Search Problems with Outlook 2007

I have been using Outlook 2007 for the last 2 months with no problems except
that lately my "search" is not working correctly.
I have emails going back to 1999 in the Inbox, and for some reason, when I
try to search my old messages (using email address, subject or text within
the message), Outlook never finds anything, eventhough I can find them
MANUALLY if I scroll up and down.

With about 6,000 messages in my Inbox, this is horrible and time-wasting.
I have tried changin the search options (this is the little Search Inbox)
but to no avail!   How can this be fixed that inside this box it finds/flags
any of my choices.   I have also tried to use "Add Criteria", but it's not
helpful.

I never had such a problem with Outlook 2000, 2003 or XP.

Please advise!

I have the wame problem with Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate.
Previously, I was able to search properly, but now it is consistently
unable to find anything.
I have restarted Outlook, restarted Vista, and rebuilt the index
without success.
I have installed the recommended updates and run the Office
Diagnostics.
Suggestions are appreciated.

On May 6, 11:07 pm, "Michael B."
<mystic02removethisple...@verizon.net> wrote:
> I have been usingOutlook2007 for the last 2 months with no problems except
> that lately my "search" is not working correctly.
> I have emails going back to 1999 in the Inbox, and for some reason, when I
> try tosearchmy old messages (using email address, subject or text within
> the message),Outlooknever finds anything, eventhough I can find them
> MANUALLY if I scroll up and down.
>
> With about 6,000 messages in my Inbox, this is horrible and time-wasting.
> I have tried changin thesearchoptions (this is the littleSearchInbox)
> but to no avail!   How can this be fixed that inside this box it finds/flags
> any of my choices.   I have also tried to use "Add Criteria", but it's not
> helpful.
>
> I never had such aproblemwithOutlook2000, 2003 or XP.
>
> Please advise!

0
tyoung1 (3)
5/9/2007 5:20:04 PM
Hi,

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one.

It's getting worse and worse, as it seems like it will only back-search for
the last 30 days now.  And I have emails back from 7 years that I need to
find/reffer to!

Anyone, any MVP's know about this?

"team" <tyoung@entrenet.com> wrote in message
>I have the wame problem with Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate.
> Previously, I was able to search properly, but now it is consistently
> unable to find anything.
> I have restarted Outlook, restarted Vista, and rebuilt the index
> without success.
> I have installed the recommended updates and run the Office
> Diagnostics.
> Suggestions are appreciated.
>
> On May 6, 11:07 pm, "Michael B."
> <mystic02removethisple...@verizon.net> wrote:
>> I have been usingOutlook2007 for the last 2 months with no problems
>> except
>> that lately my "search" is not working correctly.
>> I have emails going back to 1999 in the Inbox, and for some reason, when
>> try tosearchmy old messages (using email address, subject or text within
>> the message),Outlooknever finds anything, eventhough I can find them
>> MANUALLY if I scroll up and down.
>>
>> With about 6,000 messages in my Inbox, this is horrible and time-wasting.
>> I have tried changin thesearchoptions (this is the littleSearchInbox)
>> but to no avail!   How can this be fixed that inside this box it
>> finds/flags
>> any of my choices.   I have also tried to use "Add Criteria", but it's
>> not
>> helpful.
>>
>> I never had such aproblemwithOutlook2000, 2003 or XP.
>>
>> Please advise!

I think that I did find a solution... so far, its working, but it took a
while to re-index:

"For solving the problem, go to the Start menu, Programs, Microsoft Office,
Microsoft Office Tools, and then select Microsoft Office Diagnostics.
This will run for a while and re-index all your folders in Outlook,
successfully solving the problem. Note that rebuilding the index in Vista's
control panel does not fix the problem, but is a good place to start."

http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-72723-Outlook-2007-search-in-Vista-no-results.html

I ran both of them, and although the Microsoft Office Diagnostics reported
NO PROBLEMS, suddenly, the search is finding all of my results in Outlook
2007.

