Select Names Listing for Sending Emails to Contacts

My Outlook 2002 Contacts list is set up to show last
names first, and contacts are filed accordingly.
However, when I compose an email and try to Select Name,
the contacts are listed with first names first.  How can
I correct this so that contacts will be listed last name
first there, also?

Tools, e-mail accounts, view /modify address books - properties of outlook
address book - choose 'file as' and close.

Note - posting your valid e-mail address in a newsgroup post, or in your
news account settings, is a surefire way to get spam and SWEN and other
viruses sent to you....see http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm for help
in the future, but note that now that your address is out there, there's not
much you can do other than changing your address.

GreyWizard01wrote:
> My Outlook 2002 Contacts list is set up to show last
> names first, and contacts are filed accordingly.
> However, when I compose an email and try to Select Name,
> the contacts are listed with first names first.  How can
> I correct this so that contacts will be listed last name
> first there, also?

0
lanwench (7567)

I am missing email, not visible but being received
I recently upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook2003 and I successfully imported and transfered all my folder in Outlook2003. I removed all my info from Express. When I click Send/Receive the progress bar shows emails coming in but I cannot view them. They are not in any folder and I cant get them from the PST files. I am running WIndowsXP on a laptop, no server or anything fancy. Just a plain old Dell Inspiron 6000. In news:3B809559-E9D7-40F3-9027-15AE2983212D@microsoft.com, Brian <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I recently upgraded from Outlook Express to ...

Query-based list w/1 Exception
I've created a query based distribtuion list which works fine yet out of the 1000 or so mailboxes it gives me I'd like to exclude 10. Is there a way? (Basically I have checked only "Users with Exchange mailbox") Make those 10 recipients members of a distribution group, and add the following to the query: (&(your current query)(!memberOf=distinguished Name of the distribution group)) Alternatively, if there's a common value of a particular attribute like location/city/department, et al, use that to exclude them. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com ...

GDI is a "Top 50" Inc500 Listed Company...Are You Tired of Working Hard to Make Someone Else Rich?
Dear Friends, Are You Tired of Working Hard to Make Someone Else Rich? This Inc500 listed company is giving away money... This company is going to set me up for life and it can do the same for you. Read about how 1000's of real people worldwide who are building their own "Income for Life"=99 http://freedom.ws/helenmoonlight/show_dvd Watch the video until the end - make sure your speakers are on before you click http://www.website.ws/helenmoonlight I am confident that you will be impressed with what you see and hear. http://www.my.ws/helenmoonligh...

Outlook With Business Contact Manager #4
I am trying to set up Outlook to use the BCM using an E- mail Exchange Account, I can not find the Accounts option mention in the following link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=829748 The Workstation is a W2k SP4, Any comments on how to configure the BCM on a Exchange E- mail account is appreciated. Thanks in advance If you're using the classic view of Control Panel, run the Mail applet. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.a...

Why do I see two emails being sent instead of one?
If I have a single email in my outbox, then hit send/receive, I always see "sending 2 of 2 emails" in the bottom right corner. My sent box shows only 1 has been sent. I'm just puzzled about why it shows 2 being sent when there is only one. Thanks for any explanations or suggestions! I would suspect you have a stuck read receipt: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadreceipt.htm "mb" <mb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8777000A-5E25-4AED-97FE-F627E6932D62@microsoft.com... > If I have a single email in my outbox, t...

Run report on multi selected records.

Excel user name
A while ago there was a thread here asking about excel user names - cant find it now but id like to know how i can create a MSGBOX that ca use names - for example the macro reads the excel user name, vlookup short (nick) name, then gives a more personalised message. Can anyone help? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi msgbox application.username -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "LB79 >" <<LB79.1axkrc@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:LB79.1axkrc@excelforum-nospam.com... > A while ago there was a thread here askin...

