select name box freezes Outlook

Outlook 2002 sp2  XP Pro
When I click the To: button, the select names window
opens.  I cannot select any names as Outlook freezes
completely.  I have to close the entire program through
Ctl Alt Del.  I used the cd to do a fix and repair, but it
did not fix or repair the problem.  Any solutions or
suggestions are appreciated.

Jerry

0
anonymous (74721)

Cell Selection
In Excel 2007 I am trying to select a number of adjacent columns. As cells in a number of rows crossing these columns are merged across more cloumns than I would like to select, Excel is selecting all the columns which are cut across by the merged cells. This did not happen in Excel 2003, I used to select whatever rows or columns I needed. How can I do so in 2007? Excel Help does not seem to be so helpful in this respect. I have found the solution: Double click the first column header Shift Double click the last column header "Paul" wrote: > In Excel 2007 I am ...

Outlook 2003
When adding a follow-up flag to a message in Outlook 2003, you can choose to mark the message with a number of default choices such as: * Call * Do not Forward * For Your Information * Etc. Additionally, you can key in any user-defined text in this field on a message-by-message basis, but I have not found a way to add user-defined choices to the drop-down list so that I do not have to key in the same text over and over again. Question - does anyone know of a way to add additional choices to the list of available follow-up flags? There is no way to do that.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Out...

result given from content of selected cells.
is there any way to give a result in one cell from the content of other selected cells. scenario: i am trying to create a spreadsheet to work out my current grades for college. what i am wanting to do is create a function that takes the value from a selection of cells (ex. B1:B7) and give a result if the content match a given criteria. i am looking for something along along the lines of; cells B1:B7 = x then show result value 1. cells B1:B11 = x then show result value 2. cells B1:B13 = x then show result 3. (best i can say it as) my initial through was the IF statement but...

Outlook help #3
Hello All! I need your help on something..I keep getting this error code and I don't have a virus and I have done all the updates necessary for Office, so what can I do now? I don't have the installation diskette, so I am not sure what to do at this point. Here are the messages I get.they are both the same except the titles change on them: "dw.exe-bad image Or outlook.EXE-bad image The application or DLL C:\Windows\System 32\imm.32.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." This usually happens when I am in Outlook ...

Insert Picture from dropdown selection
I'm working at a Marina and trying to make a comparison chart for different types of boats. I am trying to make a list, and based upon the users selection of a boat, insert a corresponding picture to match the boat selected from that list. I've researched other thread discussions, and tried to approach it this way, as reccommended by Ron Coderre: Select Sheet2 and turn off Grid Lines (Tools>Options>View tab:Uncheck Grid Lines) 1)For each picture to be displayed: 1a. Insert>Picture from file. (select picture, put it in the sheet and resize it). 1b. Select the range of cel...

How do I get XP to understand that I have gone back to Outlook Express as my current email application
When I installed Outlook 97 in my XP Home system, it wouldn't deliver or receive mail, saying, "No Transport Provider". Outlook Express was working fine, with the settings for account name, pw, POP3, server, SMTP server, already put in. I just wanted some of the additional features that come with Outlook97. When I tried to add a "Service", however, it seemed to only accept the Microsoft Mail Postoffice as the source/destination for email. There seemed to be no way to tell it to use an SMTP/POP protocol service. So I tried installing IMEP, and SR1 and SR2 as su...

Changing Investment Names
Does anyone know how to change an Investment name throughout an account with one process? Like find and replace. Investments are like Payees or Categories or Accounts. They have Details pages. R-click on a transaction in that investment. Select the choice that goes to the investment details. Rename it. "Bobd7912" <Bobd7912@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D8DC33A-74F7-45F0-AEE3-99F8F66E3185@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to change an Investment name throughout an account with > one process? Like find and replace. Thanks! "Dick Watson&...

Check boxes on querys
i have a query about search for if a check box is ticked or not on a query. On one database if the box is ticked it is shown as -1 when i do a search, which is great as i can just search for those with -1 in it. However we have another database designed by someone else where in the search it is just showing as a box with a tick on it, -1 doesnt work, Is Null, Is Not Null doesnt work, does anyone know how to define the criteria on this checkbox that it picks up just those that are ticked/or not ticked? Many thanks Cathy, I am surprised that using -1 in the criteria doesn't work. I...

