selecting which email service to send from

In Outlook Express with more than 1 email account
it is possible to select from which account a
particular
message is sent from.

How can this same choice be made from Outlook
2000?

--
obsidian

0
obsidian (5)

Do you have Outlook 2000 installed in Internet Mail Only mode or in
Corporate/Workgroup mode?  If you're not sure, look at the second line
of text in Help | About Microsoft Outlook.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

"obsidian" <obsidian@leuven.vlaanderen.terra.sol> wrote in message
> In Outlook Express with more than 1 email account
> it is possible to select from which account a
> particular
> message is sent from.
>
> How can this same choice be made from Outlook
> 2000?
>
> --
> obsidian

it is in Corporate/Workgroup  mode

--
obsidian

<jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Do you have Outlook 2000 installed in Internet
Mail Only mode or in
> Corporate/Workgroup mode?  If you're not sure,
look at the second line
> of text in Help | About Microsoft Outlook.
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will
probably not be answered --
> please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve
the message thread. ***

> "obsidian"
<obsidian@leuven.vlaanderen.terra.sol> wrote in
message

> > In Outlook Express with more than 1 email
account
> > it is possible to select from which account a
> > particular
> > message is sent from.
> >
> > How can this same choice be made from Outlook
> > 2000?
> >
> > --
> > obsidian

0
obsidian (5)
8/14/2003 5:36:18 PM
You're pretty much out of luck, then.  For some people, putting the desired
service at the top of the service list will cause messages to be sent by
that service, but they're a minority.  Outlook 2000 in corporate/workgroup
mode just doesn't handle this case well.  Outlook 2002 and 2003 handle it
well - if this is functionality that you need to have, you should consider
upgrading.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

> it is in Corporate/Workgroup  mode
>
> --
> obsidian
>

> "Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]"
> <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > Do you have Outlook 2000 installed in Internet
> Mail Only mode or in
> > Corporate/Workgroup mode?  If you're not sure,
> look at the second line
> > of text in Help | About Microsoft Outlook.
> >
> > --
> > Jocelyn Fiorello
> > MVP - Outlook
> >
> > *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will
> probably not be answered --
> > please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve
> the message thread. ***
> >

> > "obsidian"
> <obsidian@leuven.vlaanderen.terra.sol> wrote in
> message

> > > In Outlook Express with more than 1 email
> account
> > > it is possible to select from which account a
> > > particular
> > > message is sent from.
> > >
> > > How can this same choice be made from Outlook
> > > 2000?
> > >
> > > --
> > > obsidian

0
stephenson (1246)
8/14/2003 5:58:39 PM
thank-you, following your suggestion of putting
the desired
sender at the top of the services list did work
for me

--
obsidian

"Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]"
<stephenson@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You're pretty much out of luck, then.  For some
people, putting the desired
> service at the top of the service list will
cause messages to be sent by
> that service, but they're a minority.  Outlook
2000 in corporate/workgroup
> mode just doesn't handle this case well.
Outlook 2002 and 2003 handle it
> well - if this is functionality that you need to
have, you should consider
> upgrading.
>
> --
> Jeff Stephenson
> Outlook Development
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no
warranties, and confers no rights

> "obsidian"
<obsidian@leuven.vlaanderen.terra.sol> wrote in
message

> > it is in Corporate/Workgroup  mode
> >
> > --
> > obsidian
> >

> > "Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]"
> > <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in message

> > > Do you have Outlook 2000 installed in
Internet
> > Mail Only mode or in
> > > Corporate/Workgroup mode?  If you're not
sure,
> > look at the second line
> > > of text in Help | About Microsoft Outlook.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jocelyn Fiorello
> > > MVP - Outlook
> > >
> > > *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will
> > probably not be answered --
> > > please reply only to the newsgroup to
preserve
> > the message thread. ***
> > >

> > > "obsidian"
> > <obsidian@leuven.vlaanderen.terra.sol> wrote
in
> > message

> > account
account a

Outlook

0
obsidian (5)
8/15/2003 7:30:52 AM
go to tools /accounts/ set as default in Outlook same in OE

0
schbr (13)
8/15/2003 5:08:42 PM
The original poster posted that he was in Corporate/Workgroup mode...he
doesn't have an "Accounts" command on his Tools menu and he needed to
use the solution Jeff Stephenson provided to get it to work for him.
"Accounts" appears on the Tools menu in Internet Mail Only mode.

