seek better email replacement of Outlook

We operate a small California business and email is our life line, essential
to communicate to customers, clients, and suppliers.

We use Microsoft Windows XP Professional and Outlook 2002. We seek a better
pop3 email solution. Which program do you recommend and why?

Thank you very much.

Before we answer this, I think you have to advise what is
wrong with Outlook 2002, I personally use Outlook 2003 and
love it.
It's like anything thought, there are a "few" things I'd
like to change, but it's not the end of the world, know
what I mean?

0
anonymous (74721)
8/9/2004 6:08:27 PM
ayoung <young98-nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:

> We use Microsoft Windows XP Professional and Outlook 2002. We seek a
> better pop3 email solution. Which program do you recommend and why?

What does Outlook 2002 not do that you wish it would?  What functions of
Outlook not involving mail would you like to keep?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
8/9/2004 6:46:46 PM
Like everyone has said, you need to determine what you
need that Outlook doesn't provide. All POP3 e-mail
clients do essentially the same thing: send and receive e-
mail messages. Outlook has ways to handle those messages
after they have been sent or received (filters, rules,
etc.)

If you are looking for an auto-responder solution, there
are several on the market that you can investigate (web
search: auto-responder).

If you are looking for a complete CRM solution, then
again you need to investigate applications with those
characteristics. Business Contact Manager for OL is one
such solution, but there are many more sophisticated
platforms out there (ACT!, Goldmine, etc.) which
incorporate their own e-mail clients.

Cheers,
Bill Harding

0
anonymous (74721)
8/9/2004 9:56:59 PM
We do not know what is are good email choices and what to select from. Our
staff sure complain alot.

We do not know what to select because we have not used other email systems.
We want understand if we can better our email program before we hire more
staff and train them in the near future. That is why I post this inquiry to
solicit expert advises.

1.In Outlook 2002, it toke us months to set up the email account. I think
its
still not working correctly because the outgoing and incoming has to be in
different account names.
2.We do not know how to filter spam, such as detect  the word mortgage.
3.All the incoming mails are lumped into "inbox".
4.Doesn't incoming mail know how to go directly into incoming email
address's
folder?
5.Doesn't sent mail know how to go directly into Send item email address's
folder?
6.We never able to get the new message font correctly. It only use the
international fonts even it was not selected.
7.The spelling check is poor and lack of thesaurus.
8.From the backup (export to pst file) its impossible to retrieve just one
letter.
Just to name a few.

> ayoung <young98-nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > We use Microsoft Windows XP Professional and Outlook 2002. We seek a
> > better pop3 email solution. Which program do you recommend and why?
>
> What does Outlook 2002 not do that you wish it would?  What functions of
> Outlook not involving mail would you like to keep?
> --
> Brian Tillman

Also, the Outlook printing is very primitive.
Outlook does not allow draft letter printing.
It does not allow select page printing.
It does not allow messages printed with specific or alternate headers.

In email account editing, Outlook does not allow copy and paste.

In contact address, we still does not figure how the last name, or company
name, is sorted in its list. Difficult to make copy of multiple company
address person. Still do not know how to group a department.

Just to list a few more from our staff.

It sounds like your staff needs training on some Outlook features, such as
Rules Wizard. Comments inline.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"ayoung" <young98-nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> We do not know what is are good email choices and what to select from. Our
> staff sure complain alot.
>
> We do not know what to select because we have not used other email
systems.
> We want understand if we can better our email program before we hire more
> staff and train them in the near future. That is why I post this inquiry
> solicit expert advises.
>
> 1.In Outlook 2002, it toke us months to set up the email account. I think
> its
> still not working correctly because the outgoing and incoming has to be in
> different account names.

If you have the correct information from the mail server administrator, it
shouldn't take months, and you'd have the same difficulty in any other mail
program, I suspect. Outlook is very flexible in the different types of mail
accounts and configurations it can handle; Outlook 2003 even more so.

> 2.We do not know how to filter spam, such as detect  the word mortgage.

You can use a Rules Wizard rule to detect all messages containing a specific
word. But a better approach would be to use an actual spam program, such as
those listed at http://www.slipstick.com/rules/junkmail.htm#tools, some of
them free.

> 3.All the incoming mails are lumped into "inbox".