Selecting Refedit value
Hi. I am using refedits and am selecting a range of cells...i.e. more than one cells. If I select a single cell then I can get the refedit value from the Range (Reedit1) or Range(RefEdit1).Cells(1).Value or RefEdit1.Value. I got this help from this user group itself. Now my criteria is changed and now i want to select values say for e.g. from $BO$304:$BQ$304. How can I extract the values into a variable???? Can it be done. thanks a lot Monika Monika, You can set a range or refer to a range according to the refedit value e.g. Dim rngInput as Range set rngInput = Range(Refedit1.Value)...

MAPI gone in Outlook 2007?
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2007 B2TR and have found that I can no longer code against MAPI.DLL It's gone :( Using C#, I used to get the MAPI session, and from that I could change the out of office. No longer. Does anyone know how to do this using the new Microsoft.Office.Core and Microsoft.Office.Outlook DLL's that are supposed to be the new replacements? Here's what I had that worked until Outlook 2007 came around: SessionClass session = new MAPI.SessionClass(); session.Logon(Missing.Value,Missing.Value,Missing.Value,Missing.Value,Missing.Value,Missing.Value,servertxt.Te...

Named Cell Ranges
If a range of cells (A1:B5) in worksheet #2 is given a name, and a cell A1 in worksheet #1 equals cell A3 in worksheet #2, does that mean that the single cell in worksheet #1 is automatically linked (or tied to) the named range in worksheet #2? Not automatically no, the name is just a 'handle' to the rage that it refers to. -- HTH RP "Confused" <Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B08A5ADC-76DD-434D-BB3D-CF6307AC7700@microsoft.com... > If a range of cells (A1:B5) in worksheet #2 is given a name, and a cell A1 > in worksheet #1 equa...

Help! Outlook email issue..
In our office we use Outlook 2003 on a LAN. For some reason, three of our outlook programs will not retain a password and none of us have been able to receive email for days. I'm stumped, I cannot figure this one out. We are heavily dependant on email and Outlook for our cases. Help! I've not seen an error message, and our servers are just fine. Hi - I see several posting out here now similar to yours and to the one I posted this morning - this has to be a bug in Outlook 2003. Her is the gist of my similar issue, and note that it contains some info I have found on...

Outlook Web Access and SSL
After I have setup OWA with SSL, and my users are successfully accessing their mail from https://owa.mydomain.com, do I still need to be concerned that after ending their session at a public kiosk a copy of the users messages will still be retained within the Temporary Internet Files folder? I assume that anyone accessing the Temporary Internet Files folder would not be able to view or reconstruct any of the .asp pages themselves (though with what I have heard the Google Desktop Search has been able to pull up makes me question even this), but any attachments opened would still be cached loca...

Workbook name as variable to another workbook
Hi, Can you save a specific workbook name as a variable, to be used in a different macro? i need the variable to be saved and available to return to the specific workbook open if i have a lot of books open to complete the task. Regards, nigel Option Explicit Dim myWkbkName As String Sub runmefirst() myWkbkName = ThisWorkbook.Name End Sub Sub runmesecond() MsgBox myWkbkName End Sub If you execute runmefirst first, then runmesecond, you'll see that myWkbkname is available in the second. If you need to put the routines in different modules, declare myWkbkName as Public: Publ...

Outlook 2002 synchronization with Exchange 5.5 SP4
I have Outlook 2002 offline file synchronization configured on a laptop with XP sp1 and Office XP sp2. When I either exit outlook or choose send/receive all when locally connected to the exchange server, I received the following.... 15:01:24 Error synchronizing folder 15:01:24 [80004005-501-50A-550] 15:01:24 The client operation failed. 15:01:24 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 15:01:24 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 15:01:24 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_u s.asp?err=80004005-501-50a-550 Examining the enti...

Import excel but selected column for selected table
I want to import excel to access but I want selected column to appear in selected table. For example i want to be able to specify column 1,2,3 to load in table 1 and column 4,5,8 to appear in table 2.. May i know the way please? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200705/1 May I know the way please? Trever B wrote: >Suggestion, > >Import to a temp table > >Run 2 append queries appending the data to the files you want > >Trev > >> I want to import excel to access but I want selected column to ...

