select name box freezes Outlook

Outlook 2002 sp2  XP Pro
When I click the To: button, the select names window
opens.  I cannot select any names as Outlook freezes
completely.  I have to close the entire program through
Ctl Alt Del.  I used the cd to do a fix and repair, but it
did not fix or repair the problem.  Any solutions or
suggestions are appreciated.

Jerry

0
anonymous (74739)

Run report on multi selected records.

Outlook With Business Contact Manager #4
I am trying to set up Outlook to use the BCM using an E- mail Exchange Account, I can not find the Accounts option mention in the following link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=829748 The Workstation is a W2k SP4, Any comments on how to configure the BCM on a Exchange E- mail account is appreciated. Thanks in advance If you're using the classic view of Control Panel, run the Mail applet. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.a...

Excel user name
A while ago there was a thread here asking about excel user names - cant find it now but id like to know how i can create a MSGBOX that ca use names - for example the macro reads the excel user name, vlookup short (nick) name, then gives a more personalised message. Can anyone help? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi msgbox application.username -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "LB79 >" <<LB79.1axkrc@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:LB79.1axkrc@excelforum-nospam.com... > A while ago there was a thread here askin...

filter in combo box
I am trying to filter information from one combo box to display into another combo box. The first displays the fields Element, Reference The second Sub-Element, Reference Whatever element the user selects in the first combo box i need the second one to only display the sub-elements with the same reference. Can I do this??? Any help appreciated "Nathan" <Nathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E93D40DA-F262-4C50-A8C6-131292CEA3D5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to filter information from one combo box to display into >another > combo box. > Th...

Send/Receive while outlook closed?
I have this code to send email using Excel macro, it works fine abut the message stays in outbox until i open outlook then it sends it. how i can send receive even if outlook closed? any help? thanks! Sub ComposeMail(strto As String, strSubject As String, strbody As String, strAttachment As String) Dim objOL As Outlook.Application Dim objX As Outlook.MailItem Set objOL = New Outlook.Application Set objX = objOL.CreateItem(olMailItem) With objX .To = strto .Subject = strSubject .Body = strbody If strAttachment <> ...

Check boxes to text 05-10-10
Is there any way to take information from check boxes that were selected and turn it in to text? I want to have multiple checkboxes to select, and add those selected values to the destription line. ex. checkboxes: red, blue, green Once you have selected, it would add to the header: "Order for lables: red, green" It is not clear what you are trying to do. A check box is simply that - a box which can be checked. If you want to insert some text based upon whether a check box in a protected form is checked, then see http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm -- <>...

Outlook 2002 and synchronization
I am troubleshooting a laptop running Windows xp and Outlook 2002. The problem is this: States that when he works offline, Outlook is not showing his emails. He has a new laptop and everything works fine except Outlook. I captured his laptop and when going to the file menu there is no option to work offline. I looked on MS's website and then outlook help. We went into Tools, email accounts, into change for ms exchange...advanced and then disable offline folders...enabled offline folders and then created a new ost file...log out of outlook and it is still not synchronizing. ...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

Outlook 2003 won't open
Tried to open outlook 2003 as usual, but it won't open - giving an error message that the folders are not accessible. I've tried installing updates, and rebooting. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall Outlook? PS: Other MS Office functions like Word etc are working fine. Folders not accessible means that your .PST file can't be opened. I would use the mail applet in the control panel to define a new .PST file, set this new .PST file as your default delivery location, and remove the old .PST file from the profile. Outlook should start at this time and give you ...

Outlook not receiving a particular message
I am having a problem with my Exchange server receiving e-mails from the NCAA and not being able to see them in Outlook. I have tried 2 different e-mail addresses on my Exchange server and the users get the messages delivered to their BlackBerry devices, but they never show up in Outlook. I have tried everything I can think of in Outlook and still can't get the messages to appear. Any help will be greatly appreciated. This is a long shot but have you tried turning off the Junk E-mail filter? <cliff.mcmanus@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138138436.405759.252750@g43g2000cwa.goog...

Need Outlook Calendar ONLY
I am using 2002 Outlook, but ONLY for the calendar, only user on desktop, no internet cocnnectivity required. In order to upgrade, I would have to purchase the the whole Outlook program afaik --- is there a cheaper way to obtain the calendar portion of Outlook? I have tried using the google and hotmail calendars, I prefer Outlook. tia No cheaper way, the calendar is an intrinsical part of the whole program <shel123@DELETETHISjuno.com> wrote in message news:iuaj85dbkiq2doul48n2pku7jg78kiuc5i@4ax.com... >I am using 2002 Outlook, but ONLY for the calendar, only user on > desktop, n...