Again, you can use Rules Wizard to file incoming messages in other folders.

> 4.Doesn't incoming mail know how to go directly into incoming email
> address's
> folder?

Again, you can use Rules Wizard to file incoming messages in other folders.

> 5.Doesn't sent mail know how to go directly into Send item email address's
> folder?

You can use Rules Wizard to file outgoing messages in other folders. If you
don't want anything to appear in Sent Items, you can turn off filing to Sent
Items in Tools | Options.

> 6.We never able to get the new message font correctly. It only use the
> international fonts even it was not selected.

I can't tell what the problem is based on your description, but you can set
the prefered encoding under Tools | Options | Mail Format | Internet
Options.

> 7.The spelling check is poor and lack of thesaurus.

Use WordMail for full spell check and thesaurus.

> 8.From the backup (export to pst file) its impossible to retrieve just one
> letter.

Open the .pst file with File | Open | Outlook Data File, then browse to the
folder where your message was stored. There are also backup/archive programs
that can save Outlook items as individual files, if you prefer.

0
suemvp (4038)
8/11/2004 12:35:16 PM
Printing is definitely one of Outlook's weak spots, but your problem
descriptions are a little vague. Comments inline.

--

> Also, the Outlook printing is very primitive.
> Outlook does not allow draft letter printing.

I don't know what you mean by that.

> It does not allow select page printing.

The option varies with the mail format, BTW.

> It does not allow messages printed with specific or alternate headers.

I don't know what you mean by that.

> In email account editing, Outlook does not allow copy and paste.

I've never had a problem copying and pasting in text boxes in the email
account dialog.

> In contact address, we still does not figure how the last name, or company
> name, is sorted in its list.

What list are you referring to?

> Difficult to make copy of multiple company
> address person.

You have the Action | New Contact from Same Company command, as well as the
ability to make a complete copy of any contact.

> Still do not know how to group a department.

Group is available in table views: View | Current View | Customize Current
View | Group By.

0
suemvp (4038)
8/11/2004 12:38:12 PM
ayoung <young98-nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:

> We do not know what is are good email choices and what to select
> from. Our staff sure complain alot.

That's not where you start.  You start by deciding what features you want
your mail system to support and then you present these features to the
vendors of the various Email programs to see how well they match.  Surveying
mail programs without knowing what you want is a complete waste of time.

> We do not know what to select because we have not used other email
> systems. We want understand if we can better our email program before
> we hire more staff and train them in the near future. That is why I
> post this inquiry to solicit expert advises.

Again, you would do well to decide what features your mail system should
have before investigating mail offerings.

> 1.In Outlook 2002, it toke us months to set up the email account. I
> think its
> still not working correctly because the outgoing and incoming has to
> be in different account names.

It takes most people about ten or fifteen minutes to set up a mail account.

> 2.We do not know how to filter spam, such as detect  the word
> mortgage.

Outlook's built-in SPAM filter (which you cannot modifiy) and Rules (which
you can) are one way.  A third-party tool like MAILsweeper
(www.mailsweeper.com) or SpamBayes (spambayes.sourceforge.net) is another
way.

> 3.All the incoming mails are lumped into "inbox".

Yes.  Why would you expect otherwise?  If you want to move them elsewhere,
you create rules to do so.

> 4.Doesn't incoming mail know how to go directly into incoming email
> address's
> folder?

I know of no mail client that will automatically file incoming messages into
separate folders without the user first training it to do so.

> 5.Doesn't sent mail know how to go directly into Send item email
> address's folder?

If you want sent messages to go into specific folders, then use rules or
enable the option to file replies with the original message.

> 6.We never able to get the new message font correctly. It only use the
> international fonts even it was not selected.

Tools>Options>Mail Format>International Options.

> 7.The spelling check is poor and lack of thesaurus.

While I haven't found the spell check to be poor, I simply don't use a
thesaurus function, since I don't use Word as my mail editor.  If I wish to
use a Thesaurus, I use one I have on my bookshelf or I use Merriam-Webster's
web site (www.m-w.com).

> 8.From the backup (export to pst file) its impossible to retrieve
> just one letter.

No, it's not.  You open the backup PST, open the folder where the message is
and reference it.  You can also drag individual messages out of and into
Outlook from the file system, where they're stored as .MSG files.

