Send and Receive Option

On my desktop I have send and receive button/tab.

Some how on my notebook, I have failed to check this option and so it does
not show up. Could someone please help me to find where to check so that I
always have at hand the option to send and receive. I would be grateful

MS Office Outlook 2007

Thanks for any help

Jerry

Jerry wrote:

> On my desktop I have send and receive button/tab.
>
> Some how on my notebook, I have failed to check this option and so it does
> not show up. Could someone please help me to find where to check so that I
> always have at hand the option to send and receive. I would be grateful
>
> MS Office Outlook 2007

Did you yet define an account so you can receive and send to it?
0
V4521 (722)
10/1/2009 6:29:55 AM
yes

> Jerry wrote:
>
>> On my desktop I have send and receive button/tab.
>>
>> Some how on my notebook, I have failed to check this option and so it
>> does
>> not show up. Could someone please help me to find where to check so that
>> always have at hand the option to send and receive. I would be grateful
>>
>> MS Office Outlook 2007
>
> Did you yet define an account so you can receive and send to it?

Unless you set up your email account properly with your ISP the Send\Receive button
will not show

--
Peter

"Jerry" <jer1iz_boh1ey@bethelmail.org> wrote in message
> yes
>
> "VanguardLH" <V@nguard.LH> wrote in message news:ha1i92$iia$1@news.albasani.net...
>> Jerry wrote:
>>
>>> On my desktop I have send and receive button/tab.
>>>
>>> Some how on my notebook, I have failed to check this option and so it does
>>> not show up. Could someone please help me to find where to check so that I
>>> always have at hand the option to send and receive. I would be grateful
>>>
>>> MS Office Outlook 2007
>>
>> Did you yet define an account so you can receive and send to it?

0
okf221 (388)
10/1/2009 12:20:02 PM

> On my desktop I have send and receive button/tab.
>
> Some how on my notebook, I have failed to check this option and so it does
> not show up. Could someone please help me to find where to check so that I
> always have at hand the option to send and receive. I would be grateful
>
> MS Office Outlook 2007

With Outlook closed, delete the file outcmd.dat in the (usually hidden) folder
%AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook and try again.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
10/1/2009 4:48:21 PM
Jerry wrote:

> VanguardLH wrote ...
>
>> Jerry wrote:
>>
>>> On my desktop I have send and receive button/tab.
>>>
>>> Some how on my notebook, I have failed to check this option and so
>>> it does not show up. Could someone please help me to find where to
>>> check so that I always have at hand the option to send and receive.
>>> I would be grateful
>>>
>>> MS Office Outlook 2007
>>
>> Did you yet define an account so you can receive and send to it?
>
> yes

You really sure? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297863

What TYPE of e-mail accounts are defined in Outlook?  Did you just
install OL2007 and were previously using Outlook Express with a Hotmail
account?  If so, read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293075 (you'll
have to define a POP account in OL2007 unless you go with the Outlook
Connector add-on to add Deltasync support to Outlook).

Is this the Send button that should appear in the toolbar when you are
composing a new e-mail?

Did you perhaps customize the toolbar?  If so, right-click on an unused
portion of the toolbar, Customize, select Standard toolbar, and click
Reset.  Otherwise you can delete the outcmd.dat file to reset your
customizations back to the defaults.
0
V4521 (722)
10/2/2009 2:44:16 AM
Peter Foldes wrote:

> Unless you set up your email account properly with your ISP the Send\Receive button
> will not show

I doubt that.  Outlook hasn't a clue as to what are the correct
parameters to define an account in Outlook that will work with the
targeted e-mail provider.  Defining an account does NOT require you
actually use that account.  Outlook won't know the parameter are
incorrect until you actually have Outlook try to establish a mail
session.
0
V4521 (722)
10/2/2009 2:44:24 AM
No, that did not correct it either. Thanks for the try
Jerry

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Jerry" <jer1iz_boh1ey@bethelmail.org> wrote in message
>
>> On my desktop I have send and receive button/tab.
>>
>> Some how on my notebook, I have failed to check this option and so it
>> does not show up. Could someone please help me to find where to check so
>> that I always have at hand the option to send and receive. I would be
>> grateful
>>
>> MS Office Outlook 2007
>
> With Outlook closed, delete the file outcmd.dat in the (usually hidden)
> folder %AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook and try again.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

No message in outbox

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

change the colour of the "invert if negative" option in Excel
How do I change the colour of the "invert if negative" option for charts in Excel? (e.g., use green for positive and red for negative numbers) Checking the "invert if negative" box does change the colour, but without an option as to what colour to be used Hi, For explanation on how to control invert colour. http://www.andypope.info/charts/Invertneg.htm This approach is not possible in xl2007. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Luci" <Luci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03173739-0D7A-4037-8C5...

