usual response here is, "You have a virus". It could be that a virus program is using your Outlook to send spam and/or a copy of itself to people in your address book. I hope this is not the case, but please have the foresight (aftersight?) to look into ...

Outlook Can't Send Messages
This morning I fired up Outlook 2007 (running under Windows 7). It retrieved all new emails. I then tried to post a new email, (not a reply). However, the nano-second that I clicked on "Send" I received a reply from "System Administrator". It said this: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: The Train Meltdown Sent: 27-Jul-10 1:18 PM The following recipient(s) cannot be reached: xxxxx@xxxxx.com.au on 27-Jul-10 1:18 PM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. I have 3 active email ac...

'SEND' just sends it to the OUTBOX
Outlook 2007 on WinXP Home SP3. When I click 'SEND' when replying to an email it does not SEND but puts it in the OUTBOX. I have to click SEND/RECEIVE from the main page to actually SEND the email. Is there a setting I am missing? Thank you. "Peter" <lysdexic@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eoOd1BM$KHA.5536@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007 on WinXP Home SP3. When I click 'SEND' when replying to an > email it does not SEND but puts it in the OUTBOX. I have to click > SEND/RECEIVE from the main page to actually SEND the emai...

Rules Wizard and Send/Receive error
A couple of days ago, I received an alert from Norton Antivirus software that the file "belt.cab" was corrupted but could not be deleted. Fearing the worst, I manually deleted the file. Since then, Outlook appears to be completely disabled, with the symptoms being that several commands have disappeared from the Tools menu including Send/Receive (both), Rules Wizard, Out of Office Assistant. I can compose an email, but it will not send. I have checked my email accounts and all appears to be in order. Even after a complete reinstall, I cannot send/receive email. The on...

How can I add a recurring footer (name/address) to new messages?
We recently received an email from a customer with their company name and address centered at the bottom of the page as you would have on company stationery. How can we implement this in Outlook for our emails? Click the "Center" button in the Signature dialog box after selecting the text. Cyn @ Spectrum wrote: > We recently received an email from a customer with their company name and > address centered at the bottom of the page as you would have on company > stationery. How can we implement this in Outlook for our emails? ...

Need variable that refers to same row different column
Background.: I came up with this for a coworker-> Plug this formula into your B Column on the sheet of your report. Formula: =DATEVALUE(GXX) where XX is the corresponding row value in column G It would have been a lot cooler to send him a formula that he didn't have to change. Question.: Is there a variable I can use in Excel that refers to the same row as the selected cell, something like "=DATEVALUE(Gsamerow)" ??? TIA =DATEVALUE(INDEX(G:G,ROW())) is one option. -- David Biddulph "Toddomation" <Toddoma...

sending Access files
Is there a quick and easy way to send access files without Outlook blocking them. I exchange files with a limited selection of people so am happy that what I am sending and receiving is OK. I know that I can use WizZip but the knowledge database also suggests changing the .mdb extension. I don't know how to do this. Do I just right click over the file and choose open with Word? Or maybe there is a simpler way. Thanks When you send a file type that on Microsoft's potentially dangerous list, you get a message informing you that the recipient may not be able to access the file on...

Compiled ocx file reports different sizes
Hi, When I use MSVC 6.0 ide to compile my active x component , the size reported is 412KB But when I comple the same fromcommand line, the size reported is 408KB Why ? Am I loosing something here Does IDE add somethings... Help sandSpiderX Likely you are simply using different compile options. Variations in optimization, byte alignment, debug info, etc. can all yield different sized modules. "sandSpider" <m74.piscean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1120826022.231620.249400@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > When I use MSVC 6.0 ide to compile my activ...

Trying to send emails from an external program
I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a reliable source for sending emails?? tammy0005 wrote: > I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the > email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a > reliable source for sending emails?? MapiLab's security add-on (free) ...

Multiple Send to
Dear Experts, In any Document Library you have a Send To drop down option. This can only be configured once that is only one entry. I have to have 7 Custom Send To options. Does anyone know how to create more than 1 Sent To? Best Regards, -- Girish J Bhatia MOSS Certified, SharePoint Certified, MCSE2003, MCDBA, CCNA, CCNP, CCSA ...