> Also, the Outlook printing is very primitive.
> Outlook does not allow draft letter printing.
> It does not allow select page printing.

No argument there, although some of these features do change with the format
of the message.  HTML messages, for example, allow more control over the
printing.

> It does not allow messages printed with specific or alternate headers.

I don't know what you mean by "specific or alternate headers".  Do you mean
something like the headers and footers that a Word document allows you to
specify?

> In email account editing, Outlook does not allow copy and paste.

Certainly does.

> In contact address, we still does not figure how the last name, or
> company name, is sorted in its list.

Alphabetically.

> Difficult to make copy of
> multiple company address person.

I don't know what you mean by a "multiple company address person".  Do you
mean someone who has more than one Email address?  If so, you can have up to
three different Email addresses for each contact.

> Still do not know how to group a
> department.

In what folder?  If in Contacts, you can use Categories for that or you can
add the Department to the Department field on the Contact's Details tab.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
8/11/2004 2:35:25 PM
I would like to make a presentation to our department on what are email
programs that are available for Windows XP and compare the email programs.

Is there such comparison available? Thank you.

Wow, sounds like we certainly do not know how to use this Outlook.
We have used many programs before. Never before this Outlook has been so
difficult to use. Our complain is, if Outlook is so difficult for us, why
not select something else more suitable for our work?

> It takes most people about ten or fifteen minutes to set up a mail
account.

may be we are just plain stupid, but all the people we knew had great
difficulties setting up their email accounts. I have never seen something so
un-straight forward setup that I have ever seen. For example, User
Information, Logon Information, Server Information page do NOT allow copy
and paste. We do not know what is the correct information to fill in. Even
if we got the test account setting correct, the email have not going
through. The "More Setting" is even more difficult to use.

I certainly never able to make copy of same email account and edit its name
for each person inside the department.

> Outlook's built-in SPAM filter (which you cannot modify) and Rules (which
> you can) are one way.  A third-party tool like MAILsweeper

OK, found "Rule Wizard". Thank you.

> > 3.All the incoming mails are lumped into "inbox".
>
> Yes.  Why would you expect otherwise?  If you want to move them elsewhere,
> you create rules to do so.

> If you want sent messages to go into specific folders, then use rules or
> enable the option to file replies with the original message.

It would be nice for each email address name (each staff or each department)
goes to their own outgoing and incoming mail box folder. I guess it can be
done by Rule Wizard.

> > 6.We never able to get the new message font correctly. It only use the
> > international fonts even it was not selected.
>
> Tools>Options>Mail Format>International Options.

We did. Still not working correctly. We are unable to compose in default
fonts.

> > 8.From the backup (export to pst file) its impossible to retrieve
> > just one letter.
>
> No, it's not.  You open the backup PST, open the folder where the message
is
> and reference it.  You can also drag individual messages out of and into
> Outlook from the file system, where they're stored as .MSG files.

I do not want to retrieve the entire backup pst into my Outlook system. I
only want to read one email.

> I don't know what you mean by "specific or alternate headers".  Do you
mean
> something like the headers and footers that a Word document allows you to
> specify?

I mean the printing heading showing who this email message is from.

> > In contact address, we still does not figure how the last name, or
> > company name, is sorted in its list.

In "contacts", we are unable to make the "file as" to follow the "listing"
shown.

> > Still do not know how to group a department.

That means, one contact name will consists of group of email addresses.

ayoung <young98-nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Wow, sounds like we certainly do not know how to use this Outlook.
> We have used many programs before. Never before this Outlook has been
> so difficult to use. Our complain is, if Outlook is so difficult for
> us, why not select something else more suitable for our work?

And that's appropriate.  What I was trying to point out is that you need to
decode what's suitable for your environment before trying to find a
replacement.  In any design issue, you must determine the requirements
before trying to find something that will satisfy the requirements.

> may be we are just plain stupid, but all the people we knew had great
> difficulties setting up their email accounts. I have never seen
> something so un-straight forward setup that I have ever seen. For
> example, User Information, Logon Information, Server Information page
> do NOT allow copy and paste.

Did you try CTRL-C for copy and CTRL-V for paste?  Those are standard
Windows keys.