Remove Group Box border lines (without using macro)?
Is there a non-macro solution to removing the Group Box border lines? If not, a macro solution would also be appreciated, but as it is going into a multi-user form, I don't want to scare the users with macro warnings. ;) Thank you! -Meghan I don't think you can do this except via a macro. But you could run the macro to hide those borders and release the workbook with no macros. In fact, you don't even need a macro--just just need the code. Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE hit ctrl-G to see the immediate window type this in and hit enter: activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false ...

is there a way to see if networked Outlook mail has been opened?
we just switched to MS Outlook on our network from Groupwise. Groupwise allowed senders to see if and when their email was opened within the network. Is this feature available in Outlook? You can add a read receipt to the item and you may get a response when the item is opened. However users can also deny the return of a receipt. "compactcrank" <compactcrank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A838D3AF-14D8-4F0D-B7F2-40B25F9D1D4A@microsoft.com... > we just switched to MS Outlook on our network from Groupwise. Groupwise > allowed senders to see if and...

inserting text from a combo box to a text box
Hi - I have a forms control combo box with several different choices. I would like what ever is selected from the combo box to be inserted with a certain font and size into a text box on the same sheet. Can anybody offer some help - thanks much - Jim A On May 20, 7:17=A0am, Jim A <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi - I have a forms control combo box with several different choices. =A0= I > would like what ever is selected from the combo box to be inserted with a > certain font and size into a text box on the same sheet. =A0Can anybody o= ffer > some help - than...

select with subquery in select clause
Hi I need to make a select from 2 tables whit this layout always with the newest datetime exchange currency. The local cuurency is Mexican Pesos Table 1 Currencies example: CurrencyID Key Description 1 USD USA Dollar 2 EUR European Euro 3 Yen Japan Yen Tabla 2 is Day exchange Currency CurrencyID Equivalent DateTime 1 12.50 2010-08-07 08:00:00 1 12.55 2010-08-07 08:10:00 1 12.49 2010-08-07 08:20:00 1 12.60 2010-08-07 08:30:00 1 12.51 2010-08-07 08:40:00 1 12.52 2010-08-07 08:50:00 1 12.48 2010-08-07 09:00:00 1 12.61 2010-08-07 09:10:00 <-- the newest xchange for USD 2...

Exchange 2003 + Outlook, adding disclamier message
Hi all, As following KB317680 "How to add a disclaimer to outgoing SMTP messages in Visual Basic script". I noted that from the end of the KB: Note If you use a MAPI client such as Microsoft Outlook to send the e-mail, the recipient does not receive a modified message. This is because messages submitted using MAPI are not in SMTP format when the e-mail triggers the SMTP transport event. Therefore, changes that are made by the event's code are not persisted. What should i do if my site is using Microsoft Outlook to send and receive email, how to add the disclamier message? Pl...

Outlook 2007
When sending emails, I sometimes have to change the "From" name from myself to "ABC Coordinator". Since getting Office 2007, when I do this, the name appears as "Betsy on behalf of ABC Coordinator" I just want the "From" to read "ABC Coordinator" without my name at all. I'm sure it's just some setting that I am overlooking. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Betsy wrote: > When sending emails, I sometimes have to change the "From" name from myself > to "ABC Coordinator". Since getting...

outlook Notification #4
I have just installed Office 2003. To specify the duration or transparency of the alert, click Desktop Alert Settings, and then select the options you want. but the max is 30 sec! is there a way to set notification to show for unlimited time. lets say u go to a meeting and when you come back you want to know that u have new mail without having to check your in box. there must be a way! in old versions of outlook there was an icon that would appear in the system tray! please help Thanks "Darryl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<01d101c48b9...

Screen Name
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop I have several e-mail accounts for personal and business. In 2004, the screen name used to appear at the top of the e-mail window so I knew which account I was in. Is there a way to have 2008 do this? On 2/12/10 1:23 PM, in article 59bb2bce.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Julie_Kendrick@officeformac.com" <Julie_Kendrick@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have several e-mail accounts for personal and business. In 2004, the screen > name used to appear at the top of the e-mail...

Changing the name in the from field
I have set up a distribution list and would like to have just the name of my orgination to show in the From field when items are sent out and not my personal name and e-mail address. Is there a way to do this? Thanks Allen Thanks Tom, but I do not see what your asking me to look for. I'm using Outlook XP and when I look in the e-mail accounts (I think that's what your asking me to do) I find no 'General tab', no 'Properties' for my mail profile. So I'm still at a loss at what to do. I do want to than you for your help. "Tom - www.tditcorp.com" wr...