"team" <tyoung@entrenet.com> wrote in message
>I have the wame problem with Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate.
> Previously, I was able to search properly, but now it is consistently
> unable to find anything.
> I have restarted Outlook, restarted Vista, and rebuilt the index
> without success.
> I have installed the recommended updates and run the Office
> Diagnostics.
> Suggestions are appreciated.
>
> On May 6, 11:07 pm, "Michael B."
> <mystic02removethisple...@verizon.net> wrote:
>> I have been usingOutlook2007 for the last 2 months with no problems
>> except
>> that lately my "search" is not working correctly.
>> I have emails going back to 1999 in the Inbox, and for some reason, when
>> try tosearchmy old messages (using email address, subject or text within
>> the message),Outlooknever finds anything, eventhough I can find them
>> MANUALLY if I scroll up and down.
>>
>> With about 6,000 messages in my Inbox, this is horrible and time-wasting.
>> I have tried changin thesearchoptions (this is the littleSearchInbox)
>> but to no avail!   How can this be fixed that inside this box it
>> finds/flags
>> any of my choices.   I have also tried to use "Add Criteria", but it's
>> not
>> helpful.
>>
>> I never had such aproblemwithOutlook2000, 2003 or XP.
>>
>> Please advise!

Receipt modification Problem
I am trying to modify the header of the reciept to reflect current business practices and have something wrong with the XML code. What I am trying to do is set a different text for the store name based on a variable contained in the sales rep field. Every customer of our business is assigned a sales rep that is actually the sales channel they use to reach our store. I would like invoices, work orders, packing slips to have the correct store name at the top depending on what sales rep is associted with the customer.sale. Receipt variable I want to replace is <TEXT> Configuration.Sto...

Problem with data using IF and Nested IF statements possibly???
Afternoon All I am attempting to analyse data from multiple worksheets from numerous people the incoming data all has one thing in common column A this is a certain frequency a job is done. The problem is that there are many ways of entering the data ie 12 months or 52 weeks or 365 days all essentially meaning the same thing. My idea is to collate the data in col A and then using the Helper column as the standard frequencies ie if cell A1 = 12 months, closes frequency in helper is 52 weeks therefore value in C1 = 52 weeks. By using an IF statement I can change the value of one frequen...

Outlook
Please disregard my previous posting. I am trying to send a Bulk Mailing through Microsoft Outlook using a contact list. I am using the mail merge function on Microsoft outlook but when I get to the end of completing this, I am getting a MAP1 - unspecified error. Has anyone everyone heard of this and now how to fix it? Thanks for your help. Rachel ...

OMA Problems
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. We have a Front end / back end setup with OWA working fine with and without forms based authentication. I understand there is a problem with SSL/Forms based authentication, so to get OMA working we have disabled this. However we get the following error messages:- Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeOMA Event Category: (1000) Event ID: 1503 Date: 19/02/2006 Time: 20:15:14 User: N/A Computer: FRONTEND Description: An unknown error occurred while processing the current request: Message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size...

OUTLOOK MAIL #10
I am haveing trouble with my outlook express. I can recieve messages sometimes, but not others. Can anyone help? tfragnito wrote: > I am haveing trouble with my outlook express. I can recieve messages > sometimes, but not others. Can anyone help? Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft...

Problems with Window in Dialog Owner Draw? #3
I have the following problem. When my app calls HttpOpenRequest() for third time it allways fails. After that each call to HttpOpenRequest() fails. After several fails, even COM doesn't work (each try to create any object fails). It seems that I am running out of resources, handles or memory (because of memory leaks)? How can I check what exactly is wrong? Can I use Windows Task manager? How? What is the maximum number of handles per one executable? You can use Task Manager to check for resource usage. You can look in the Output window to see a list of memory leaks when your debug pr...

Permissions problem #2
I have used the "Delegate Control" wizard to give myself full (Exchange Full Administrator) control. When I add a mailbox through the "View or Change Settings" in the control panel then attempt to open the folder in Outlook I see the message: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location." I am guessing it is a permissions issue. Anyone have some troubleshooting ideas for me? TIA. -Steven- Exchange Full Admins have an inherited Deny placed on Send As/Receive As on the mailbox store. Send As/...

How do I set up an email account for outlook
I use a laptop IBM Thinkpad and I have connect it to ADSL network I can connect to Outlook but when I connect it to Spacestream (Internet via Satellite) it does not log on to the server. Please help. Jara <Jara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I use a laptop IBM Thinkpad and I have connect it to ADSL network I > can connect to Outlook but when I connect it to Spacestream (Internet > via Satellite) it does not log on to the server. Please help. Care to give more detail, like your version of Outlook, how you've configured your account, and what error messages you get?...

Problem Reconciling Account
When I try to reconcile my account, Money complains that "the starting balance entered from your statement does not match the starting balance from your money records". However, when I use MoneyLink to import the data for the affected account, the sum of the reconciled amounts DOES match the starting total of my statement. In order to proceed, I entered a different date for the statement, said that the start and end totals were the same, and proceeded to ignore the error. Money then said that there was a difference between cleared and statement values of $39.01. What's...