> We do not know what is the correct
> information to fill in. Even if we got the test account setting
> correct, the email have not going through. The "More Setting" is even
> more difficult to use.

Your ISP should be able to tell you what their server names are and what
authentication is required to use them.

> I certainly never able to make copy of same email account and edit
> its name for each person inside the department.

Account information is kept in the Registry within the Profile key.  Alas,
Outlook has no way to export and import account information.  Surely,
though, each person in your organization should have their own, unique
account so that cut and paste is less useful.  There are also tools in the
Outlook SDK that permit you to add mail profiles en masse to a number of
networked computers.

> It would be nice for each email address name (each staff or each
> department) goes to their own outgoing and incoming mail box folder.
> I guess it can be done by Rule Wizard.

And it will.  You must have a unique email account for each person who uses
mail.

> I do not want to retrieve the entire backup pst into my Outlook
> system. I only want to read one email.

I don't know of any extant mail systems that allow you to find just one
message without using the mail program to do so.

> I mean the printing heading showing who this email message is from.

When I print an email, it shows who it's from, when it was sent, to whom it
was sent, and the message's subject.

> In "contacts", we are unable to make the "file as" to follow the
> "listing" shown.

What "listing"?

> That means, one contact name will consists of group of email
> addresses.

It's called a "Distribution List".  In Contacts, click New>Distribution List
and add whomever you want, gioving the DL the name of the department.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
8/12/2004 1:44:16 PM
ayoung <young98-nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to make a presentation to our department on what are
> email programs that are available for Windows XP and compare the
> email programs.
>
> Is there such comparison available? Thank you.

One of the best ways to discover what mail programs run in Windows XP is to
use Google or some other search engine.  Here are a few links.  Note: I
don't endorse any of the clients listed in the links.  It's just for your
information.

http://www.rosecitysoftware.com/calypso/
http://cws.internet.com/category/2247-1-d.htm
http://www.download.com/3150-2367-0-1-4.html
http://www.wugnet.com/shareware/spow.asp?ID=281
http://atmail.com/index.ehtml
http://www.chaossoftware.com/express-plus-email.asp
http://www.soft32.com/download_12279.html
http://www.soft32.com/download_27.html
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads10.html
http://www.qpc.com/prod01.htm
http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/10/3/3/10-3-3-332.shtml
http://www.winplanet.com/file/11627.htm
http://www.fookes.com/mailbag/
<
http://downloads.suntimes.com/category.php[action]browse[i]0[id]95[f]||||[s]product.date_released|DESC[SiteID]suntimes >
http://www.canadiancontent.net/tech/downloads/Email+Tools/
http://shareware.pcmag.com/category.php%5Bid%5D95%5BSiteID%5Dpcmag
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
> ayoung <young98-nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> When I print an email, it shows who it's from, when it was sent, to whom
it
> was sent, and the message's subject.

How can I change the printout heading permanently - for example, use the
department name instead of individual names?

> > In "contacts", we are unable to make the "file as" to follow the
> > "listing" shown.
>
> What "listing"?

How contact is shown and listed when you click contacts. Something the name
is listed in first name, sometimes in last name, sometimes in company name.
But we always follow the "file as" for all the names.

ayoung <young98-nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:

> How contact is shown and listed when you click contacts. Something
> the name is listed in first name, sometimes in last name, sometimes
> in company name. But we always follow the "file as" for all the names.

What View are you using?  My Contacts list is always shown in "File as"
order.  Also check what radio button is selected when you click Tools>Email
Account>View or change existing directories or address books> Next, select
Outlook Address Book and click Change.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
8/12/2004 6:23:48 PM
Hi there!

Try Thunderbird. It will Import your Outlook accounts, contact
information and emails you have set up in Outlook with a click of a few
buttons. There is extensive documentation on the website and the
developers are always on the newsgroup. The best feature is that it uses
extensions - instead of piling a bunch of things you will never use in
one program, the extensions allow you to add only features you require.
Since it is open source it is both free and see new extensions available
every week. I switched all of the systems at our location except one to
Thunderbird. I have not had one problem or complaint come from doing so,
yet if you search my nick (PsyB) you will see that I have had a problem
with my only Outlook machine left. T Bird is the one to trust, in my
opinion.

