Secure LDAP

I'm testing Outlook 2000 and 2003 and I'm having problems using secure ldap
connections with an error that reads "Can't connect to ldap server (81).
The configuration is the same as my working netscape configuration which
works.
A packet sniff comparison revealed that netscape successfully connected
using SSLv3.0 while Outlook tries to initiate a connection using SSLv2.0 and
fails. I can connect flawlessly to ldap as long as I turn Outlooks LDAP SSL
feature off. Does anyone know of a fix or patch for this problem. Or maybe a
way to force Outlook to use SSLv3.0?
0
ITSnoopy (2)

Ok. Further testing revealed that this issue only occurs on the XP operating
system and not 2000 Pro. Any Ideas?

"IT_Snoopy" wrote:

> I'm testing Outlook 2000 and 2003 and I'm having problems using secure ldap
> connections with an error that reads "Can't connect to ldap server (81).
> The configuration is the same as my working netscape configuration which
> works.
> A packet sniff comparison revealed that netscape successfully connected
> using SSLv3.0 while Outlook tries to initiate a connection using SSLv2.0 and
> fails. I can connect flawlessly to ldap as long as I turn Outlooks LDAP SSL
> feature off. Does anyone know of a fix or patch for this problem. Or maybe a
> way to force Outlook to use SSLv3.0?
0
ITSnoopy (2)
1/25/2005 6:05:03 PM
IT_Snoopy <ITSnoopy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Ok. Further testing revealed that this issue only occurs on the XP
> operating system and not 2000 Pro. Any Ideas?

A firewall interfering?
--
Brian Tillman
0

Outlook with AD LDAP
Can Outlook 2003 be setup to use an Active Directory LDAP running on Windows Server 2003 as an "Address Book"? Jeff Lynch Assuming I understand the question correctly... yes, users can use AD as an address book. (Your LDAP server name would be your Global Catalog server and the port is 3268 (3269 if using SSL). Search base would be dc=domain,dc=ext. Authentication is required because AD is secured by default to not allow anonymous searches.) -- Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Jeff Lynch" <jeff.lynch@houst...

LDAP time out error
All our pc's have suddenly started giving the error " Search request to the LDAP directory server has timed out (85)". This happens whenever we put in a partial address and use the directory to find the correct (internal) address. This is using an Inty e-mail server/firewall box connected to a win 2000 network, with XP pro clients and office 2002. When I connect a pc to the inty box directly (ie straight into its network card) it's fine, it's only when I go via the network it hangs. There is no excessive network traffic, so are there any setings on the servers...

LDAP
Is there any way to quesrie an LDAP database from within excel? ...

security and VBA
Hello: Is there a way to activate/deactivate security to a window that has VBA code on it. What I'm getting at is that I know how to activate/deactivate security for a modified window. But, if you have just plain VBA code on a window that is not modified, is there a way to have grant/deny security to the code based on user ID? Thanks! childofthe1980s Hello There is no way as far as I know. "childofthe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > Is there a way to activate/deactivate security to a window that has VBA code > on it. > > What I'm getting at is that...

Copy security levels
Hello everyone, Is there a way to copy the security levels from one level to the other? Thanks, Sylvain Malenfant ...

Smartlist Favourites
A series of Smartlist favourites have been created for the general use of users. These favourites are meant to act a default starting points, like those installed by DynamicsGP prefixed with an asterisks. However, certain users adjust these general favourites (columns, criteria) and then re-saving by choosing 'modify' from the favourites window regardless of how many times instructed otherwise. Sometimes, giving the favourite a different name, sometimes even choosing to save so that becomes "Visible To: USERID" only! This means that other users can no longer access them...

Securing a mailbox as evidence
Greetings all, Newbie question of some import here. I have a client that just terminated an employee based, in large part, on activity related to email. As such, the client needs to secure the former employee's mailbox as evidence in the event of any future litigation. However, the client would like to disable any future access to the mailbox, both internal and external. Theywould also like the employee to disappear from all address lists. I've managed to remove the account from all of the address lists via the "Hide from Exchange address lists" checkbox, but, of course...

Macro Security Warnings
I would like to include macros in spreadsheets I create to share them with novice users in my office. I want to find the best way to deal with the Macro Security warnings for the novice users. I have never tried using a “digital Signature” but that route is probably not what I want because it probably costs money and it is just as bad to get a novice user to accept a digital signature. Also I do not want to have to go through the formality of working with my companies IT department every time I make a macro for co-workers. Is there any other options to consider? This issue...

Outlook 2003
I just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2003. When I type in a name (ex. "Erin") I get an error meesage "Can't contact LDAP Directory server (81)" What do I need to do to my address book so I don't need to type in the whole e-mail address everytime I send a message? Thank you Tim TIM <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2003. When I type > in a name (ex. "Erin") I get an error meesage > > "Can't contact LDAP Directory server (81)" If you don't use an LDAP server, d...

Enterprise Reporting Security
The security in Enterprise Reporting 7.5 should be strengthened to meet Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=09d3efdd-6910-4b02-b53...

Take a look at this security package
--ypvlfeunkfbm Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yfslrygrdbffp"; type="multipart/alternative" --yfslrygrdbffp Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="slkdfyyvmlpqybavh" --slkdfyyvmlpqybavh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from the...

Is there a setting or security change for establishing deliverable
We re running MSP 2007 server and are now wanting to use the Deliveralbe functionality. When I go to create a Deliverable, I can get to the point of clicking Done, when I get a message saying "The Project Server has denied access to the requested data. Please contact your server administrator." Any help would be appreciated Marlene52 -- No, there is no specific permission in Project Server 2007 that allows/forbids a PM from creating Deliverables in a project. Deliverables are actually a feature of SharePoint. Out of curiosity, if you navigate to the Project Wo...

