Searching Archived Sent Items...?

Howdy,

I am running OL2000.

I have imported my archive folders so they appear in the folder tree.
I can scroll through the various archived folders with no trouble.

But, I cannot seem to get any aspect of the Find (or advanced Find)
function to work.

I needed to find a particular message to a certain colleague. No
matter how I search, nothing is found, this, despite the fact that
hundreds of messages to her are in plain view.

For example, the "To:" field displays as "Suzie.Smith@herDomain.com
but searching the "To:" field for "Suzie" or "Smith" or "Susie.Smith"
all come up empty.

That is true for all of the archived folders.
I should add that the find functionality in my (non-archived) Inbox
works just fine.

What might I be missing here?

Thanks for any help,

--
Kenneth

How to recover a sent email from .edb/.stm or log files?
Howdy, Is there any way to recover an email that a user sent through our Exchange 2003 server? I've got the .edb the .stm and the log files for that user's Exchange Store, but I don't know if it's possible to extract the file? Thanks in advance!!! you have several 3rd party software that extracts mails from edb. http://www.officerecovery.com/exchangeserver/ "Jeff" <jeff80@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1168647497.378172.255870@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > Howdy, > > Is there any way to recover an email that a user sent through our > Ex...

SOP Invoice with Item's image
Hello, I have a request to print item's image at each item line on the SOP Blank Invoice. The image can be either stored on the Item Master's Note (as attachmenet) or on the Internet information - image. Anyone can advice me whether this is possible to be done in Report Writer? If cannot, what are the possible solution? Thanks May Unfortunately this cannot be done in report writer due to dexterity limitation, you will need to use Crystal Report for such operation. -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohd...

Searching for Newsgroups

Search & replace in formulae

Search engine optimization

Cant find committed items
I have a problem in RMS that i am seeing over and over again in the database The common situation i am seeing is my inventory shows quantity on hand as being 1 (or any number for that matter) and committed as being 1. The problem is that quite often I do not know where these items are being commited too. I checked layaways, backorders, workorders etc. but cannot find the item anywhere. Any suggestions would eb appreciated. Thanks, Matt Nashat thanks for your response what you said is true but i forgot to mention that I had already checked the transfers and currently i have no open/u...

Outlook2003 archiving issues
Hi, I'm trying to use the archiving functionality (menu file-archive) but i'm having issues. Basically I set a date and I want to archive anything before it. For some messages it works and for other it doesn't (which should work). Any hints? Thanks Andrea The archiving engine looks at the following properties on a message to determine eligibility for archiving. Received date Sent date Last Modified date Do not archive bit If any of the date fields are blank, then the date is treated as 1.1.4501. Therefore the item would never be archived. (The only time I've seen a d...

BOM
Hi Folks I have defined a Labour Service Item in my Inventory Masterfile. As it is a service item it does not have a unit cost. I'm needing to use it as part of a BOM. When I do the assembly transaction I would like to cause a recovery to my Labour expense account by having access to the value for the labour item. I can see that for my conventional Sales Inventory items in the BOM the system will use the unit cost of my lot for those items, but my service item is a problem. If you cannot have a cost of that service item pull through onto the BOM, then what use is it to inc...

excel VBA

Multiple fields using to search
Hi, Something i've been batteling for weeks with and theres probably such a simple answer to it and i just cant see it: Riiiight, i have this form (lets call it frmClientSearch) On this form i have a 2 list box thinghys; One called lstEmployee which is populated with Employee names and the other lstCity which is populated with City Names. Then i have a command button (cmdSearch) which, once click and values selected in both the lst boxes, should return only the values that are equal to both the lst boxes in a new form called frmSearchResult. (Hope i make sense) So... I know how ...

Search, Search, Thanks
In the last couple of weeks I have been fighting with different ways o synching my laptop and my home pc. I have ended up with numerou duplicate entries, duplicate address books and duplicate contact lists ALL of my questions/problems I was able to resolve simply by searchin through the forums. Chances are if you have a problem you're not th first. There are some really good people on these forums that know alo more about Outlook than I do. Just my .02 Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages dir...