Another alternative, though I feel it isn't as good as T Bird, but is
one which has the benefit of code maturity is Eudora. This one is
supported in three modes - Free Mode, Sponsor mode and Paid Mode. In
free mode you are quite limited in the options that are available. In
sponsored mode you have full functionality except for SPAM control and
you are required to have an advertisement on the screen and no window
covering it at all times. In paid mode there is full functionality, of
course, and no advertisements. Because it includes advertising, I
wouldn't recommend this one and will only use it in a Mac environment
for lack of anything better.

http://www.eudora.com

My final alternative suggestion is Mozilla itself which includes both a
browser and an email client. Still I prefer the standalone Thunderbird,
however, due to it's extensibility.

http://mozilla.org

Best regards

PsyB

(remove NO MEAT to reply to mail)

ayoung wrote:
> We do not know what is are good email choices and what to select from. Our
> staff sure complain alot.
>
> We do not know what to select because we have not used other email systems.
> We want understand if we can better our email program before we hire more
> staff and train them in the near future. That is why I post this inquiry to
> solicit expert advises.
>
> 1.In Outlook 2002, it toke us months to set up the email account. I think
> its
> still not working correctly because the outgoing and incoming has to be in
> different account names.
> 2.We do not know how to filter spam, such as detect  the word mortgage.
> 3.All the incoming mails are lumped into "inbox".
> 4.Doesn't incoming mail know how to go directly into incoming email
> address's
> folder?
> 5.Doesn't sent mail know how to go directly into Send item email address's
> folder?
> 6.We never able to get the new message font correctly. It only use the
> international fonts even it was not selected.
> 7.The spelling check is poor and lack of thesaurus.
> 8.From the backup (export to pst file) its impossible to retrieve just one
> letter.
> Just to name a few.
>
> "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>ayoung <young98-nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>We use Microsoft Windows XP Professional and Outlook 2002. We seek a
>>>better pop3 email solution. Which program do you recommend and why?
>>
>>What does Outlook 2002 not do that you wish it would?  What functions of
>>Outlook not involving mail would you like to keep?
>>--
>>Brian Tillman

>>Also, the Outlook printing is very primitive.
>>> Outlook does not allow draft letter printing.
>

> I don't know what you mean by that.

He or she wants to print a letter he or she is composing.

>>It does not allow messages printed with specific or alternate headers.
>

> I don't know what you mean by that.

He or she wants to include the full Internet header with the email
content when printed or to be able to configure what portions of the
header that is printed. For example perhaps he wants to print FROM:,
DATE:, TO:, RETURN-PATH:, RECEIVED-FROM, X-MIMEOLE:, X-MAILER:,
CONTENT-TYPE:, etc etc etc for informational purposes.

> In email account editing, Outlook does not allow copy and paste.

Use ctrl+x to cut, ctrl+c to copy and ctrl+v to paste. Right-click
doesn't always work.

> He or she wants to print a letter he or she is composing.

Outlook does prints draft messages. If you need to To and Subject, then turn
off WordMail and use the built-in editor to print the draft.

> >>It does not allow messages printed with specific or alternate headers.
> >
> He or she wants to include the full Internet header with the email
> content when printed or to be able to configure what portions of the
> header that is printed. For example perhaps he wants to print FROM:,
> DATE:, TO:, RETURN-PATH:, RECEIVED-FROM, X-MIMEOLE:, X-MAILER:,
> CONTENT-TYPE:, etc etc etc for informational purposes.

I don't think that in nearly 8 years of working with Outlook, I've ever
heard anyone else ask for that kind of header detail on a printout. It could
be done programmatically, though.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

suemvp (4038)
8/13/2004 11:35:36 AM
PsyB <psychopathNO@MEATshaw.ca> wrote:

> He or she wants to include the full Internet header with the email
> content when printed or to be able to configure what portions of the
> header that is printed. For example perhaps he wants to print FROM:,
> DATE:, TO:, RETURN-PATH:, RECEIVED-FROM, X-MIMEOLE:, X-MAILER:,
> CONTENT-TYPE:, etc etc etc for informational purposes.

