Selecting which Inbox to show at start-up

I am trying to sync my mail with my palm, and it will only sync the general
inbox, but my mail goes to the inbox of my mail account at my school.  How
can I either get that mail moved to the general inbox at start-up, or just
switch that to be the main inbox?

If i could get outlook to check this other account at start-up it might be
fine, but i have to click on it to get it to check the school mail, even
though that is the only mail account i have set up

What type of account and version of Outlook are we talking about here?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----
"Kyle J." <Kyle J.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to sync my mail with my palm, and it will only sync the general
> inbox, but my mail goes to the inbox of my mail account at my school.  How
> can I either get that mail moved to the general inbox at start-up, or just
> switch that to be the main inbox?
>
> If i could get outlook to check this other account at start-up it might be
> fine, but i have to click on it to get it to check the school mail, even
> though that is the only mail account i have set up

0
Roady
6/20/2005 7:41:32 AM
It's outlook 2002 and a university IMAP/SMTP account

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> What type of account and version of Outlook are we talking about here?
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
> -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data
>
> -----
> "Kyle J." <Kyle J.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to sync my mail with my palm, and it will only sync the general
> > inbox, but my mail goes to the inbox of my mail account at my school.  How
> > can I either get that mail moved to the general inbox at start-up, or just
> > switch that to be the main inbox?
> >
> > If i could get outlook to check this other account at start-up it might be
> > fine, but i have to click on it to get it to check the school mail, even
> > though that is the only mail account i have set up

Kyle J. <Kyle J.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am trying to sync my mail with my palm, and it will only sync the
> general inbox, but my mail goes to the inbox of my mail account at my
> school.  How can I either get that mail moved to the general inbox at
> start-up, or just switch that to be the main inbox?

An IMAP data store can never be the delivery location so there;s not way to
do what you're asking other than by moving or copying all the messages in
the IMAP store to the delivery location Inbox.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Run report on multi selected records.

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

Select contact then hangs

wireless connections fail on cold start but are ok after standby
Does anyone have any clues why my Amilo D1845 laptop initially fails to see wireless connections on a normal cold start. When I go to standby mode and power up again everything is fine. I'm running Win2003 5.1 SP2 and Outlook 2003 SP1. Tks ...

Selecting rows from various sheets

select text in Calendar

sent items missing from inbox
When I reply to an item in my inbox, it disappears from the inbox. I can retrieve it from my sent items, but it no longer exists in the inbox. This is a new development. Any thoughts? Check your view settings - sounds like you're set to view only unread mail. Debra Vinikour wrote: > When I reply to an item in my inbox, it disappears from > the inbox. I can retrieve it from my sent items, but it > no longer exists in the inbox. This is a new > development. Any thoughts? Check your views on the inbox to ensure it is not set to Unread Items. (HINT - Best to enable t...

Field list not showing up
Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic table verbiage, but no field list. Any thoughts? Actually when I go to fullpage view I can get the field list, but in normal view cannot get the field list to appear. driving me nuts. "JeffVA" wrote: > Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I > select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic > table verbiage, but no field list. > > Any thoughts? ...

why does my outlook open twice (2 windows) when i start?
When i open it normally, I often find 2 windows open, as if I opened it twice-why does this happen and how can I correct it? ...

Link select with a blast

Why won't my text shadows show up when I print?
I'm using PPT 2007 and I have placed a drop shadow on some of my text. I can see it in the PPT file and when I view in slide show mode, but when I print to my printer or Acrobat to make a PDF, the shadows don't show up? Any ideas on why this is happening? Go to Office Button | PPT Options and check the option for High Quality Printing. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx ...

Select Case in a Change Event

Sheets not showing
Hi there, I have an Excel file that comes from a client and I have to import into my MS Access database. The spreadsheet shows 5 sheets on it with simples data and only one picture on the 5th sheet, according to the menu, there is nothing hidden. These are my sheets: - Legend - Studio Usage - Studio Usage Calc background - Summary - Price Assembly When I open the file thru Access and try to read it, it says that there are 10 sheets on the file, the 5 above and 5 more: - March chargeable services - no charge services - Sheet2 - Sheet3 - Sheet4 Thru Access I can read them, write on them...

