Searching For Appointments

Outlook should allow the user to search upcoming appointments without needing
the user to know the date of the scheduled appointment.  The appointment
subject should be enough for Outlook to find it.  Part of the point of
creating a calendar is so the user can forget when an appointment is after
entering the data.  Why can't Outlook just create a list of upcoming
appointments showing only the date/time and subject headings?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=55c9cbe4-1891-48e6-86f5-d0a8abce0c2e&dg=microsoft.public.outlook
0
Michael5492 (655)

Michael <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Outlook should allow the user to search upcoming appointments without
> needing the user to know the date of the scheduled appointment.

And it does already.  For example, I have an appointment with my daughter's
name in the subject.  So, in the "Look for" field on the Find toolbar, I
entered her name, then clicked Find Now.  Low and behold, Outlook showed me
that appointment and her birthday event that was added when I added her name
as a contact.  Seems to be exactly what you want to me.  Does it differ from
what you're requesting?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Search Engine for finding text?
I have a project which requires me to be able to search across 500 - 1000 Visio documents looking for text within the document, (e.g., network device labels). Most search engines only return metadata (properties) information. Is anyone familiar with a utility than can do this type of search returning a hit list with links to the documents found? What operating system are you using? Win 2000 and XP can easily search for not only files but also text within the body of the file via Windows Explorer. Have you tried that? Randall Arnold "KM w1z" <w1z@swbell.net> wrote in mess...

Search Task, contacts and calendar together
In Outlook 2003, the search function allowed the task, contacts and calendar folrders to be searched all at once. I just started using Outlook 2007 and I have not been able to duplicate that kind of search. How do i create a search that searches across all 3 folders at once. Thanks for the help "William23" <William23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:516DE604-718F-4958-B3A1-2AF04DDBAA59@microsoft.com... > In Outlook 2003, the search function allowed the task, contacts and calendar > folrders to be searched all at once. I just started using Ou...

How to search and replace and add formatting
Hi - I have a fairly wordy excel sheet and I am trying to format it such that any time a 'defined' phrase appears, it is in Bold. I tried the search and replace, and had the 'replaced' word in bold, but it makes the entire cell Bold, not just the word I did the find and replace on. Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks, Randhir Not sure if this will help but this code changes a particular word http://exceltips.vitalnews.com/Pages/T1128_Making_All_Occurrences_Bold.html VBA Noo -- VBA Noo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- VBA ...

Search and replace
I am trying to change data entered with an apostrophe ("'") which charaterize d the data as text to a numerical entry. I can not get search and replace to find the apostrophe and replace it w/ nothing. I wish to do this so I can format the column as phone numbers. Summary Change '8001234567 displayed as 8001234567 to 8001234567 displayed as (800) 123-4567 using search and replace! You can quickly convert all your cells by copying an open cell, selecting the data, and edit > paste special > add. Then custom format the cells (Format > Cells > Number Tab) as Sp...

Can I search for a FOLDER
Hi, Is there a way to search for a FOLDER in Outlook (2002)? If I have hundreds of sub folders within folders and forgot where I put one specific folder, is there a way to search for this folder? I seem to be able to search for e- mail items in specific folders but not for folders themselves. Any ideas? Thanks. Kikilein Nope, you can't search by folder. Advanced Find has an "In folder" option on the advanced tab you could use to find all messages in the folder (search the entire mailbox), but you won't find the folder path. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Aut...

Why are appointments not appearing on attendees calendar?
When i receive an appointment e-mail from my reception, i do not have the option to reply so the appointments do not appear on my calendar? Why? "Pweb" <Pweb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA2CFF7F-9CC3-4265-95DD-00CEEADF1C65@microsoft.com... > When i receive an appointment e-mail from my reception, i do not have the > option to reply so the appointments do not appear on my calendar? Why? Whether or not you reply doesn't control whether or not requests are added to your calendar. If you receive a request, it will be added to your ca...

how can I search for underlined words in version 2007 of word.
how can I search for underlined words in version 2007 of word. On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 12:23:02 -0800, shawn <shawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how can I search for underlined words in version 2007 of word. Open the Find dialog, leave the "Find what" box empty, and press Ctrl+U to turn on the underlining format to search for. Click the Find Next button. If you need to find double underlining, press Ctrl+Shift+D instead of Ctrl+U. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all...

moving emails during find search
I have lots of emails in my inbox. I use to be able to do finds (just the basic find) for key words and move those items to appropriate sub-folders. Recently, Outlook stopped letting me move the emails to the folders once they were found by the find function. Instead I get an error message "Can't move the items." Any ideas on how to fix this? My inbox is filling up fast and it will take too long to file emails one at a time. I'm using Outlook 2002 and Windows XP. ...