Can't Create New Message Outlook 2000
I have a Windows 98 computer running Office 2000 Small Business Edition. Yesterday, mysteriously, it began misbehaving. When clicking on "New" to create a new mail message, you get an hour glass and then a "not responding." When clicking on other shortcuts other weird things happen, i.e. when you click on Tasks it goes to Notes, when you click on Calendar it crashes, when you click on Contacts, it goes to calendar. We have uninstalled Office and gone through the KB article 252566 to manually remove leftover files, but when we reinstall, the same thing happens. ...

Select contact then hangs

named excel lists
I'm somewhat of a newbie, so I may not be asking this question with the correct terminology. I'd like to define a name and attach it to the range of an "excel (2003) list". If I add a new row or column to the "excel list", then the range is suitable extended. How? Try Debra Dalgleish's nice coverage of Dynamic Ranges at: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic Look for "Create a Dynamic Range" -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "hidden" <hidden123456@hotmail.com...

Help: Outlook menus dissapear.
Help! I'm running MS Outlook 2003, part of Office 2003 pro, and every once and a while, my Menus disappear - the application is running fine, but there is no menu bar. Doesn't seem to be any rime or reason why. Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to resolve. Thanks. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond with Outlook closed, try deleting outcmd.dat and restart Outlook. "Dab" <yourheaddabuckto@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u1sljbmJEHA.3016@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Help! > > I'm running MS Outlook 2003, part of Office 2003 pro, and every once...

Outlook Web Access Eroor?
This is the message I receive when sending a message from OWA with Exchange 5.5. I can send from the workstation just fine, but as soon as I try from Web Access, I get this error. Any suggestions. > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. > > To: 'keith@test.com' > Subject: TEST OWA > Sent: 3/10/2005 4:00:28 PM > > The following recipient(s) could not be reached: > > 'keith@test.com' on 3/10/2005 4:00 PM > > The recipient name is not recognized > The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Test &g...

numbering text boxes?
Is there a way to number text boxes in a document? I'm trying to create coupons that I can number, putting 3 to a page, so I'd need to number the text boxes rather than the pages. Mail merge... Setup a data base list with numbers. Lots of help here Mail merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH010504371033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D77331E-3B4A-47B4-BC9B-50FA4E883555@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to nu...

Outlook 2003 with POP
I have my Outlook configured with my POP3 account. I can't find where I set the "automatically add addresses of messages I reply to, to my contacts." Help, please. There is no such setting. See http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm for various ways to save senders or recipients as new contacts automatically, depending on your version and configuration of Outlook. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx <Paul> wr...

Check boxes 11-27-07
Hi! I have in main form two check boxes. OI would like when If Checkbox1 = Yes Then Checkbox2 = No else Checkbox2 = Yes Then Checkbox1 = No end if Thanks in advance. an Use an option group, it will take care of all that for you. "an" wrote: > Hi! > > I have in main form two check boxes. > OI would like when > > If Checkbox1 = Yes Then > Checkbox2 = No > else > Checkbox2 = Yes Then > Checkbox1 = No > end if > > Thanks in advance. > an > You can easily do that but the effect is the same as if you have a single...

Category Name Mods at Runtime
Creating a template to use with basic chart but when certain Xaxis labels contain specific values that might show in certain data sets, I'd like to either change the font color or use the interior colorindex property. In other words, a 1 b 2 c 3 But when the category values are displayed - I'd like the letter b to be in blue. I'm already scanning the data and modifying the color of the datalabel font and the correlated bar chart but wanted to also change the category label. Thanks in advance... Any chance this property is available? You can't format axis la...

Nudging Text Boxes in a Chart
Has anyone found a way to "nudge" data labels in a PPT chart? I know I can move them by clicking and dragging but when I try to use the arrow keys (as I do for objects) the cursor tabs to other areas in the chart. And when clicking and dragging the labels they seem to snap to a grid and I have very limited control over them. Thanks for any insights!! -- Trisha H No one has to "find a way", there are already several standard ways to accomplish that. :o) Turn off the "Snap Objects to Grid" (in 2003 View, Grid and Guides) or in that same loca...

Selecting rows from various sheets

Outlook auto-complete
How does one get the addresses out of OUTLOOK's autocomplete directory. I know they are in there.... -- Coast-To-Coast is the world''s leading self-storage consultancy firm. Please call me tollfree 877 622-5508 ext 81! ...