Search Folder for Internal Mail

I've asked about this on the MS Group, got a reply, but the
information didn't help. I want a search folder that finds all
unopened mail in the inbox but excludes external mail. I've added the
conditions to exclude @ and <> in the sender's address, but it still
finds the external mail. I've rearranged this rule many times and I
left out the @ which was recommended, but external mail is still
found.

We just came off of GroupWise where the same conditions were used and
the search folder worked. This folder is for one of our executives
that can get up to 800 messages a day. He needs assistance in finding
his internal mail.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

0
smanfredi (7)

The only way to do that would be to write code to create the search folder.
The search folder filter dialog isn't capable enough to do that. The search
condition you would need would be something like the following:

"urn:schemas:httpmail:fromname" LIKE '%/cn=%' AND
"urn:schemas:httpmail:read" = 0

That would check for unread emails from inside the Exchange domain, looking
for "/cn" anywhere in the from to check for an X400 address.

The code to create that folder would look something like this, adjust the
mailbox name and any other strings you want:

Sub InternalEmailSearchFolder()
  Dim sch As Outlook.Search
  Dim strF As String
  Dim strS As String
  Dim strTag As String

  strF = Chr(34) & "urn:schemas:httpmail:fromname" & Chr(34) & " LIKE
'%/cn=%'"

  strF = strF & " AND " & Chr(34) & "urn:schemas:httpmail:read" & Chr(34) &
" = 0"

  strS = "'//Mailbox - Ken Slovak'"
  strTag = "Search1234"

  Set sch = Application.AdvancedSearch(Scope:=strS, Filter:=strF, _
    SearchSubFolders:=True, Tag:=strTag)

  sch.Save ("Unread Internal")
  Set sch = Nothing
End Sub

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Stars" <smanfredi@waddell.com> wrote in message
> I've asked about this on the MS Group, got a reply, but the
> information didn't help. I want a search folder that finds all
> unopened mail in the inbox but excludes external mail. I've added the
> conditions to exclude @ and <> in the sender's address, but it still
> finds the external mail. I've rearranged this rule many times and I
> left out the @ which was recommended, but external mail is still
> found.
>
> We just came off of GroupWise where the same conditions were used and
> the search folder worked. This folder is for one of our executives
> that can get up to 800 messages a day. He needs assistance in finding
> his internal mail.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

0
kenslovak (742)

allowing only internal network to relay?
We just set up a new Exchange 2003 Sp2 Server, and for some reason, we had a major problem with relaying emails off our server. I want it to only accept mail from our internal network for relaying, since we have some programs and alerts that use this function. How would i make this happen, with no authentication required? Sorry, i just found some info on this NG that i was looking for... Had i just read a little further into some of the posts, i would have found that!! Sorry for the lazy mans approach..... rhalljr wrote: > We just set up a new Exchange 2003 Sp2 Server, and for some...

Forwarding mails to an external account?
Hi, We've just successfully upgraded to Exchange 2003 and all is good and working well, and everyone is pleased... Except for one silly problem... A few users like to forward all their mail to their home accounts - I don't particuarly like this, but it's the MD, so I can't really tell him not to. The new server will not allow him to forward messages automatically by a rule. I had the same problem with exchange 5.5 a long time ago, and I fixed it by enabling out of office replies to internet recipients. Is there such an option in Exchange 2003 that I can enable? I'v...

POP3 Users Unable to Send Mail Outside the Domain
I have a Windows Server 2003 Small Business Server which includes Exchange Server 2003. So far, Exchange has functioned perfectly, except for one detail. Users accessing their mailboxes via a POP3 client such as Outlook 2003 can receive mail, send mail within the domain, but can not send mail outside the domain. I know Exchange is capable of sending mail outside our domain because this functions for users accessing their mailboxes through Outlook 2003’s Microsoft Exchange Server option and Outlook Web Access. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Phantom, this is done intentionally...

search tool?
I have a very simple spreadsheet listing CD's, the list is so large now it can take an age scrolling through it to find a particular CD. Is it possible to add some kind of search tool to the spreadsheet for finding a particular CD, or is there a website that could take me through step by step on how to do this, listing alphabetical is not an option. I would class myself as beginner level, sorry If your data is in nice columns (one field per column), then you may want to select your range and do Data|Filter|Autofilter. If you click on one of the dropdown arrows, you'll see a list of...

Does exchange 2000 support push mail for Windows Mobile 5
Does exchange 2000 support push mail for Windows Mobile 5 pda No - Exchange ActiveSync is part of Exchange Server 2003 - you need SP2 for DirectPush (and MSFP/AKU 2.0) on the wm device). -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "CALEX" <alex813@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1163053355.075490.34660@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > Does exchange 2000 support push mail for Windows Mobile 5 pda > ...