What extant mailer allows this?  While my experience with other mailers is
limited, I don't know of any that allow this type of control.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
8/13/2004 1:44:15 PM
"PsyB" <psychopathNO@MEATshaw.ca> wrote in message

> Use ctrl+x to cut, ctrl+c to copy and ctrl+v to paste. Right-click
> doesn't always work.

OK, thanks. That works. But the toolbar "Edit" at top, does not allow copy
and paste. Program bug?

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message

> I don't think that in nearly 8 years of working with Outlook, I've ever
> heard anyone else ask for that kind of header detail on a printout. It
could
> be done programmatically, though.

Everyone in our company use that same outlook program.
Currently, we hand write the department name on the top of department's
email printout.

Thank you.
I will ask one of our staff to report on Thunderbird and Eudora.
Its too bad we are unable to find a comparison of these email programs.

> Hi there!
>
> Try Thunderbird. It will Import your Outlook accounts, contact
> information and emails you have set up in Outlook with a click of a few
> buttons. There is extensive documentation on the website and the
> developers are always on the newsgroup. The best feature is that it uses
> extensions - instead of piling a bunch of things you will never use in
> one program, the extensions allow you to add only features you require.
> Since it is open source it is both free and see new extensions available
> every week. I switched all of the systems at our location except one to
> Thunderbird. I have not had one problem or complaint come from doing so,
> yet if you search my nick (PsyB) you will see that I have had a problem
> with my only Outlook machine left. T Bird is the one to trust, in my
> opinion.
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/
>
> Another alternative, though I feel it isn't as good as T Bird, but is
> one which has the benefit of code maturity is Eudora. This one is
> supported in three modes - Free Mode, Sponsor mode and Paid Mode. In
> free mode you are quite limited in the options that are available. In
> sponsored mode you have full functionality except for SPAM control and
> you are required to have an advertisement on the screen and no window
> covering it at all times. In paid mode there is full functionality, of
> course, and no advertisements. Because it includes advertising, I
> wouldn't recommend this one and will only use it in a Mac environment
> for lack of anything better.
>
> http://www.eudora.com
>
> My final alternative suggestion is Mozilla itself which includes both a
> browser and an email client. Still I prefer the standalone Thunderbird,
> however, due to it's extensibility.
>
> http://mozilla.org
>
> Best regards
>
> PsyB
>
> (remove NO MEAT to reply to mail)

EMAIL FILTERS
For just over a week now ALL emails sent to me from external sources are going directly to my deleted files yet anything sent through my company network goes to my inbox as designed. I have looked into my rules and find nothing there to direct these emails to be deleted. Any suggestions where else to look? Disable all your rules. Enable them one at a time to find the culprit. It has to be a rule. CASEY wrote: > For just over a week now ALL emails sent to me from > external sources are going directly to my deleted files > yet anything sent through my company network goes to my...

Outlook will not open 02-01-10
This morning I came in an attempted to open my Outlook 2007. The title window comes up initially but as the program window begins to open it stops and an window with a circled red X comes up saying, " Cannot start Microsoft Outlook Office. Cannot open Outlook window." Any thoughts on how this can be repaired. Is that the full extent of the error message? Since the error is the key to resolving the problem, the exact and complete error message is required. What type of mail account? Have you verified that Outlook.exe is not running in the processes tab of your Ta...

Outlook Rules #29
I did this before with my old Office I think or was Outlook Express ? Anyway, can anyone tell me how to do it on my Outlook 2003 ( Office 2003 Pro ) ( If it is possible ) I remember I setup a rule for Outlook NOT to download any mail bigger than XXX kilobytes, in another words, if the mail is too big DONT GET IT. Thanks. In OL2003 you don't do that with rules but with Send/Receive settings. Go to the Tools menu > Send/Receive > Send/Receive Settins > Define Send/Receive Groups > Highlight a group > Click Edit. You can set the size in that dialog. Outlook will then ...

How to fix the font in Outlook
Hello. Is there any way to fix the fonts and typeface so that the message is seen by the receiver as I send it? (I'm asking about Outlook but if this can be done for OE as well, I'd also be interested.) Thanks for any input. Kevin (For email, double the two) Kevin Cooke <Kevin.Cooke2@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Is there any way to fix the fonts and typeface so that the message is > seen by the receiver as I send it? > > (I'm asking about Outlook but if this can be done for OE as well, I'd > also be interested.) Sending your message in HTML or Rich Text...

