Selecting Addresses for a new mail message

When I start a new mail message I click on the "To" button to display my
contacts to select for the new message.  In screen that pops up when I select
the "to" shows email addresses and fax or business numbers.  Is there a way
to customize this screen where it will only show my contacts' email addresses
and not show their fax or business numbers?

Any suggestions or help is appreciated.
0
flwmims (1)

flwmims <flwmims@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> When I start a new mail message I click on the "To" button to display
> my contacts to select for the new message.  In screen that pops up
> when I select the "to" shows email addresses and fax or business
> numbers.  Is there a way to customize this screen where it will only
> show my contacts' email addresses and not show their fax or business
> numbers?
>
> Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

One of the most frequently asked and answered questions in these groups.
Search is your friend.  Here's one of the many times the answer has been
posted, from back in 2002:
<http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook.contacts/msg/7054be6a33479fda>
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
7/26/2006 7:03:31 PM
You cannot customize this screen, but you can excluse the faxes from the
list. To do it, you should add any text before fax number in the properties
of the contact. For example:

FAX: +1 234 5678901

After that Outlook will exclude this number from the list, but this number
will be accessible in the contact's properties.

You can do it manually or automatically by using "Hide Fax Numbers" from
MAPILab Toolbox (http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/toolbox/).

"flwmims" <flwmims@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I start a new mail message I click on the "To" button to display my
> contacts to select for the new message.  In screen that pops up when I
> select
> the "to" shows email addresses and fax or business numbers.  Is there a
> way
> to customize this screen where it will only show my contacts' email
> addresses
> and not show their fax or business numbers?
>
> Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

0
noemail256 (24)

No incoming mail Outlook client
I need some assistance as I am unable to get incoming mail. Can you help me get incoming mail to work - perhaps I have configured Outlook incorrectly? Please bear with me as I am just starting out with Active Directory/Exchange server/Outlook and this posting is long as I have given all the details of setup. Active Directory and Exchange was set up by someone else. Configuration ========== ISP: bigpond.com.au MX - mail exchange record points to my server Mail account: accounts Domain: vh.local Website: www.vh.com Server Windows 2003 service pack 1 Exchange Server Active Directory IP:...

Deleting e-mail
I am having trouble deleting my deleted e-mail. I just installed Nortin Anti Virus. That is when my problem started. Is there any connection or could you possible help me? Thanks Sandy Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to whatever e-mail client you're using (I see you're using Windows Mail to post to the newsgroup: is that what you're using for e-mail as well?) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele...

lookup link for customer address on account, case, address search
The way the address associations are handled today create tremendous gaps in the structure of CRM records compared to the structure of integrated backoffice financial systems records. What should be trivial integration tasks lead to a LOT of workarounds and customers frustration. Here is how we can improve. Abandon the idea of hardcoding first 2 address records on the account form. Add 2 address lookup fields on the account (relationships) that could be used to select any of the account addresses and expose them on the account form (still show individual address fields on the accoun...

E2k3 OWA
Users have begun reporting a problem - from OWA they cannot reveal the smtp address of messages they receive from other Exchange users that have their accounts hidden from the GAL. They are able to reply to the messages, but if you try to switch to a cc or bcc it fails. From other clients (Outlook, POP, IMAP) it works fine - they can see the SMTP address. Is there a solution to this, it's quite annoying? I suspect this has happened after the latest patches, but can't be certain. -GT I suspect this is happening because of the way OWA queries the GAL (other clients use LDA...

Run report on multi selected records.

Billing Address on Service Call Entry Screen
When in the service call entry screen, if you have selected a peice of equipment, which is covered under a support contract, the billing address changes to the billing address of the contract. However, if you subsequently remove the service call from being covered under the contract, the billing address should revert back to the billing address on firstly the service debtor extensions card, or the billing address on the debtor card. It currently does not. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote fo...

Outlook 2000 email address setup
Please - How do I give my Outlook 2000 an email adress? I am not able either to send or receive emails in this email program. Broadly; you need to set up mail account(s) using the info supplied by yr ISP If you have a functioning Outlook Express you can Import Account settings. "freefolios" <freefolios@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCDBB954-8EEC-4964-AD38-F8D6D92E755B@microsoft.com... > Please - > > How do I give my Outlook 2000 an email adress? > > I am not able either to send or receive emails in this email program. > See help, abo...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

Cannot load Shared libraries Office 2004 on new MacBook
I have just upgraded my laptop to a new Macbook. When i try to open any office app. (Word, excel, etc.) i get a 'cannot load MS office shared libraries' error message. I think i uninstalled the office trail before installing the full version. I can't remember. But either way i have uninstalled both, and have tried to re-install the Full version like 3 times. I have also repaired the permissions, and restarted. I have also downloaded the update and tried to install that, hoping that it would fix the problem, but it won't let me install it saying, 'installer could not locate...

Travelling e-mail
Hello all. Is there a way to set up Outlook, so I can read my e-mails from my server in the office, while I'away on the road? Thanks. Are you using Exchange? If yes, ask the admin if you have Outlook Web Access set up for reading mail via a browser. This will only work for mail on the Exchange server and not in personal folders. If you are not using Exchange, then you better hope you CAN'T access your mail on the server as that would mean that your server is wide open to outsiders. (Excluding VPN of course.) -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to k...

how do I use Microsoft Ooutlook with Yahoo Mail
I use Microsoft Outlook. How do I use Yahoo Mail with the M/O. I do all it says and I still cannot get it to work. Debby Townsend wrote: > I use Microsoft Outlook. How do I use Yahoo Mail with the M/O. I do > all it says and I still cannot get it to work. Unless you have a paid account , or use yahoo UK then you can't. Thank you Gordon. I live in Totola, British Virgin Islands so will need to go into Cable and Wireless to find out what the ISP address is. But how come you can use Outlook Express with an account like Hotmail? Thanks again Debby "Gordon" wrote: &g...