Problems with Instant Search
Recently I installed Windows Search on my PC and it works fine from the desktop but it doesn't work within Outlook. Every time I try to click on Enable Instant Search it tells me that Windows Desktop Search has been installed and asks to restart Outlook. Any thoughts on this? yaro ...

New appointments appear only at current time
Hello, I have the strangest problem ever with my Win2K / Exchange 2000 server. Whenever user Y makes an appointment in public folder X, that appointment shows up in Outlook with the current date / time of when the appointment was created, regardless of what date / time was defined. In other words, if the current date / time is January 1st, 2006, 6:30pm and user Y makes an appointment for Saturday, January 20th, 2006 at 8:00am, the appointment will show up in Outlook as January 1st, 2006, 6:30pm, however if you open it, the correct start / end times are defined, just in the Outlook view, it...

meeting/appointment appearing in OWA but not in Outlook client
we have a user who's meeting that was scheduled was viewable in the OWA/webmail calendar but not in the regular Outlook client. it seems to have disappeared in the Calendar view of the Outlook client. Has anyone experienced this or know of any resolutions? is the delivery point in the Outlook client the mailbox, or a personal folder? "YZT" <YZT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EE66687-826A-4968-848D-7BE6BFB7B3B4@microsoft.com... > we have a user who's meeting that was scheduled was viewable in the > OWA/webmail calendar but not in the regu...

Outlook2000 calendar appointment colors
In the Outlook2000 calendar, is it possible to color-code the appointment items? The default view of "Day/week/month" where the calendar appears as a table containing appointment items, all I've got is gray appointments on a gray or white background. Ideally I'd like to color-code based on the appointment's category - e.g, default=gray, "Work"=blue, "Holidays"=green, etc. I'm VB fluent, so I'd even be willing to write a "Save As" macro that could set the desired color? Thanks, Andrew. No. That kind of color-coding was introduce...

Viewing Current Appointments
Hi there I'm trying to customise the Outlook Calendar View so that I only see a list of my appointments from today onwards. I have changed the view to Active Appointments. I almost have what I want however Outlook lists the recurring appointments first (which start prior to today's date, such as birthdays). I have set the Group By and Sort By options to (none) and have applied the advanced option "to start on or after today" in the Customise Current View window. Any help much appreciated Michelle ...

Appointments in 3.0 auto close or auto complete???
Does 3.0 auto complete appointments like 1.2 did? It doesn't appear that it does and I am wondering if there is a sql job to do this. -- Thanks, Brian ...

Using a combo box to determine which field to search.
What I want to do, hopefully, will be simple enough. I want to have a search form that has two fields, one a combo box and the other an unbound field. I want the combo box to list the different fields within a table that I want to search. I want the unbound field to be where I enter the criteria for searching the field that I selected in the combo box. In the past I usually just created an unbound form and created unbound fields for each field and then call the fields to the query. This has always worked well enough but thought It would be easier using 2 fields as opposed to many. ...

Google vs the new Windows Live Desktop Search (tool bar) and Outlook
a) Google finds everything and quickely b) Google Desktop Search crashes Outlook 2003 when a manual "send & recieve" is done with at least one HTTP account. c) The new Windows Live Tool Bar Desktop Search (with Outlook integration) is stable and has a nice "conversation" feature to follow an email "thread". d) The new Windows Desktop search fails to find email in Outlook Has anyone else experienced these issues and / or have solutions? Thank you Try Copernic Desktop Search. http://www.copernic.com/ I find it superior to both MS and Google Regards Mark D...