LDAP Directory dialog box at startup
I am new to Outlook 2003. When I start Outlook, a dialog box comes up to log into an LDAP Directory. Is there an option in Outlook somewhere to turn this off so they won't be popping up everytime I start Outlook? Thanks for any help! Keith ...

Security Warning Data connections have been disabled
Every time I bring up my spread sheet I get this waring at the top of the page. There is an options button with two options: 1. Help protect me from unknown content (recommended) 2. Enable this content. It doesn't seem to matter which option I select...it keeps coming back. How do I keep that from happening? This means that the workbook you're opening has macros. And since some people can write macros that do bad things, excel is asking you to decide what should happen. If you developed these workbooks and they shouldn't have macros, then you can use the techniques at Debra ...

How to create a windows server and client application with NT integrated security
Hi All, I'm delivering a project need to create a sever and client application using NT integrated security. The server supports two modes of security checking: standard security and NT integrated security, Just like the way of SQL Server 2000 is doing. If the server uses standard security mode, the client need to explicitly type in the user name and password in order to connect to the server. If the server uses integrated security mode,the client program will use the crendential of the current logon user to connect to the server and it will be authenticated by the NT domain. With this ...

e-mail security settings via custom form not being applied
I have two domains and two networks that are trusted and for all intents and purposes allow for seemless traffic flow. I can logon to domain 1 when on domain 2's network/subnet and vica-versa, etc. The one caveat presently being experienced is the ability to send email from a problem ticket tracking system when connected to domain 2, logged onto domain 2, but using an exchange account on domain 1. I get prompted to authenticate to access the mailbox which is expected and can send messages, but the Outlook Security Settings public form settings are not being applied - I get the tw...

Securities Transactions
I've been experimenting with MP 2008D, in particular the investing section. It appears that each stock transaction has the unique identifier of the 'stock symbol'. The manner in which I record a buy is: "ABC 1 Dec 07 (500)" then I would enter the stock symbol when asked, "ABC". If I only have one buy in the account, life is good. However, if I purchase another lot of ABC company and try to enter the 'stock name' as described above, I'm told there is an error - the symbol is being used. This presents a problem. The 500 shares I purchased on 12/1...

Security Setting for Vendor Internet Info
My AP Mgr is having security issues accessing the Internet information screen from the Vendor Card. Where is this setting in Advanced Security? thanks You can find it in Advanced Security by changing the View to By Dictionary, then going under Forms > Company > Internet Information. I believe that form is global to the entire company, though, so if you restrict access to it, that will also restrict access in Sales, etc. Hope that helps, -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP "jav" <jav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E11EADD-08A5-4F40-9901-5027D...

Security for Customer Maintenance Option
We want to give user rights to access Customer Maintenance only, and cannot open the Customer Maintenance Option. Is it possible to setup this security in Great Plains 8.0? Thanks. The application level security system is form based. The Options window is an additional window on the Customer Maintenance form and so cannot be controlled separately by the standard security system. You can use Field Level Security to control access to the window if you have it registered. Or you can write a small customisation in Dexterity or Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to control access to the...

Smartlist Security
OK... SmartlIst Builder.... V10 Where did they now hide the Smartlist Security window to give User/User Class access to the new objects???? Bueno1 Access to smartlists is controled through the Alternate/Modified forms and Reports (Tools->Setup->System->Alternate......) Select the profile (forms and reports group) to be modified and then select Smartlists. View the list of Smartlists and mark which ones this profile should have access to. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and ch...

Access and Outlook Security
All, I have an Access application on a Terminal Server. I would like to add logic to one of my forms that will send out an email to two specific recipients. I am able to write the appropriate VBA code on the event but when it logic executes, I get a Security message stating "A program is trying to automatically send email on your behalf"... I did some research and discovered that Microsoft updated their security. I also found two products that says they can eliminate the message from appearing: one is from Add-In-Express called Outlook Security Manager, and the other prod...

Advanced Security
Hi, I am using eE V7 with Advanced Security installed. I am setting up a user class with just Sales Enquiry access. When I use the Toolbar option to grant the class access to "Sales Enquiry" it does not give access to ALL the drill down or lookup forms which are required to do a Sales enquiry. eg. no access is granted to the "Sales Transaction Enquiry Zoom" form. Is there an easy way to indentify ALL the forms required to navigate around all the Sales Enquiry menu options. Perhaps someone has a list of all the forms ? Thanks in advance, Greg Davies The By Toolba...

Security problems with cumulative patch
I have problem with user security roles on MS CRM 1.2. When I install "Update rollup 1 for MS CRM Sales for O. 1.2 " then all my users regardles of security setings, sharing etc can see all accounts. When I remove rollup patch then securty is working again as defined by security role. ...

Modified Reports security #2
Hello everyone, I was curious of anyone else out there has recognized issues with Dynamics GP 10.0 and Windows Server 2008 recognizing the forward slash (/) to the shared modified forms and reports dictionaries in the Dynamics.set file. We have had issues with not being able to open Report writer unless we change the forward salashes to back slashes. We have also found that one of our Third Party modules' modified reports shows up in customization maintenance but does not show the option to select the modified window in Security. Has anyone else recognized similar symptoms? Thanks...

Please Help Me Secure My Form Results!!!
I have a FP 2003 form on a SSL page that contains confidential information. I would like to send it to a password protected page that my other employees can access with a unique username/password and then print the form results. I currently send it to the _private folder in formatted text– but I am the only one who can access it-- through FP. I tried to setup a subsite – but the Browse button in FrontPage Form Results does not see the subsite. I have tried other forums and paid for advice from “experts” on other sites – but no one seems to be able to tell me exactly how this ...