Including imap folders in outlook 2003 search folders
Dear all, Is it possible to include imap accounts/folders as providers for "virtual" search folders in outlook 2003? At the moment, I only see the option to check folders in my personal folders but not to include imap folders. The reason that I ask is that I would like to be able to get a complete view of follow up tasks across all my accounts (1 pop3, 2 imap and 1 hotmail). Only the pop3 account gets delivered into the personal folders and is included in the follow up a nd unread search folders. Thanks for your help in advanced. Raj ...

How to extract e-mail addresses from received and sent e-mails?
I am using Outlook 2002 / XP, and I'd like to extract all of the e-mail addresses from every e-mail I've ever received or sent. Basically, I want to send a "change of e-mail address" update to everyone I've ever corresponded with. I do have an address book, but I do a poor job of keeping it up (I often find myself hunting through recently received e-mail to find someone's address). I'd like them in some kind of comma-separated file, to use with a mail-merge application I have. Thanks! -dan see exlife @ ornic.com. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, ...

Disable listbox items...
I have created a program which contains a listbox with 100+ items. I want to distribute a sample program by disabling approx 90% of the items in the listbox (but allow the potential user/buyer to see them). I have searched the newsgroups and understand I need to create an owner drawn listbox but could not find any sample code that made any sense. Could someone enlighten me with some sample code? Thanks, RAB_Missouri Do it as owner-draw, and draw the disabled items grayed out. Then if the user clicks on one, or double-clicks on one, refuse to deal with it. To do this, you will probably pu...

Display search results
Using OneNote 2010 Beta: file tabs are on the left; how can I make search result tabs appear on the right? Now they don't appear at all: the first search result is displayed in the middle of the screen (that's fine) but no way to move to the next search result, nor any way to scrool them all the search results. I'd like to see all the search result tabs listed on the right so I can choose the one I want (as was the case with the version of OneNote that got replaced by 2010 beta). Many thanks for any help. -- CH I can't really visualize what you want, but h...

Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? For example, a cell may have a formula such as =3+5 You can search and find the 3 or the 5. The cell with show 8, is it possible to search for an 8 and have it find this cell? TIA Yes. In the Search dialog, choose Options and select Look in Values. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "berj" <berj@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:WbednSOFT7Cbp57fRVn-1Q@adelphia.com... > Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? > > For example, a cell may have a formula such as > > =3+5 >...

Search Form Problems
I have a form that has two fields in it. The first field is for a ID number, and the other is for the projects name. I am having a problem with using the form for as a search tool. Some of the values are duplicates in the drop down, I wanted to know how to properly filter the combo box so that the values can only be seen once. The Row Source is the name of the table that the fields are from, however this only words for the ID combo box and not the project name one. For some reason the values are from the ID column in the project name's combo box as well. To counter this problem, I si...

DATE sort bar has disappeared from SENT box
I've inexplicably lost my DATE sort bar in my SENT box. Outlook 2002, XP Pro. I've dug here and scratched there, but cannot uncover an answer as to why it's missing and how to get it back. Hit the OfficeUpdate.com website to engage in Office XP SP 1 and/or 2...I'm current, but alas, still no DATE sort bar in the SENT folder. One little bar--so valuable--so easily mis-placed! Thanks for any advice-- Timmo in AK Try right-clicking in the gray title bar, then select to customize your current view. Click on the "Fields" button to see the list of available fi...

How can I search for a phrase within thousands of documents 2003 search I searched for "Trust" in document name and "special needs" within document -- Irritated 2007 Word User You could do that by modifying the code in the article "Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm probably in combination with the code in the article "Insert into a document the names of all files in a selected folder” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/InsertFileNames.htm ...

Autosave mail sent from delegated mailbox
I'd like to autosave all mail sent from User Xs mailbox in his inbox. His mailbox inbox is available to three different users who all have it added to their Exchange account. This way I'm able to auto-create readable conversations in his inbox and all users can see which mail have been replied to from this mailbox and what the reply was. best You would have to write an event sink. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Kristofer" <Kristofer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA61E72C-9405-4BF...

search
Why is it when I search (for a posting I listed) I never get any hits. I know I posted a message. I even search for a message on the screen and get nothing. mvestel@lbl.gov Sorry, that's not enough info. It should work if the parameters are configured correctly. Can you be more specific about how it fails? "Michael Vestel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45bb01c39f70$922026c0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Why is it when I search (for a posting I listed) I never > get any hits. I know I posted a message. I even search > for a message on ...