--

<schbr@nelson-tel.net> wrote in message
> go to tools /accounts/ set as default in Outlook same in OE

problems ending email directly from excel
trying to send excel sheet directly from the program. getting this error: excel could not start the email program. check network connection and make sure office is correctly installed. Hi Pierce See http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm Maybe number 3 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Pierce" <pierce@testing.com> wrote in message news:4404926b$0$22975$c83e3ef6@nn1-read.tele2.net... > trying to send excel sheet directly from the program. > > getting this error: > > excel could not start the email program. > check network connect...

how do I add a signature to an e-mail from excel 'send to'
When you send an Excel document via File -> Send to -> mail recipient (as attachment) Outlook does not add the signature. Aside from the insert signature how do I set it to be added automatically? ...

Outlook Profile in Terminal Services
We have Terminal Services installed on load balanced servers running Windows 2000 Server. We have had users connecting to the Terminal Servers "lose" their outlook profile and be prompted with the outlook setup wizard when they log in. Their windows profile is fine. Any thought? ...

Select rows from a table using lookups
Hi I am trying to create a query that will select multiple rows from a table based on data input by a user. The main table has a thousand plus records in, from which I want to select records to print address labels from. The user will know what records they want to use and expects to enter the record numbers (primary key) into a popup. The popup (or popups!) select the records they need, and then then label report can use the query to print. I am not at this time concerned about where the records print on each page, just selecing mutiple rows. Thanks! On my website (www.rogersacces...

Mails sending but not being received
Sending emails from Windows Mail with a POP3 account to external accounts but they are not being received. No rejection messages, they send as usual. Also receiving emails from these external accounts without any problem. Have tested 2 alternative Hotmail and Gmail accounts I have, same results. Have contacted the POP3 service provider, they have tested the account and sent mails from my email address to my alternative accounts successfully. Am working on Vista, never had this problem for last 14 months until 2 days ago. Anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? Th...

There is any auto email format?
Hi All, I know some one can help me in this regard, that I am using excel for Insurance expiry date list more then 2000 list I have. Now what my question is everyday I can’t able to find every expiry date. I want some solution from that if there is any formula like if insurance date was expired how can I get the email for me? Like the date is 8/3/2010 and number is 123456 at the same day automatically I want email from for warning so that I can renewal the same. If there is any formula or something pls help me. I am very struggling for this. Have you tried Conditional ...

Can't send email. Sits in Outbox.
My email sits in Outbox and DOES NOT have attachments. I'm getting an error 0x800ccc13. Cox.net Internet connection was down for 2 days and mail wasn't coming in for a day. They said this is an Outlook problem or Norton antivirus. So I disabled all my Norton. It still won't send email. I CAN receive email. The only software I added lately was my portable keyboard software. Help! Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >My email sits in Outbox and DOES NOT have attachments. I'm >getting an error 0x800ccc13. > >Cox.net Internet connection was down for 2 da...

Outgoing e-mails stay in the outbox unless I hit send and receive
my outlook won't send out e-mails that I compose unless I hit send and received. there has been no changes nor any additions to any programs on my computer. any ideas anyone, hope youc an help. CGS Press Ctrl+Alt+S - do you have a scheduled send set up? (use 5 -8 min minimum, higher is better) Look in Tools, options, mail setup tab - is send immediately enabled? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@list...