Sending mail from remote location

Send and Recieve Fix

Unable to send?

Sending messages in Outlook

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Send Do Not Send

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003

What was Outlook sending?

Outlook Can't Send Messages

'SEND' just sends it to the OUTBOX

Rules Wizard and Send/Receive error
A couple of days ago, I received an alert from Norton Antivirus software that the file "belt.cab" was corrupted but could not be deleted. Fearing the worst, I manually deleted the file. Since then, Outlook appears to be completely disabled, with the symptoms being that several commands have disappeared from the Tools menu including Send/Receive (both), Rules Wizard, Out of Office Assistant. I can compose an email, but it will not send. I have checked my email accounts and all appears to be in order. Even after a complete reinstall, I cannot send/receive email. The on...

sending Access files
Is there a quick and easy way to send access files without Outlook blocking them. I exchange files with a limited selection of people so am happy that what I am sending and receiving is OK. I know that I can use WizZip but the knowledge database also suggests changing the .mdb extension. I don't know how to do this. Do I just right click over the file and choose open with Word? Or maybe there is a simpler way. Thanks When you send a file type that on Microsoft's potentially dangerous list, you get a message informing you that the recipient may not be able to access the file on...

New Servers
Hi all I am looking to replace our ageing File/Print and Exchange servers and would welcome opinion on the above subjects: For the drive arrays, there seems to be a trend towards SATA drives for array builds. I have approx 20 PC users running SATA drives, with no failures in the last five years. However I have had 2 failures in 6 months in a cluster of 4 servers running SCSI arrays. This would tend to support the argument for SATA. Once the drive type has been decided, what is the preferred drive configuration? Mirrored system drives and RAID 5 data OR RAID 5 array for...

Trying to send emails from an external program
I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a reliable source for sending emails?? tammy0005 wrote: > I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the > email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a > reliable source for sending emails?? MapiLab's security add-on (free) ...

Multiple Send to
Dear Experts, In any Document Library you have a Send To drop down option. This can only be configured once that is only one entry. I have to have 7 Custom Send To options. Does anyone know how to create more than 1 Sent To? Best Regards, -- Girish J Bhatia MOSS Certified, SharePoint Certified, MCSE2003, MCDBA, CCNA, CCNP, CCSA ...

Automatically sending with outlook 2002
I am running Outlook 2002. When I click send, to send an email, it goes into Outbox. I then need to click send/receive from Inbox. Is there anyway the email can just send automatically from the outbox to avoid having to click send in 2 steps? Thanks. Check Tools | Options | Mail Setup Is the option to send messages immediately selected? Also, check the Send/Receive Settings | Define Send/Receive Groups. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Ronk"...

still problems with Exchange 2010 and sending to certain domains
We have done the following: made sure the PTR records matches the IP address of the send connector created an SPF record we are still having issues sending to certain domains and we are at a loss. I've done plenty of 2007 systems and never had this issue. What are we doing wrong? It simply doesn't make sense. Do you get an error message back from the receiving server? JE. On 1/26/2010 10:14 AM, Gene Whitley wrote: > We have done the following: > > made sure the PTR records matches the IP address of the send connector > > created an...

Word should have the option of being organized into chapters
It would be really useful to have some sort of tabbed view where a document can be viewed as a whole (on the all tab)(also this is the current "normal" way of viewing a document) or by chapters or sections (with each section having a tab). You could modify the original all document and it would effect the subsequent sections. sections would be defined with some sort of meta-data place marker, which would be visible when being editted but not when printed. This would encourage people to look at larger documents on their computer, because it would be better organized. PDF...

Problem Sending Email using Outlook 2000
I am attempting to send an email to a 130 person distribution list. The email is very short but has a 451 kb attachment. I am repeatedly getting the following message from System Administrator Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: My Subject Sent: 5/28/2005 11:03 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: RecipientOne (E-mail) on 5/28/2005 11:03 AM No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient. RecipientTwo (E-mail) on 5/28/2005 11:03 AM No transport provider was available ...

PLEASE HELP: Send email from Access with data in email body
Hi All, How can I send email from access with data displayed in the email body? I have a button "Email users" in access custom form that sends email to all the users, But I dont know how to send them their particular schedule only. For eg: Here is what My Table looks like: Users Day Time User1 M 13:00 User2 M 14:00 User3 T 15:00 User1 T 16:00 User3 W 17:00 User4 W 18:00 User4 Th 13:00 So basically, When I click "Email Users" Button, I want all the users to receive their respective schedules onl...