Email to queue 12-22-05
We had 2 queues in 1.2 which worked great for receiving external support requests. For some reason, these no longer work since the upgrade to 3.0. Is there a different procedure for queues in 3.0? I can't seem to find the answer in the documentation anywhere, nor in a search through the newsgroups. Thank you Neil We are having the same problem. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? The setup process for Email to queue in v3.0 has changed from v1.2. The current v3.0 Implementation Guide for setting this up needs to be updated. So here are our notes for now until it get...

how do i make square bullets for a check off list.
Format - Bullets and numbering -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "howard" <howard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CA667D1-A518-44C5-A644-EAE6EADC37F8@microsoft.com... > ...

deleting email in outbox
I tried to send video clip via email and it went to my outbox to send because of large file size and it wont send. I also can't delete it. All other emails I try to send go to my outbox. Help! Thanks... See if the info here helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm "mr_networking" <mr_networking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5C69F3C-D128-454F-BA97-115ACB67DC55@microsoft.com... >I tried to send video clip via email and it went to my outbox to send >because > of large file size and it wont send. I also can't delete...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

problem sending e-mail from web interface.
we can not send e-mail to customers form crm web interface any suggestion is appriciated. best regards. Timucin Devirmis timucind@mobitek.com The error message we get Error Description: An unexpected error occurred. Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP status: 403 Error Number: 0x80040216 Source File: D:\crm\Build\3297\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h Line Number: 47 Date: 11-12-2004 Time: 12:59:18 Type: Platform Error (2) Server: crm Query String: /Activities/Email/edit.aspx&pId={663CD6C1-FE11-48EB-B97D-5502A2FF20AC}&pType=1&pN...

Forward all OUTGOING email
My company recent purchased a Ricoh eCabinet. The way this device captures and archives email is by sending a copy of the email to the users account on the ecabinet. The address would be something like username@ecabinet.domain (ie...in an orgainization called autoforward.org user tjones, the address would be tjones@ecabinet.autoforward.org) I know that rules can be set up on the Outlook client side, but I would prefer if I could set up something administratively. This would avoid having to set up the rule on each machine, and would allow me as the admin more control. So barring the...

Select contact then hangs

deleted emails 02-15-10
All emails in my Outlook Express inbox have been deleted, any idea how these can be restored? "Suzi Wong" <Suzi Wong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2405E04-E00C-40EB-B3D2-47D5CFFD3C46@microsoft.com... > All emails in my Outlook Express inbox have been deleted, any idea how these > can be restored? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. This one's for Office Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

can't send from second email domain
Hi, I've setup the exchange 2003 server to handle email from domain1.com. You can reach our people also via domain2.com. This works fine. But now i want to be able to decide if i send an email from person@domain1.com or from person@domain2.com . Within outlook i turned on the from row, but when i type in person@domain2.com it comes back with the message: "You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator." I've added domain1 and domain2 to the mail addresses of person, but it still didn't work. Please advise. Ki...

named excel lists
I'm somewhat of a newbie, so I may not be asking this question with the correct terminology. I'd like to define a name and attach it to the range of an "excel (2003) list". If I add a new row or column to the "excel list", then the range is suitable extended. How? Try Debra Dalgleish's nice coverage of Dynamic Ranges at: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic Look for "Create a Dynamic Range" -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "hidden" <hidden123456@hotmail.com...

Selecting rows from various sheets

Auto-fill Price List and Unit of Measure? 07-02-04
Does anyone know how to automatically fill the Price List field when a customer is selected for Quote or Order with the Customer's default price list? Same question for default Unit of Measure when a product is selected? michael@engcc.com If you create the Quote/Order within the Account/Contact that has a Price List associated, then it will default it. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com San Francisco, CA >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how to automatically fill the Price List >field when a customer is selected for Quote or Order with >th...

Category Name Mods at Runtime
Creating a template to use with basic chart but when certain Xaxis labels contain specific values that might show in certain data sets, I'd like to either change the font color or use the interior colorindex property. In other words, a 1 b 2 c 3 But when the category values are displayed - I'd like the letter b to be in blue. I'm already scanning the data and modifying the color of the datalabel font and the correlated bar chart but wanted to also change the category label. Thanks in advance... Any chance this property is available? You can't format axis la...

Field list not showing up
Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic table verbiage, but no field list. Any thoughts? Actually when I go to fullpage view I can get the field list, but in normal view cannot get the field list to appear. driving me nuts. "JeffVA" wrote: > Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I > select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic > table verbiage, but no field list. > > Any thoughts? ...

How do I change the elements displayed in the message list
How do I change the elements displayed in the message list. For example, to list "To" or "From" edit the view - to change just one folder, click on the row of field names and choose custom. To make all folders the same see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

select text in Calendar