Money+ Auto Download Problem
I erroneously posted this in MoneyCentral and was nicely told this is the correct forum for the post. Forgive the cross-post. I had been a Money 2007 user but had not kept it up-to-date. I got religion and decided to install Money Plus when prompted by the pop-up that a new version was available. I deleted my old accounts, installed Money Plus, created two new accounts (checking & credit), downloaded my checking and credit account from BOA without any problem. Next time I started Money+ the software was trying to download from a third BOA account, (not the checking & credit ...

What info is stored in the Outlook Profile?
Just curious. What does the profile contain? FWIW, I'm thinking of Outlook on a home machine using Pop, not a machine on a domain and with Exchange server. -- a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m Harrison for Congress in NY 13CD www.harrison06.com Don't blame me. I voted for Gore. A Proud signature since 2001 It doesn't matter where Outlook is running. The mail profile itself = always contains information about the accounts, information stores, and = address lists used in that particulr profile.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook ...

AfterUpdate Problem
I need to flash an "RE-ORDER ALERT" message after inventory level falls below re-order level. The message only flashes up when I move to a next record and back after a DoCmd.Save. I need the message to flash immediate after a Save. Note. The message is a flashing label on the form. Thank you. Perhaps you could code it to actually flash before DoCmd.Save is processed. Once you're into that code string, it will be run. Or, maybe consider a Message Box. I like this idea because it forces the user to interact with the reorder message. No one can say "I didn'...

Searching for Newsgroups

Why is it so slow to use outlook to view hotmail account?
I am trying Office outlook for my hotmail email account. As I use OE before and it is very fast when I switch between folders. I setted up a hotmail account in office outlook, and It became so slow to show the folder contents when I click the folder, all of email headers in folder "inbox" and "sent items" have been downloaded, and some emails have been read. Please advise me how to make outlook fast working with hotmail or msn email account. ...

Search & replace in formulae

Search engine optimization

BUG: Outlook treats new message window as a dialog box
Applies to: Outlook 2000/2002/2003 (possibly also earlier versions, but not tested) Tested with: OL 2000 on Windows 98 SE OL 2003 on Windows XP Pro SP2 SYMPTOMS When Outlook is called externally to create a new message, it will treat the new message window as a dialog box. This has the consequence that the whole application is locked until one disposes of the "dialog box" either by sending the message or closing it. An alternative scenario is such that Outlook is not running, and the call is made to create a new message. In such case, if one attempts to start Outlook, one gets the...

Outlook locks up all the time
This is a shot in the dark. Ever since getting my new Thinkpad with Windows XP, Outlook has never seemed to work properly. I've run diagnostics on my machine and nothing comes up as a problem. I've installed a spyware program because after talking to IBM tech support, they suggested I try that. I also talked to another support tech, who suggested I reinstall Windows completely. I'm not a real technical person. Won't a re-install wipe out my files? Most of the time that I use Outlook for my email, it slows down and eventually locks up. When I restart my computer,...

Problems with controls in MFC !
I inserted 2 ComboBoxes Controls in a MDI Child FormView. I have defined 2 class member variables of type CComboBox using ClassWizard (tab variables) to manage the controls but each time I try to use these variables to call a CCombox method (or inherited methods from CWnd) especially EnableWindow() the call raises an assertion failure on ASSERT(IsWindow(h_Wnd)) Test in EnableWindow() method in file winocc.cpp . h_Wnd seems to be NULL I encountered the same problem with a Datagrid control. I have eahc time to call getDlgItem(IDC_DATAGRID) to get a instance of the control. Why it is not possibl...

How do I set Outlook as my default email
I have OE and O - want only to use O. Have set up my email account in O - that is set as the default option - but still email goes into OE. Test messages composed in/sent from O also go into OE. I can retrieve them in O - by clicking send/receive - but they immediately delete. Think I have missed something. Shall I unistall OE? Anthony A <Anthony A@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have OE and O - want only to use O. Have set up my email account in > O - that is set as the default option - but still email goes into OE. If you don't run OE, or you remove the mail acco...

cannot open older word doc with office 2007
When I attempt to open and older word document I get an error that the file type was blocked by your registry policy setting in word 2007 or word 2003. I looked up knowledge base article 922849 and it states to go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Security\FileOpenBlock Only problem is that after microsoft in the tree there is no office. Make sure you going down the correct tree in the Reg Editor. There MUST be an Office section, so you must be following the wrong tree. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "bob" <rlabonte@verizon.n...