Search, Search, Thanks

In the last couple of weeks I have been fighting with different ways o
synching my laptop and my home pc. I have ended up with numerou
duplicate entries, duplicate address books and duplicate contact lists
ALL of my questions/problems I was able to resolve simply by searchin
through the forums. Chances are if you have a problem you're not th
first. There are some really good people on these forums that know alo
more about Outlook than I do.

Just my .02
Thank

edit email search field cache
Hi, I'm trying to edit or delete the drop down menu of search terms in the search toolbar in Outlook 2002 (i.e. in the search toolbar, there's a list of items that I've searched for previously that I'd like removed). I'd really appreciate any help. thanks, Alex Use the arrow key to go to the one you want to remove and hit the delete key on your keyboard. If you want to completely delete the entire cache, with Outlook closed search for the hidden file outlook.nk2 and delete it. Those are your only 2 choices for editing it. "Alex" <basstoy@hotmail.com...

How to search a table/query for a date range
I have an Access DB that contain multiple form, queries, tables, and reports. I have one query that containes a various about of information (Name, Title, Hire Date). I have a form created with two text boxes and a command button. The user is suppsed to enter a start date and an end date then press the command button. The employees that fit into the date range get displayed. You do I get this to work? Right now it only didplays all the information. I am tring to get the date ranges to function. On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:59:36 -0800, bzeyger <bzeyger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

Email search
Cannot search for an email by the content of an email body ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b9c5b3f0-1905-497a-89f2-4e7d2eedfcbf&dg=microsoft.public.crm ...

payroll transaction entry window needs search capability
many times there are hundreds or thousands of transactions in this window. To have to scroll to find the transaction you need to edit is very time-consuming. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGrou...

Enable to search PDF attachments in Outlook 2007
Hello, I use to search my Adobe Acrobat attachments, with instant search in outlook 2007, but after buying a new laptop, I have reinstalled everything, and moved the Outlook data file, I am no more able to do that, Please help, Regards Dou Have you re-installed Adobe Acrobat? It provides the Outlook add-on to preview and (I believe) search .PDFs. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Still Cadillacin' - www.bad...

Thanks Tom & JS
Superjob folks! Jim, It helps if you keep to the original thread, even when giving welcome thanks. Regards Bob Phillips "Jim Badinger" <jbadinger@comcast.net> wrote in message news:70a001c358ea$72655160$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Superjob folks! ...

Parameter query in which you can search for any word
Hi guys, I have created a basic parameter query, but when I type in a search term only the exact match results are returned. Is it possible to change a setting somewhere so that when i search through the parameter query, the search will look for anything containing the terms i have entered. For example if i look for "Knowledge" only results with that specific word are returned but there are also results with "Knowledge Management" which are not returned. I would like to be able to type "Kno*" for example and everything beginning with that and whatever els...

Search for strings
If I use the line of code (not using vba)....... =COUNTIF(R1C1:R36C1,"COUNCIL TAX - General queries") ........ then it works fine. However if i put this into vba using a macro then it doesn't work. Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIf(range("R2C1:R35C1"), "COUNCIL TA - General queries*") Totally stuck here, Will keep trying, but does anyone understand this Thanks Guys. Dav -- David49 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- David494's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2448 View...

thanking adout life. who,who,who
take to me! what up out there.looking for a bff. love michelle frome los angeles. "michelle renee suazo" <xxxxx_xxxxx@zzzzz.zzz> wrote > take to me! what up out there.looking for a bff. > love michelle frome los angeles. You are "looking for love in all the wrong places", Michelle. This newsgroup is devoted to technical discussion of and questions and answers about Microsoft Access database software. You may, also, want to change your e-mail, because you just exposed it to thousands around the world, some of whom are spammers who harvest ...

search data
I need to seach a cell range (C2: C last cell) for a specific string. Once found i need to delete the entire row and continue searching. Can someone help me with this? Thanks. search help for find next. -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Daniel M" <DanielM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B86D78C-9BEB-4BFC-9181-0F0C082866A1@microsoft.com... >I need to seach a cell range (C2: C last cell) for a specific string. Once > found i need to delete the entire row and continue searching. Can someone > help me with this? Thanks. hi, Dani...

Clip art search gets no results (Publisher 2003)
One of our organisation's computers gets no results (or perhaps 1 or 2 items) when searching clip art for very common terms like dog or flags. These terms bring up many hits when searched on other computers. Things I've already checked (after reading Mary Sauer's suggestions): - The computer is connected to the internet - The cache has been emptied - The online content settings are correct You may not be able to use the Clip Organizer to view Web Collections when you run an Office 2003 program http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839365 -- Mary Sauer MS...

Long Pause When Clicking On Search Fields In MS CRM 4
We're experiencing long pauses between clicking the "Search For Records" field and the cursor becoming active in MS CRM 4. It is particularly bad on the Contacts page. We're seeing this issue across different browsers running on different platforms. The largest install base is XP with IE7. Has anyone else had such issues? ...

Associating task with a contact
Hi, I'm connected to an exchange server. Under 2007 I often have contacts that I create tasks for. I do this with the "create task" button in the contact window. When I do that, the task now has the current contact in its "Contacts:" entry. The nice thing is I could open up the "activities" view of the contacts window and see all the tasks I'd assign. In 2010 Outlook seems to have lost the ability to find those tasks. I can turn on the view in the contact window, but nothing ever shows up (infact, the little "searching" icon n...

Search for Unique words/phrase
I am trying to do a search on a specific phrase but everytime i put it in I get all kinds of hits with just parts of the phrase. I am trying to search for I-129 if anyone can help ...