Outlook not receiving a particular message
I am having a problem with my Exchange server receiving e-mails from the NCAA and not being able to see them in Outlook. I have tried 2 different e-mail addresses on my Exchange server and the users get the messages delivered to their BlackBerry devices, but they never show up in Outlook. I have tried everything I can think of in Outlook and still can't get the messages to appear. Any help will be greatly appreciated. This is a long shot but have you tried turning off the Junk E-mail filter? <cliff.mcmanus@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138138436.405759.252750@g43g2000cwa.goog...

problem sending e-mail from web interface.
we can not send e-mail to customers form crm web interface any suggestion is appriciated. best regards. Timucin Devirmis timucind@mobitek.com The error message we get Error Description: An unexpected error occurred. Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP status: 403 Error Number: 0x80040216 Source File: D:\crm\Build\3297\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h Line Number: 47 Date: 11-12-2004 Time: 12:59:18 Type: Platform Error (2) Server: crm Query String: /Activities/Email/edit.aspx&pId={663CD6C1-FE11-48EB-B97D-5502A2FF20AC}&pType=1&pN...

Ungrouping Clip Art in Publisher New Problem
Using P2003 on XP I frequently break apart clip art to recolor or indicate diversity or take out unwanted elements. I do this both in Pub and PowerPoint and never have a problem. All of a sudden...in Publisher only, I ungroup an image, and it immediately declines in quality and gets these white lines around the individual parts and color quality fades. I do what I need to do and regroup but the original colors do not return and the quality is not restored. This does not happen when I use PowerPoint. Two weeks ago I did not have this problem but now I have it with every image I try to ch...

Select contact then hangs

Can't Create New Message Outlook 2000
I have a Windows 98 computer running Office 2000 Small Business Edition. Yesterday, mysteriously, it began misbehaving. When clicking on "New" to create a new mail message, you get an hour glass and then a "not responding." When clicking on other shortcuts other weird things happen, i.e. when you click on Tasks it goes to Notes, when you click on Calendar it crashes, when you click on Contacts, it goes to calendar. We have uninstalled Office and gone through the KB article 252566 to manually remove leftover files, but when we reinstall, the same thing happens. ...

money 2004: Overdue message on bill and deposits view
Hi All, I searched the user group, but found nothing. I am hoping that someone may be able to help me resolve this issue. In the Bill and Deposits view, when a bill is overdue an annoying overdue message is displayed under the bill entry. Is there any way to shut that overdue message off? Thx, Paul Pay the bill? Beyond that, no. "Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:025401c3bba4$0491f1d0$3101280a@phx.gbl... > I searched the user group, but found nothing. I am > hoping that someone may be able to help me resolve this > issue. ...

Selecting rows from various sheets

smtp address #3
-- Geoff Kidd ...

Edit Message option not available in Outlook
I recently received an email from a friend who had marked the email private and set importance to high. I replied to his message with no problem, my reply incorporating his original - and, it appears, keeping his security and importance settings, which didn't really matter to me. However, after sending my reply, I decided I wanted to edit it; and this is where I ran into problems. I double- click on the message in the list, then pick the Edit menu from the top of the screen . but the "edit message" option is not available. It is light gray and unpickable. This is maddeni...

How to find network TCP/IP device by its MAC address?
Hello, I have to develop a TCP/IP sensor configuration tool. In the general case, the sensor may have a wrong IP address (i.e. it doesn't match to the local adapter(s) network(s). How can I find it anyway, if I know its MAC address. I had the idea to fake the ARP cach of the local PC. If the local PC network to the sensor is e.g. 192.168.100, I tried the following in a DOS box: arp -s 192.168.100.5 <Sensor MAC Address> (Programmatically, you can do the equivalent with the IPHlpAPI) But this doesn't seem to work. Ping 192.168.100.5 doesn't get a response. So, even if the ...

problem with new mail icon in tray area
Hi all. I have installed outlook 2003, and the option to show an envelope in the tray icon work ONLY when the new mail arrive in my default folder (i.e. my inbox). I have a lot of rules and when a rule starts the message is moved, but i have NO ALERTS!!! (no desktop alert and no icon envelope...) it's terribly annoying!!! does anyone help me? Thanks, Stefano stefano ceccato <s.ceccato@kairospartners.com> wrote: > I have installed outlook 2003, and the option to show an envelope in > the tray icon work ONLY when the new mail arrive in my default folder > (i.e. m...

Test of Managed Email Address
Test of my Managed Group Email address I think I Posted as DDowningMO@discussions.microsoft.com if this is not what is showing up then I have something set wrong. DDowningmo -- HQ 2.0 / RMS 2.0 4 Lanes, 4 Back Office Server 2003 SP2 ------=_NextPart_0001_14D98E6D Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good afternoon, Thank you for posting this as a test; and it did show up as coming from a managed email address. If you have other posts that did not get a response, that you still need answers to, please re-post. Thank you in advance. Todd Berger Microsoft Onl...