Email Setup
This is not a complaint. I would like to know how to autoomatically receive mail in my MS Outlook 2007 (part of my Office 2007 Suite). I simply need some morsels of info. I tested my Outlook 2007 Email setup, and used my Yahoo login (username DougWanBenoit) and my password. My Outlook will not connect. 1. I do know if my Yahoo account is a pop3 account 2. for mail, Outlook automatically decided to use: mail.Yahoo.com and SMTP.Yahoo.com but I'm not sure if that is correct, now. 3. The test Email button prompted a Windows message with two textboxes already filled i...

Outlook 2000 No access to email
In trying to open outlook I recieved the following. "An OLE registration erroe occured. The program is not correctly installed. Run set up again for the program". I have run set up twice and stil recieve the same message and have no access to outlook as it immediately closes. Help appreciated. ...

Outlook 03 email hangs in Outbox
XP/Outlook03/Norton same problem on cable and phone with three different computers. Up until about a month ago when I typed a new email and hit send. No problem it would go out one by one. No new hardware or software other than virus and OS updates. About a month ago, emails would collect inthe outbox rather than go out individually. Now I have to go into outbox and then hit send/receive. 50% of the time all the messages except one email goes out. 40% of the time none of the email messages go out. 10% of the time I get on the cable Ox800CCCoF error message stating that cannot connect...

email message presentation
I would like to see both the Nickname and the address in the To: field. How can I do that? honestabe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to see both the Nickname and the address in > the To: field. How can I do that? The "Display As" field in the Contacts item should control this. -- Brian Tillman ...

when i select dont update I get #REF!
When I select dont update sheet, previous version should my figures. With 2k3 figure change to #REF! I'm puzzled, how do i prevent this from happening? xl2002+ likes to recalculate any workbooks that were created in previous versions. In earlier versions of excel, if you answer No to the update links prompt, the existing values are kept. In xl2002+, you get those errors. Jim Rech posted a registry tweak: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=uzkujhMHEHA.3284%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl Maybe it'll work ok for you. mmollat wrote: > > When I select dont update sheet, previous...

Publisher 2007 Page Set-up & Document Size Selection
I find the new Page Set-up more confusing than helpful. Having to navigate thru all the page sizes and configurations (especially in picture form) is very time consuming. Finding that information from past docments has been added only adds to the confusion. Setting up the page again is not hard, and certainly easier than trying to find what I have done in the past among all the choices. If this must remain, please include a drop-down window, as has been used in the past, of the basic page sizes, along with the familiar choice of Portrait or Landscape, and the ability to set my own c...

"Disable Send/Receive" button
Office Outlook 2007, SP1 On one of my computers, I was able to customize a button for "Disable Scheduled Send/Receive," but now I can't remember how I found it. I'm trying to customize the same for my notebook. Online searches say that I can find that command under Tool>Send/Receive>Send/Receive Settings, but the only choices I find there are "Define Send/Receive Groups" and "Show Progress." Where's the "Disable Scheduled Send/Receive" command? Thanks! Ken Isaacson SILENT COUNSEL, a legal thriller www.KenIsaacson.com Tools-&g...

can't drag attachements from email
I am using outlook with exchange and on my machine only I cannot drag attachements from emails into explorer. I used to be able to do this and no other user on my network is experiencing this issue. Any ideas? TIA russ Russ Green <russ-NO@SPAM-openarch.co.uk> wrote: > I am using outlook with exchange and on my machine only I cannot drag > attachements from emails into explorer. I used to be able to do this > and no other user on my network is experiencing this issue. What happens when you try? What versions of Outlook and Exchange? -- Brian Tillman fixed it....ne...

Limit to the number of email recipients?
Hello, I just started a new job as a Technology Director, and I tried to send an email to everyone in the company. (~400 users) Upon sending, I received an email back from the System Administrator saying: The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be addressed in a single message. Send the message multiple times to fewer recipients. Does Exchange limit the number of names listed in the To: field? If so, where do I go to change this value? Thank you, Shane White http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q126497/ You'll also want to look on the Message Delivery Propertie...