Advanced Find, Instant Search and Indexing
1) I just transferred my PST file to a new computer, but there are still 65000 items left to index, so the instant search says it won't work. And it doesn't. I left my PC on all night -- what do I need to do in order to expedite the indexing? It's worth mentioning my PC does log off me as a user after so much idle time. Does the user need to be logged in for indexing to take place? If so, how do I extend the time it takes before Windows XP logs me out? 2) The Advanced Find doesn't work either. It doesn't find messages that I can see are in there, for example it doesn&...

GUID Search tool??
I'm getting the following error message: "Mapi session "abcd" exceeded the maximum of 250 objects of type 'objtMessage'" In all the technet articles, the "abcd" text is something like "/o=First Organization/ou=First Administrative Group..."etc In my event log, it lists the entire GUID, such as "63da35ae-6b5b-494e-bbce-196332d61efd"... which doesn't tell me who's causing the problem in the first place. Anyone know of a way I can do a reverse lookup to find this information? Bill ...

Searching
Am I correct that I cannot use the Outlook 2002 FIND function to search for anything if it is in an Outlook 2002 archive? Beemer In article <MPG.1a678cc6bc6bd9d298968a@news.microsoft.com>, Beemer@nowhere.com says... > Am I correct that I cannot use the Outlook 2002 FIND function to > search for anything if it is in an Outlook 2002 archive? > > Beemer > No response to my post After archiving I find that I cannot search for text in the archive. Is this normal? Beemer ...

Windows Search 01-26-10
Since I had my operating system restored windows search no longer opens at search companion. The search screen opens and says windows search is not running although I can click search companion at the bottom of this page and search as normal. If I click the search icon in the task bar on my desktop it is ticked index now. If I click windows search option it comes up indexing location not running, included locations exclude. If I click index now nothing happens. Help please. -- cgee What was restored, who did it, and how did they do it? cgee wrote: > Since I had m...

Searching for Bitmap image file path
I am using Access 2003. In the Northwind sample database, there is a table named Categories and it has a field named Pictures. In Datasheet view, the Picture field for all the records have the words "Bitmap image." Each record has a different picture. I cannot figure out how to trace the file path for any of the field items. I can't find the folder that contains the pictures. How would I find the file path for any reference for an image that has been inserted in a field for any database? The images in the Picture field, in the Categories table, are not external files (un...

Search folder for conversations in which I participate
Hello, I have found myself plugin which allows me to download newsgroups into my personal folders. Now I want to be able to create a search folder in Outlook 2003 which finds all conversations in which I participate. Is this at all possible with Outlook 2003? Thanks in advance! No, just individual messages. But when you create a custom Search folder and use the Advanced tab you can set criteria so it pickes up names with your name in the from field and with your name in the body (to pick up the replies). You should cover just about all the messages then. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij....

CRM 3.0 error message "Full Text Search not installed"
Did install my Action-Pack SW (received in July 06) SBS2003R2, SQL 2005 and all updates,upgrades an patches on new server and want to run CRM 3.0. But after CRM installation process scaned my pc I got the errormessage no full text search installt on this pc. Altouhg FTS works fine on the website CRM does not recognize it. Can anyone tell me what might be the cause of it? Andre, This might be the SQL Full text search, go back and try reinstalling adding Full Text serach to SQL. Jeff Loucks 888-474-2237 MVP On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 01:23:01 -0800, Andre <Andre@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Search for record that requires two search terms
I have a table where the records are uniquely identified by a combination of two fields ChildAOLTermID and PhotoID. I want to use a combo on a form to look up records in the table. In the AfterUpdate event: DoCmd.SearchForRecord , , acFirst, "[ChildAOLTermID] = " & Me.cboFindRecord.Column(0) works but doesn't get me to the precise record I need because the PhotoID side of the record is not being specified. However, if I add that so that the search looks like: DoCmd.SearchForRecord , , acFirst, "[ChildAOLTermID] = " & Me.cboFindRecord.Column(0) And "[Phot...

Search Inactive Records
After Applying Rolloup 3 now we can not search for Inactive records, I have tried the following proceudres but not luck yet, does anyone has an Idea what else can we do: Option 1*. - Export the entity. Open the xml file. - Search for the "savedquery" which has a "isquickfindquery" value of "1". This saved query has two blocks of filters. The first contains the 'active' filter which you can not edit in the CRM UI. - Delete this first filter from the XML file and save it. Your XML will look like this: <savedquery> <iscustomizable name="N...

Searching Multiple Timesheets for a project code and then....
I need some help on this one!! I am trying to scan multiple timesheets in excel for a project code and then capturing the hours worked for that project. I then need to have the hours worked summed on a different work sheet to track hours worked for multiple disciplines on one engineering project. (See below for example) Example: Timesheet 1: Monday Tueday Wednesday Thursday Friday Project 'A' 4 2 8 0.5 0 Project 'B' ...

recordset
this form use to show to search a certain record in frmFindQuoteSheet and after seleting in listbox(frmFindQuoteSheet) they will click the cmdFind to pull the record and the form frmQuoteSheetMaster form appeared with the selected record. I'm having run time error 2450 Can't find form 'frmQuoteSheetMaster' referred to in a macro expression or visual basic code. Thank you so much in advance.... Private Sub cmdFind_Click() Dim frm As Form Dim rst As Object Set frm = Forms!frmQuoteSheetMaster Set rst = frm.Recordset.Clone rst.FindFirst "[Placing_ID] = " & &qu...