Seeing the "From" field when sending mail

I have several email accounts that I use with outlook and would like to
be able to see the "From" field when I am sending a new email to
someone.  I can see the "To", "Cc", "Bcc" and the "Subject" but not
sure how, if possible, to add the "From" field so I can easily change
the email account I want to send the email from.  Thanks.

In our office, we open a New Message, go to View and
select From Field. We can then choose the appropriate
mailbox from which we want to send our email.  This is
possible because the server already has our various mail
accounts configured on the GAL.

Hope this helps.

Alicia

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

>.

0
anonymous (74723)

Sending an Email from Access...
I have downloaded code that makes use of the "Microsoft Outlook Object 10 Library" to create and send email messages using the following code Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objEmail As Object 'Dim objEmail As Outlook.MailItem Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.application") Set objEmail = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem) With objEmail .To = strTo .Subject = strSubject .body = strBody ' .Attachments.Add "C:\Test.htm" '.attachments.Add "c:\Path\to\the\next\file.txt" .ReadReceiptRequested = True .Impo...

Outlook closes when sending invites from Calendar
Good morning, I an experiencing an issue on multiple PC's where the Outlook on one shuts down when invites are sent out via the shared caledar. Assistant uses the boss's calendar to send out invites and the boss's Outlook shuts down. All PC's are using the same version of Outllok 2003. All the latest patches and updates have been applied. XP pro and Office 2003 Thanks for any and all help. ...

description from dimension fields needed in purchase order/item li
We originally did not attach sub descriptions on our matrix/part number because of the way the price tags would read on our merchandise. It is alot cleaner looking to have a simple description and then in the fields below to show size and color. So, it really should not be necessary to attach the dimensions to the part number. As you know with the character limitations this does not give good information anyway. So, what we really need is for the dimension fields to show in seperate colums both when we look at items and when we create purchase orders. Not having the ability to do this i...

Mail disappears from folders
Mail moved to my draft folder from my inbox is gone when I reenter Windows Live Mail....also, after creating a folder, such as Saved Mail, it also disappears, along with the mail that was in it, when I return to the mail program..... The folders I create along with any mail I put in those folders is gone when I return to my mail program....how can I fix this and is there anyway to retrieve that mail...??? I have a Toshiba Satelitte laptop with Windows 7 OS...... Check your views... WLM Menu/View/Show or Hide/Show all messages The Draft folder is best used by clicking on Fil...

Selecting specific fields from a selected record.
I have two DB set up as follows - the first is called TYPE and the second is NOTES: There are only two records in this example, but there will be many more records for each when done. I want to be able to type MAJ and find the right pattern in TYPE for example. (MAJ - 1 - 5 - 8) and then get the corresponding notes to that pattern from NOTES for a selected key, like "C". See below. I need to be able to enter "C" in one field on a form and "MAJ" in another on a form and come up with "C" "E" "G" in four other fields on the ...

Parsing Out a Month from a date field
In a field, I have the date 1/1/2008, but I only want to know that is was JANUARY. Because I want to know if the current month is >,< or = the month that is in that field. This is being used when comparing previous years sales activities. So if I got the order in Jan 15, 2008 for my annual product, then I would expect my new order to come in Jan 2009 (but not necesarily on the 15th). Any ideas? As a guess you want the month formula. =month(A1) Where A1 has the date in it. That will return a number from 1 to 12 which defines the month. -- HTH... Jim Thomli...

Create field from table with no join
I have a table that holds a master census date. I need to add this census date to be generated in a field in another query, but obviously cannot provide any linkage. Short of hard-coding this date (which changes every week) I cannot get the date to be generated within the query, HELP! Ta On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 08:01:03 -0800, Andy <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table that holds a master census date. I need to add this census >date to be generated in a field in another query, but obviously cannot >provide any linkage. Short of hard-coding this date (which...

How do I keep the date from changing format in a mail merge? #2
I have a document in Word and a document in Excel that I am using in a mail merge. When I merge the documents the format that I have the date in does not stay the same. I want the date to show up like, June 9, 2005 and what it comes up with is 6/9/2005. Is there anything I can do about this? The only thing I have found is to merge and then change the date format but then I can't get the date that I want, there are certain options that I have to pick from. Any ideas? Go to the word document and select the field that you are using for the date. RIght click on it to toggle the field...

hide mail enabled security group from non group members
I am at a university we have a mailenabled security group for every section of every class and would like users to only be able to see the lists they are members of in the GAL. these groups are created with scripts so feel free to suggest programatic ways of doing this If by "see them in the GAL", you would need to produce a separate address list for every section of every class, and that would be an enormous task. If by "see them in the GAL" you mean "send to them" you can accomplish that by locking down every list to the appropriate audience by configuri...

Advanced Find
Hi all, we've come across a problem: (custom) attributes that are set up as Searchable = No and yet are visible and available in the Add Columns list in Advanced Find. These fields are not meant to be used anymore, but some of them still contain data so we want to keep them in the database. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to remove them from the Add Columns list (short of deleting them of course)? If so, could you let me know please? We're using MS Dynamics CRM 3.0 and have got up to Rollup 3. Many thanks for any help you can give me! Best rgds -- Christopher Grove Chri...

Select Bank Transactions
Is there a plan to modify the existing Select Bank Transaction Window to include a paid to/ received from field so that we can track who a client made a payment to or received a payment from? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/B...

How do I check my hotmail account e-mail from Outlook?
Whenever I try to send any email, I get a message saying that a subscrption is required. Is this true? And if so, after paying the price will I be able to check my hotmail email from Outlook? Yes, only paid Hotmail or MSN Premium accounts can have Outlook access to mail. Otherwise, you will need to use the web interface. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, f50rr29 asked: | Whenever I try to send any email, I get a ...