Goal Seek Question
I am using 'goal seek' to find an optimal solution to one line on my sheet. The form uses one value from the prior line. This functions perfectly .. no problem Now I wish to copy this procedure down to the next line but goal-seek is making me totally rebuild the procedure. I must be missing something .. help would be appreciated David Have you tried Solver? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "DAVID VINCENT-JONES" <nospam.davidvj.spamno@verizon.net> wrote in message news:%23F0sfcvTFHA.1044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I am us...

Hyperlinks in emails #2
I am running Win XP with Office 2007 When I try to click on a hyperlink in an email news article, I get tis error message: General failure: The system cannot find the file specified. How do I correct this please? Thanks, RED in NC Have you tried resetting the internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab? (Or Control panel, Internet options, Advanced tab). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lis...

email #19
When sending common message to many contacts I typically write message in Word and periodically copy and paste message into email body, then send. The following quite often ends up in the email body of the recipient: <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> I'm thinking that something "invisible" is embedded in the normal dot template of Word that comes over when I copy and paste....but I'm guessing and have no clue. Ideas would be appreciated. ...

outlook forgets passwords
Hi, I use outlook 2002 on XP professional. Every time I want to check for new mail a window pops up asking me for the password, with the correct info already filled in. I tried to delete the account and add them again, but same problem. Anybody any idea? Henk http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259416 should be helpful. "HE" <NOSPAM@GEENEMAIL.NL> wrote in message news:O0EzdBkaDHA.388@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I use outlook 2002 on XP professional. Every time I want to check for new > mail a window pops up asking me for the password,...

Outlook client hangs after opening CRM windows
I have installed the CRM SFO. Everything looks ok in Outlook. When I open the CRM folder I can see all the folders. I can also open the account list. But as soon as I open the details about a account (or contactperson.....) everything hangs. A window is showing that Outlook is trying to open something on the localhost. I have already removed the entire client en reinstalled it (no errors) I have already reset the client, cleared the cache etc, etc.... I am having this problem now for a few months and nobody seems to know what is happening. We had the same problem on an other machine a...

Conditional forward email in Exchange
Is there a way to forward only certain emails? For example, I'd like to forward any email from a domain that is sent to an Exchange user to two additional Exchange users. eg. Mail sent from user@domain.com to user@exchangeserver.com The domain matches, and thus the email from user@domain.com is forwarded to user1 and user2@exchangeserver.com as well as the original recipient, user@exchangeserver.com. John At the server level - nothing built-in in Exchange Server 2003/2000. You may have to resort to event sinks. Alternatively, look at Outlook rules. Exchange Server 2007 makes this a ...

Replacing old Windows XP and Outlook Express with new Windows 7
How do I export the contents and settings out of Outlook Express and import the accounts, settings and emails into Windows Live Mail on another machine? For messages: Copy the *ENTIRE* OE message store folder to flash or CD. (Folders.dbx must be included). Place this on the Desktop or other location on the machine using WLMail. Open WLMail and: File | Import | Messages | Microsoft Outlook Express 6 and point to where you saved it. For Addresses: Open the Address Book in OE and File | Export | Address Book (wab) and save it to the Desktop. Copy to flash or CD. Place this on the...

Help!
I have a problem that happened when I changed over our webhosting service to a new web hosting company. We are a non-profit collaborative consisting of nine agencies housed in one building. All agencies use a shared Exchange Server. We had our website hosting with a company that was charging exhorbitant pricing and we changed to a new web hosting company (Ipowerweb). We have have administrative rights for our domain name. Before I switched the I redesigned our website, then went into our domain name record and set the DNS pointers to the new hosting service. I then went into the Vdeck contro...

cannot email with another email account
I have MS Office 2003 and exchange server 2003, I have multiple account and would like to send an email with the "From" another email account instead of my main account. eg. I have abc@abc.com email account as my main account and another email account xyz@xyz.com as a secondary account. When I open Outlook 2003 under abc@abc.com profile and compose a message but would like to send it using the "From" xyz@xyz.com email address. I cannot do it as the message keep coming back saying that the mail was undelivered and said "I do not have peremission to send...