Select Records based another table...

Multi-Select List Box Does Not Retain Selected Items
I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select items in the list box they do not remain select when I select another control on the form. Any suggestions? Did you bind the list box to a keywords field? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "kaykay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276dd01c4638d$bd5af590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select > items i...

Outlook 2003 always ask to start with Safe Mode
Hello, After a recent power outage and my XP system suddenly off ( I was running Outlook 2003 ), my Outlook crashed and now always started with Safe Mode, I tried many solutions by googling, no cure! Do you have any idea how that Safe Mode warning actually comes from? Is there any parameter inside Registry controlling it? or when Outlook open and crash something, the Safe Mode box will be triggered? Any idea will be highly appreciated. Rgds, Dove it will often come up after a crash but usually only the first restart. Run scanpst on it and see if it helps - http://www.outlook-tips.n...

I am wanting to start a Good News Newspaper. How do I start?
Please provide me with any help and/or advice for starting up a Newspaper. Thanks and God bless. Creating a publication http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062559031033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "AMhere4U" <AMhere4U@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AFFE797-46C9-4864-8CC5-ECC1FF895B7F@microsoft.com... > Please provide me with any help and/or advice for starting up a Newspaper. > > Thanks and God bless. > > Please provide me with any help and/or...

VBA
I am very new to VBA and access and have a question regarding a SELECT statement. I am going to run a select (recordset - so I can loop through and process each record) but on my SELECT I want to make sure I return at least 20 rows, otherwise I am going to change my WHERE clause to include more rows. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to just do an inital SELECT COUNT(*) and then decide which WHERE clause to use?? Do you have an example I can look at? Thank you in advance! AJ On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:14:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I would not first ...

drag&dropping EML files to Inbox doesnt work
Hi all, Fairly regularly we get calls from our customers telling us that they cannot drag&drop their back-upped mail (in the form of *.eml files) to the Inbox. This problem occurs (at least) with Outlook 2002, and Outlook Express 6. When we ourselves try to recreate the problem, we are unable to - everything works as expected in both Outlook and Outlook Express, the *.eml files appear as e-mails in the Inbox when drag&dropped there from any place on the harddrive. I couldn't find anything on this problem using Google, except someone describing the same problem: http://www.exper...

Drop down list quicker selection
We are using Excel 2003 We created a drop down list using the Data\Validation process, which works fine. When the arrow within a cell is clicked on to show the drop down list, how can you quickly select one of the many names in the list just by typing the first character of a name within the list. At the moment, we have to scroll up and down the list to select a particular name, which in itself isn't a problem, but slows down the process of finding the right name. Can the names within the list be alphabetically grouped when inputting the first character from the keyboard, and spee...

Outlook 2007 inbox stuck on "waiting to update"/embedded account i
I had one user who noticed at the bottom it said.. folder last updated at 12:00 pm.. (when of course it was later in the day).. they had no new emails.. it did say connected to Exchange.. All end users have Cached Exchange Mode on.. This is very odd.. i did find two workarounds.. First i did try removing the ost.. removing the profile.. I then re-added the account/profile.. All was fine until I added the second and third embedded exchange mailboxes. In this case it turned out the second embedded account was causing it to get stuck on "waiting to update" this folder, ...

Selected fields to update
I need to have the ability, in OL'07, when I try to copy in a contact and am told there is a duplicate, to be able to select which fields I want updated and which not. Is that possible built-in or add-in? -- Boris You may find this of interest - ContactGenie DataPorter 2.0 - specifically handles updating of pre-existing contacts allowing you to define which fields you want to import/update from your input data file (custom forms/fields supported). Features: http://www.contactgenie.com/cg20features.htm Download" http://www.contactgenie.com/cg20dlorder.htm Karl _...