Mail merge from opportunity with customised fields
Most of our customers wants to make a mail merge from opportunity for several reasons : 1) directly mail to contacts who are involved on that specific opportunity/project 2) customised fields specific to their business, information that they wants to use/merge with a word document. regards Myriam ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsof...

From Field in Inbox
How do make to From field in the imbox to show the actual email of the sender rather than his name. This is usefull to determine if the incomming email is junk mail or not. I appreciate your help. Sue Mosher wrote a great article explaining how to do this. Showing the Sender's Email Address: http://www.win2000mag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=8630 -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Juan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:da7c01c3ef6b$e56645d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... How do make to From field in the imbox to show the actual email of the sender ...

Alias in "From" field
Hello Exchange gurus... I am a new hire at a company using Exchange server. I have an official userid on the system, which makes my default e-mail address userid@company.com . However, I was able to successfully request an alias, which is much preferred and more intuitive than my userid, so I can receive e-mails sent to alias@company.com (as well as userid@company.com). My business cards are being printed with the alias as my default e-mail. So far, so good. The problem is that when I send an e-mail, it appears to come from userid@company.com, NOT my alias. I would like to avoid this si...

See corrective package from the M$
--jjrhlnjahpe Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jwzfeijwqbiaie"; type="multipart/alternative" --jwzfeijwqbiaie Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="djytdknpradreavd" --djytdknpradreavd Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install no...

Can't Send Email From Outlook Express
I believe I have all configurations correct. I can receive emails, but everytime I send emails I get the error message that the system has unexpectedly been interrupted. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3...

Error sending email from workflow
I created a workflow that will send out an email when an entity is created/assigned. But the email is not sent. Checked the log in the workflow monitor, got error: Error code = 80049306. Access is denied. I checked that email is working by creating an email activity, send it to the same user as the workflow and it works fine. Why is it that it works fine when i create an email activity, but it does not work when sending from workflow? The workflow are created with a CRM user. I got other workflows e.g. to update an entity, and those works fine. Only having problem with sending email....

Restrict users from seeing some Contacts in GAL
Hi guys, How could I restrict some users from seeing Distribution Groups and some contacts in GAL? I have several people who need to see all the address in GAL and few who only need to have limited access to what they see. I don't think second GAL would work for me due it's fuctionality... Also can't use Address lists, because they wont be seen in OWA. Please advise. Thanks!!! On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:27:02 -0700, HHRP <HHRP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi guys, > >How could I restrict some users from seeing Distribution Groups and some >contacts in ...

Sending/Receiving emails from MICROSOFT OUTLOOK
I am receiving error messages when trying to send/receive emails in OUTLOOK.So far I have not been successful in using the program I am not able to add accounts correctly to the TOOLS - add email account option. Any suggestions Dorothy Rego <Dorothy Rego@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am receiving error messages when trying to send/receive emails in > OUTLOOK. And what is the exact text of those messages? > I am not able to add accounts correctly to the TOOLS - add email > account option. Can you add them via Control Panel>Mail? -- Brian Tillman ...

Forwarding Mail From Outlook Web Access
I currently use Outlook Web Access at work and would like to be able to forward my mail to my regular address so that I won't have to keep logging in. We don't currently have tech support and I'm not sure what to do, exactly. I tried using the settings in gmail (regular account), but it's only for POP it seems and our web access uses http and Microsoft exchange server 2003. I tried using regular outlook, but I'm not sure what the server URL is. I thought it was the URL of the page I go to to normally log in, but apparently not. Help? "Anonymous Person" <...

Not receiving e-mails from individual domain
I am having an issue receiving e-mail from 1 particular domain. I can send e-mails to the domain with no problem. However when it comes to receiving e-mails from that domain I don't receive it. Looking at Message Tracker on the sender's Exchange box reveals that the message had gone through with out any trouble. I can send/receive e-mails in house, and outside of our domain with no problem. We are not blocking their domain, and have checked DNS settings. This leads me to believe that it's a problem on their end. Would installing SSL certificates on the sending Exchange box c...

Update to earlier GAL issue. From ESM preview you can see contact, but Outlook still cannot see the contact.
I am able to see the contact if I do a preview from the ESM. But no matter how many times I re-download the addressbook outlook is still not finding this contact. It is preventing me from logging into this mailbox from Outlook. Once I rebooted the exchange server the GAL reflected the contacts that were not seen. What services/processes ran during the reboot that would have updated the GAL. I hope I can accomplish the same thing without needing to reboot exchange. On Jan 29, 10:15 am, "pez" <peter.zelo...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am able to see the contact if I do ...

Exchange 2007: Can send/receive mail from OWA but not Outlook 2003
Here is a strange thing about Exchange 2007. A user can't send/receive email from Outlook 2003 but can send/receive from OWA. Can't figure out what's going on . The Outlook 2003 is running in Cached mode. The mail worked fine with Outlook for a couple of days after creating the mailbox and then it stopped. Hi, 1. Does Outlook say it is working online? 2. What does connection status say? 3. Does it work if you remove cached exchange mode? 4. How about on another pc, does Outlook work? Oliver Is the Exchange Transport service running? -- Jim McBee Exchange 2007 Road Show...

Reading text from text field.
Hi and Hello Everybody, A very Good Morning to all the members. Please help me in solving my query.... The requirement is to take just the contents/data (i.e. values) a plain text. Store the two columns information as text.. suppose, in excel file. We have some "Topic names" and corresponding "values", shown in text-fields coming in browser window. If we give 'Select all' option under 'Edit' menu-option in browser (Internet Explorer) window, the contents ofcourse get copied. Now If we, suppose, open blank sheet in Excel or a blank document i word, an...