Email encryption
Is anyone familar with a product or service that would encrypt outgoing CRM linked emails but still store the original email in CRM? We have a client with HIPAA requirements who needs this feature. "Rae Thousand" <RaeThousand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E51A5AB4-1654-4E27-9F6A-033A784385C7@microsoft.com... > Is anyone familar with a product or service that would encrypt outgoing > CRM > linked emails but still store the original email in CRM? We have a client > with HIPAA requirements who needs this feature. Can you go into what encryp...

Syntax to save ActiveCell to MyActiveCell then select later
Using 2003 Have been attempting to capture the range (or whatever I need) of an active cell to reselect later. I would like to perform the essence of the code below (but the syntax is not correct) Sub ReturnToOriginalActiveCell() Dim MyActiveCell As Range MyActiveCell = ActiveCell.?????????? [Other VBA Code] MyActiveCell.Select End Sub TIA Dennis Hi try sub foo() dim old_cell as range set old_cell = activecell 'your code old_cell.select end sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dennis wrote: > Using 2003 > > Have been attempting to capture the range (or wh...

Email Unkown
Using Outlook 2003, my laptop sent 3 emails yesterday with a file inserted, not attached. I did not send these emails. Some how or other, this file was sent as text in an email and sent out. I show them as sent in the sent folder, but have no earthly idea how this occurred. Does anyone have any suggestions for prior experience with this. Thanks. ...

Outlook as EMail Client
Hello, I'm trying to configure Outlook 97 as my email client. I've told Explorer to look for it as the default, but beyond that, I'm having trouble. Help articles I've run across say to go into "services" and add Microsoft Mail to the list of services. I guess from there, you set up some kind of profile. The problem is that "Microsoft Mail" doesn't show up anywhere, and my attempts to install it from the Windows XP disk proved fruitless. What do I need to do to get Outlook 97 to handle my email the way it did before I had to rebuild this laptop? T...

Ability to edit emails in Inbox
Hi for a demo I am preparing, I would like to be able to edit the emails sitting in my inbox - would like complete control - including From:, subject, date/time, and content of the email. Possible? If anyone knows of any plug-ins, tools, or hacks, please advise - your help is most appreciated. I need to do this for around 50+ emails so binary soutions involving hex editors probably won't work :) Thanks! PS Please cc: my email address maidak _at_ comcast _dot_ net Outlook doesn't support editing the date or from - you can edit the body and subject and probably can via code, but ...

Catagory email addresses copy
I previously posted a message asking how to export email addresses from a Category only. I was advised you can't do that using Windows Live Mail. I found a marginal workaround. You can start a new email, address it to that Category using To: but don't send it. Click the X in the upper right corner to close it and it will ask you if you want to save it. Choose Yes. I will save it in the Drafts folder. You can right click it there... choose Properties..Details.. and you'll see the list of addressees in the To: area. Click there, use Ctrl-A to highlight them all, ...

Selecting a Range
=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(O17:O2013)),0,(AVERAGE(O17:O2002))) I have this formula in a cell but I want to add a condition. I want it to average the data in question but only if: c17:c2000="sar" Whats the easiest way to insert that in there? This is an ARRAY formula that must be entered using ctrl+shift+enter AND the ranges must be the same size. Don't use 2000 in one 2002 in another and 2013 in a third =AVERAGE(IF(c17:c2000="sar",o17:o2000)) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "JimS" <jimx22@msn.com> wrote i...

how to find send button in microsoft outlook?
I can not find 'send' button in my Microsoft outlook 2003 You will need to setup your mail profile first. When you set it up correctly the Send button will magically appear -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Ripon" <Ripon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB731345-F71A-4798-9E62-C51D3145C619@microsoft.com... >I can not find 'send' button in my Microsoft outlook 2003 Ripon wrote: > I ca...