Can't set Windlows Live Email or Outlook as default email program
I'm running Windows XP SP2 with the following email programs: * Windows Live Mail * Outlook 2003 * Outlook Express (not used) When I access "Set Program Access and Defaults", and choose Custom, the only e-mail client which is displayed underneath "Choose a default e-mail program" is Outlook Express. Does anyone know why this is, and how I can restore them to the list? Thanks, P. This is because only Outlook Express is included in Windows XP. Use the options within Outlook or Windows Mail to set it as the default. The setting will then change to "Custom" ...

Sending in Outlook from Home
I get an error message something like: "error 0x8004010F: object not found" when trying to send a message from outlook. outlook worked fine before i added an account from sbc and a college alumni association. i have searched for an answer but have found none. does anybody have an idea how to fix this? thanks. ...

Outlook Today Folder Display
This problem started when I attempted to add folders to the Outlook Today display. Folders that I did not check became checked, and each time I tried to fix this another copy of Outlook Today ended up displayed on the page. I now have 7 Outlook Today entries and one Inbox plus two additional folders I selected. Any way to fix this? I'm running Windows XP with Outlook XP. This was a fresh installation on a new PC (all preloaded). Michael ...

How to "un-compact" Outlook
I chose at one time to compact my outlook folders but don't like how it works. Is there a way to "un-compact" them and keep them from continuing to compact? ...

help with goal seek
Hi all, I have been using goal seek to solve for the input value to my equation. my problem is that I have 100 instances to solve. column B are the desired values, column C are the input values. column D is the result of my calculation applied to the column C values column E is the difference between B and D. I've thought I could use a macro to do this, but it looks to me like macros only accept absolute references. can anyone help me on how to understand this? so as not to seem lazy, I have already searched for an answer to this without success. Maybe I am not using the correct termin...

Default Email Client #4
How do I make Outlook my default email client? Internet Options/Programs tab Stop using whatever you were using <mrpierce@optusnet.net.au.nospam> wrote in message news:79ic215rfu9ill435ntc8r452d3obifa7v@4ax.com... > How do I make Outlook my default email client? ...

Outlook XP slow to start
It takes over thirty seconds for outlook to start. Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how the toolbars display. When it becomes corrupted, it will cause Outlook to hang because it cannot create the toolbars that you expect. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After...

Email not accessible for remote users using rpc over http
Ok, I've searched and searched, I've checked with our consultant, and no clues. Here's what's happening. In my office we are using Exchange Server 2003. We have some in office staff and some remote workers. We just bought new Dell Latitude's for our remote workers. I have set them up on the server and they are working wonderfully, in the office. Both hard wired to the network and over the wireless. The problem is when they get them home (or any other wireless access besides our own). They cannot access their Outlook 2003. When bringing it up, they get a popup window askin...

seeking
seeking pen pals aged between 13-15. all mails will be replied. so why is it that MY POSTS ARE BLOCKED but not this garbage? GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT MICROSOFT I call for the resignation of Steve Ballmer-- Ralph Nader is the only person that can save MIcosoft now-- MS just doesn't give a crap about customers "Judy@goggaconnect.co.za" <judy@goggaconnect.co.za> wrote in message news:ehzLXHBjHHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > seeking pen pals aged between 13-15. all mails will be replied. > > ...

Moving Email Account to another user
I have Office XP, with windows 2000 network. Outlook is erroring out when a user tries to open their profile. If I create my profile on that machine, Outlook works fine. If I go to View Other User' Folde and open that user's inbox, I can see the inbox just fine. It seems that if I try to create a new Outlook profile for that user, Outlook errors out when trying to open it. But for everyone else, it works. What can I do? Is it possible to delete just the email account and recreate the email account, without deleting the user account? ...

Email Address
Dear Daniel and Magdaline, This is my new email address. You may send your message to me in future. Regards, Yen yiyi ...

word unavailable for email reply-error message
windows xp professional and office 2003 professional I get this error message when I reply: Microsoft Word is set to be your e-mail editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The Outlook e-mail editor will be used instead I have restarted, repaired, and reinstalled. Also, the box is checked in tools/options. The only thing left is uninstall, is this going to be necessary? Thanks in advance if anyone can answer this. I went ahead and did an uninstall and reinstall and that fixed it. It was painless; all my personal info was there a...