Any utilities to search for files with bad names
Is there any command I can use to find invalid file names? We have a lot of mac users and I've seen a few invalid file names spaces at the beginning end, crazy punctuation - even saw files with weird space invader type characters. "boe" <boe_d@nospammyhotmail.com> wrote in message news:hmf7h0$tc8$1@speranza.aioe.org... > Is there any command I can use to find invalid file names? We have a lot > of mac users and I've seen a few invalid file names spaces at the > beginning end, crazy punctuation - even saw files with weird space invader ...

Microsoft "Search Enhancement Pack"
I have tolerated this window ( Search Enhancement Pack-version 2.0.48.0) appearing on re-boot for quite a while(>6 months) and I have, on Googling,been surprised to find many others have the same prob. I am running XP/SP3/wlm.Is there a solution to this prob.Please advise. ALSO Is this a way to go:- {C/Prog. files/Microsoft/Search Enhancement Pack/delete }a good way to go? I'm not very happy making reg changes. Kind regards Pedro Greetings Pedro, Usually uninstalling it will do the trick. To do so, press the Windows key and R to bring up the Run window, the paste th...

Search with a Combo Box
Hello all, I have a question that probably has an easy answer and I'm just too fried to come up with the right phraseology to get the answer I need from the Newsgroup. I have a form and the source is the tbl_Company. I want to be able to open the form on the combobox (this is done), and be able to start typing the first few letter and the name would either pop up or do a "not in list" thing. "Not in List" I'm sure I can find, I've seen it before. It's the typing thing that won't work. It does work in the form for entering a purchase ord...

Appoint Synch Question
We have User A enter in appointments through CRM for User B. Once the sync occurs and User B is in Outlook, the appointments appear on User B's outlook calendar. We have an issue though when User B is out of the office and User A schedules an appointment for them. User A usually checks User B's Outlook calendar prior to scheduling appointments. If User B isn't online, then User A cannot see the appointments that have been recently scheduled for User B and proceeds to add an appointment for a time slot that may already be reserved. Is there anyway around this issue? Is ...

Creating a search button/macro..google style..
Hallo guys, I have a set of raw data to work with: I'd like to know any functions/macros to buld some sort of 'searc engine' that coud direct me to the data.. e.g. sheet 1 raw data: a b c d 1 a1 b1 c1 d1 2 a2 b2 c2 d2 3 ... ... ... ... 4 ... ... ... ... sheet 2 search: search box/button/etc search:_a1__________ enter result: a 1 *a1* I hope you understand what I need, is not a very simple task.. -- nixis0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nixis00's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&a...

Appointments off by 2 hours in Outlook calendar synchronization
We are running CRM 3.0 and are having an issue with some of our Service Activity appointments showing up 2 hours earlier than the time set on the Service Activity. This appears to be happening randomly. I have not figured out what exact situation this happens in yet. I was hoping someone might have some insight. Derek Smith You might want to take a look at the time zone settings for your resources and end users in CRM. This would impact what you see in your service calendar. "Derek Smith" wrote: > We are running CRM 3.0 and are having an issue with some of our Service...

Outlook 2003 Search Folders/PST Problem
When search folders are set up on PST files, and then are assigned as Favorite Folders, the disappear from the Favorite Folders list evey time Outlook2003 is closed; and they sporadically need to be reindexed (they go inactive) while Outlook is running. This occurs ONLY with PSTs that have been created since Outlook2003 was installed - and does not matter if you select the 2000/2002 setting or the 2003 setting when creating the PST file that will be searched. Older PSTs do not have this problem when indexed and searched with Search Folders. Already tried resetting the Navigation ...

Color coding appointments on a shared calendar
My office has set up a shared office calendar that everyone in the office can see and make changes to. Appointments have been set up and color coded using automatic formatting (each person was assigned a label and their appointments show up in that color). The problem I have is that if I set up an appointment it is automatically formatted like it should be but when some one else views the calendar on their computer the color formats are not there. Is there a way to color appointments so that no matter who sets it up we all see the color it is? How is the calendar shared? Ex...

Search Tool for my PST File
Dear All Any body aware of a search tool within my PST files? I have alot of PST archive files in which I frequently use for certain information. The problem is that these PST files are not indexed which means I can not search them using Outlook 2007 running on Vista. Any Advice? Regards Why not just index them? Open them in Outlook (File->Open->Outlook Data = File) as you can have many .pst files open in one Outlook session. Then = your search options are increased and your frustration index is = decreased - hopefully. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to...