"Attachment Reminder" in Windows Live Mail / Hotmail
Hello, Is there a way of enabling an "attachment reminder" in Windows Live Mail? For example, if my message contains the string "attach", prompt a confirmation at the point of sending the message if no attachment is included on the message. Mozilla Thunderbird has this capability by default and Gmail has an option as well. I am currently considering a transition to the Windows Live system with Windows Live Mail and the Hotmail web interface, but this is a strong deciding factor. As an example of how useful this feature can be, just today I went through ...

Contact Folders Gone
I moved my .pst file from an XP SP3 machine with Office 2007 to a new Windows 7 machine with Office 2007. The address book 'Contacts' shows up but there are no file folders for the other address books. (This .pst is set as the default with one other IMAP file present.) If I go to 'Tools/Address Book . .. .' I can see the other address books in the drop down and there are contacts in them when they are selected in the drop down. How do I set Outlook to display the address book folders? Thank you in advance for any help! Mark Contact Folders will only appe...

Mail Merge and Bulk EMail Flag
When doing a mail merge from CRM within the Outlook Client; Do the administrative flags for a Contact (or Account) such as Bulk Email (Allow, Do Not Allow) have any effect at all??? -- Rick McShane System Source Yes. When the doe not allow flag is set on one of these items, Mail Merge will not send bulk emails to those Accounts or Contacts. Note: In the CRM System Settings (only available to System Administrators or Customizers) in the Marketing Tab, make sure the Bulk Email Option is selected, so the mail merge will work properly. -- Arne Marquez Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posti...

Duplicate messages in folders
I'm using Outlook 98 and W2000. When I download my Email I have a problem with only some of the Yahoo (and other) newsgroups to which I belong, placing double (duplicate) messages in the folder to which they are directed. This only happens with a very few groups and is not limited to only one folder. I have several groups directed to the same folder and some of them duplicate where the rest don't! Any ideas on what causes this and its solution? It's rather irritating! Thanks, glen@ccim.net ...

New e-mail in Public folder
How can i configure my public folder to show new email notification like in the inbox ,ie INBOX(3) "shabha" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:0cd301c4a17f $22920550$a301280a@phx.gbl: > How can i configure my public folder to show new email > notification like in the inbox ,ie INBOX(3) Adding it to favorites should do the trick. Or you can use a mailbox instead of a public folder. Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com Thanks Arlo Moving it to favorites has done the trick, pl...

How do I replicate Personal Folder Meetings into main Outlook Cale
I have an issue that has popped up lately. On my Business email, under Exchange server I've always setup rules to move specific emails to my Personal Folder, since we have a limite for Inbox size. So, all the emails from my boss, colleagues goes into specific Personal folders. With this rule even Meeting Invites are moved there, and IN THE PAST, using Outlook 2003, when I accepted them, it was BOTH created in Outlook Calendar (OST/exchange server), AND, on my Personal folder. However, lately with Outlook 2007, whenever I accept a meeting invite, it ONLY shows up in ...

Sent/deleted mail from Outlook appearing when I access Webmail
Even though I delete all my sent items and empty my deleted items from Outlook every day before leaving the office, if I log onto Webmail later on from home the items still appear in the Sent and Deleted Items folders. Can I stop this from happening? Once an email is deleted, I don't want it back. Are you using exchange server? if you use the option to automatically empty deleted on close, outlook doesn't have a chance to update the server before it closes. Empty deleted items a few minutes before closing outlook. If using imap or pop3 and leave mail on the server, do...

another pst file has attached itself to my all mail folders list
Outlook 2003 I have a few different users and each one has its own pst file with its own individual name. mg.pst or louise.pst etc. Somehow, when I open the mg profile, the louise.pst is also listed in my All Mail Folders List on the left. Right clicking on it to close it, results in the message "the operation failed. An object could not be found". Is there a way to get this out of my mg mail folders list profile list? And how did it get on? TIA Louise Create a new mail profile - yours has somehow become corrupt. Configure it to use your existing .pst file. --� Milly...

From OWA mails are not going out.
Hi , Today i am experiencing a problem with my OWA.I am useing 2003 exchange, where for all users the OWA is enabled. Today when i am trying to send some mails from my client machine using my mail account ,what ever things i have send from OWA account is get saved into Draft,no mails are going out.I checked the OWA status under exchange task, from user account but for all the users OWA is enabled only. I tired by creating my mail account in OUTLOOK and send mails from it,all the mails are going out without any problem and the person to whom i am sending the mails got the mail. Mails can be ...

Copy a particular column of all the Worksheets in a folder in a new worksheet
Hi Please can anyone help me on below query:- I have different workbooks in a folder. All workbooks are of the same format column 1 is having unique identification of rows. Column 32 contain the update of the order (column 1 ) on a particular day. Column 1 of recently added file contain all the orders . say column 1 of day 1 will have 10 entries, column 1 of last file will have all these 10 columns plus new entries. Now I need a macro which can club column 32 of all the files in a new workbook, from column 2 onwards. column 1 will be the same as column 1 of the recently added fil...

Incoming mail message looping in inbox
Hi, I am having problems with an email from a known person with a seemingly legitimate email address that is being sent to a user's inbox every minute exactly. After reading a bit into it, I am pretty sure the problem is not with the client (Outlook 2000), but rather the server (Exchange 2003 SP2). I cannot restart the server until tonight, and am hoping fiddling with some services or perhaps a reboot may help, but does anyone else have anyone advice that may be helpful? Thanks Steve On 2 Mar 2006 20:05:08 -0800, stevep@epra.wa.gov.au wrote: >Hi, > >I am having problems with ...

Tracking changes to a form's fields---still searching for an answe
I have a table and module set up to track all changes made to a record on my form. I am using the following code for the module: Option Compare Database Function LogChanges(lngID As Long, Optional strField As String = "") Dim dbs As DAO.Database Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim varOld As Variant Dim varNew As Variant Dim strFormName As String Dim strControlName As String varOld = Screen.ActiveControl.OldValue varNew = Screen.ActiveControl.Value strFormName = Screen.ActiveForm.Name strControlName = Screen.ActiveControl.Name ...

Somehow I moved my inbox into another folder
Somehow I moved my inbox into deleted folder and now I can't move it back. My outlook is EXCH.. ...

Help: Outlook adds spaces to e-mail addresses!
Dear All, I am using Outlook 2000 SP3 in IMO. When I reply to an e-mail, Outlook sometimes adds spaces to the address of the recipient of the reply. Because I add all senders to my address book automatically, the compose window only shows the name of the person, rather than the raw e-mail address. So I have unintentionally been sending replies to invalid addresses and, worse still, for some reason they do NOT even return bounce messages. So who knows how many messages I have sent that have vanished, and I have assumed the recipient is ignoring them. An example is: someone@internet.com Beco...

Cannot secure access to mail.mydomain.com
I am a new IT person who took over an already installed system with SBS 2003, SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP2. Also, the previous IT person set up the DNS at godaddy.com. I have no internal records pointing to our internal website or anything. I assume that even our people are directed to our website, etc from the Internet. My problem is that if someone types mail.mydomain.com or mail.mydomain.com it takes them to the Windows Small Business Server Home Page and they can access the internal website!! If they type mydomain.com/remote or mail.mydomain.com/remote then they are asked ...

Exchange 2000 Cannot delete mail message
Have several messages in a few mailbox users inboxes that can not be deleted. The local client is a pop account pulling messages down from server. Server shows an e-mail message in inbox but it is not downloading because the file path is not available and therefor can't be moved to local computer. When I view the server database, I can see the message, but can not delete. When I view from command prompt, same results. Can not delete, rename or anything as path is not specified or available...yet it is there. How can I delete this message? Have you tried using MDBVue32 and/o...

mails received and sent are empty
Hi all, I've got problems with mails since this morning. Some users received their mails empty except for subject and attachements. Problem is the same when they send messages, the recipient receive only subject and attachments. The problem is not everywhere, but for almost 50% of my users... We are using outlook 2003 everywhere. The organisation is based on a exchange2k3 cluster, but we still have 5.5 servers. Can it be due to GFI? ...

Outlook 2003
For some reason, *ALL* incoming mail now arrives into my Junk folder. And if that's not bad enough, if I right-click on one of those emails, and put its domain on the safe list, the very next day, mail from that domain will, once again, arrive into the Junk folder. The only changes I've done with Outlook 2003 is installing Earthlink's Spamblocker Outlook add-in, a couple weeks ago. I'm wondering if it might be the culprit. But these problems started just a couple days ago. Anyone have an idea how to fix this? Thanks! First thing to do is to uninstall the spam bl...

Sudden change in "Sent" folder
Yesterday, my "Sent" folder showed sent messages listed by the addressee, that is, the first column was "To." Suddenly this morning, it says "From" and I have no idea how to find a message by the recipient! This is a major inconvenience! Whahoppen??? You probably changed the view on your Sent Items folder by mistake. The default view for the Sent Items folder is "Sent To". Change it via View | Current View, or enable the Advanced toolbar and use the Views dropdown box. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail addres...

IMF and UceArchive folder
Hi All, I just installed the IMF on a Exch2K3 server. It is working pretty well. I would like to make a configuration change, but don't know how to accomplish it. Currently the server is sending email to the Archive folder. Is there a way to make the archive folder a public folder within Exchange? This would allow all people to view the junk and make sure that an email destined for them is not ending up there. As it stands now, I have to go in and look at the emails and forward them out if they are "legit". If they went ot the public folder, the users could do it themselves... ...